The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aguri Qi

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Aguri Qi Empty
PostSubject: Aguri Qi   Aguri Qi EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Full Name: Aguri Qi
Element: Fire
Birthplace: Ba Sing Se
Position: Adventurer

Personality: (40) Aguri's personality can be best described as powerful. He's not easily tricked and is great at using logic to solve problems. If given a choice to fight or debate over an issue, he would most likely debate: however, he does have occasional breakdowns when he does things his normal self would never dream of doing, ex. challenging a head of authority to a duel, going after a known criminal, the like. He often likes to talk to people back at his house in Ba Sing Se over a cup of tea.

Abilities: (40) Aguri, when provoked, fights by bending from his feet with kicking attacks. He cannot fly by shooting fire from his feet (like some masters) but he is capable of doing a large jump (5 to 6 feet into the air) and using his firebending as a boost. He is not skilled with any particular weapon but has good aim from throwing rocks as a child. He can run much faster because he uses fire as a boost from the soles of his feet.

Appearance: (60) Golden eyes, with long, slightly curly hair hanging down. He often wears a red short-sleeve shirt with frayed gold lace and darker red pants. He wears boots with steel toes for extra conductivity and heavier direct damage. His teeth are relatively sharp (not jagged). He often has a calm and blank expression. He does not use his hands while he speaks. Aguri is very lean because of his powerful legs and abs.

History: (120) Aguri was born in Ba Sing Se. He had a great childhood and was loved by his parents, who are still members of the city today. One day, when he was very young, he was playing with friends during recess and a bully started teasing him. He tried to ask the bully why he was doing this, but the bully wouldn't talk to him and just kept taunting him. Aguri became frustrated, and lashed out at the boy: however, midway through his swing a burst of fire erupted from his palm and burned the bully across his stomach. Aguri's parents were contacted and were given a serious warning from the Di-Lee that another accident like this could lead to their exile. The parents, who were fugitive firebenders, thanked the Di-Lee for their generosity and told Aguri he was never to bend again.

Aguri, mystified by this power he had, sometimes lit a small fire with a snap of his fingers and tossed it back and forth in his hands. He played with the forbidden fire, and when he turned 13 he wanted to try it out more. He spoke to his parents about leaving to see his home country, the Fire Nation, and left on a train. When he arrived there, he was very excited to see his power was not forbidden there, but rather encouraged. He enlisted in the army and became a private: but soon he would regret the decision.

He saw how cruel the Fire Nation could be in their operations and was horrified. When he tried to leave, his commanding officer told him he was not allowed to. After 3 more terrible days in the service, he escaped his ship and swam to shore. He ended up on Kioshi island, where he was arrested and nearly burned at the stake for his firebending uniform. He narrowly escaped death by telling them all the information he had gathered, and made a pact with the Kioshi warriors. He helped plot an attack on the small group of ships he had escaped from, and this entire escapade can be read down in the RP example section.

EDIT: While in the Fire Nation Army, Aguri received basic training, but not nearly enough to make him a good firebender.

Sample RP:

THIS RP IS BASED IN THE REALM OF MY IMAGINATION AND NONE OF THE CHARACTERS I CREATE WILL BE USED IN ANY OTHER ROLEPLAYS AS THEY ARE NOT MY OFFICIAL CHARACTERS YADDA YADDA

Aguri's eyes were squinted in the darkness of night. He and the Kioshi warriors crouched on the tip of a glacier, using a telescope to see the ship Aguri had been enslaved on only a week before.

Akane, the head of the Kioshi warriors, hissed, "Aguri, do you see them?"

"Yes," Aguri whispered back. "They're taking the route they said they would. All five of them, in an arrowhead position."

"Perfect," Sakura, another one, said. "So can I have a recap of the plan?"

Akane sighed. "Sakura, I'd wish you'd pay more attention."

"Sorry, I had some bad fish that day." Sakura pouted.

"Whatever. The plan is that you and Misaki will follow this glacier's trail to the point where the far right ship is closest. Then, you should be able to jump onto the deck. Meanwhile, on the other side of the arrow, Aguri will be wearing his old uniform when he jumps into the water, screaming that he fell overboard. While you and Misaki take out the crew silently, I'll have a bow and arrow and will wait here and take out members of the crew if anything goes wrong. Now, Aguri will proceed to say he wants to speak to the captain: when he gets in the captain's quarters, he'll take out the captain and everyone on board to cut down the force. Then both of you will take control of your ship and smash it into the neighboring ship. If everything goes according to plan, there will be more attention drawn to Aguri's ship and so the Kioshi ship will be destroyed first, then Aguri's. The resulting explosion from the ships should take out the head ship, and if it doesn't, we'll take it out."

"Okay. I got it," Sakura nodded.

"Let's go." Aguri handed Akane the telescope and watched as the Kioshi warriors sprinted across the massive iceberg to the point where the ship would be closest, and Aguri turned and got into the small raft the group had taken there, paddling it across the expanse of water between two icebergs to the left iceberg. It was there he docked the raft and walked around the steep slope out of the ship's sight.

Misuki leapt across the stretch of water and just barely caught the guard rail, letting out a small clank that to her felt like the chime of a temple bell. She held her breath, but no guards came. Then she felt Sakura leap, and wanted to shout, "Too early!" but felt Sakura's hand grab onto her ankle.

Misuki grit her teeth with pain as she struggled to carry not just her own, but also Sakura's weight. Then she heard Sakura's voice, very faintly: "There's a window down here! I'm going in this way!"

Misuki felt Sakura's weight vanish, and she looked down to see Sakura's head disappear into a porthole. Misuki eventually pulled herself back up and onto the main deck, where she crouched behind barrels of supplies and peered out.

The captain's quarters were closest to her, and a man stood at the wheel as well as a guard further on in front of a small steel door. Misuki, making sure to keep below the man steering the ship's sightline, crept across the floor and behind the mast. She went to dash out and attack the guard she had seen earlier, but suddenly the captain's quarters door opened and an angry man walked out.

She froze for a moment, knowing she looked totally out of place. He furrowed his brow, then grit his teeth and began to say something; Misuki didn't let him finish. She ran forward and elbowed him in the throat, then knocked him down and dragged him into the captain's quarters, where the captain was looking away. He turned to look at why the door was open, but Misuki smashed him into the wall and put him in a chokehold until he was out cold.

Aguri jumped off of the iceberg, screaming. Several men turned their heads, and one came to the side of the ship, looking down to see Aguri splashing. "Help! I fell overboard!" The man laughed, and said, "You're that stupid kid that's been missing. You've been stowing away, I see."

Aguri's heart froze, and he couldn't tell if it was from the subzero waters or the fact this man recognized him.

"Wanted a free trip to the Southern Water Tribe? PAY FOR ONE!" He turned and walked away from the ship's edge. By now Aguri realized the plan was doomed. He had to do something, anything to fix this!

"Hey, you ugly bearfrog!" He screamed an insult up.

The man returned in a flash. "What did you call me?"

"A sniveling ratroach!" Screamed Aguri. "An ugly lizardfly!"

The man sucked in a deep breath, then let out a solid stream of fire at Aguri. Aguri, praying his idea would work, ducked under the water and felt it rise in temperature. Then, as it started to evaporate, he jumped out of the water and into the fire, feeling it dry him off. He crouched his legs and tryed to imagine rising up, feeling the fire beginning to burn his face.

His idea worked, and soon he was up near the deck. He punched the man in the face and grabbed onto the deck railing, pulling himself up and unleashing a weak spray of fire from his palms. A horrible smell of burning hair filled his nostrils, and he hoped he still had some of the hair he had cut to join the army.

He sprinted extremely quickly to the captain's quarters door, using fire from his feet to speed him up. He threw open the down and saw the captain directly in front of him.

For a moment, time stood still. Aguri was face-to-face with this man who had the power to kill him.

Aguri broke the spell by rising and kicking him square in the chest, and flames escaped his shoes and knocked the captain further back. The captain caught the fire in his hands, though, and Aguri swore as he ducked and rolled under the return shot. When he sprang up, he held his hands up in a defensive position as the fire bounced off his gloved hands and forearms.

He was about to unleash a firestorm on the captain when he heard footsteps behind him, and didn't even think before throwing himself to the side. He watched from the ground as a hellstorm of fire was blown through the doorframe, burning the captain.

I'll just stop here, because this application is going to be the new example of tl;dr.
Back to top Go down
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Aguri Qi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aguri Qi   Aguri Qi EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:38 am

Why is this not approved yet? D:

You should have messaged me, it's been two weeks! Are you even active now? D:

Approved.
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net

Aguri Qi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Creation :: Characters :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: