The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rai Kizi *done*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rai Kizi
Rai Kizi

EXP : 275
Birthday : 1994-07-28

Character Description
Position: Fire Nation Agent
Nation: Fire Nation

Rai Kizi *done* Empty
PostSubject: Rai Kizi *done*   Rai Kizi *done* EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Full Name: Rai Kizi
Element: Fire
Birthplace: Fire Nation Capital
Position: Fire Nation Secret Service (Agent), Captain

Personality: Rai is generally a person with a bright and optimistic mood. He is a man of great wisdom and enjoys helping out where-ever he can. He always puts himself last and is rarely ever selfish. Rai has an open heart and up for something new all the time. He generally puts everyone he knows before himself because he doesn't care about his wants or needs. He just wants others to be happy. He is also a very sincere and honest person and rarely ever lies. He does not use much sarcasm for he prefers to be serious in certain situations, but he knows how to have fun. Rai sometimes finds himself to be a guardian to whomever he meets because he is always concerned for their well-being.

When it comes to being in dangerous situations, Rai can be deadly. Taking a life is something that Rai hopes he doesn't have to experience, but he lives life with very little regret so perhaps taking a life in a justified or unjustified way will not leave much effect on him. He has respect for life, but feels that life should not be abused to take advantage of others. Sometimes he breaks his own morals, but he is only human and knows he makes mistakes, so he is very real with himself and everyone.

Abilities: Rai is the son of an Ex-Fire Nation Admiral so he had the opportunity to train with some of the greatest Fire Benders in the Fire Nation. He not only trained with Masters, but he was so praised for his that it seemed that he could become a great bender as well, even better than his father. As of now these are his list of abilities:

• Fireball
  • Fire Whip
  • Fire Shield
  • Wall of Fire
  • Fire Tornado
  • Fire Daggers
  • Fire Streams
  • Fire Rain (This is basically an attack that showers Fire down on an enemy in streaks of flames which can cover large areas.)
  • Fire Augmentation
  • Jet Propulsion
  • Heat Redirection
  • Fire Disks
  • Blazing Rings/Arcs

In addition to all of these skills, Rai has also been gifted with a great deal of speed and agility to improve his abilities and performance. He also is a decent swordsman, having acquired the skill of using dual-dao swords and hidden wrist blades.

Appearance: Rai is 6'1 and has black ruffled hair. He has an athletic build and has quite a bit of definition to himself, but manages to make himself much more intimidating even though he isn't extremely muscular. His has a round face, with a little bit of a rigid chin and his nose is straight yet, a bit pointed at the end. Rai also has several long scars on his back and along his shoulders. His eyes are of a bright luminescent gold and his skin is a bit of a light caramel color.

Rai wears several things although you typically find him wearing a light travelers/short trench coat jacket dyed gray with the sleeves rolled up to just above his elbows and he preferably likes to have the collar of his jacket up. He'll wear long grey pants or black ones to go with the jacket and typically he'll wear a white or grey four-square button shirt with his family crest which is a black sea raven symbol resembling the symbol of the Southern Raiders. He also wears either his low iron tip boots, or his high tie-up leg braces.

The other clothing he prefers to wear is what he likes to call his 'Raven' cloak or his semi-formal attire. It's a black long-sleeved cloak where he only buttons the top most gold button that has his family crest engraved into it. He then wears a black shirt with white buttons and long somewhat baggy black pants and pretty much wears the same footwear as his other outfit.

Weaponry and Other Gear:
Name: Dual Dao Swords
Type: Sword/Broadsword
Material: Forged with metal and a solid gold or wood handle wrapped in felt.
Description: Dao swords are moderately curved and single-edged, though often with few inches of the back edge sharpened as well; the moderate curve allows them to be reasonably effective in the thrust. Hilts are canted, curving in the opposite direction as the blade which improves handling in some forms of cuts and thrusts. Cord is usually wrapped over the handle. Hilts may also be pierced like those of jian, a straight-bladed sword, for the addition of lanyards.
Abilities: Although Dao Swords possess no 'great' advantage over your common sword, the curving does allow for a much quicker cut through air and due to the all solid metal and gold design, it allows for a bender to channel their element even when wielding the swords.
Creator: Each set of Dao Swords are given to veteran soldiers and those in relation to high ranking military officials. Your common non-bending foot soldier may also be equipped with the swords. These swords may also be produced by an skilled blacksmith with resources at hand.

History: Rai was born in a Military Upper Class Family in the ritzy area of the Fire Nation Capital to his father Nazume who was an Admiral in the Fire Nation Navy, and his mother Lira who worked as a Secretary for a Senator within the Fire Nation.

Starting from birth, Rai's father wanted to mold him into a powerful individual and have his son follow him in his footsteps. That meant, if he was a firebender, training would start for him as soon as possible. His father's prayers were soon answered when one day when Rai was 3 years old, he set some curtains on fire and nearly the whole house. After two years of observing his son's behavior, Rai's father enrolled him in the Sozin Military Academy. From there, he started to become a disciplined young patriot of the Fire Nation, but also a patriot for peace after Avatar Aang had passed on.

Around school, he was known as the Diplomat because he always broke up fights which earned him alot of friends, yet there were also some people who tended to dislike his kindness and thirst for equality. Particularly one boy who was a little older than Rai and was known for being jealous and not being able to control his temper.

When Rai was 17, he had become an even more distinguished pupil at the Academy and was highly regarded as a fire-bending prodigy. Although, his kindness and softness of heart had hardened and lessened because of his self-discipline, and just how he was being raised in a militaristic setting. Now, this particular boy who had been so envious of Rai had become a rather brutal individual and rather unpopular within the school and he despised Rai after he had embarrassed him in some sparring a few months ago.

The day before Rai was to turn 18 and enter conscription into the Navy, Rai was challenged to an Agni Kai by this boy, which Rai accepted. Rai assumed this was going to be a piece of cake, but he was in for a bad experience.

This Agni Kai started and Rai already found himself on the ropes. This boy had developed his skills so much more since their last altercation that Rai was overwhelmed. That wasn't even the bad part. What happened next was left engraved in Rai's memory forever. He was down on the ground, his body covered in cuts and bruises, and before he could get up to keep on fighting, this boy created a fire whip and lashed him on his back. Rai yelled in pain. It felt as if someone had dug into his skin with a burning hot knife. One lash, two lashes, three lashes, four lashes, five lashes. Rai closed his eyes waiting for the next whip, but it never came, instead he looked up, his vision a little blurry, but he managed to make out figures restraining the boy. Enough was enough. He felt the blood oozing down his body and onto the ground, and that was all he could remember.

His 18th birthday was spent in the infirmary with his mother and father by his side. The boy was kicked out of the school and that was the last thing Rai ever heard about him. Yet, the fight made Rai think, how could he be so weak? This made him make a promise to himself and his father. He would never be weak like that again. After only a week of recovery, Rai was discharged from the infirmary and his father removed him from conscription and placed him in advanced enrollment classes at the academy and got him a private mentor.

Nine years later, Rai was standing before a crowd receiving his Patriot's Medal for his dedication to the Fire Nation. He had trained day in and out, with his mentor, by himself, and with friends. He did community service, helped the poor, built houses, and even trained a group of soldiers who show extraordinary skill. He hadn't lost himself in the process of becoming who he was, he still was that kind, thoughtful, disciplined man he was shaped to be.

Come his 28th birthday, a pointless war started because of the recklessness of the Earth King who was later assassinated. However, his assassination did not mean the end of the war.

Rai belonged to his father's divison, the 6th Naval Brigade, and him and his father were deployed to the Omashu front with General Hayato. There they defeated Felicia, a leader of the Kyoshi Warriors sent to attack their forces. It was brutal, but it was also quick. They stood no match for the Fire Nation's attacks.

Once that battle had been won, Rai went to go find his father. He found him close to the front lines in a tent alone near a forest where he had been studying troop movements by the Earth Kingdom. They had a small conversation about when the war would be over and exchanged a few jokes here and there. Rai left that conversation with a smile on his face, but just as he reached the threshold to the tent, he heard a scuffle behind him and a slam! which sounded like something hitting the table that has father had been sitting at. Rai spun around and saw a Kyoshi warrior standing over his father, a bloody dagger in hand.

Anger immediately flooded through his body and he started yelling about an assassin. The warrior sliced a hole in the tent and sprinted into the forest and Rai started to chase the assailant. The warrior did everything he could to get him off of his tail, but he was full of rage. Rai created a fire whip in his hand and lashed it out at the warrior's feet which tripped him and he crashed down onto the ground and slammed into the trunk of a tree.

Rai did not hold back and pulled out his dual-dao swords and placed his blades by the neck of the warrior and looked into his eyes behind the mask he was wearing. He paused for a moment and slid them back into their sheath. Rai felt that this was not worth it, so he began to walk away, but as he did so, the warrior threw a dagger at Rai's back which he dodged, spun around, and propelled a great stream of fire at the warrior. He did not watch to see the extent of his attack and he walked away back to his father's tent to find that his body was gone. Apparently his father was still alive, but being operated on.

Rai wouldn't see his father until a week later back home. His looked weak, but he looked the same as always. Big smile and booming personality. His father also had news to tell him! The war would be ending! A peace treaty had been signed and the nations could return to peace once again!

This was all great news for Rai, yet the war had still left some unanswered questions in his head. What did the end of the war mean? Did all of his training go to waste just so he could stand around and protect his injured father?

Perhaps, but maybe he was meant for greatness? Yet, greatness takes time, hell, it can take longer than one's entire life to achieve greatness.

***(Sorry if this history seems a little wack... I think I was low on inspiration. If you need me to be more specific or edit some more, I would be more than glad to.)***

**OPTIONAL**
Sample RP:

Remmemmber....Remember, Zak? Zakku twitched slightly at the words Razqel said. They remained him of what his mentor always told him. His eyes opened wide as he stared at Razqel, not focusing at all that the man was charging at him. Then, after a moment he reacted, however it wasn't fast enough. He tried to sidestep and turn so that when Razqel would run pass he could attack directly at the side. However, Razqel's blade cut threw the upper part of his arm. It easily cut threw, making blood drip down the steel blade. Zakku took several steps back sword still in hand. He flinched slightly as be looked to his side seeing Rukuretsia again, who had begun to regain her composer and was moving towards him. Then he glanced at Nyuu, a pleading look in his eyes as if he was telling the Waterbender to stop Razqel.

"...No...I don't want to fight...Leave me alone..." said Zak as he walked backwards a few steps then turned sprinting away. Each step he took was painful, every motion he made felt like he was going to die from. He sheathed his sword as he sprinted so that he could swing his arms to move faster. He desperately wanted to get away, so he ran into the next alley way and ran to the street parallel to the one he was on and sprinted that way so that he was no longer in sight of those that attacked him. He was about to turn again but was stopped. Knives were sticking out of the wall next to him. His face changed from tired to a horrified expression. The knives had an emblem on them, and Zak recognized it immediately.

"No..no...no no no no no...." he said repeating the word several times scared to accept it as truth. He stepped back and turned around to see someone wearing similar armor to what he was wearing only the enemy had a wolf-like mask on, hiding his identity. Zakku swallowed hard as he stepped back only to feel the heat from hot flames behind him that trapped him like some wild dog in a cage.

"So...We finally found you...Took us three years...but we found you." said a man walking closer as three soldiers stood around him. Zakku stared at the four people before him, his expression filled with fear and horror. "You scared?"

"I'm not going back..." he said shaking his head. "No...Never... not in a million years...Never again will I go back...You can't make me..."

"I beg to differ...Cerberus, Barguest...seize him..." said the man in a heartless manner. The two soldiers nodded as they tried to grab Zakku. Instantly, Zakku dashed forward trying to avoid the soldiers.

"NO!" Zakku screamed as he tried to get away. He looked panic stricken. First Rukuretsia was after him, and now those who had been hunting him had found him. Zakku glanced around knowing he couldn't fight against all of them by himself. "NO...I just want to be Free! That's all I want... Freedom...Freedom! Is that to much to ask for?"

The man laughed as he looked at Zakku. "Freedom? Is anyone truly free, in this world? I'd think not. You are all slaves to your own mortality, and morality. You should thank me for removing one of the barriers such as morality.

"No...I am not a monster like you..." replied Zak as he watched the group of soldiers surround him. "I'm not like you, Uingu... You crazy...Crazy. You know nothing more then how to make people suffer."

Uingu shrugged as he looked at Cerberus, stifling his laughter at Zak's comment. "Don't kill him...But don't leave him unharmed...Barguest...the same. Chimera...Make sure that whoever he was running from dies."

Zakku drew his swords as Cerberus and Barguest charged him. He couldn't win by fighting them in the state he was in. His arms wouldn’t respond as a knee collided with his chest. Barguest’s fist hit him in the face, sending him into a wall. The two of them continued to punch, kick and beat the traitor of the Organization. It was agony as scarlet water hit the walls and the ground.
Zakku went to his knees, his arm across his chest as he coughed. He felt sharp kicks hit his side as he tried to keep close to himself so that they couldn't land bone breaking or organ hits.

"Enough..." said Uingu in a cold voice as Zakku looked up at him. "...Doesn't have to be this way. With a mere pledge of allegiance, the pain will stop."

"You want to use me again...To kill...I don't want to kill...I don't..." Zakku said as blood ran down the side of his face.

Uingu nodded. "Yes...That's right; I want to use you again...but for only one day...The Day of Black Sun."

Zakku laughed, not amused but almost psychotic. "You...You want me to kill the Fire Lord...when he has no power...You...you want me to plunge my sword into his chest..." Zakku said looked at Uingu then spat on his shoe. The spit was red and a clear sign of defiance. "NO! I will not serve you anymore!"

Uingu had finally had enough as he punched Zakku in the face. "You are weak...Love has weakened you. Compassion...remorse...regret...She has to die...That's the only way. Your little friend has to die...Right in front of you even..."

Zakku's eyes changed to a dull look as he lunged forward only to be held back by Barguest and Cerberus. "NO! You won't take another...NO..." Zakku screamed as Cerberus pulled out a flask of poison that Zak knew only too well.

"No... No! NO!!! LET ME GO...You want make me do it...NO." Zakku desperately screamed as he clawed the ground struggling fiercely. He would easily have gotten out at one time, except he had been injured to terribly when he fell from the track, and when he fought Razqel.

Cerberus gritted his teeth. "Restrain him...”

“NO! I won’t do it again! I don’t want to! Let me GO! KANANI!”

Back to top Go down
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Rai Kizi *done* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rai Kizi *done*   Rai Kizi *done* EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:52 am

Approved.
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net

Rai Kizi *done*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Creation :: Characters :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: