The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Saya Onishi

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saya
Saya

EXP : 105

Character Description
Nation:

Saya Onishi Empty
PostSubject: Saya Onishi   Saya Onishi EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 12:39 am

(I'm posting from mobile since I'm without a laptop for the time being, so this may format wrong when I copy and paste it)

Full Name: Saya Onishi
Element: Fire
Birthplace: Fire Nation Capital
Position: Servant
Training: (List bending/weapon tier(s) here) Fire Bending (Intermediate) Hand to Hand Combat (Beginner)

Personality: (140)

In conversation with her equals, Saya is very cool and calculated, but graceful and courteous around her superiors. Saya is also extremely ambitious, wanting more for herself than what her current lifestyle and her family could provide. She is extremely loyal to the people that treat her well. Her intelligence is more book smart than actual common sense.

One of her glaring flaws however, despite her intelligence, is that she's easily manipulated. If people play into her emotions or bring up her past, she'd be putty in their hands. Another flaw would be her very caustic and cynical attitude that shows its face every once in a while.

She isn't very combative and will rely more on her wits than on her fighting skills since she only has very basic hand to hand skills. Not that she gets in many fights anyway in her current position.

Abilities: (140)

Her skill set is more suited to being a diplomat or a spy than a warrior.

-Persuasion: Saya learned how to coerce people into doing whatever she wanted at a young age in order to survive in a hostile environment.
-Intelligence: Due to her easy access to the palace library, Saya has an indepth knowledge of a wide variety of subjects. She also has intimate knowledge of complex military strategy from listening on war council meetings in her off time.
-Fire Bending: She is a fairly decent fire bender, trained by the guards in the palace that took her under their wing when she first arrived. She doesn't have any specialized fire bending skills.
-Hand to Hand Combat: She is also picking up Hand to Hand combat pretty quickly, not a prodigy, but not bad for a beginner. She prefers it to using weapons.

Appearance:
Height: 5'6
Weight: 120 lbs
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair

(140) Saya is a little bit shorter then average with a lean physique that came with having to do manual labor for the past five years. Her eyes are a bright shade of amber and her skin is light and relatively unmarked. The only scars she has are a burn mark on her right thumb from a stove accident and a faint scar on her chin from tripping and falling as a child. Her wild black hair is her pride and joy, which she wears down her back and pulls up into a bun only when she is forced to. She wears traditional Fire Nation dresses while she is working, trading it out for a burgundy tunic and pants on her off days. Saya also wears a bracelet with the symbol of the Onishi family on it, a reminder of what she left behind and what she can never allow herself to become.

Weaponry & Other Gear: (Omit this field if no such items) N/A

Item Name (Copy-paste as many times as needed)
Materials: N/A
Description: N/A

History: (320)

Saya Onishi is the sixth child of a family that was once nobility and has since fallen from grace. In the aftermath of the 100 Year War, the Onishi family was evicted from the Fire Nation colony they ruled over and were sent back to the Capital where they fell into obscurity. Her father began to drink away his despair and her mother became more and more absent from their family life. Saya was a surprise, which made her little more than illegitimate considering her parents' marriage had fallen apart and her mother had begun to openly see other people. Her parentage is still unknown to this day. Her childhood was filled with neglect and abuse, mostly mental. Her mother never had time for her while taking care of five other children and her father was too much of a drunk to care about anything at all. After 12 years of living in a broken home, Saya left suddenly one day to work as a servant in the Royal Palace, seeing a life of servitude as a step up from the squalor she had been living in. She was taken in and taught proper manners and etiquette since her parents had never found the time or effort to do it themselves. Along with the skills more suited to her job, the guards at the palace took a liking to Saya, seeing her as a little sister of sorts. In their off time, they taught her everything she knows about fire bending and just recently began to teach her hand to hand combat. She was a quick learner and a natural at firebending. Saya also spent a sizable amount of time listening in on war councils, fascinated and intrigued by the mere concept of war. As time went on, she became a graceful and ambitious young woman. She is beginning to look for new horizons and new ways to improve herself.

**OPTIONAL**
Sample RP:*Optional only for members who have done a sample RP with an intermidiate-tier character before* (210 words minimum, must be from character's point of view--3rd person and 1st person acceptable)

"Son of a..." Saya murmured as she sat in the middle of the floor. She threw the dress she was mending across the room in frustration. She stood with a sigh and sent a small burst of fire towards the fireplace to relight the flame that was dimming. Knowing it had to get done, Saya picked up the piece of clothing and sat back down. Sewing up this tear had been nigh impossible so far and it had to be finished within the next few hours. Just as she began to get the hang of it, she heard a knock at the door. Saya groaned and set it down. "Who is it?"

A guard opened the door and walked in to let her know that the noble she was mending the silk dress for needed it within the next twenty minutes. She bit the inside of her cheek as he closed the door to leave her to her work. This was the breaking point. She was getting sick and tired of being treated like a lesser being whose only purpose was to serve them. She knew she was better than that and Saya promised to herself in that moment that she would stop at nothing to get the recognition she deserved.

Character Box:
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

Saya Onishi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saya Onishi   Saya Onishi EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:35 am

hm. a few things are kind of borderline here, but let it not be said that I am not a benevolent ruler. I'm curious as to how someone is manipulative but easily manipulated, but maybe there's more I don't know.

anyhoo, welcome to the land of APPROVAL
Saya Onishi Soa
Back to top Go down
Saya
Saya

EXP : 105

Character Description
Nation:

Saya Onishi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saya Onishi   Saya Onishi EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:21 pm

To be fair, I did write all of this at about midnight in the span of about an hour while I was already delirious. I can edit though now that I'm actually able to think coherently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saya Onishi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saya Onishi   Saya Onishi Empty

Back to top Go down

Saya Onishi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Creation :: Characters :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: