The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Family Reunion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Renayu
Renayu

EXP : 3622

Character Description
Position: Tea Shop Waiteress
Nation: Water Tribes

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Renayu

I was walking around in the Tribe, watching childern running around and playing games with each other. I watched as a few water-benders (in the begining stages) were practicing their natural art. I remeber when my mother was teaching me how to master my water-bending abilites. I still dwell on her death, even though it was years ago.

I thought about other membered in my family. My cousins, Akhet and Zulera. Zulera is the Avatar, which is preety amazing! Akhet has a daughter that he is taking care of. I didnt know where Zulera was at, so for the time being i was trying to find Akhet. Maybe he could help me and give advice on how I was supposed to marry someone within the next two years.

Mood: Tired and thinking
Condition:Heathly

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

EXP : 5270
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

It was another fine day in the Southern Water Tribe, and Zakura had just been released from her training for the day. the blood of the Avatar that was in her to an extent showed through her talented skills, but she knew that she had a long ways to go.

as she was walking, she ran into the new Tribal chief of all people.
"oh hey, Chief," she nodded respectfully. while Zakura was occasionally a bit rough around the edges and considerably reckless sometimes, she knew a bit about being polite, such as in this case.
"What's on your mind?" she could tell that Renayu was in thought, but she was no mind-reader, and so the only way she'd know is if the chief told her.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Renayu

As I was walking, Zakura ran into me. I smiled at her as she just left her training session. She was a sweet girl. You could tell that she was related to the Avatar as well, just by how her skills develop. "Hey Zakura. I was just thinking and I was really needing to talk to Akhet about it. It's Chief stuff." I told her, It was complicated and I really didnt want to tell her.

"How's your training coming along?" i asked her. She was so talented. She could beat some of these boys here with her eyes closed. if the others only had the power and motivation that she has, then the Southern water Tribe would have even more powerful warriors on its hands.

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Zakura chuckled. "oooh. my dad gonna be your successor or something?" she joked, "naw, I kid, I kid... well, unless that's really what it's about."

she didn't press the subject though, and instead heard Renayu out.
"training's going good. sparred with a couple of the guys and whipped 'em soundly. a lot of people just need to realize that one of the secrets to skill is stubbornness and determination. when I put my mind to something, I make sure that I go through with it until I finish it or discover that it is impossible. that's how I accomplish things."

she paused for a moment. "oh... and Akhet? he's just back at the house, being all lazy and stuff from his last hunt. did you want me to take you to him?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Renayu

"Do i look that old to you?" I asked her. the last time i checked, 23 wasnt old. Oh well. I really needed to talk to her dad. Maybe he could help me, i didnt know. "Thats good.Its about time that the tribe see's that warriors dont just stay with the men. You'll be a great warrior, i can tell." I told her.

"Only if you dont mind." I said. i didnt want to intrude in her home. Maybe seeing family was what I needed right now. I always relied on family members to help me make any type of descion or choice. I looked to the sky as it was bright, as usual.

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Zakura decided to crack a joke. "you look ANCIENT!" she teased, knowing that this was not really the case. "and aye... us women can fight just as well as the men. the equality of the military force of the Tribes is something I obviously appreciate."

"alrighty then... I'll take ya there. I was heading home anyways."
she grinned and started skipping towards home, her dreadlocks flying as she bounced to and fro.
she entered, inviting Renayu inside as well. "hey dad, I'm back!" she called out.
soon, the man in question appeared, and there was a great resemblance both to his daughter and his sister in his physique and demeanor.

"So..." Akhet cooed, "what can I help ya with, chief?"
his mannerisms were similar to Zakura's.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Renayu

I followed Zak home from the training center. I felt the skin on my face when she wasnt looking. I dont look old, or do I? Was this why I hadnt married yet? because I looked old?!

I continued walking untill we got to her home. I walked in and took off my gloves made of Polar bear- dog fur. I looked as I saw one of my cousins, Akhet, walking out.
"Hey Akhet. I was in need of some adult advice. I was hoping that you could help me, not just by being a really close friend, but as a family member." I told him, not letting my confusion get to me.

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:28 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Zakura and Akhet exchanged greetings, and Zakura explained the situation to her father. Akhet nodded a few times, and then Zakura decided to leave the room, figuring it would be best to respect the privacy of the chief given her request. she left the house, not even intending to try and listen in. she highly doubted that it involved her anyways.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

EXP : 14635

Character Description
Position: Healer

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet gave his cousin a warm Water Tribe greeting, slapping his arms around her in a big hug.
"Chief Renayu!" he beamed, "what a nice surprise... make yourself comfortable. what's mine is yours..."

this wasn't brown-nosing or flattery; this was just Akhet's hospitality towards family. while he was sometimes a bit indifferent to others, he held his family, even extended family, close to him.

he sat down after she did.
"Advice, huh..." he muttered, "well... what kind of advice. I might be able to help you on that one..."
he put his hands together and listened, all ears.
Condition: Content
Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:49 pm

Renayu

I watched as Zakura left the house. I greeted my cousin by returning his hug. Fanily was family, and right now, i didnt have anybody else except Akhet, Zakura, and Zulera. I took a seat after Akhet showed me a seat.

"You can just call me Ren. And I know you went through the same thing. the Tribal Council told me I have to marry withing two years or I will bring bad luck to the Tribe forever. And right now, the only nation i can think of is the Fire Nation. But I dont know how the Tribe would take it if I married a Fire nation man and he would become a Water tribe Chief as well. Please help me?"

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet chuckled. "haven't found any good-looking guys in the Tribes? I'd say to go with the Tallarico Clans, given that I am undoubtedly the sexiest man alive, but we're cousins and I was already married."

he paused for a moment. "Granted, my wife was fire nation too, as was Zakura's twin sister. but... that came when Zul and I went to their home turf and did stuff like that. I dunno what my sister got into, but a cute little lady fell for me... and well, yeah. the rest is history."

he turned to look Ren in the eyes. "so... first I gotta ask... what's in the Fire Nation? got eyes on a hotman?" he laughed at his own stupid pun.
Condition: Content
Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Renayu

I looked at him as he spoke. He was always joking around. How else did people survive hard times? I knew his wife was a firebender along with his other daughter. I never wanted to adk what happened to them. And i knew Zulera was in love with a Fire Nation man. But i am the Chief. Air Nomads were mysterious and the Earth Kingdom was to vast.

"No. But the Bender Battle Tournement is in the Fire Nation Capitol. Maybe i could find someone there. I just dont want to be known ad the Chief who screwed up. Your marrige was perfect."

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet took a hearty swig of a drink that was sitting on the table. based on his voice and his movements, he appeared to still be entirely sober, so the chance of this drink being alcoholic were limited.

he slammed it down in his typical playful manner and gave another chuckle. "M'dear chief, my marriage was hardly perfect, since there are few that ever are... what it was, was lucky. it also lasted till they disappeared a while back." she shrugged.
"this bender battle thing you talk about though..." he put his fingers on his chin, "is it only for Fire Nationers, or are the other nations invited too? if you think of it that way, you might run into someone from the Earth Kingdom or even the 'Tribes. 'sides, not only is two years a long time, but just because a couple of old codgers want you to get married within their time frame doesn't mean that they're telling the truth. just sayin'"

Akhet had never really been a man who respected authority he did not agree with. he, Zulera, and Zakura were all rogueishly free-roaming waterbenders that did what they pleased, though luckily they stayed out of trouble for the most part (Except for Zulera).

"but... if you wanna join up in that bender battle thingamajig, I'm up for taggin' along if y'need any other advice. you know me... I'm here to help."
he gave a soft chuckle, downing another shot from his beverage.
Mood: Chill
Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Renayu

I watched as he drank something. I could hardly ever to eat or drink anymore now that the council has me going out for a tour tomorrow. I listened to his statements. My father always told me I needed to listen to the Council because they were they all mighty seeing ones. Akhet was telling me to do everything opposite of what I had been doing.

"Yes, the Bender Battle Tournement is for everyone. Even if your not a bender. They have hand-to-hand combat, survival training and other things as well. You and Zakura should come with me. It will be fun. All Nations getting together and having friendly matches. Who knows, maybe you will enjoy it." I said teasing him.

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet grinned widely, and it was clear where the family resemblance was. his grin was nearly identical to Zulera's, and both of them made the same types of expressions their mother , Zurok, always did. where that woman was, or what she got up to though... was anyone's guess. rumors had it that their mother was a wickedly powerful bloodbender, but if this was true, she had yet to strike any person--or at least get caught. besides... the old lady seemed friendly enough in most occasions. either way, Renayu would recognize the large, slightly eerie grin that Akhet gave, though any creepiness factor was unintended.

he was simply saying what he believed, and what his parents had taught him. authority was to be respected, but only as long as they were just or as long as their family agreed with them. questioning everything, and changing the things that one didn't like, sometimes through any means necessary, was their creed.

"Who me?" Akhet joked, "me? have fun? come now... the Tallarico Clan *never* does anything like that."
he paused for a moment, glancing out the window as if to check on Zakura. "well... we might very well just do that, actually. no joke this time."
he smiled, glancing at his cousin, and also processing a few thoughts.
"still, Chief..." he nodded, "don't let a few old codgers dupe you into marrying some schmuck you have no romantic interest in. hollow love never lasts more than about 38 minutes or so.I've got my own share of stories and experiences in that regard."
he downed another drink,
"so..." he said with an 'aaaah!', "anything else y'd like t'ask me?"
Mood: Mischievous
Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:39 pm

Renayu

The family resemblence was very uncanny. Akhet and Zulera's grins were the exact same, along with the facial expressions. I just looked like Zulera and her mother. Our grins and builds had their differences. Our family did have dark history in the life of romances. I just wanted to change them.

"Well, i am glad to hear that you will be coming with us. that will be amazing. And I will do as the council says because sometimes, it just seems right to me. Nothing against your advice, its just my thinking." I told him hoping he wasnt to get mad at me. "Now, if you will exuse me, I have some things to get in order before I leave in a few days. If you do not want to come, you can look over the tribe for me?" I asked him as I grabbed my wolfs head and placed it on my head. I waited at the door for his response.

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet was unfazed. He and his immediate family were not necessarily against tradition, but they had some deep, dark traditions of their own which always took precedence. The Tallarico Clan was like that. He still did not see why she was so keen on marrying someone from the Fire Nation, but it sounded like the excuses of a love-struck young woman. He wasn't going to argue it, because he did not care a great deal to begin with. it wasn't his business.

he laughed when she gave her decision then. "Or... more likely, it's just you trying to justify your desire for a firebender husband." he teased. He was an even bigger tease than his sister Zulera, and this was something that he had also taught Zakura.
he thought about it for a moment and then stood up. "I'll watch the tribe for you... though I might end up showing up a bit later on, maybe even with Zak."
with that, he bade her a fond farewell as she left his home.
Mood: Mischievous
Link:

[OOC--I am not sure where Ren is going after this, but I might join in at a later time if she is doing something]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion   Family Reunion Empty

Back to top Go down

Family Reunion
Page 1 of 1