The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Adin Ventio

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adin
Adin

EXP : 280
Birthday : 1993-12-10

Adin Ventio Empty
PostSubject: Adin Ventio   Adin Ventio EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:23 am

Adin
Ventio

Full Name:Adin Ventio
Element: Earth
Birthplace: Ba Sing Se
Position: Inventor
Training:
Earth Bending (Abysmal)
Metal Bending (Expert)
Hand-To-Hand (Intermediate)
Blades (Intermediate)

Personality: (173)
If Adin had been born a cat he would've been dead a long time ago as a child his curiosity knew no bounds. But his curiosity is only shadowed by his imagination. These two aspects allowed him to think far outside the box when it came to his masterful inventions. Outgoing and eccentric Adin has no problems approaching people, especially when it comes to his technological advancements. After the murder of his uncle by a fire nation spy Adin understandably had a deep dislike for people from the fire nation, especially fire benders. Adin is tenacious as all hell, he wont give up on something till the job is done, he's unconscious, or dead. When it comes to getting what he wants, Adin has no problem using his silver tongue as his skills of manipulation are suburb. He aspires for greatness more than anything and looks to stake his name in history, one way or another. He dreams for a revolutionary future, one that very well may shake the world to it's core.

Abilities: (368)
Adin was born an earth bender but his talents in moving the unrefined earth were definitely lacking. Even the most simple of earth bending techniques failed miserably him, occasionally resulting in his own injury. In his early years he found himself more invested in learning about the wonders of metal rather than that of the unrefined earth that taunted him so much whenever he tried to manipulate it to his needs. Even from a young age at which he had not yet unlocked the ability of metal bending, Adin still grasped the intellectual capacity to design inventions that help him make his mark upon the world. He planned for his inventions to be those that would  further humanity, though most ended up as tools for destruction instead. It wasn't until was much older that he would practice bending the metals his uncle kept in his workshop until he had perfected the art furthering his technological exploits.  When it comes to combat Adin prefers to lock down his opponent focusing on either locking down their limbs with his bending and hand to hand combat, or disabling them permanently with his skill with the blade.

Earth Bending: Adin is completely lacking when it comes to actual earthbending, and any attempt at doing so usually ends in cataclysmic failure. The only thing he seems at excelling at is crumbling rocks into sand.
Metal Bending: Adin's skill with refined metals is superb, his attention to detail with the metal he works with is fantastic and he is able to move metals as though they were an extension of his own body. He keeps two iron balls in his side pouch for defensive and offensive combat.
Hand-To-Hand: Adin prefers grapples and submissions as opposed to charging at his opponents arms flailing. Utilizing body locks he forces his opponents to surrender, less they have their limbs permanently disabled.
Blades: Being the apprentice of a blacksmith taught Adin the ins and outs of any blade, he would practice with the weapons he and his uncle made and over the years his skills increased, he had learned to properly utilize a blade almost to its full potential. Though his training was left incomplete when his uncle died to a fire nation spy.

Appearance:(162)
Spoiler:
Height: 5"11
Weight: 175 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Skin: Caucasain

Always dressed to impress Adin keeps his attire to a classy state. Wearing green suits and vests in the style of his homeland. When in the company of possible investors or partners. He keeps his hair at a short length while lifted in the front slightly. Occasionaly he wears reading spectacles but only during a presentation of his equipment. During the colder parts of the year Adin sports a large leather jacket adorned with fur along the neck almost similar to the winter coats of the water tribes. He usually has one hand in his earth shaker glove as it keeps himself defended as well as looking stylish. The only marks on his body are burns on the lower part of his arms between elbow and wrist from when he was a child. He usually dons a case containing a violin which he carries on his back as well as a travel bag carrying the necessities for travel outside of his homeland.

Weaponry & Other Gear: (271)

Red = Weapon
Green = Armor and Equipment

Sionus Genere
Spoiler:

Materials: Tempered steel, Oak sheath
Description: This double bladed jian sword was forged by Adin's uncle. The blade's hilt is silver bound with black and red leather. The sheath is made of Oak wood, its sturdiness making the hilt just as dangerous a blunt weapon as the blade itself.

Inventions in progress:
Earth Shaker
Materials:
Spoiler:
Description:
Adin's first invention was a mechanical glove he had originally intended to assist people through pressurized impacts on their back in a striking massage, as a massager the equipment was a total failure, the practice stone table his uncle had set up for his invention as he lacked the earth bending skills needed to do so was in no way relaxed. However as a tool of destruction the invention was a drastic success as the table was reduced to rubble and Adin ended up with a broken hand. These gloves cause pressurized pulses to break apart even the toughest of rocks, even crumble other metals if the pressure is set high enough. Unfortunately the glove is still imperfect as the impact it creates causes a large amount of  damage to the user. The intense force still lacks the proper amount of protection for the user for it to be used constantly in a combat situation without ended up with several broken bones.

Thunder Armor
Materials:
Spoiler:
Description:
For the longest time Adin has been working on a suit of armor that would give earth benders a major advantage over the other benders of the world, mainly fire benders. He began work years ago after the death of his uncle from a fire nation spy. The armor was made so that it would feed an electric charge from a chamber on the back of the suit into a rod which would then be released from the tip, mimicking how a fire bender shoots lightning from their fingertips. The inside of the metal suit is padded with insulation material in order to protect the wearer from any form of electrocution, while the outside is covered in panels that are receivers for electrical inputs that would further charge the suit.. Unfortunately the devices requires quite a bit of power, and Adin has not yet found a suitable power source capable of powering the suit for extended durations.

History: (1021)

Born in the massive city of Ba Sing Se Adin's childhood was full of adventure and excitement. He would spend his days travelling throughout the great city exploring every nook and cranny and getting to know the locals. He "discovered" earthbending at a young age as well, learning that there was much room for improvement. Even the simplest of earth bending movements ended in failure, trying to lift a rock into the air ended in it wiggling a small bit, then breaking apart. Perhaps Adin just was never meant to be an earthbender, or perhaps his destiny lay in something far more refined. Spending a majority of his time in the the city's ironworks Adin became entranced with the workings of the machinery, he dreamed of how he could transform this metal, to mould it to his design. Adin would spend much of his time at factories all over Ba Sing Se, afternoons turned to days, days into weeks, and weeks into months as Adin found himself spending almost all of his time away from home in the company of the iron machines instead.

Thus Adin walked the path of becoming a an inventor. With his parents slightly supporting his hobby as it was academic in nature, Adin's scholarly education was able to progress greatly until the age of 13. He had been working on a revolutionary power source that would definitely catch the eyes of his mentors and give his family the funds to live comfortably for the rest of their lives. Fate however had a different path in mind for his family. As  Adin was testing the power source in the workshop he had built with his father next to their house, everything seemed like it was going according to plan. Then containment safeguards that Adin had built around his power source began to overheat, sparks flew through the air as the power source went into meltdown. Adin barely had enough time to run from his workshop before it was blown apart from within. The blast sent him flying through the air, when he hit the ground he was knocked unconscious immediately. That was the last experiment his parents allowed him to do in the city, despite his pleas for another chance having experiments as dangerous as his power source in the main city was far too risky. Since Adin was dedicated to his task his parents instead decided that they would send him to live with his uncle for a few years in the outer rim of Ba Sing Se. The amount of open space would provide him the area he needed to save himself from causing any collateral damage with his experiments, plus Adin's uncle could teach him a thing or two about being more cautious.

Reluctant at first to leave his family Adin eventually agreed when he pondered what he could create with the larger amount of space. Adin's uncle was a blacksmith by trade, unable to bend any of the elements he instead forged weapons by the sweat of his brow and the will of his mind. Over the course of the years they spent together Adin built a strong relationship with his uncle, he had taught him how to forge a blade, and how to use it properly too. It was while forging a blade one day that Adin finally found his talent, while the blade was still red from the heat Adin extended his arm in a flowing motion, slowly the metal began stretching longer and longer, smoother and smoother. That was the day Adin found his talent, in metal bending. While his uncle would forge weapons in his smithy for the Earth Queen's army, Adin was given the leftover scrap metal to do with as he pleased.

Late one night Adin's uncle had a visitor, the man had stated he was an agent sent from the Earth Queen, they had been watching Adin from afar, taking notes upon the inventions he had created, they believed that he could be a major asset to the kingdom. Adin's uncle led the man to his workshop, but Adin was nowhere to be found...that's when things turned ugly, the man began threatening Adin's uncle saying that he would burn his entire house to the ground with a flick of the man's arm he  blasted a jet of flame from his hand revealing that the man was in fact, a fire bender. Adin had had been watching this scene unfold from the rafters and was excited to see his uncle in action. The fire bender and Adin's uncle duelled for what seemed like the entire night, but there could only be one victor that night, while he was able to cause the fire bender several wounds from his blade Adin's uncle was aged and easily tired while the fire bender was still quite young and limber. In what seemed like it would have been the final move of their duel Adin's uncle moved in to remove the invader from his home, but in a quick flash a smaller blade found itself in his chest...and Adin's uncle fell to the cold hard ground. Adin snapped, the last few years of his life torn apart at the seams in the blink of an eye. He leaped down from the rafters the first invention he had ever made on his hand ready to go. He told the man that he would go with him, and offered his hand to be shaken. As the fire nation spy shook Adin's hand the sound of bones shattering echoed through the workshop, blood spurted from around the gloves fingers and as he removed his hand from the fire benders, the crushed remains of the man's hand came to light. As the Fire nation man screamed Adin moved in faster and grabbed the man's bicep, once again the room echoed with the sound of bones shattering from within the man's arm. Lying on the ground writing in pain the man looked up at his executioner. For what he had taken from Adin, not just the man... but the entire Fire nation, would know his wrath.

Character Box: (423)

Adin Ventio

Adin looked down at the man writing at his feet, the man had taken something irreplaceable from him, his hands shaking in fury. "You killed a great man today, a man who raised me, taught me his trade, a better man than you.." Adin rubbed his shoulder with his left arm and closed his eyes, the Fire nation was willing to sink to such lows just to gain the upper hand over other countries, it was despicable. Adin kneeled down to the man, lifting his uncle's sword in hand he pointed it directly at the man's gut, "Mercy is the mark of a great man, my uncle taught me that" Adin quickly stabbed the man in the stomach and retracted the blade, "I guess I'm'm just a good man". Adin looked up at the rafters where he had been hiding and stabbed the man a second time "well, I'm all right". The man gasped in pain as his blood began seeping onto the floor, "You...you bastard, you think this will stop us? You think that if I go back to the Fire nation with a few broken bones and cuts that we'll turn tail and run? We'll keep coming for you, and one way or another we'll have you work for us." The man started coughing up blood as his injuries continued to bleed.  Adin turned around and brought his hand to his chin, "you're right, in order for your people to get the point I had better leave them a message" he turned back to the man and looked him dead in the eyes. "what you're going to..to do? give me a message to take back?" Adin shook his head and laughed, "no, I'm not going to give you a message...you will be the message" Adin placed his gloved hand upon the chest of the man and grinned slightly. The man began breathing heavily as he could do nothing to stop Adin, this man would be the last sight he saw in his lifetime. As the man starting screaming Adin raised his arm and brought his hand down upon the man's chest, his screamed stopped immediately as his chest exploded at the sides splattering the dirt with blood, guts, and bone fragments. Adin rose from the man's corpse shaking, his pants soaked with the blood of his enemy. He continued shaking as he removed the iron gauntlet from his hand, blood dripped from the fingers of his mangled hand his pain masked by the adrenaline from his first kill. The device still wasn't ready for multiple uses, he needed perfection if he was going to have true revenge. "This is just the beginning uncle, i'm so sorry for what happened, but I wont let your death be in vain...the Fire Nation will pay for what they've done to me, i'm just getting started.

Mood: Enraged
Condition: Healthy

Last edited by Adin on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

EXP : 4905

Character Description
Position: Ex-Spymaster
Nation: Fire Nation

Adin Ventio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adin Ventio   Adin Ventio EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 11:05 am

I'm not going to lie, this seems like it would suit a LoK forum much better than ours, which is rooted in the original series. Your character is fine, but his weaponry and armor is far ahead of it's time. At the moment, the FN's ships are probably the most advanced tech out there, and we predominantly use melee weapons, so i'm sure you can imagine that your character's gear would seem a little out of place.

As such, i'm going to have to ask you edit that part out or change it completely. Have a look around some other characters and threads to see what sort of level we're on here, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Adin
Adin

EXP : 280
Birthday : 1993-12-10

Adin Ventio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adin Ventio   Adin Ventio EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 3:47 am

Well the armour itself I had planned to currently be unusable as he had no way of powering the suit and it's not finished yet (Right now it'd be just as useless against anyone as a normal suit of armor would be). I was going to get my character to slowly develop it to a working state through role play but If it is too much I'm completely willing to remove it. I would however like to be able to keep using the glove as I feel that it makes up for his abysmal skill with natural earth bending. While the forum isn't quite at the same technological level as LoK, I think that the glove would be in the same class as the gloves that the separatists use but replacing electricity with mini-quakes. I know i'd have to change quite a bit if I wasn't able to use the equipment but I'd like this character to be able to work for this site. Thanks for any feedback and i'll do what I can to make a fun, balanced character.

Current edits to app:

- Altered Glove to have serious reprecussions after use
- Altered RP sample to match the new information
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

Adin Ventio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adin Ventio   Adin Ventio EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:13 pm

I think those changes look fair enough to me. I'll go ahead and give you an approval.
[PS get on the chat because I'm bored. xD]

Adin Ventio Soa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adin Ventio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adin Ventio   Adin Ventio Empty

Back to top Go down

Adin Ventio
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Creation :: Characters :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: