The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reaching Out to the Rest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

Reaching Out to the Rest Empty
PostSubject: Reaching Out to the Rest   Reaching Out to the Rest EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:35 pm

Hey Guys,

I was just curious as to whether or not individual members of our society (New Chapters), could advertise to increase the activity level of the forum. I think everyone knows by now that there are a large number of Avatar fans out there, and they dont really know where to look to find an active RP website. Even when I was searching for this RP, I had to skim through quite alot of dead ones until I found New Chapters.

As far as ideas for advertising and bringing up awareness, I would like some ideas from everyone, so that we can make this place more populated Smile.

If this is okay with Liao then we should start, otherwise if not, then its okay.

Thanks,

Novai
Back to top Go down
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Reaching Out to the Rest   Reaching Out to the Rest EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:11 pm

It's not like I would turn down people advertising.... Razz

And yep.. I've all I can, I advertised on several Advertisement/Promotion Forums and Directories, both with high PageRanks, to get some backlinks (or whatever they called it, forgot the term) to the site. I've also tried my best with the keywords, tried not over-do it, which can sometimes be worse than not having enough.
Added the site to a lot of search engines, including Google, Yahoo and Bing.

For your information, it's very easy to get the Google crawler to your site, after that comes Yahoo, and lastly Bing, which is quite difficult to get. You need a lot of activity to make it come. As far as I know it hasn't been here.

Some searches:

Spoiler:

We also get some traffic from the old website, which is one of the first link on Google. (searching for "the last airbender rp" again)

Then there also is TrafficSpammer, which is a rotator, it sends people through a bunch of websites, and by doing so you gain minutes, with those minutes you can visitor to your site (lots of undirected traffic, 100-150 per hour). It will really help alot, and we would be on the Google's first page in several days, I presume. Sadly, for some stupid reason they will not allow me, since there is some kind of (completely harmess) advertisement of which they think will stop the rotator.... morons. This forces me to get rid of all the ads on the website, which is possible with some money, or more activity.

But yeah, mouth-to-mouth advertisement is the most effective way, at the moment. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Reaching Out to the Rest   Reaching Out to the Rest EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:36 pm

I see, well I guess you tried everything possible that could be done over the internet. How about making a youtube channel and promoting it through videos or something. Because both of us know that alot of people out there still want to find an active Avatar the Last Airbender RPG website.

Back to top Go down
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Reaching Out to the Rest   Reaching Out to the Rest EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:39 pm

I'm no good at making promotion videos.
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Reaching Out to the Rest   Reaching Out to the Rest EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Thats why we have the community to turn to, see who does have skills.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

EXP : 2775
Birthday : 1994-07-23

Character Description
Position:
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Reaching Out to the Rest   Reaching Out to the Rest EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Yeah I found this place with a Bing search. It found the old website, but that directed me here so...
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Reaching Out to the Rest   Reaching Out to the Rest EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Bing search, thats sort of rare, either way, I think its necessary for the website to expand its horizons to the countless others who want to join us in our quests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reaching Out to the Rest   Reaching Out to the Rest Empty

Back to top Go down

Reaching Out to the Rest
Page 1 of 1