The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oghren

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Oghren
Oghren

EXP : 488

Oghren Empty
PostSubject: Oghren   Oghren EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:05 pm

Full Name: “The names Oghren…but the ladies pronounce it ‘Ohhh-ghren’ ”
Gender: “What kind of pudding-head question is that? I’m all man…and then some!”
Element: “I’m a sodding Earthbender, isn’t it obvious?”
Birthplace: “You’re looking at the Pride of Gaoling!”
Position: “Position? Does connoisseur of fine meads and ales count?”
Training:
Earthbending: “I can toss boulders like pebbles, and crush rocks like grapes, what more do you want to know?!” Expert Level
Metalbending: “Bah! Metalbending ain’t so hard!” Expert Level
Martial arts: “What the hell is a martial art? What kind of swishy, lemur-licker do you take me for?!” Non-existent
Brawling: “Now we’re talking!” Expert Level
Weapon Skill: “I’m pretty good with my axe.” Expert Level

Personality: (317)
"If you've ever heard of me before, it's probably all been about how I piss ale and murder young boys who look at me wrong. And that's mostly true..."
Oghren is a crude, witty, and almost permanently drunk warrior from the Earth Kingdom. He is a man of simple tastes, those tastes being mainly fighting, drinking and women, and so it is fitting that he is described according to these three central areas around which his life mostly revolves.

Drinking: "I don't get upset I get drunk!" Oghren is almost permanently drunk. He always carries some form of alcohol with him and drinks almost continually. Despite the volumes of liquor that he consumes, he usually only stays in slightly drunk state (Although there are still times where he still becomes completely shit-faced).

He doesn’t care much about helping others or doing good deeds, although he is not really a bad person. He is fiercely loyal to his best friend Zevran, and the two of them have an insult-based relationship. He has a unique sense of humour and makes a lot of jokes, many of them being either slapstick, or below the belt.

Women: “I'm like a cherry soaked in brandy. Plump... juicy... and full of intoxicating flavor.” Oghren thinks he is the Spirits’ gift to womankind. He is extremely confident in himself and has no inhibitions whatsoever. When it comes to woman he is completely brazen and will flirt with almost anyone. Not even rejection seems to faze him.

Fighting: "You can take a warrior out of the fight, but you can never take the fight out of the warrior." Oghren is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Despite being constantly drunk he is surprisingly skilled, although particularly violent. He utilises rage and anger during fights and becomes an almost unstoppable force, shouting wildly as he swings his massive axe around violently.

Abilities: (451)
“I’ll tell you how life in The Shadows goes… You get a sword or an axe along with some advanced metalbending training, and are told to go out and defend your kingdom; it’s the best thing in the world…that is until you try to live in the kingdom you saved…they train you to kill, teach you to harness your rage at the first noise you hear, and then try to set a hundred sodding rules about it!”

Fighting Oghren would terrify most people, mainly because he throws all cautious to the wind and charges his opponents like a maddened Komodo Rhino, swinging his massive two-handed battleaxe around with incredible power thanks to his metalbending. His fighting style is highly unorthodox, but very effective, as he combines his skill with an axe with his earthbending. His most prominent attributes while fighting are his immense physical strength, and his ability to take one hell of a beating. Even if he is outmatched, he will fight on and on until his very last breath. He is notoriously very difficult to kill.

Earthbending: Oghren discovered that he was an earthbender at a young age. His strong will and stubborn personality helped him advance rather quickly through the various forms. However, the way he controlled and manipulated earth was much different to most other earthbenders. He used unorthodox movements to earthbend, unlike the various forms of martial arts that others incorporated into their bending. Oghren was described as a brute my many, using crude punches and other stiff, ungraceful movements to fling massive sized boulders through the air. What everyone could agree on, however, was that he had unbelievable power and a very strong connection to the earth.

Metalbending: Oghren’s unique skills got him noticed by an elite and very secretive force of earthbending warriors called The Shadows. He was chosen as a candidate and promptly began special metalbending training. Despite the fact that metalbending was usually difficult for most earthbenders to learn, Oghren got the hang of it rather quickly. Although he is a talented metalbender, Oghren doesn’t use it much in fights other than using it to wield his massive two-handed axe with incredible power and unnerving precision.

Weapon Use and Hand-To-Hand: Oghren’s choice weapon is his huge, unwieldy battle-axe, which he uses to great effect thanks to his metalbending. He is a very skilled fighter with his battle-axe and can deliver massive, earth-shattering blows with it.
When Oghren doesn’t have his battle-axe on him (which hardly ever happens), he becomes a vicious, straight up brawler. He knows no fancy techniques or styles, and will just beat his opponent to a pulp with his fists, using his immense strength and resilience to his advantage.

Appearance:
“They say you are what you eat…funny...I don’t remember eating a sexy beast this morning!”
Height: 5’6
Weight: Stocky and Muscular
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red and messy

Oghren 1452999-oghren

(221) The most notable thing a person would immediately notice about Oghren, other than the intense smell of his ale cologne, is his shortness. It is a very touchy subject to him and most know to avoid speaking of it near him. In addition to his height, he is very muscular and strong, which makes him look quite stocky, though he is far from being fat.

He has messy ginger hair and an intertwined beard which he continually gets food, drink and an array of other things stuck in. His pupils are light green and are usually set against a slightly red background due to his constant drunkenness. He is usually not a very clean person and has little shame in letting out his various bodily emanations. In fact, he is quite proud of them as he believes it adds to his charm.

Oghren wears heavy, steel plate-armor into battle, and carries a large unwieldy battle-axe. Weight isn’t an issue as he uses his metalbending to lighten the load. He is very particular about his armor and equipment and refers to it fondly as “Oghren’s Junk,” and woe be upon any who attempt to touch “Oghren’s Junk.” Due the fact that Oghren fights in very close quarters, and becomes quite violent, he is often covered with quite a bit of blood after fights.

Weaponry & Other Gear:

“No one touches Oghren’s junk…AND LIVES!”
Oghren’s Junk: Two-Handed Battle-axe, Steel Plate Armor, a large flask of ale which Oghren calls ‘one for the ditch’.

History: (590)

“History? What’s there to tell? I get mad, fly into battle and things die…speaking of which…my fighting arms twitching!”

*****Early Years and Training*****

Oghren grew up in the large Earth Kingdom city of Gaoling. His parents were middle class, and they had decent lives. When it was discovered that Oghren was an Earthbender, his parents sent him to special tutoring. It was expensive, but they figured that it would be worth it in the end, as having a bender in the family made it look rather strong. He was a natural at it, showing great promise from a young age. He was very powerful and had a strong connection to the earth. However, he hardly ever seemed to pay attention to his teachers. Where they would show him a graceful form to throw a rock, he would perform a simple punch and throw a large, lopsided chunk of earth. While this infuriated his teachers, none of them could deny that the boy was extremely powerful.

*****The Shadows*****

The story of the almost primal earthbender from Gaoling caught the attention of the legendary, through very secret group of Earth Kingdom warriors called The Shadows. He was chosen as a possible candidate and was drafted into a special military training camp, along with other hopefuls to begin his metalbending training. Metalbending came easily to Oghren, though as with his earthbending, he didn’t use it in the traditional sense. Instead he used it to boost his already impressive physical strength to wield extremely heavy armor and weapons. After a few years, he became a member of the secretive group, and he loved every minute he was a part of it.

*****Stripped of Rank and Exiled*****

After a short stint with The Shadows, their leader, General Yu, mysteriously vanished. Without their leader, chaos began to spring up amongst the group and everyone seemed to have their own agenda and plans for the future. During a heated argument, Oghren lost complete control and began attacking one of his superiors. Thankfully, no weapons were involved and so it was just a straight up brawl. However, his opponent was one of the Shadows most seasoned veterans and after taking a beating that would have killed the average man twice over, the Shadows unanimously decided to strip Oghren of his position and exile him from the order.

*****Life after Exile*****

Oghren was lost after leaving the Shadows. He had no skills besides fighting and turned to drink. He discovered that mercenary work paid decent money and soon became a sword, or rather an axe, for hire. It was around this time in his life when he met two people who would play a large part in where the rest of his life was going. The first was a feisty, well-endowed barmaid named Esmeralda, who gave Oghren information on ‘jobs’ that needed doing. She became a reoccurring character in his story, and he would shamelessly make advances towards her, usually with comments about her shapely breasts and her lovely child-bearing hips. He did with all women really, though Esmeralda was always something special. She was as Oghren would say, “All Woman!”

It wasn’t long before Oghren met the second person, a waterbender who went by the name of Zevran. The two did a job together and formed something of a friendly rivalry. They actually got on very well and soon learned they were both from similar backgrounds, being ex-members of powerful groups. They pretty much stuck together since then, looking for trouble, drinks, fights and beautiful women together.

**OPTIONAL**
Sample RP and Character Box:

Oghren

Shit-Faced Oghren: "Hey, guys! You gotta hear this one! This airbender walks into a tavern! Eh heh. And there's an waterbender there. Ah ha ha ha! And she says, Ha ha ah ah ha! She says." *Snorts* "Ah ha!" *Falls over*

It's Tarek btw :3

Mood: Gassy
Condition: Drunk

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

EXP : 5075
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None
Nation: Fire Nation

Oghren Empty