The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rui Ching

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rui
Rui

EXP : 2220

Character Description
Position: Part-time Hostess
Nation: Water Tribes

Rui Ching  Empty
PostSubject: Rui Ching    Rui Ching  EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Full Name: Rui Ching
Element: Water
Birthplace: Southern Water Tribe
Position: Hostess at a small restaurant
Training:

Waterbending (overall): Intermediate
Healing: Beginner

Personality:
(423/140)

Many often describe Rui in one word: quaint. Rui can be and usually is extremely… awkward. What many do not realize is though is what Rui lacks that makes her a little odd is sensitivity. Do not mistake this for cruelty or meanness though; Rui is a very kind young woman once you get past her emotionless wall. Shy but also very observant, Rui often notices small mannerisms in people that they themselves don’t even notice. She often calls people out on them in a meaningful way, but is usually ridiculed. Despite this, Rui manages to brush it off, and rolls with the punches people throw.

Although she is observant, Rui also possesses a sense of naivety about the world. Never straying far from the South Water Tribe itself, Rui finds that all the knowledge she knows about the world itself is from books. Although technically of age, Rui has never done the things a normal eighteen year old would do. She's never drank (except for when her co-workers slip her drinks to have a good laugh), and has never been involved in any romantic relationships. Her lack of friends and shyness also contribute to this, but it is mainly Rui's disinterest for such activities. She prefers books over people any day.

To say that Rui is a bit of a bookworm would be an understatment. In fact, one would notice this quality as soon as they walked into Rui's house. She finds that her loneliness can often be quenched with a good book; though she tends to rarely ever finish a book. Rui is the type of woman who will get to the middle of a book and then decide to start five more different books in the process. Many would make Rui out to be flighty with such a trait, but in all honesty she just has a craving for knowledge. Rui possesses a hunger for learning, and she wants to see and know everything about the world before it's too late.

Ever since she was young, Rui has had a keen fascination with all animals—especially fish. She finds that she is able to ramble about her strange government conspiracies or quaint observations without being contradicted. She admires the loyalty that most animals possess, and tends to mirror that loyalty to the few friends she has. The lack of friends does not bother Rui for the most part. Besides, who in their right mind would want to listen to the idiosyncratic ramblings of an eighteen year old?

Abilities:

(253/140)

Rui is—in all due respect—an average waterbender. She moves with the grace of a ballerina, and remains on her toes while bending. Never being in any truly life-threatening situation, Rui has never had the desire or incentive to hone her waterbending skills. She finds herself favoring ice over water when she bends; enjoying the fact that ice can serve as defense as well as offense. One of her true weaknesses comes with hand-to-hand combat—Rui just doesn't know how to fight. She tends to avoid getting near her opponents, preferring that they wear themselves down before Rui takes the opportunity to strike.

Just recently Rui learned the basics of healing. She enjoys the thought of helping others since she isn't one to go for a kill shot. Rui plans to develop a technique that incorporates ice into her bending, but she knows that she needs an actual teacher before that can happen. Rather than having to hold water over a wound for an extended amount of time, Rui wants to figure out how to concentrate it into a sort of ice pack for people to use.

Being the timid person that she is, Rui is often overtaken when faced with an opponent. She is too careful, and is adamant over using her bending to harm another human being. Rui will go to every length possible to avoid actually attacking her opponent. Rui does have the potential to become a very powerful waterbender, but her own personality holds her back.

Appearance:
Height: 5'2
Weight: 100
Eyes: Slate-gray
Hair: Obsidian
Skin: Cocoa

(252/140)

Rui Ching stands at five foot two and has looks that scream water tribe. She is mostly proportional, though many would agree that her dainty figure is composed mostly of her spindly legs. Rui has a heart shape face that beams with kindness, but when provoked the kind look she is usually seen with disappears instantaneously; her slate gray eyes can cut like a knife, and her China doll lips purse as though she’s swallowed something unpleasant. If one ever wants to know how Rui is feeling, they can simply gaze into her large, almond eyes. Her obsidian hair stops short of her waist, and ripples out in gentle waves, though Rui’s beautiful locks are rarely seen in anything but a simple French braid. Do not let her delicate outside fool you though; many hardcore training sessions with her father has made Rui a lean waterbending machine.

Rui is usually found in the traditional water tribe getup, though she has added some modern twists. Her favorite outfit consists of cropped, tight-fitting ankle capris that are a deep gray and along with them a kimono-like blue top with sleeves that stop just short of her elbow. Her wardrobe could be described as androgynous; Rui is not very fond of ‘girly’ clothes. On her feet Rui wears simple black cloth shoes; though in the winter she switches them out for her favorite bulky black snow boots. Rui wears no jewelry save for a locket her sister gave her when they were young.

Weaponry & Other Gear:

Item Name: Leather Flask
Materials: Leather (and a cork to seal the top
Description: A leather flask given to Rui by her father. It was originally given to him by Rui's mother. It has his and Rui's initials carved at the base of the pouch. It holds water in it that Rui uses to bend/heal with.

History:

(324/320)

Rui was born in the outskirts of main city of the Southern Water Tribe to waterbender Kazuki and nonbender Misa Ching. She is the eldest of Yui and Mei Ching, and acted as a second mother figure to her sisters. Despite both parents working and carrying out odd jobs around the village they resided in, the family found that it was often difficult to make ends meet. They unanimously decided that it was time to relocate to the inner city when Rui was eight. Both parents were able to find stable jobs, and Rui was able to have a semi-normal childhood along with her two sisters.

When Rui and her sisters reached their early teens, tragedy struck the small town family. Their mother was killed in an unfortunate accident. This led to the eventual realization that her father had wished for three hefty boys instead of his daughters. Their father forced the three sisters to endure taxing waterbending sessions; he was keen on making up for what he had lost. Though he only meant well, Rui’s younger siblings grew to dislike their bending; they often found excuses to avoid using it. Despite this, Rui decided to grin and bear it, knowing her father only wanted the best for his three girls.

In order to escape her oppressive father, Rui decided at the ripe age of seventeen to try to make it on her own. She moved into a small house, and currently lives alone save for her younger sisters who come to visit once in a while. Rui learned in one short year how lonely things were, due to the fact that she had never had any close friends.  As an average waterbender, Rui is unsure what career path she wants to take, but she hopes to find a job that she will be able to incorporate her bending. She currently works for minimum wage as a hostess at a quaint mom-and-pa restaurant.

RP Sample:

(436/210)

Left!

Right!

Aaaaand...

"DUCK!" screamed Rui Ching, as her youngest sister Mei bended a miscalculated jet of water of her father Kazuki Ching's head. "Hey watch it little girl! You need to learn how to control your bending. How many times have I told you that you need to--"

"I know, I know," sighed an exasperated Mei, "Feel the water." She said in a mocking tone. Rui knew that her eleven year old sister had heard the same speech about a million times.

It was a usual Thursday afternoon in the Ching household. Thursday was their father's only day off, and that meant Bending Day (or, if you were one of the three girls, Hell). It would go as followed: The three girls would wake up at no later then six o'clock, and would rush to get dressed before their father woke up at six thirty. "The early bird catches the worm~!" Their father would often chant as he watched his daughters scrambling around like headless chickens. They would then have a small but healthy breakfast, and begin their all-day waterbending session.

"Da-ad," whined middle child Yui, "can't we cut it short for the day? My wrists are killing me, and I'm scared Mei is going to chop my head off!"

"Now you may certainly not! You all need as much practice as you can. You all don't realize the potential you have. Why can't you lot toughen up? Now if your mother was still alive..."

Rui, the eldest of the Ching sisters, began to tune her father out as began one of his infamous lectures about how they should realize how 'privileged' they are to have the ability to waterbend. She felt bad instantly, knowing her father only meant well for his three daughters. Not too long ago their mother had passed away in an unfortunate accident. Ever since then their father was keen on turning his three daughters into legendary benders, which proved tougher than he expected. Before their mother had passed away, Rui often heard him complaining to her about how he often wished for boys instead of his three delicate girls. Rui knew her father loved her and her sisters, but it never failed to break her heart just a little.

"Alright ladies! Line up next to your buckets and let's practice streaming the water." Kazuki chanted this in between several claps. Rui smiled, and the three girls assumed their positions next to their assigned buckets. Despite her two sisters' complaining, she knew that their father was only doing what was best for his girls.

--I just wanted to let someone know that this bio, aside from a few details, is posted (by me) on another site. If this causes any complications, feel free to let me know and I'll just do another bio. Thanks.--

Last edited by Rui on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

EXP : 505

Character Description
Nation:

Rui Ching  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rui Ching    Rui Ching  EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:02 pm

A lovely app, however there is one problem. You seem to have forgotten to add in a sample RP. So add that in and you'll be good. Although this is assuming you're new to the site, if not just let me know who you are.
Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

Rui Ching  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rui Ching    Rui Ching  EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:12 pm

'Tis edited. :3
Back to top Go down
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

EXP : 505

Character Description
Nation:

Rui Ching  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rui Ching    Rui Ching  EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Approved. You just need one more approval and you're golden. In the meantime, feel free to take a look around the chatbox. (I'm lonely)
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar

Rui Ching  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rui Ching    Rui Ching  EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:44 pm

not a bad profile if I say so myself.
Unlike TARP though, we generally encourage people to find or post images of their characters (although it is not required). Just a thought.
incidentally, I was/am a member there, although I never really liked the admins there. Not to say that they were mean or strict or anything... they just always rubbed me the wrong way.

anyhoo... you are approved.
Rui Ching  Soa
Back to top Go down
Rui
Rui

Character Description

Rui Ching  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rui Ching    Rui Ching  EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:03 pm

Thank you very much! I was planning on commissioning a friend to draw up Rui.

And yeah, TARP seems pretty inactive. Had my bio up for about three/four days now, and I haven't gotten any word back. ;-;

Very excited to be able to RP again, though. Thanks again. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rui Ching  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rui Ching    Rui Ching  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rui Ching
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Creation :: Characters :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: