The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Expensive Murder

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyrad
Cyrad

EXP : 3355
Birthday : 1993-08-12

Character Description
Position: Smith, Merc, Wanderer
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 6:44 am

Cyrad had only come to the Fire Nation half a dozen times in his lifetime, though he was a bodyguard and occasionally a mercenary he had enough money and renown, at least around the Earth Kingdom so as to not need to travel so far for work but the pay for this job was just too much for him to ignore.  On top of that Cyrad could use more experience fighting skilled firebenders and being this deep in Fire Nation territory he expected to run into a few.  

Cyrad got this job in an odd mannor, he was on the western coast of the Earth Kingdom wandering and taking a break from lessons when he overheard a drunk and distraught man talking about how his niece and her husband had been attacked by bandits and robbed.  This man looked well off, with both the appearance and aura (though diminished by alcohol) of a wealthy man, so Cyrad walked over.  He wasn't the type of man to take advantage but he thought his services could be of use.  Cyrad told the man that he was soldier for hire and asked if he could provide assistance.  The drunken man avoided the question first retelling the story about how first heard of the bandits and how they were harassing the town of Shu Jing.  He didn't think anything of it expecting Fire Nation officials to take care of it but then his family was assaulted and robbed so he took things into his own hands.  He told Cyrad how he hired a firebender to take care of the job but due to delays he wouldn't be able to do the job for a couple of weeks.  Cyrad wasn't sure what to make of the conversation, it seemed like the job was already being taken care of and anyway it was out of his preferred working range but the man continued on to ask if Cyrad would go an support the man he had hired.  Hesitant Cyrad asked how much the man would pay and the answer was so astounding Cyrad almost let his rock arm fall from him shoulder, on top of that the man who was returing to the Fire Nation the next day would pay for Cyrad's entire travel cost.  So the  two of them left the next day.

This is what lead Cyrad to sitting in a bar in Shu Jing, he had been here for three days now, waiting for his partner to show up.  He didn't know much about him other than him being a firebender of skill.  The man said he would inform the  firebender so Cyrad could only sit and wait, and drink.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:07 am

Kei

A few weeks ago, a man had offered a job to Kei. He didn’t really remember all of the details but he remembered it involved dealing with bandits who were harassing the city of Shu Jing. Kei promised he would deal with it eventually though never got around to it as it was the hottest time of the year and the walk from his apartment in the Fire Nation Capital to Shu Jing.  He wanted it the temperature to cool down first.

The man approached Kei and he must have assumed that Kei was having trouble or something because the man had hired another man to assist Kei. Thankfully, the man hadn’t lowered the reward for completion of the job yet, but Kei feared he would soon. The man told Kei to meet the Earth bender who was to assist him in a bar in Shu Jing. Kei decided he better set out immediately to Shu Jing before he lost his job and left the following day.

It took Kei a few days longer then it should have to reach Shu Jing because he read the map incorrectly on his way there. Kei did eventually reached the village, and arrived at the bar he was supposed to meet the Earth Bender. Upon walking in, Kei saw two men that could have been the Earth Bender he was supposed to meet.

Not wanting to make a big scene Kei sat down next to one of the men (According to his horoscope, today was his lucky day). This man was a large burly man and clearly was an Earth Bender.
Kei patted the man on the back and whispered, “Cyrad, my name is Kei and I believe we have a mutual alliance over a specific job.”
“What?” The man replied annoyed and confused, “Who the hell is Cyrad and who the Hell are you?”
Kei had realized he had made a mistake and tried to cover it as a joke, “Haha, this was all a terrible joke, my bad, but I will next get you next time old buddy!” Kei then proceeded to walk out the bar away from the confused man.

It wasn’t this time until a few minutes later that Kei walked back into the bar, pretending the scene from a few minutes later didn’t happen. Kei sat down next to the other man he suspected of being an Earth Bender. Kei noticed that this time around that the man had a arm that appeared to be made of earth.
Kei whispered to him, “Cyrad, my name is Kei and I believe we have a mutual alliance over a specific job.”

Mood: Confident
Condition: Alive

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Cyrad was a patient man though that didn't stop him from watching everyone who came in and out of the bar, so when a man came in and spoke to another for a couple seconds before quickly exiting he deflated slightly. Until the man entered again a few minuets later this time approaching Cyrad and sitting down next to him.

“Cyrad, my name is Kei and I believe we have a mutual alliance over a specific job.”

Cyrad was overjoyed that his partner had finally arrived yet kept his stoic face on. "Yes I believe we do, it's a pleasure to meet you Kei." Cyrad extended his stone hand to shake. "I've been here for a couple of days myself so I have been gathering information on the bandits from the locals. From what I've heard they seem to be a group of 8 with two benders from each element. People say that one of the benders is always significantly older than the other so I'm assuming they are groups of masters and students. I haven't been able to get a lead on their location other than that they are based on the other side of the waterfall, I didn't want to risk searching for it and being outnumbered eight to one, eight to two is bad enough as it is."

Cyrad looked over his new accomplice as the man took in the information. He wore a long trench coat that hid several weapons, only a few Cyrad could see but he guessed there were many more he couldn't, neither could Cyrad see the man's back as Kei was facing him so Cyrad couldn't guess if the lack of a sword on the man's waist meant he was small weapons only. Cyrad was confidant that the man had been in enough fights that Cyrad wouldn't need to ask his skill level and risk offending him. As for Cyrad he had his sword strapped to his waist as well as his hammer tucked into his belt, he didn't wear any armor over his usual sleeveless shirt and pair of pants but when the going got tough he planned on bending a light layer of stone over certain parts.

It was just past noon at Cyrad's best guess so he believed that they had plenty of time so he spoke again. "Well we have plenty of sunlight left would you be willing to scout the other side of the waterfall with me? Maybe we can find some clues to the bandit's base of operations or you could rest a bit, I don't know how far you've traveled, and we can see what else we can get for information in town."
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Kei

Kei shook Cyrad’s hand as he informed him of the situation with the bandits. Honestly, dealing with 8 benders might be a bit tough. Kei had left his main weapon, a massive Two-Handed sword at home because he didn’t want to carry it the whole way, but he began regretting it when Cyrad told him of the bandits.  Kei hoped Cyrad was just as tough as he looked, because Kei didn’t want to go all out in this upcoming fight.

(Although Kei was lacking his Two Handed sword, he still carried his daggers, flash-bangs, shurikens, and wires.)

Kei was indeed tired, but he didn’t want to tell that to Cyrad. It might make him look even worse with him being late already and it could possibly affect his pay. He came up with a solution to get some rest before doing anything.
“I suggest we wait for night and use the cover of darkness when scouting out the bandits,” Kei told Cyrad, “It might be better if we lessen the chance of the bandits knowing we are after them giving us the element of surprise.”

Mood: Weary
Condition: Travel Worn

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:43 am

"Thats not a bad idea at all," Cyrad said "I rented a room upstairs for the week why don't you go up there and rest up for tonight, I'm sure your journey was harrowing and I want you at your best when we go out.  I'll see what else these people can tell me about the bandits."  Cyrad left his bag upstairs but wasn't fearful of Kei stealing from him, mostly because his pack bath carried anything aside from a change of clothes and camp supplies.  The only thing worth taking was his small sack of coins which contained a fourth of the money he brought with him.  He had three other purses one in each boot and another at his waist.

As Kei caught up on rest Cyrad went to walk through town to see if he could find anyone he hadn't already spoken to.  The town was nothing special and he could see that there were few people here who had significant wealth, he wondered if the man who hired him didn't have family here if they would have been able to hire anyone to take care of the problem.  He talked to a few people, none of whom had any new information, fed some stray cats, fed himself and examined the town the last part made him semi confident that the place had been the scene of several conflicts.

Finally hours later as the sun started to creep toward the horizon Cyrad returned to the inn he was staying at.  He sat at the bar and didn't have to wait long before Kei came down and sat next to him.

"Do you wanna talk strategy now or would you rather save that for the road, also is this a kill or scare off mission?"  Cyrad asked.

(Occ:trying a new way of posting with my itouch tell me if the post sucks, I promise I won't get upset)
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Kei

When Cyrad had told Kei that he had already gone ahead and rented a room for the week, Kei had immediately began to like the man already. On top of that, while he had offered to let Kei rest after his travels, Cyrad had still gone out and did research regarding their mission.

Kei happily took Cyrad’s offer and slept for a few hours. While in the room, Kei had noticed that Cyrad’s belongings were left out in the open and Cyrad hadn’t bothered hiding it. Kei liked having money, but he wasn’t a thief and didn’t touch it. A simple act such as trusting a stranger to not steal your valuables left out in the open says a lot about a man. From just that single thing, Kei immediately knew that Cyrad was an honest man, and wouldn’t easily lie or deceive a person. Kei smiled, he was really glad to be partnered with a man such as Cyrad, honest men were not easy to come by.

A few hours later, Kei had headed down to the bar and sat next to Cyrad.
“Do you wanna talk strategy now or would you rather save that for the road, also is this a kill or scare off mission?" Cyrad asked Kei.

Kei responded, “We can wait until the time comes before we attack to plan the strategy, it would save us the trouble of making one here and having to change it again due to unforeseen circumstances.”
Kei was a more of a ‘Deal with the problem when it is a problem’ kind of guy. A lot of people look down on this attitude, so Kei didn’t tell this to Cyrad

“Also I hope you don’t mind,” Kei continued, “but I’m not much of a killer, so scaring these bandits away would be enough for me.”

[OOC: No worries, your posting is fine, haha. If you didn't mentioned that you were using your Itouch, I would have never guessed.]

Mood: Ready
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:47 am

"I suppose we should get going then." Cyrad said as he stood up and made his way to the door.  "Sadly I didn't get any more information while you were sleeping, either they don't know anything else or the people who haven't talked are too scared to.  And I can't really blame them few people in this town seem like fighters."  Cyrad walked to the edge of town the. Onward to the edge of the gap above the waterfall/river.  "Catch yourself."  He said to Kei before thrusting  his hands into the air and summoned a great tower of earth beneath them, the speed it rose with threw the duo into the air and over the ravine.  Cyrad bended a second tower on the other side for him to collide with and as he met it Cyrad punched it and turned the upper layers to sand cushioning his landing though he wasn't too skilled at sand ending so he still collided with a layer of earth and tumbled to the ground.  He hoped that Kei had used his firebending to land more graciously.

Now that they were on the other side of the river Cyrad entered stealth mode, which he would admit was not one of his keenest skills.  Yet still he tried, moving in a crouch and letting his feet make as little noise as the earthbender could Cyrad started to advance.  There was a hill in front of them and bush to cover their accent, as Cyrad climbed he got close to Kei and asked him.

"So what's our approach, is it just run in and bend them into submission or do you wanna try to sneakily take out one or two first, I'll be no help in the latter."  He waited for a response before posing his se lune question.  "So what type of fighter are you close, ranged, support.  I personally like to use bending to assail from afar and weaken their defenses and stamina before getting in close and ending the fight with my sword, now as you asked earlier I will do my best to keep from killing them but if it becomes a life or death situation I won't still my blade."  Cyrad was not without mercy but not above rightful justice.

As they reached the top of the hill Cyrad quieted himself, and when they crested it they found the bandit, or at least Cyrad assumed, camp below.  There were four or five tents surrounding a fire, Cyrad could see two shadows sitting by the fire and two more together in a patrol around the perimeter though there several points where they strayed close or farther from the camp.

"So I'll let you make the call do you want to try and take the two on the patrol while I rush the center and try to distract the others, if you do you need to take them out fast because there will be six benders who will end up fighting me or do we go in and ask them to leave, it's more honorable and gives them a chance but we'll lose our opportunity of surprise, or do you have a better plan.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:57 am

Kei

Admittedly, Kei didn’t like it when Cyrad had suddenly launched them over the river. Kei landed with a roll in order to break his fall and was a bit irked when he had gotten some mud on his trench coat.

As they neared the Bandit camp, Cyrad had asked Kei, “"So what's our approach, is it just run in and bend them into submission or do you wanna try to sneakily take out one or two first, I'll be no help in the latter."
Kei responded, “It would be best if we silently took out as many as we can before actually fighting seeing how we don’t know the skill level of these bandits. I don’t want to be overrun by bandits because we didn’t play it safe.”

Cyrad didn’t seem to object to Kei’s answer and asked what kind of fighter Kei was saying that he himself preferred to begin battles with long range attacks and then closing in with a sword after weakening his enemy’s defense.
“I personally more of a close ranged fighter” Kei had simply told Cyrad when he asked.

When the bandit camp came into  view, both Kei and Cyrad had plain sight of the bandit camp, they could see two of the bandits sitting at the campfire and another two patrolling around the camp. The positions of the last four bandits were unknown. Cyrad had told Kei that he could make the call in terms of strategy for taking out the Bandits.

Usually, Kei liked to ask his enemies to surrender before fighting them, but as both he and Cyrad were up against 8 other benders whose skill levels were unknown, Kei decided not to risk it and play it safe.
Kei began talking over the final strategy, “I will quickly take out the two just outside the camp who are on patrol. That would attract the attention of the other two in the camp toward my location. If you are located on the opposite side of the camp, then you would have an open shot at the two bandits in the camp who are paying attention to me. They would simply be sitting ducks if you take them out from long range with your Earth Bending.”

Kei paused for a bit to let Cyrad take in all of what he had just said then continued, “After taking out these first four bandits, the other four will no doubt realize that they are under attack. We don’t know where these other bandits are located, so it would probably be best to remain hidden in the tree line until we know where the other four bandits are located and then take them out from there.”

Kei began heading toward the two bandits who were on patrol just outside the camp when he turned his head toward Cyrad.
“Good Luck.” Kei told Cyrad with a nod, then continued silently making his way through the tree line.

Kei had snuck behind the two bandits who were on patrol. The two bandits were nearly standing shoulder to shoulder and were talking to each other. Kei could tell that the bandits were not expecting an attack due to how relaxed they were. As a result, it was too easy for Kei to stand behind the bandits putting each of his arms around the back of both bandits’ head. Kei covered each of the bandits face with his hand and had no doubt instantly scared them shitless.

Using his Lightning Affinity, Kei sent enough electricity from within his body into both of the bandits to knock them each unconscious. Both of the bandits gave an agonizing scream and fell to the ground. The bandits in the camp got up startled from the scream, and began carefully approaching Kei’s location.

Kei thought to himself as he waited for the bandits in the camp to be taken out by his partner, Cyrad better be in position.
Mood: Serious
Condition: Hidden and Healthy
Character Info Link:https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t1576-kei-heiwajima#16933

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Kei decided that the best course of action was for him to sneak up behind the two patrolling the camp and take them out while Cyrad got into position on the other side of camp and bombarded the two at the fire when Kei caught their attention.  

Just as Kei started to slink off into the darkness and shot a look over his shoulder and said to Cyrad "Good luck."

Seconds later he was claimed by the darkness.  Cyrad was still for a moment longer hyping himself up for the upcoming fight before making his way in the other direction.  He had a real hard time moving through the bush quietly but was able to get in position a few moments before Kei made his move.  He didn't hear what Kei had done but the men at the fire did, as they stood and turned Cyrad noticed one was older than the other and quickly concluded that they were master and student.  With their back turned Cyrad quickly launched four table sized boulders at them, the younger of the two was hit and thrown all the way out the other side of the camp but at the last second the older man lept dozens of feet into the air.  As he fell he yelled out a warning, loud as only a airbender could.  As soon as he landed he sent a punch in Cyrad's general direction and a huge gust of air was sent hurdling at the one armed earthbender.  Quickly Cyrad raised up a wall and watched as the forestry around him was uprooted and pushed back.  Cover blown Cyrad jumped over the wall and got into a stance, but the airbender wasn't where he had been moments before and was able to flank Cyrad with another powerful gust.  Tumbling shoulder over shoulder Cyrad regained footing by sinking his stone arm into the earth.  With several quick jabs Cyrad brought up columns of earth around the airbender, which he snaked his body around like a eel in the sea.  The airbender ended up in the center of the stone trunks so when Cyrad quickly interwove his fingers and caused the stone trunks to fall on him the airbender had no where to go, it wouldn't take him out of the fight but it would contain him for a short time.  Out from the tents two people had already emerged, from their garb they could have been firebenders or just using the clothing to blend in, inside the other tent there was rustling so Cyrad sent a couple rocks at the people still getting ready. Cyrad raised himself up on a podium then brought up three walls in front of him up to his ribs, he hoped Kei would join the fight soon as the airbender climbed out of the rubble and the two who had escaped their tent shot fire at Cyrad, he could also see movement in the tent he had collapsed.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Kei

Cyrad had begun his attack on the two bandits by the campfire. Kei had seen that one of the bandits was taken out immediately, but the second had used Air Bending to propel himself into the sky and had a short exchange with bending skills.

Cyrad had managed to get the Air Bender momentarily immobilized by pinning him under his earth bending, but two Fire Benders emerged from one of the tents and proceeded to attack Cyrad.

Kei tossed one of his Flash-Bangs at the feet of both of the Fire Benders and the Flash-Bang exploded into a bright  light with a sharp “Ping!”. Both of the Fire Benders were now momentarily stunned and Kei sprinted across the camp and had grabbed one of the Fire Benders by the back of his neck and immediately knocked him out with his Lightning Affinity. Before Kei could do the same to the second Fire Bender, a couple more bandits had emerged from a collapsed tent that Cyrad had destroyed with a boulder and one of them began using Earth Bending to send rocks flying at Kei.

The smaller rocks that hit Kei bounced off of his Trench Coat and Kei doedged the larger ones. Kei retreated back into the tree line and took cover behind a tree.

Condition: Under Fire
Character Info Link:https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t1576-kei-heiwajima#16933

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 3:09 pm

A bright light and a loud noise erupted into being at the feet of the firebenders, giving Cyrad one of those floating black spots in his vision. Before he could tell what was going on one of the firebenders was down and while Kei reached for the other one the earthbenders started to harass him with rocks. Cyrad kicked a few bits off his front wall at them but had to retreat from his podium when the firebender showed up in front of him with a flaming ax kick. As the bender landed Cyrad stomped the ground shaking it and making it uneven, that single moment of weakness allowed Cyrad to take the firebender out with a single heavy rocky punch. He lept over the unconscious bender back onto his podium and quickly fired a volley of rocks at the earthbenders who were now firing into the woods where Cyrad guessed Kei must have fled. None would hit their mark though for a cyclone sprang up tossing the rocks off the airbender and ruining the flight path of Cyrad's projectiles. Cyrad raised up a wall not in front of himself but in front of the woods Kei was hiding in, he made it quite long and about as tall as Kei himself, he hoped that his partner could use the cover to either ambush or gather himself. Making the wall though allowed a thrown boulder sped up by the airbender make direct contact with Cyrad. If he hadn't been trained by a master earthbender for months it may have taken him out of the fight but the blow only managed to throw him back off the podium and split his left eyebrow open. He was lost for a second in a daze but quickly rose to his feet, first thing he did was look up and lucky him the airbender was falling toward him again. Several quick stomps sent a number of stone pillars out to skewer his opponent but the airbender dodged like them as easily as a fly dodged the swatting hand. This time though he made sure to put distance from him and the raised earth. The airbender punched and kicked gusts of air at Cyrad but the earthbender just raised stone around his calves and had his earth boots keep him in place. Cyrad clapped his hands and two slabs of rock on either side of the airbender lifted up and slammed together, though he was able to escape when Cyrad pulled the center of the now combined slabs and did the move again it caught the airbenders legs and he fell to the ground. Cyrad raced past him to aid Kei but as he passed the crippled man he said.

"Get up and I'll bleed ya." As he ran forward into battle his eyebrow was really starting to bleed and obscure his vision.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Kei

The Earth Bender continued firing rocks in Kei’s direction even as he had hid behind the tree. The tree had began to collapse. Thankfully, Cyrad made a wall for Kei so that he could better take cover from the on coming of rocks the Earth Bender was sending away.

Kei remained behind cover for a brief moment then ran around  the outside of the camp, using the night and the tree line as cover. The Earth Bender saw him unfortunately and continued to fire rocks his way. The second one joined in as well.

Kei continued circling camp and saw that Cyrad had defeated the Air Bender. He hoped that Cyrad would provide Kei support soon, dodging the Earth Benders attacks were a pain, but they were focused on him and that may give Cyrad and opening for an attack.

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 6:33 am

Cyrad looked to see the two earthbenders shooting rocks off towards the edge of camp into the treeline, though in a different spot and still moving so he knew that Kei was still alright.  They hadn't noticed Cyrad had finished his fight yet so he knew he had the advantage.  He bended up a stone disc above his head and sent it at the two earthbenders, but his bloody eye threw off his aim and it sailed right by the two benders.  They looked at eachother then at Cyrad, he saw them quickly decide before sending the younger of the two after Cyrad while the older bender, Cyrad assumed the teacher continued to assail the circling Kei.  Cyrad rubbed one of his stone fingers across his eyebrow wound, bending dirt into the cut to slow the flow of blood over his eye.  He followed it up by trying to wipe away what already blurred his vision.  

The young bender, though he was probably less than a decade younger than Cyrad, raised half a dozen floating rocks and went through a series of strikes that sent them at Cyrad.  It was a classic exercise that a teacher would show one of their students, though it showed he knew how to bend proficiently the use of a basic training move in combat told Cyrad that he outclassed the other bender.  Two Cyrad sidestepped, three he punched into smithereens, and one caught him in the thigh leaving what Cyrad was sure to be a sizable bruise.  Cyrad attempted to fire a volly of his own but his attacks all ended up off course, he could take the kid out with a barrage of large rocks but he didn't want to exaust himself in case he needed to aid Kei with the earthbender teacher.  He reached for his sword but stopped himself, remembering that he told Kei that he would try and not kill anyone, so instead he pulled forth his hammer.  It was a standard smithing hammer so it lacked the range or leathality his sword had but in a pinch it would work.  Cyrad started to move forward and close the gap between him and the young earthbender, though it was not without resistance.  At first the earthbender was calm going through several stances and forms, each sending more projectiles at Cyrad.  But as Cyrad got closer and destroyed, dodged, or absorbed the attacks the young bender got more frantic, starting to throw everything he could.  Cyrad had to slow to a near stop smashing wildly with his hammer and stone fist and in the flurry he allowed a head size rock slip past his guard and collide with his ribs.  A bloom of pain accompanied a crack and Cyrad knew he had a broken rib.  He charged forward the remaining gap in a moment of adrenaline and dropped a heavy handed hammer on the benders shoulder breaking it, and when the boy fell to the ground Cyrad stepped on and broke his ankle for good measure.

Cyrad felt short of breath so he spit on the back of his hand to check for blood, there was none so he was pretty sure there wasn't any immediate problems with his insides.  He took a quick inventory of his wounds, the ones that stood out were his eyebrow which was still leaking enough to make fool of his aim, his leg which though he was sure wasn't fractured or anything he was noticing he was treding lightly on, and his rib which not only hurt quite a bit but was making breathing difficult.  He was happy they almost were done, in truth he had hopped that Kei had already finished off the last guy.

Occ: So if you wanna have a boss bandit come out just include him in your next post.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:13 am

Kei

When Cyrad took the attention of one of the Earth Benders after he had finished off the Air Bender, the other Earth Bender continued to fire rocks at Kei. Kei didn’t stop running around the camp and kept using the trees as his cover as he circled the camp. As Kei was rounding one of the trees however, Kei used his weighted wire from his belt and threw it so it wrapped around one of the top most branches on the tree. From there, Kei quickly propelled himself up the tree using the wires automatic retract system and using his feet to push himself up along the tree.

The Earth Bender didn’t expect that Kei would go up the tree and instead thought he was taking cover behind it. The Earth Bender launched a boulder at the bottom of the tree so that it would go straight through the trunk and destroy Kei who was supposedly hiding behind it. The Earth Bender wasn’t fast enough though and Kei had made it to the top of the tree and jumped high into the sky as the tree began to collapse after the trunk was obliterated from the boulder, his wire coming off the branch retracting fully back into the belt.

The Earth Bender thought his boulder had finished Kei off and turned to deal with Cyrad. Just as he was beginning to turn, the Earth Bender saw from the corner of his eyes that was actually Kei high above him and was quickly descending from directly overhead. The Earth Bender only had a second to react and launched a half-assed earth wall directly overhead to Kei.

It was too slow however as while Kei was falling toward the Earth Bender, he began to form the arm motions for lightning bending. Before the earth wall could hit him, Kei managed to send a bolt of lightning straight at the earth wall, destroying it sending rocks and debris everywhere as well as creating a massive dirt cloud between the Earth Bender and Kei.

The Earth Bender lost sight of Kei because of the dirt cloud and tried to move from out underneath the dirt cloud in order to avoid the massive blind spot it created. Before the Earth Bender could move, Kei came straight through the middle of the dirt cloud and grabbed the Earth Benders face with enough force to knock him straight to the ground. Kei then sent electricity into the Earth Bender in order to knock him unconscious.

Kei stood up and brushed off his clothes and hands, he was happy that the 8 bandits had been dealt with. As he began walking toward Cyrad, a wall of blue flames had come roaring through the camp engulfing everything in its way. Kei had no time to think and quickly dove behind the tree the Earth Bender from earlier had knocked over. Kei got up after the wall of blue flames and saw that everything in the camp was charred and burnt to crisps, including all of the bandits other than the ones that had been patrolling the outskirts of the camp.

“Hahahaha,” Laughed wicked voice that echoed through the forest, “I knew I shouldn’t have stayed with those other failures of Benders, they really were good for nothing!” The voice was no doubt referring to his ‘Allies’ he just killed.

Kei saw the outline of a man on the opposite side of the camp from him and Cyrad. Kei hoped Cyrad was alright and managed to avoid getting hit by the wall of blue flames, Kei had a feeling this new enemy would be extraordinarily difficult to defeat.

Mood: Worried
Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 9:26 pm

When Cyrad looked over to Kei he was dusting himself off while standing over a knocked out earthbender.  He started to walk over to Cyrad when Cyrad caught movement in the corner of his eye.  A huge wave of rolling blue flames came crawling across camp, Cyrad had little time to react so he bended a ramp in front of him and hugged it.  He felt the heat from the flames against his bald head as the fire roared above him.

A laughing voice echoed over a plain of scorched earth that once was the bandit camp, Cyrad knew that most of the bandits were sure to have perished.  The voice went on to insult them and insinuate that he was tougher by far, it was bad news for a wounded Cyrad but now the numbers favored him and Kei.  He looked over to find his comrade looking at the bender  who sent the large blue wave.  The bender was older than Cyrad perhaps in his late thirties or early forties, he wore no shirt exposing a torso marked with muscles and scars.  He had chin length black hair and a thin mustache with eyes that seemed to glow like embers in the night.

Cyrad started to make his way over to Kei to talk about how to approach but once he moved the firebender bandit leader went through a whirlwind of attacks sending several fireballs at Cyrad.  Cyrad quickly raised a wall to stop them but when the fire met the earth the force behind it shattered the wall and sent Cyrad to his back.  He rolled to his feet as his side screamed with pain, there would be no holding back with this guy so Cyrad made the decision to use his sword but first he would need to get close, so he started to bend earth at the bandit all the while approaching.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:39 am

Kei

Cyrad proceeded to send Earth attacks toward the Fire Bender, but the Fire Bender was countering with his own blue flames, destroying each rock that was sent flying toward him. Using the distraction Cyrad was providing, Kei popped out from cover behind the fallen tree and threw 4 Shurikens toward the Fire Bender.

The Fire Bender saw Kei’s attack and easily dodged by propelling himself high up into the sky with blue flames. As he was in the Air, the Fire Bender sent a single fast moving bolt of a blue flame straight toward Kei. Kei rolled to the side dodging the Flame itself, but the Flame had created a massive explosion and the shockwave sent Kei flying and he impacted against a nearby tree.

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Once Cyrad saw Kei hit the tree he immediately bended a stone dome around him, of course leaving the firebender a way out though. He went to bend spikes under where the attacking firebender would have landed but he had sped up his fall with a spout of fire above him, and was now closing in on Cyrad. As he got close Cyrad raised up several dozen spires of earth for him to be intercepted by but he dodged them as easily if not easier than the airbender had.

Then he was upon Cyrad and the two of them started the dance of close combat. It took all the skill and focus he could muster to avoid the bender's flaming strikes and even with the increased reach with his sword he wasn't able to land a strike. Cyrad even tried to shoot off his fist, to no avail. Finally Cyrad decided to trade a hit for a hit, managing to sink the tip of his sword into the bandit's calf but taking a torrent of fire to the chest that tossed him back.

At once when Cyrad hit the earth he knew it hadn't been a fair deal, though it wasn't life changing the wound he suffered were significant and he had to roll in pain to keep from passing out. If the bandit leader chose to come for Cyrad it would be the earthbender's last day on this world.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:29 pm

Kei

Kei got to his feet and exited Cyrad's earth dome fast enough to see Cyrad's exchange with the Fire Bender. Cyrad put a bad cut into the Bandits calf but in exchange, Cyrad took a Fire Ball to the chest. knocking him to the ground. The Fire Bender started walking over to Cyrad.

In order to draw the Bandit's attention away from Cyrad, Kei threw a several Shurikens at the Bandit. The bandit didn't see the little blades coming his way and the Shurikens embedded themselves in his back.

By the time the bandit had turned around to face Kei, Kei had completely closed the distance between the two and sent a flurry of punches toward Bandit. The bandit tried to counter Kei's attack with his own mixture of close combat and Fire Bending, but the wound Cyrad gave the bandit was no doubt handicapping him and Kei was clearly winning the current fight. In terms of skill, Kei was technically a better non-bender than he was a bender.

The enemy Fire Bender opened his mouth and Kei immediately knew what he was going to do and grabbed a Flash-Bang from his belt. The Fire Bender released a jet of flame from his toward Kei at point blank range. Kei was prepared and rolled out of the way of the flame and tossed the Flash-Bang directly in the path of the bandit's flame breath. The fire consumed the Flash-Bang when suddenly it exploded into a white, bright light with a loud "Ping!"

The bandit's flame breath stopped and he stumbled backward, covering his eyes. The bandit was no doubt stunned for the time being. Even though Kei hadn't directly looked into the Flash-Bang he was still within range that it to had momentarily stunned him too, though not as badly stunned as the Bandit.

Condition: Stunned

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:54 pm

Cyrad's mind escaped the encroaching darkness with the help of a familiar Ping!  He knew it was the sound of one of Kei's flash bangs and because of how close the sound was he could only guess that the firebender was just as close.  Cyrad quickly rolled to his side and grabbed his sword, lifting it toward the sound in a feeble gesture of defiance but he needed not a mighty stance for the firebender was already stumbling bickward, Cyrad only needed to push out his foot and let the firebender fall on him and his sword point.  The blade slid right through the firebenders belly and poked out the other side reminiscent of the bandits attire.

Cyrad rolled the man off of him who coughed and groaned as he was shifted, the Kei helped Cyrad to his feet.  The two of them looked at the bender who was clearly in no shape to continue the fight, Cyrad wasn't even sure if the man would survive the sword strike, such a wound could go either way.

He turned to Kei and asked. "What do you want to do with him?"

Occ:hope you don't mind I killed-ish him
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:06 pm

Kei

Kei didn't like killing people but the Fire Bender was on the verge of dying anyway.
"It might be safer if we don't take him prisoner, he might seriously hurt one of us later if we do. I'll end him quickly." Kei told Cyrad.

Kei grabbed the Bandits arm and sent a current of electricity into his arm. The current of electricity was a higher voltage than what Kei was using before to knock the others out and instantly killed the Fire Bender.

Kei pointed to the unconscious bodies of the only two surviving bandits located on the outskirts of the camp (Or whats left of it at least).
Kei asked Cyrad, "Do you want to let them go or should we take them prisoner?"

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 7:44 am

Kei grabbed the firebenders arm and sent a jolt through him, killing him.  Cyrad wasn't against killing, some bad men deserved to die, so he agreed with Kei's decision completely.  Then Kei searched the camp while Cyrad tended to his wounds, he was hurt but it wasn't anything a few weeks off wouldn't cure.

Kei came over with two bodies of unconscious bandits, both of them looked like they would pull through.  "Do you want to let them go or should we take them prisoner?"  Cyrad looked down at them, there were the waterbenders he was pretty sure.  He looked from one to the other while he made up his mind.

"I say we take the older man back, he deserves to be punished for his choices in life.  As for the student, we leave him with a note and a chance for him to chose a better life.  Hopefully after such a traumatic event he decides to go home and works in a shop."  Cyrad said as he pulled out a paper and wrote a note telling the waterbender of his decision, and inside the paper were warnings that continuing down this path would lead him to this fate that he was saved from today.  Cyrad tucked the note into the mans hand then bended up a quick cart with thin stone wheels and two bars for him to pull it.  Together with Kei they loaded up the dead firebender and the living older waterbender.  They would head to town and turn both into local authorities.

"Thank you for having my back today, I don't think I could have done that alone."  Cyrad said as they walked back.  "Oh yea, do you know how were getting paid, are we getting paid from him or does he have someone here that has our payment."  As he finished his statement Cyrad thought for a moment about his choice of work, he was no bandit but what really made him better than the men he fought today.  Yes he wouldn't take a job they would harm innocents but he had no problem accepting money in return for being an angel of death.  An what really scared him was as he thought this he felt no remorse for his killings, no joy but he didn't feel sorrow.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 11:53 pm

Kei

Cyrad asked Kei, ""Oh yea, do you know how were getting paid, are we getting paid from him or does he have someone here that has our payment?"

It was at this point that Kei had no idea where the man who offered them the job was or how they were supposed to get paid.

A little embarrassed and upset, Kei replied, "I never asked him where I was supposed to meet him after we accomplished the job. I figured he told you."

Kei had a feeling that their client may have done this on purpose so they wouldn't get paid. Kei shook his head in frustration.
"Do you think our client lives in Shu Jing? We might be able to find him if we search around there."

Mood: Frustrated

Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:14 pm

"I'm not sure if he lives in town but I know for sure he has family here, that's what made him put the job out there in the first place. I'm sure if we go to them then we'll be able to get paid or at least find out where he is. And I am getting paid, I'm all for being nice but it wasn't cheep coming all the way here."

The trip back to town was a longer one, they had to go around rather than shooting themselves over the gap like the first time and the lull let Cyrad's body really start to feel it's wounds. His entire body hurt and the burns screamed with every step, he wished they had a water bender so she could heal him.

"You know, if I'm going to keep doing this job I'm going to have to find myself a nice northern tribe girl just to keep me kicking. Plus that mocha skin is real nice." Cyrad joked to Kei as they walked.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:43 pm

Kei

Kei smiled at Cyrad's comment and said jokingly back, "A female traveling companion would definitely be a great morale booster."

Kei decided to  bring up a question regarding Cyrad's own affairs.
"So," Kei began, "Why did you begin to take up mercenary work? Its not something people just decide to do on a whim."

Mood: Casual

[OOC- Sorry about the short post, my brain is dead.]
Back to top Go down
Cyrad
Cyrad

Character Description

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:57 pm

"Well years ago just after my father died when I still traveled around as a smith with my mother we needed safety on the road. We needed to hire someone to keep us safe so hired this body guard. Well he became like a teacher to me, helping me with my bending and taught me pretty much everything I know with a sword. So when my mother passed away and I was left alone he offered to take me on as an apprentice so I did. We stayed together for a while, after he passed I sort of just continued on using my skills to get me what jobs I could, after feeling the thrill of battle smithing work just didn't quite cut it any more so I lent more and more towards mercenary jobs until I pretty much only did them. What about yourself, what brought you here?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Expensive Murder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expensive Murder   Expensive Murder Empty

Back to top Go down

Expensive Murder
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Fire Nation :: Shu Jing-
Jump to: