The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Soran Kanzaki

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Soran
Soran

EXP : 1925
Birthday : 1993-04-02

Character Description
Position: None
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Soran Kanzaki  Empty
PostSubject: Soran Kanzaki    Soran Kanzaki  EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:04 am

Soran Kanzaki  Sword-of-the-stranger-bluray720px264dts-yoroshiku-thora-mkv_snapshot_00-26-05_2010-12-25_00-54-12
Full Name: Soran Kanzaki
Element: Air
Birthplace: Ba Sing Se
Position: Order of the White Lotus
Training: Airbending [Master], Hand-to-Hand [Intermediate], Blacksmith [Beginner], Swordsmanship [Expert]

Personality: As an average person; Soran is a calm and down-to-Earth type of person. He enjoys fighting and relxation. He loves music and making other people happy. Ryu trained him to be cold in battle whenever needed. So now Soran has the ability to slaughter an entire convoy of individuals without feeling the slightest bit of remorse. That isn't to say he doesn't have a softer side. Whenever the lives of those he cares about are in danger, he will quickly spring into action if he feels needed.

Soran's personality is considerably calmer and much more serious than most individuals, but he still has a habit of joking around and disrespecting those around him. He loves to relax and enjoy himself. He will often go train alone or go into a tranquil state of solitary. However, he also loves to travel and learn new things. That is the way he became after being trained by others from different cultures.  In truth, Soran has the curiosity of a child and the heart of a killer.

As an assassin; Soran is proud, cunning, cruel, and loves to fight. The lives of others hold absolutely no value to him, and he shows no remorse for his actions. As a pragmatist, he will strike without a moment's thought, warning, or hesitation. This makes him a skilled and extremely aggressive opponent, showing mastery in Airbending and an expertise in swordsmanship. He is swift and agile, able to perform complicated and nearly impossible acrobatic feats such as jumping off of a high cliff while landing squarely on his feet. The swift warrior is also a difficult opponent to fight in close combat, as he can quickly counterattack if struck multiple times, making him very dangerous. He is also shown to be an uncaring, cold, and ruthless individual, having not the slightest sympathy for anyone.

Abilities: Soran has spent his life training in order to develop his own style of combat and exhibits an incredible degree of skill as a swordsman, being capable of delivering multiple precision strikes at speeds that mimic the current of the wind. This style consists of Battōjutsu and Baguazhang. Both very effective on their own; but when blended together, they work perfectly for somebody who is able to manipulate the currents of the air. Being a master in Airbending, Soran is able to perform every single thing Aang accomplished with relative ease. Of course, this doesn’t include what he accomplished during the Avatar State. However, Soran’s abilities have been manifested far beyond what other Airbenders could accomplish with their pacifist nature.

Airbending was clearly Soran’s best ability upon a young age due to the fact that he could easily make the wind thin and sharp with the aid of his sword. He could fire out a rapid fire of solidified crescents of wind that were as thin and sharp as the blade on his sword. Being trained from a day to day basis in the art of fighting with a blindfold on, Soran was prepared for the slight chance that he was ever blinded in battle he would be able to have an acute sense of hearing and be able to ascertain an opponent's position when temporarily blinded and subsequently disarm him, kill the opponent, and then catch a sheath perfectly on a sword through sound alone. (Much like Pian Dao)

Being trained for all these years in the art of swordsmanship, Soran even mastered the projectile sword-technique uses centrifugal force and the user's hand (more precisely, the thumb) to shoot the sword from inside the sheath, allowing them to strike at adversaries outside the sword's reach. The culmination of centrifugal force and hand strength makes the accuracy of the strike all the more efficient, enabling the swordsman to strike regions on the adversary such as the middle of the forehead. Soran has even shown to be able to throw his sword with pin-point accuracy, as evidenced by being able to stab through an opponent, completely missing every vital organ and muscle in the human body.

Appearance:
Height: 5'11" ft.
Weight: Muscular
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Black spiky hair
Skin: Tan skin complexion

Soran is fairly muscular but to the extent where he is swift as well as strong. Generally chesty with more upper body mass but strong legs which can run swiftly and deliver powerful kicks. He built his body up to the highest that he could achieve with it, but to an extent that it would not affect his movements or slow him down, therefore he achieved the body of the perfect warrior. Basically, he has the perfect blend of mass and tonnage to create the maximum amount of flexibility and strength needed in battle. Then, he built his muscle's tonnage to have a huge amount of endurance so he can last longer in battle when needed.

Soran has black spiky hair placed in a ponytail and a clean cut face. He has two scars around his eyes received from his old teacher while learning the art of the sword. They have faded over the many years since receiving them. His skin is a tan completion while his eyes are a cool grey. This is from his Airbender heritage. He stands at five foot eleven inches because he hadn’t grown much since his early twenties. Due to his constant training, he still retains his youthful appearance that he has had since he was only the age of twenty-six years old.

He typically wears a straw hat and his Earth Kingdom attire. This attire consists of a short sleeve-shirt with green-grey blend with samurai pants. The shoes are traditional swordsmen shoes. On the back of his shirt is a kanji of the Flower of Life pattern. This kanji is placed there in order to represent his affiliation with the Order of the White Lotus. He carries a katana strapped to his left hip with red cloth over the handle of the sword.
Soran Kanzaki  81959abaab70

Weaponry & Other Gear: Katana created from Platinum

Item Name Katana
Materials: Platinum
Description: This is simply a katana which is characterized by its distinctive appearance: a curved, slender, single-edged blade with a circular or squared guard and long grip to accommodate two hands. The edge of the blade was cut in such a way to be no thicker than a molecule. This made the katana sharp and durable enough to cut through solid stone with relative ease in the hands of an expert. The material this sword is made from keeps Metalbenders from taking it from the user's grasp.

History: Many years ago; Soran was born in Ba Sing Se from a nonbending man whom had made love of an Airbending woman. Those were the earlier years of his childhood. Four years had passed on him growing up in a proper society. However, Soran soon left with his mother to the Eastern Air temple to learn Airbending. Being from the city; Soran was given the right to not cut his hair or get the Airbending tattoos upon the mastery of learning the element at the age of sixteen. From a very early age, Soran understood and unlocked all seven of his chakras.

Soran's mother had also been teaching him the Airbending style of martial art. During this point in his life. His mother taught him the Baguazhang style of martial arts, also known as circle walking, which was the style known to almost all Airbenders. This style involved “smooth coiling and uncoiling actions”. Such moves employ dynamic footwork, throws, and hand techniques. This martial art features swift, evasive maneuvers that draw energy from the center of the abdomen. By also uses circular, evasive movements, the user builds up massive momentum; this buildup of energy releases a massive amount of power. Soran applied this knowledge to fight people with his glider while spinning and coiling his body to gain the upper hand in a conflict with any of the monks.

Ba Gua is known for its constant circular movements, which make it extremely difficult for opponents to attack directly or land a single blow, a philosophy that is prevalent within Shaolin Kung fu. Maneuvers employ the entire body with smooth coiling and uncoiling movements, utilizing dynamic footwork, open-hand techniques, and maintaining the overall goal of preventing the opponent from turning to face the practitioner while in close-combat. After many years of this training, his mother passed away and he went off into the world on his own. Soon after the death of his mother, he even became a member of the Order of the White Lotus. He was then trained on to become an assassin for the group once one of the leaders, named Ryu, saw potential in the boy and decided how to teach him to fight with a sword.

After joining, Soran was trained in the ancient art of Battōjutsu. Soran was trained for the next fourteen years in the ancient sword style that is said to pit one against many. It was the sword art that is known as Battōjutsu, passed down from master to apprentice for many generations. The one drawback to the style on a whole is that it is a physically demanding style, only a person of peak athletic ability is able to maintain it.  Soran soon became a master with the blade as he was even trained from a day to day basis in the art of fighting with a blindfold on, so in the slight chance that he was ever blinded in battle he would be able to have an acute sense of hearing and be able to ascertain an opponent's position when temporarily blinded and subsequently disarm him, kill the opponent, and then catch a sheath perfectly on a sword through sound alone. This gave him great experience with the blade as he grew more accustomed to fighting and gaining the lust for blood in an actual battle. Soran trained every single day in order to perfectly hone his abilities to the maximum capacity that he could possibly obtain.

Only fighting for the order and balance for the world; Soran became a deadly assassin kept secret from the world and only sent on tasks whenever he was needed. The only representation of this was a kanji on the back of Soran’s shirt of the Flower of Life pattern, which is what the original symbol of the Order derived from. As the years passed, Soran was not guided every step of the way by his new Master. Instead, he was made to find his own way, Ryu offering scant advice and instruction only when Soran found himself lost. Soran's new Master would never debate or enter into deep discussion with the boy. During the brutal training regimen, Soran was pushed to his limits, the physical tests he was subjected to bordered on torture, and many times, until one day he fell upon the brink of death.

The training became too much for him, so he broke the rules and used Airbending on his sensei. Mixing both the knowledge of both Baguazhang and Battōjutsu; Soran developed his own unique style of swordsmanship in which he could easily avoid every single sword strike and slash sent from his sensei while constantly blasting him back with a gust of wind. This nearly got Soran banished from the order. However, he was quickly forgiven after proving his worth by applying this new combination to take out somebody truly evil.

This foe was a Bloodbender whom Soran engaged in combat on the night of a full moon (see Soran RP sample). This wasn’t out of terrible planning or lack of knowledge of this dark form of bending. But it was Simply Soran’s pride getting in the way. He liked to fight his opponents at their best, an assassination is no fun if it isn’t fair. He caught under the foe’s control but quickly secured his victory by stabbing his opponent through the lungs and used Airbending to the oxygen out at an extremely rapid rate.

As a wanderer, Soran awaits to hear word from a Grand Lotus. He will come whenever he is called. Until then he will simply travel the world after years of nothing but honing his skills.

Reasons Why You Believe You Deserve a Master-Tier Character/Position:
Hello, I’m the new guy! ^_^ I have been RPing for six years now. My very first site I’ve ever RPed on was an Avatar site (see old RP sample), so this is nothing new to me. But I haven’t RPed Avatar in a while so I want to give being an Airbender a try. I am currently a twenty year old college student who understands how physics work and how to realistically react to certain types of things happening in combat RP. Such as what would really happen if I ran through a stream of fire. Also, I feel as though you guys should get to know me. I will be an active member and I plan to get into character for every topic I’m in.

**Required of ALL Master Tier Characters**

Character Box:
Soran RP Sample:
Original RP Character RP Sample:

By typing your Forum name below, you acknowledge that your Master-Tier Character requires a considerable degree of activity(to be judged by our staff), and that you are subject to removal from your position of your Master-Tier Character if site staff unanimously decide you are not fulfilling this required level of activity in an undue respect. This judgement will also apply if abuse of this position occurs, whether in or out of character (IC or OOC).

Type Forum Name Here: Soran
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

Soran Kanzaki  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soran Kanzaki    Soran Kanzaki  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 1:07 am

with great power comes great responsibility.

just don't make him *too* powerful (or rather, too invincible). we've had problems with people like that in the past.
otherwise, I think I can trust you enough with the green light. Besides... if problems arise, it's not like everythign is final.
Soran Kanzaki  Soa

wait for one more (so a total of 2. used to be 3 but we are not active enough for that anymore.), and you're good to go. If nothing happens in the next 24 hours, I'll bypass the process because no one likes waiting. why else would everyone hate the DMV so much? Razz
Back to top Go down
Soran
Soran

Character Description

Soran Kanzaki  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soran Kanzaki    Soran Kanzaki  EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:09 pm

I am adding on here that I am going to make 2 gliders like the one Aang received in Book 3 using my Blacksmith skills. However, they will be made of Platinum found from knowledge understood for many years. Also, I am making  two identical water gauntlets that fit on both hands of the user, these are also made from Platinum received from Soran's Grand Lotus information on Earth's natural resources and how to manipulate them.
Water Gauntlets:
Gliders:

I also wish to create these elemental weapons. While the group shopped in a weapons shop (Book 3: Sokka's Master) in the Fire Nation, Aang proposed the idea of the wind sword; he stated that an Airbender could channel air from a sword hilt and swing it about like a blade, similar to a contained air slice. I am only making three sword hilts to do this. However, one of them will hold a constant flow of water and could be used to make a blade of water or even a sword of ice. These will be made of wood.
Sword Hilts:
Tatu:

Last edited by Soran on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nokomi gave me permission to add in a Flying Bison)
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Soran Kanzaki  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soran Kanzaki    Soran Kanzaki  EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 4:15 pm

incidentally, I am going to have to put some of these things into question. After all, it needs a reality-check.

First off, sweet merciful Jesus what is with all the Platinum? Platinum is a precious metal (currently worth more than gold, I believe)--it's not common like iron, or as common as dirt the way you make it seem. Hiroshi Sato might have had more access to it because he was rich and likely had the time and money and resources. So unless Soran's turned into the next Sato and got a stack of mining machines or is currently making more money than the Earth Queen and Firelord combined or something, being able to obtain large amounts of precious metals is simply unrealistic and a bit absurd.

Furthermore, you mention him as a *beginner* blacksmith (and said nothing about woodworking, as the two are very different, just as wood and metal are). To make such advanced things with that level of skill does seem a bit overplaying it. Maybe the gliders are okay, but even then, those were built by a mechanist who built things for a living.
And platinum for them is a big no-no, because they would not likely be able to fly at all. Platinum is one of the densest (and therefore heaviest) metals. Sure, you could use the excuse that we've put giant flying missiles into the sky that people ride across the world [/airplanes], but we're talking gliders here, powered by airflow over the wings.
I mean, if you're just trying to make them un-bendable... just make 'em out of wood like everyone else. Crikey.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but as a result and due to the constraints of reasonability and reality, I am forced to REJECT these changes.
Back to top Go down
Soran
Soran

Character Description

Soran Kanzaki  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soran Kanzaki    Soran Kanzaki  EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Platinum is not that heavy when hallowed out, those gliders aren't solid poles, they are more like pipes. But I see what you mean. However, the Order of the White Lotus has all the knowledge across the globe. Meaning an immense amount of knowledge about the Earth's natural resources and probably the Avaverse's version of the periodic table in its entirety. Therefore, they would have the knowledge to find such a resource. If Hiroshi Sato could find it, the secrete organization based on the knowledge of all four nations (Somewhat like Republic City) could as well. As for the miners, Earthbenders are pretty spread out throughout the Order. Therefore, they would be able to reach it just as well (if not better) than the Equalists.

As for the woodwork, that is something separate entirely. He is a master Airbender with the ability to cut through timber with ease. Shaping something and carving it into a simple shape wouldn't take much effort, other than actually getting the wood. But there are trees almost everywhere in Avatar. I can change the materials if need-be. I just don't want Metalbenders able to take our shit and use it against us to be completely honest with you. I can easily alter the material for each staff into Iron Wood cut and shaped by Airbending if you wish.

As for the gauntlets, I can alter those into water skin. Water skins are pouches used by waterbenders in cases where water is scarce or unavailable. They can vary greatly in size and model. One of the most frequent users of a water skin was Katara. This might actually work better to hold water anyways, even though it would not be able to block blades like I had hoped. In cases where healing is necessary, it is advantageous to have a water skin, as a body of water will not always be present when someone is injured. Water skins allow waterbenders to treat wounds acquired during a battle as soon as they happen, making the healing process more effective. The different sizes of the water skins also allow people to carry them underneath their clothing and thus launch a variety of sneak attacks. When Avatar Korra faced three Triple Threat Triad members, the waterbending member was able to suddenly assault her with a water bullet due to the use of a hidden pouch, which is what Jurishe would basically have around her forearms and calves.

Btw, you okay with the baby bison?
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Soran Kanzaki  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soran Kanzaki    Soran Kanzaki  EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:14 pm

UPDATE:
Demoted from grandmaster Lotus due to inactivity of almost 3 months.
PM me for issues/complaints.

~Zuzu~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soran Kanzaki  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soran Kanzaki    Soran Kanzaki  Empty

Back to top Go down

Soran Kanzaki
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Creation :: Characters :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: