The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ready to go *open*

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:14 am

Bai Hu

Bai Hu was walking outside having her stuff packed so she could go on a adventure. She wishes that she could have a friend to join her on the way, so she wouldn't have to go alone. She had money in her pocket for before she left. She also packed a some frozen food so she wouldn't go hungry. She looked around wondering if anyone would tag along, or even ask where she was going.
Bai Hu yelled, "Goodbye! I'll be back soon!"

And she started to walk to her nearby wooden boat ready for her departure.

Mood: Excited
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Last edited by Bai Hu on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Yoora Bhin

Yoora was at the docks preparing her boat. She had just said good bye to her parents and her few relatives at her home. They had such a nice celebration and her grandmother remembered to put some extra sea prunes in her bag for her. Yoora was ready to go, her years of traveling with her parents had her ready to go adventuring years before, though this would be the first time she traveled such a great distance by herself. Though after staying in the South Pole so long she was really missing the warm places she had visited as a child. Not to mention she was looking forward to being able to take her boots off when she got somewhere warmer. She was about to go when she heard some shout in the distance "Good bye! I'll be back soon!"

"Hello." Yoora said when the girl made her way to the dock. She looked her over quickly. This girl seemed to young to go adventuring by herself, perhaps she was going on a fishing trip. Even so it was dangerous to go alone. "Where are you heading?"

Mood: Anxious

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:37 pm

Bai Hu

Bai Hu was so surprised and happy that someone cared about her leaving. She greeted her with an hello. And asked her as where she was heading.

She responded politely and a bit too casually, "Hello. I'm heading off for my parents."

She then realized her mistake and whispered, "Please keep this between us. I don't want anyone in the tribe to treat me any differently."

She felt a pang of trust and reassurance from being around her. She felt although the obvious difference of age, they could become great friends. She tucked her dagger deeper into her pocket. She then asked, "Would you care to join me on my adventure? We could venture anywhere you like, since I don't have any ideas where they would be."

She then blushed and entered into her boat and gestured for her to join.

Mood: Content
Condition:Well and healthy
Link:https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t6-bai-hu

Last edited by Bai Hu on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:00 am

Yoora Bhin

Yoora smiled at the girl. "Its okay. I don't normally stay with the tribe much. My parents travel all over the world as cultural researchers; so I've grown up mostly any where but here."

Yoora looked at the girls boat. It seemed to be safe and ready to go and traveling together would boost their chances of survival. Her father had helped her with her own boat but it didn't feel right leaving on the family boat. She quickly looked around the docks and saw a family friend. "Just a minute." Yoora said to her new friend.

"Koda!" She shouted from her spot. "Tell my dad I'm traveling with a friend in their boat!" He waved signaling he understood.

She got in the boat and quickly grabbed the map from her bag. "Sorry about that. So you're looking for people and I'm heading to the Northern Water Tribe. I'm looking for a master. Someone to teach me water bending. I know we have someone here who could teach me, but mom thinks this adventure will help me grow as a person." Yoora said absentmindedly before lowing the map in realization, "Oh! I'm Yoora by the way. Its nice to meet you!"

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Bai Hu

I wish I could waterbend...

Bai Hu replied in a soft whisper after her quick rambling, "I wonder what my real biological parents are like?"

Then loudly said, "I guess I might find out!"

"Oops.. sorry." She added afterward.

She then wondered what it looked like to bend water and asked, "Can you show me how to bend? I've never seen anyone bend before..."

Then shyly added, "..if you want to."

Mood: Content

Last edited by Bai Hu on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:38 am

Yoora Bhin

Yoora looked at the girl. She hadn't caught the first thing she had said but it was okay. She smiled gently at her and giggled softly at her very polite request. I think I can get along with this girl very easily.

"Don't worry about it. I sometimes rant on things most people don't follow any way." Yoora said. "Though the bending is an actual problem. See I can't really do much of it. I mean my dad tried to teach me the basics when we were traveling near water from a scroll, but lets just say it didn't go very well. So if you're up for seeing a ripple in the water than sure! Not guaranteeing anything though."

She smiled gently at her new companion, but before she could reply Yoora bursting out shouting "Wait! I got an idea! I'll show you some bending, if you tell me your name. Ive already given you mine."

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:03 am

Bai Hu

"Oh, sorry I forgot it's Bai Hu." After she gently curtsied because it was a foreign thing that she picked up over the years.

She felt embarrassed for a second and caught herself blushing. She then relaxed and decided to be focused and put her nervous energy into it. She was planning to mimic the moves, just see what they feel like. She looked at her exciting new friend, who already seemed to have tons of energy.She put down a blanket so she could get a better view and gestured towards the water for her to begin.

Condition: Well and healthy

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Yoora Bhin

"Okay. Just don't get your hopes up or anything." Yoora said cautiously as she took off her gloves and leaned slightly over the edge of the boat.

She took a few deep calming breaths and focused her sights on the water. She tried to draw upon the energy of the water, to possible coax it to come to her hand. The water was a still as it could be in the harbor, but a slight ripple started to happen below Yoora's hand. When she saw that she slowly moved her hand up, as if trying to imitate a jellyfish. A little clump of water came up to her hand and followed its movements for a bit, but when Yoora tried to add her second hand to help control the water, it dropped. Yoora sighed in defeat and put her gloves back on.

"I'm better when the moon is out, but so is every other water bender. It can be a little frustrating to see some of the younger kids being able to stream water and I can barely manipulate such a small amount. But I met someone on one of my parents' trips and she helped me get this far, so I know now that I just need to find the 'right' teacher. Y'know?" Yoora finished with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Ready to go *open* Blue_eyes_makeup
Bai Hu

Bai Hu replied,"Yeah, I know what ya mean."

Bai Hu mimicked her actions pulling at water behind her making it slowly float up into the air. She didn't notice it, and when she turned around it floated in nearby Yoora Bhin's face. She didn't know this was happening and thought nothing had happened and sighed.

She tried again and still didn't notice a large cracking dripping sound nearby her, so she sighed, "I thought it would work."

She sat down on her blanket and decided to change subjects and ask,"So what is the perfect teacher like?"

Condition: Well and healthy

Last edited by Bai Hu on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:27 am

Yoora Bhin

Yoora was a little shocked as the water passed by her. Is she a bender and doesn't know it? Yoora thought on whether to tell her new companion. Mother often said that things are the way they are for a reason. Maybe I'll show her she's a bender later.

Yoora looked at Bai Hu and smiled; she had a lot of potential, probably more than her if she could bend so much water without having a single teacher.

"Well I don't really know what the perfect teacher is like. I think I'll just meet them and know that they're the one who is suppose to teach me. But that doesn't mean I won't get some studying done on the way." Yoora explained. "My dad suggested that I stay somewhere that has a beach to watch the tides at night. Its easier to watch the Moon pull the water on a sandy beach than here.

"We should probably get going soon." Yoora said pointing to the position of the Sun.

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Bai Hu

"Yeah, let's row like the wind!", she then jumped in the boat and gestured for her to join.

She didn't understand why Yoora Bhin smiled at her, but had a feeling that she was going to find out soon.

"How do you plan to study?” she asked.

She wondered what beach she was referring to and figured she'd find out. The sun seemed to be almost to noon. They'd have to hurry soon, or they might not even leave the dock.

Luckily we have food for on the way. Or I'd be worried.

Mood:Happy
Link:

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 7:24 pm

Yoora Bhin

"Lets start heading out first, then we can talk more." Yoora said.

Yoora first started to tie off the boat from the dock and hopped in. She looked at the map and fished out her compass from her bag. She put them on the bottom of the boat and grabbed an oar.

"We probably won't get too far before dark, but we can at least try to get to the edge of the South Pole. It might be a few trips before we get to Kyoshi Island; maybe 5 or 6 days."

Yoora looked at the map and her compass and pointed to the faint edge of the bay. "We'll aim for there. By the time it hits sunset we should think about setting up camp.

"As for studying, well I plan to watch the effect of the Moon on the tides." Yoora explained as she started to paddle. "The Moon is the original waterbender, after all. I think the ideal place to do that would be Kyoshi Island. There's a town there so we won't need to worry about supplies and my dad said that there is a beach. Is that okay?"

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Bai Hu

Bai Hu started to use the oar to push her farther from the deck. She started to quickly oar farther and started to rest. She created a plan within her head to get farther.

If we were to take shifts we could minimize the time, it would take to complete the task.

She decided to tell Yoora Bhin her plan, "We could take shifts to ease the time and shrink it. If you want, I'll take the night shift you could take the day shift."

She also added with another thought,"We'll need time to eat so mid day or mid night so we could wake up one another so we can eat."

She took another strong stroke using the oar and she pushed farther towards their destination.

Link:

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Yoora Bhin

She's obviously never traveled this far before. I'm sure I've suggested something like that when I was younger. Yoora smiled at the memory.

"It doesn't quite work that way Bai Hu." Yoora explained as she paddled along with her friend. "When you're crossing big bodies of water like this you'll get tired rowing all the time and also the ocean gets rougher and colder at night. Besides we'll need to stretch our legs every now and again too.

"But tomorrow night may be a good time to do the shift idea." Yoora thought after a moment. "It would need to be shorter shifts like 4 hours. And since tomorrow night is suppose to be a full moon I could bend the water instead of paddling. I've been practicing that move for the past few nights and I'm pretty comfortable with it. We'll just have to hope it will be a warmer night. You still okay with that?"

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Bai Hu

Bai Hu responded with,"Yes."

She was content with her plan being used at least once. She oared even faster and didn't stop for awhile till she couldn't row any more at her quick speed. She looked up at the moon and the tides and decided to take a nap for awhile, but she developed a hunger and needed food. She unpack a few things and took out two of her fish meals.

She asked,"Do you want some?"

Link:

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Yoora Bhin

Yoora smiled at her companion's energy and excitement. This was nothing new to Yoora, aside from the fact she was doing this in a canoe instead of sail boat. She kept a steady pace and continued to row until the Moon came out. She gladly took the offered meal from Bai and thanked her. She let her companion eat first and asked her to row while she ate before taking a break.

After she finished her meal she decided to switch to water bending. She slowly stood up to get her footing and lifted her arms. She swayed them back and forth in front of her slowly waiting for the water to respond to her movements. Once she had created a moving current under the boat she tried to speed it up slightly. The boat was obviously making progress along the coast and it seemed to keep the pace of the two of them rowing. Yoora was happy with just that. If I try too much I may sink the boat by accident. But if I keep this pace up we may be able to make it to that Earth kingdom Island on the map.

Mood: Worried

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Bai Hu

Bai Hu watched Yoora Bhin and because of this she was able to overcome her exhaustion. She rowed faster and faster to the steady beat of her bending. She kept going and going not stopping.

Yoora moves with such grace and swiftness

She became determined to get farther and farther from the shore, she truely couldn't help herself, she did this so she wouldn't get bored. She eventually managed to hold the oar in one hand and put one hand in the position that Yoora Bhin's was and she saw a rush of water begin to speed them up.

Did I do that?

She moved her hand down and the water slowed. She moved it back up and it return to the other state.

Yoora seems to know more about bending, I'll ask her.

She asked Yoora, "Did I do that?"

Link:

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:03 am

Yoora Bhin

Yoora had a look of concentration on her face. She may have been looking ahead, but her eyes weren't focused on anything in particular. It may be easier to bend at night, but it still hard to do something like this. Oh gods now the currents changing!

Her friend's question brought her away from her concentration. "Do what?" Yoora asked. "Its kinda hard for me to concentrate, Bai. So unless its important don't expect a conversation when I'm bending, okay?"

Yoora slowed down her bending and looked at the position of the Moon. "Maybe you should take a break. I'll wake you in a while. We should probably be at some form of Earth Kingdom land tomorrow if we take shifts all night and follow the compass." Maybe Bai tried to waterbend the boat too. That would explain why the current changed when I thought I had complete control over it.

"Oh and Bai Hu, don't play around or try anything new right now. We're in the middle of the ocean and if this canoe tips we'll lose our supplies and the little warmth that we have. We can play around a little when we get to some land."

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:47 am

Bai Hu

Bai Hu understood why and accepted that she shouldn't have tried anything since it could have been dangerous. She felt a bit bad about having Yoora loose her concentration.

She said sadly and feeling sorrow,"Sorry, about earlier I'll take a break."

She decided to take a quick nap for awhile she dozed off sleepily. She dreamt of past thoughts she had and thought of many many things. Overall, her nap would leave her quite refreshed and with tons of energy.

Mood:Knowledgable
Condition:Sleeping
Link:

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Yoora Bhin

Yoora smiled at her sleeping friend. She may make poor choices, but her heart is in the right place.

Yoora picked up the pace a bit with her bending. She felt the chill of the night air but the winds weren't as strong as she originally thought. If she kept bending the movements of her arms would keep away the cold.

It was a while, but they had made some head way and she could see off in the distance a peak of land, though it may be an iceberg. Yoora looked at the position of the Moon. It was probably about time to wake Bai up. That's good my arms are tired. I don't think I've ever been bending this long before.

"Bai," Yoora said softly as she nudged her friend. "Wake up. Its your turn to take over."

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:09 pm

Bai Hu

Bai Hu was thinking about if she was bending when she heard Yoora telling her to wake up. She quickly awakened from her light slumber and started to oar quickly. Later she noticed the tip of something faraway that seemed to be getting closer. She rowed faster and faster not stopping till she was only thirty feet away. She moved closer and closer towards her destination. She noticed that is was morning and that they were a mile from something large.
She impatiently asked, "Are we nearby our destination?"

Mood: Slightly Impatient

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Yoora Bhin

Yoora woke up to her friend's question. She looked at the map and the piece of land in the distance.

"Not sure." Yoora said with a yawn. "Don't get your hopes up too high, it could just be an iceberg."

She picked up her oar and started to help her friend paddle. They made good head way and you could make out the specific features of the land. It had trees, rocks, and a scarce amount of snow.

"Okay so not an iceberg." Yoora said tiredly. "I guess we passed the tip of the South Pole a while back and didn't notice."

Mood: Tired

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Bai Hu

"Come on let's stop by there!" Said Bai Hu.

Finally land!

Bai Hu rowed and rowed till they were at the dock. She tied the rope on the dock and jumped out. She saw a beautiful beach, she took off her shoes and felt the grass in between her feet and the soil on her skin.

I've never felt anything like this before. It feels different in a good way!

She stretched her legs out and made a earth angel. She saw a sign reading, "The only and the proud Kyoshi island! Welcome to all visitors please enjoy our hospitality!"

Then she added to Yoora, "Let's venture into this island, shall we?" And with a smile she looked at the land in happiness.

Mood: Slightly Excited

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ready to go *open* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready to go *open*   Ready to go *open* Empty

Back to top Go down

Ready to go *open*
Page 1 of 1