The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mai Li(Modified)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai Li
Mai Li

EXP : 1328

Character Description
Position: Air Council Member, South Temple
Nation: Air Temples

Mai Li(Modified) Empty
PostSubject: Mai Li(Modified)   Mai Li(Modified) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Full Name: Mai Li
Element: Air
Birthplace: Near Southern Air Temple
Position: Air Council Member
Training: Southern Air Temple Masters

Personality:
General Description: Mai is extremely energetic, and typically annoys people around her. She will frequently ask question that aren't even remotely related to the topic at hand, and will become depressed, and distant when people finally do snap, and demand she be quiet. She is a very vocal person who likes to let people know how she feels. She, like all Airbenders, is a pacifist, and has quite a well developed silver tongue. Mai is wise beyond her years and does her best to respect her elders, even if she feels they are, plain and simple, wrong.

With others: Mai talks a lot when she is with other people. She will listen and respond with her own opinion. She will ask as many questions as she can fit into one breath, and if it's been a particularly long time since she last talked to you then she make take another breath and continue. Mai lacks boundaries, she'll ask about just about anything. Although she doesn't try, Mai may come off as being flirtatious when really she's just trying to be friendly. Mai is vicious to her enemies, she will slight, insult, push, air slap, or even kill anyone who has become her enemy if provoked. Mai believes in self-preservation, and if someone seeks to kill her, she will strike first. Mai can be calm and quiet when she tries really hard, which she usually has to do whenever in the presence of her peers or when someone is seeking her help or opinion.

Alone: Mai usually meditates, sleeps, or eats when she's alone. At times she'll talk to herself, only when she's confused or bored. She'll do her best to be quiet, but, at times, she'll just go off and cause trouble somewhere. Mai will also practice Airbending forms when she's alone, or listen to nature around her.

Abilities: Mai is a gifted Airbender, and can manipulate the air around her to form powerful gales. She is athletic, given her small size, it helps her maneuver around larger, stronger opponents to find weak points, or escape easily, if necessary. What Mai lacks in raw strength, she makes up for in technique, capable of toppling foes twice her size with ease. Mai's favorite attack is the Air Slap, which she has claimed as her own personal trademark move. She usually uses airslapping to intimidate, or insult someone, rather than to harm them. Mai can Airbend large protective bubbles to deflect other bending attacks. Mai learned how to redirect lightning in her short time travelling, a waterbender had been more than happy to show it to her. Mai also picked up a few Kung Fu stances such as the Snake, the Crane, and the Dancing Dragon. She did her best to master Chi Blocking, but found it very difficult, managing to paralyze her training partners, but never subdue their bending ability. Mai is flexible, and limber, she practiced being an acrobat when she came across a travelling circus, but decided that she didn’t want anything to do with them when a Komodo-Rhino almost took her hand off. Mai is extremely perceptive and is very good at telling when someone is lying. She has good eyesight and will usually notice little things other people might miss. Mai Li’s mastery of the basic parts of Airbending was undoubtedly faster than that of her counterparts that were her age. The Air Ball, although designed to be more like a trap, was used to lift, and carry things, usually ending up on someone’s head. The Air Blast, Air Bomb, and Air Cannon were more difficult; she had to spend months perfecting the use of these techniques. Air Manipulation was Mai’s favorite technique, aside from the Air Slap, and she practiced it frequently. Mai found Air Punching and Air Kicking simple techniques, but she found their application to be more fun when used to slide food across a table to confuse her fellow students and teachers. Mai found Air Suction simple as well, she described it as just reversing the effects of pushing to pulling. Mai learned and mastered everything in her power to learn, although she did attempt to mimic Avatar Aang’s Air Barriers and Air Sphere, she found their application to be dangerous and nearly impossible to replicate.
Mastered Airbending Techniques: Air Ball, Air Blast, Air Bomb, Air Cannon, Air Manipulation, Air Punching/Kicking, Air Shield, Air Suction, Air Swipe, Air Wheel, Enhanced Agility, Enhanced Speed, Multiple Target Airbending attacks, Air Blades, Air Spout, Air Vortex, Air Wake, Flight, Mini-Tornado.
Attempted, Semisuccessful Airbending Techniques: Air Barrier, Air Sphere.

Appearance: Typical Air Nomad clothing, hair in a bun, glider in hand, usually a lemur on her shoulder.
Height: 5'5
Weight: 143lbs
Eyes: Sky Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Lightly Tanned

Mai is thin, but healthy. She wears her Airbender clothing everywhere. Mai has burn marks on her wrists, and hands, which she typically pretends don't exist. The burns don't inhibit her abilities, though it may give Firebenders reason to be suspicious. When Mai has her hair down, it usually falls into her eyes, and she costantly has to push it back, when it's in a bun, she constantly adjusts it, always believing it is crooked. Mai has black hair that hangs at around two feet, it's usually brushed back, or in a neat bun. Mai has a thin figure with supple, perky breasts, and a bottom to match. She never goes anywhere without her Airbending attire, she'll refuse to wear any other Nation's colors, even if it was snowing, and she was soaking wet. Mai has never had trouble getting someone’s attention if she really wanted it, and uses her assets if someone does happen to be capable of ignoring her. Mai, despite her behavior, is in fact, a virgin, and is extremely shy when it comes to that topic. She does her best to hide her form under an Airbending cloak, or clothes that are slightly too big. Mai carries her staff where ever she goes, and likes to use it for a walking stick. Mai does not have the Airbending Tattoos as other masters do because she feels she isn’t ready to receive them quite yet. Mai always holds her head high, doing her utmost to display only the finest behavior when in meetings with others, and always representing the Airbending Nomads with pride.

Weaponry & Other Gear: Airbender Glider

Item Name Airbender Glider
Materials: Wood, Sail-Like Materials
Description: Just a common, everyday glider, nothing special about it.

History: Mai grew up in the Southern Air Temple, quite unaware of anything aside from her community. To Mai, there was no world outside the temple. Mai lost her parents at a young age, and can't even recall what they looked like anymore. This was when she obtained the scars on her hands and arms, a rogue firebender attacked, ambushed her family, by the time the monks arrived, and forced the intruder away, the damage had been done. As they entered the house, finding the charred bodies, they could hear the soft cry of a young girl, hiding in a closet. They took her away from the house, mended her wounds, and taught her the art of Airbending, which she understood surprisingly well, surpassing the other children, and becoming a child prodigy. Her most devout supporter, her master, Ochi, was her final trainer, and was the one who had demanded she be honored with the title of Master, despite her young age. When she was young, most of her friends were boys, afterall, she found the games the girls played to be boring. She was a reliable player in air soccer, and learned early that every Airbender hit the ground running. As she began to age, she realized that things were changing, not just her own image, but the way her friends treated her. She moved from being their best friend with cooties to their love interest. Though they initially tried to maintain a friendly demeanor, once they realized that she really did just want friends, they drifted away. She found herself alone, the girls didn't accept her because she acted too much like a boy, they wanted to use their skills for gentler hobbies, while Mai wanted to go back to playing air soccer. After a time, she decided to leave, although the Masters implored her to reconsider, she smiled, and declined, thanking them for everything they had taught her, and how kind they had been despite her energetic, and, most times, inhibiting behavior. They all smiled kindly, and wished her the best. Ochi was the last person to confront her, the old face smiling, yet tears formed in the corners of his eyes. He had always been a fatherly figure, and now, as she prepared to leave, he offered her one last thing, it appeared from almost nowhere, sniffing curiously, a flying lemur, one that she had seen lingering in her Master's home, she never would have guessed he had intended it to be her's. She smiled widely, hugging her master in powerful hug, which he returned, he had no words to aside from making her promise to return and visit frequently. She swore on her honor as an Airbender that she would come home every other week, and hugged him one last time before departing, in search of new places, and far away things.

Training: Mai spent more time creating drafts, and practicing her Airbending than any other child in her class. She sometimes spent all night blasting training dummies over, and doing her best to keep herself suspended in midair without touching the ground. Mai had been determined to impress her masters, especially Ochi, she felt like if she could obtain the rank of master that she will have done the best she could and that she might be able to make her parents proud of her. Above all other things, her drive was to make the one's she's lost, and never had a chance to know proud that she was their daughter.

Recent Developments: Mai had been helping the current Council Members of the temple, after spending years of her life abroad, it felt good to be home. When her former master Ochi fell ill, she took the responsibility of caring for him. Above anyone else, he had been her family. She could still recall the look on his face when she had returned, and the hug as well. As time passed, it grew to be an understanding among the other Members that Ochi's final days were upon him, and that they were in dire need of a replacement when he finally did enter the spirit world. It was upon the day that rumors first began to spread that her master took her aside, and, in a whisper, he said, "My dear Mai, will you help me to my chair, there is one last request I must beseech to the other members of the council." Mai smiled, she was only too happy to help, her eyes were red, she knew they were supposed to be happy for those who were now given the chance to return to the spirits, and spend the rest of their days in peace, but Mai couldn't help but feel slightly selfish, wishing Ochi could have stayed with them. She wheeled her master to the council chambers, and departed accordingly. She stood by outside, for nearly an hour, and when the doors reopened, Ochi was wheeled away, and she was beckoned inside. The man who spoke was someone Mai had never met personally, but he addressed her as if he'd known her for her whole life, "Mai, Brother Ochi has made it clear...that you, above all of our other students, possess a natural level head, and you are a determined and strong-willed woman. You also have the best interests of our home in mind, yes?" Mai nodded furvently, "Yes, Master." The old man nodded slowly, "He has recommended you...to take his place when he has passed." Mai turned her head to the side, stifling a desire to cry. "Does this displease you?" Mai shook her head, "No...no, it makes me very happy to know that Master Ochi would recommend me for such an honor...I just...am not fond of talking of him passing out of our world..." The old man smiled softly, "You must not feel sorrow for those who's time has come, all of us return to the earth...in time. You are still quite young, and these lessons will sink in as you age. As for our choice, we have decided to grant Brother Ochi's final request, if you accept the position." Mai turned back, one stray tear rolled down her cheek, "I will serve our people proudly.", she declared. "Then it's settled.", he replied. Ochi passed away less than a week later, during the celebration to the Master's achievements, they announced Mai to be his successor, somehow, she knew he was watching her.

Reasons Why You Believe You Deserve a Master-Tier Character/Position: Pretty simple, really. I've been here for quite a long time, I have never asked for a Master on any of my previous characters, and I have been respectful toward the admins here, as well as to fellow members(Exceptions may apply). Also, I thought that, seeing as how this group has an immense lack of Council Members that I, as someone who logs on whenever I can, deserve the title, despite the fact that my time here is limited, I reply promptly and with the upmost attention to grammar and with, again, respect to the person I'm Threading with. Thank you for taking the time to read this, we will cover travelling expenses, funeral expenses if necessary,
Sincerely, Thorin and CO.(If anyone finds this inappropriate, forgive me, I tend to joke at bad times.)

**Required of ALL Master Tier Characters**

Character Box:

"Mai Li"

Mai woke up earlier than usual this morning, grumbling lightly, rolling over, and screaming as she fell out of her hammock, and fell about five feet to the ground below. She cursed, and got up slowly, dusting her butt off. She looked up at her hammock tiredly, and sighed, “No use trying to go back to sleep now.”, she said to herself. She jumped up into the tree, looking down to see her Lemur still sleeping. She took her time wrapping up her bedroll and then climbed out of the tree. She unpacked a small bag of uncooked rice, and a few cooking essentials, she filled her small cooking pot with water, and went about making a fire.
She gathered a bundle of branches and dried up grasses, using her hands to spin the stick until she got a small coal in the center of the bundle, blowing on it lightly. Once the fire was lit, she set the pot on to boil, and dumped what remained of her rice into it. She sat patiently, noticing May climb down the tree and snatch up a beetle. She munched noisily, and Mai sighed, “Sometimes I wish I could eat beetles like you can, you have no idea how big of a pain it is to have to cook everything yourself every morning, mid-day, and night.” May stared back blankly, still eating.
Mai sighed, stirring the pot, and tossing in a few seasonings to add some flavor. She smiled lightly as the aroma swirled around her. She gave up trying to be sparing with her food, and pulled out a small tea pot, making herself a mix of Jasmine and Orange Spiced tea. She sat quietly until they were done, pouring the tea into a small cup, and then pouring all the spare water back into her water skin. She ate the rice, watching May, she added a bit of sugar to her tea, and managed to get in a nice breakfast before packing all of her gear away, and putting her pack on to go to the Southern Air Temple nearby.
Mai took off, looking out at a nearby mountain, which at the top, she knew, was the Great Southern Air Temple. She didn't know if anyone was there, she only knew that no one had left there all night, and not early this morning either. She pulled up, flying skyward, through the clouds. Once she surfaced, she found herself looking at a place that seemed vaguely familiar to the Northern Temple, though it was simpler. A faint smile touched her face, it was still intact, but she saw no one, heard no one. May hovered nearby, opening her mouth, and chewing whenever a bug drifted too close to her.

Mai giggled, "You'll eat anything, won't you?" The Lemur turned it's big round eyes on Mai, so understanding. "I wish you could talk to me...", her voice trailed off, and became small and sad, "I wish anyone would talk to me." She glanced up again, "Well, it can't be helped, c'mon, let's see if anyone's home.", she said, diving, and landing near the Air Soccer 'field', looking at it longingly. "I wonder if I'll ever play Air Soccer again...what do you think May?" The Lemur made a a few soft squeeks before falling silent, but seemed to be talking to a butterfly that had eluded her. "Yeah...I don't think so either.", she said, starting up the steps, toward the center.

Mood: "Happy"
Condition:"Calm and Healthy"
White

By typing your Forum name below, you acknowledge that your Master-Tier Character requires a considerable degree of activity(to be judged by our staff), and that you are subject to removal from your position of your Master-Tier Character if site staff unanimously decide you are not fulfilling this required level of activity in an undue respect. This judgement will also apply if abuse of this position occurs, whether in or out of character (IC or OOC). ~Hakota-Zai, Site Admin

Mai Li
Back to top Go down
Aamatsu
Staff Admin
Aamatsu

EXP : 75
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Western Air Council Sister

Mai Li(Modified) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mai Li(Modified)   Mai Li(Modified) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Approved, thank you for fitting all the requirements and making the necessary edits.

In this holiday time, I'll ask you wait for two more approvals instead of the normal unanimous consensus of staff for a master-tier character. If your app isn't approved in 24-hours, please PM Nokomi/Shula and Loki/Zehir.

Thank you, and I hope you luck in your new character, Mai!
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief

Mai Li(Modified) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mai Li(Modified)   Mai Li(Modified) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:35 pm

I approve too. Have fun! :3
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Mai Li(Modified) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mai Li(Modified)   Mai Li(Modified) EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:53 am

I'm going to process this completely now. Not enough staff to run three approvals or more.
Back to top Go down
Nokomi
Staff Admin
Nokomi

EXP : 2700
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Murderess
Nation: Fire Nation

Mai Li(Modified) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mai Li(Modified)   Mai Li(Modified) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Approved; you now have the three approvals needed. Apologies for my absence and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mai Li(Modified) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mai Li(Modified)   Mai Li(Modified) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mai Li(Modified)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Creation :: Characters :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: