The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Communing with the Waterbending Wolf

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

Communing with the Waterbending Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:23 pm

(NOTE: For the duration of this thread, I will be playing the part of Aowaka, the Waterbending Wolf // Areas marked in blue are Kano)

~ October 27th, 80 AOD ~
Northern Earth Kingdom
"I think it's just up here." Kano said, looking around. The area had become quite overgrown. While the wild here was vibrant and green, it was making this all very difficult.

They'd been forcing their way through this brush for quite some time. He now knew why Hakota and the others had elected to remain behind. This was an unforgiving and wild place. What little of the sky they could see through the dense canopy of trees was dominated by the massive mountainside. As he turned past the remnants of a small stone statue, his gaze fell upon an incredible sight.

A statue towered in the clearing they had just entered. It was at least twenty feet tall. It was carving of a great and powerful looking man wearing the robes and vestments of an ancient Water Tribesman. His stone eyes gazed down at a small fountain in the middle of the clearing. Clear, cool water was still flowing up through it from what was in little doubt a spring. All around were the crumbling stone pillars of an ancient building, now overgrown with moss and vines and all manner of other plant. But it was once most assuredly a magnificent structure. Before the Water Tribe built it's homes from ice, it knew many settlements and cities built of stone. Once upon a time, the Earth Kingdom and the Water Tribes were not so separate.

"Wow..." Kano said slowly, looking up into his ancestor's face. "I didn't realize it would be that... big."

Last edited by Kanoei on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera gazed up at the statue for several moments. "well... that is bigger than I expected... although getting here was a pain in my natural brown ass. I still don't see why I couldn't just set it on fire and snuff it out when it got out of hand."

"Still," she craned her neck to get a good look at the massive statue, "I want a statue like that. what did he do that was super-badass and all that, again?"
She ahd come here out of a curious interest mainly, and because spirit interactions were generally cool, even if they beat the shit out of her. Such was how things were.
Mood: Amused
Condition: Normal
Link:

Last edited by Zulera on Mon May 28, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:39 pm

"He helped found the Northern Water Tribe in the north pole." Kano said. "But if you're going to speak directly to him, it's probably better if he told you himself."

In this place of his ancestors, he felt strangely at home. The last remnants of an empire of scholars and philosophers long dead. This was the first time he'd ever laid eyes on stone Water Tribe structures in any condition. He knew they were built by hand, not forged through earthbending. The ancient Water Tribesmen would use their waterbending to carve blocks of granite and marble from quarries and then craftsmen would do all the detail work with hammer and chisel. Once they had moved into the north, ice became a viable building material and stone was abandoned by the tribes forever.

"Well," Kano said finally, taking one last look around. "I think I better let you get to it, eh? I'll try and clear an easier path back to the camp for us. Take your time..."

And with that, he turned and left the clearing. He didn't feel too bad about leaving the place. His people had left this place long ago. It was an important part of his heritage, but it was his past, not his future. Dood Brenger was everyone's future. They had to find a way to defeat him. The sooner he let Zulera search for the answer, the better.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:15 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"please do," Zulera chuckled, "while I doubt many people would complain about the view, I don't want to have to grope my way through the mess of brambles again and get my clothes all torn off."

she then turned back to the statue. "well... I guess I should get started, hmm?"
she sat down, crossing her legs to meditate. it took her a while to traverse the two worlds due to her subpar spirituality, but she eventually made her way in, or so she believed, anyways.
Link:

[isn't to say she didn't or anything though.]
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:59 pm

The illusions of the world melted away and gave to the mist of the nether. The spirit realms surrounded the Avatar and she found herself in an ancient city, deserted yet grand. It's great stone structures were nothing short of breathtaking and everywhere, the crescent moon and waves of the ancient Water Tribe engraved everywhere. This was a memory of the bones of the Water Tribe's past...

The city drifted away as the mist carried her north, across the great waters to icy shores. She was set down on a small cape, a stretch of ice which led out across the water to a field of icebergs. But that wasn't the interest. The interest was the singular figure standing on the ice's edge, peering across the water at a tall wall of ice. It was a memory of the days before the Northern Water Tribe, when the great city of the north had not yet been forged. The ice wall which had become it's nest was still in it's primordial state.

The man stood six feet tall and was dressed in robes of elegant fabric dyed the most subtle and beautiful shades of blue. His gray hair fell to his waist and beyond, as did his beard, though that was not clear from where Zulera had been placed. He seemed to be deep in thought...

(OOC: Sorry. Semi-god-modding. Had to move things along. Aowaka is the speak when spoken to type in general.)
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:58 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

The avatar looked around at her surroundings as they morphed and changed as she was getting transported to some nether region of the spirit world or something. she supposed there was some correlation. the Northern Water Tribe wasn't exactly a close city to any other place, and so perhaps the spirit world was trying to play off of identicals? whatever the case, here she was, and that man in front of her in the distance was probably the one she was looking for.

she didn't know what to say, but she got up and approached him anyways.
"uh... hey." she called out when she was about 15 feet from him, "uhh... hello, I guess?"
she didn't know what to say, and what she HAD said was laughably stupid. whatever the case, it was a start. she didn't really know why she was here, but it'd be a good learning experience, she assumed.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:37 am

"I did not think to meet you, Zulera..." said the man slowly, not turning. He just continued to stare off into the distance. "It is not often such an ancient Avatar is called upon by a spiritual successor so distantly removed..."

He fell silent. In the distant south on the horizon, a shadow grew into a great storm. Lightning struck the air and all beneath it. It was an ominous presence. Yet no sound of it could be heard and the man paid it no attention. He continued to look at the great ice wall, at the very spot that the great city of the north stood in the present.

"Tell me, child," he said finally. "What brings you to this place?"
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera glanced again at her surroundings, not really aware if there was symbolism. at least Aowaka wasn't abusive of her the way Zayon was... and then again, his metaphors went right over her short little head as well. maybe if she stood higher off the ground, they might hit her, but such was not the case here.

when he asked his question, Zulera fell silent for a moment.
"I don't know exactly, to be honest..." She confessed, "I... well, I guess it's just rare that I'm able to talk with spirits at all. I'm not exactly the most spiritual creature out there..."
Mood: Interested
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:32 am

"And yet, here you are." the man said, still not turning. "It is not easy to commune with such an ancient past life. You sell yourself short, young Zulera. You are the first Avatar to speak with me in over nine-hundred years. This is no small feat."

At long last, he turned slowly. His was an aged face, carved, it seemed, of a craggy stone. Once, he had been a handsome man. Yet many years of war and hardship had drawn deep lines in his features, left vicious scars as tokens. He had a beard and mustache which flowed down past his belt and his mane of silvery hair matched. Yet his sapphire blue eyes were strong still and were alive and powerful. They were the eyes he had passed down to his daughter, which she passed to her sons, and they, to their sons for a thousand years. Now, they lived on in Hakano, Tako, Kanoei, and all the other Sons of Aowaka and Daughters of Enama. He wore a somber expression on his face that belied a great sadness...

"You have come here a reason, young one." he said, peering at her benevolently. "Search your soul and you will find it..."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:53 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera looked up at him again, and she sighed to herself. she felt small. she felt inferior. she felt... more or less useless. She had to be one of the worst Avatars of all time.

"I... I am not sure how I of all people managed to do it then." she confessed, "the last time I came here was when a spirit dragged me more or less kicking and screaming. I suppose that when it all boils down... I came here for the same reason any Avatar spirit would--I seek guidance... wisdom of those greater and wiser than me... so basically everyone."

she lowered her head.
Mood: Ashamed
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:09 am

His eyes seemed capable of piercing the strongest steel at that moment, where he looked into hers as though he was gazing upon the page of a book. A powerful bolt of lightning struck down from the sky, striking some point in a far off land under the shadow of the dark clouds in the distance. For the first time, he looked out across the ocean, watching as the bright bolt split the sky. Yet still, there wasn't so much as a sound. The air was still and the sun shone brightly where they stood, tamed only by thin, wispy clouds of white holding back it's blazing rays.

"Avatars are ultimately all failures." he said finally, looking slowly back around at Zulera. "Ours is the task of maintaining justice and curbing the rule of evil. It is a never-ending task in which no Avatar has found true success. Every tyrant brought to their knees by the power of the Avatar only paves the way for the next. Such is the cycle. This is why the spirits pass the power of the Avatars down through the ages. With each Avatar, the incarnations grow more powerful to balance the escalation of the power of those who would make themselves the enemies of the freedoms of all.

"You must understand, young Zulera, that the time has not yet come for you to face your ultimate challenge. The trials of your time are far off, unseen even by your wildest cynicism, your deepest fears, your most inspired foresight. Do not dwell on your shortcomings, for they do not matter. You have the wisdom of countless ages within you. Though you may have squandered it in the past, you need only use it in earnest to find your path..."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:09 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera listened to his words with interest. to her surprise, he was not chastising her as much as she had expected. instead he was actually making her feel a little bit better to know that she wasn't the only failure. before this, she was fine with just accepting that she was going to be a horrible failure of an Avatar, and that's she'd just live her life till whenever it was her time to go, and then that would be the end of her. it'd be a simple process. She wasn't about to end her own life for the good of all humanity or anything--they weren't worth it. but... she wasn't exactly all that keen to try and live as long as possible. it was simply a matter of not caring.

"well." she started, but didn't really know how to respond in front of such an imposing figure, "uhh... so how do I know that I've become more powerful than my previous incarnations? I mean, every 3rd guy I fight kicks my ass. I don't exactly feel skilled, or really that powerful. how... uh, how exactly do I access this wisdom of ages?"

spirituality was never Zulera's strong suit. She knew this, and figured that this was part of the problem and therefore the answer. however, perhaps she could get a little insight on how she was supposed to tap into this spiritual side of her that really didn't exist very much.
Mood: Ashamed
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:51 am

"The wise man does not seek war and thus does not judge himself by his ability to conduct it, Young Avatar." Aowaka said serenely. "You must learn to shape the hearts and minds of those around you without the use of force. For victory through force is hollow and fragile, it does not endure and begets only more violence."

Blasts of lightning as brilliant as the sun struck down in the distance, lighting the horizon to the south. Silence remained, yet the furious downpour of energy continued relentlessly, striking at the earth vengefully. It was as terrifying as it was beautiful, yet to look at it was nothing but sorrow...

"In my time," Aowaka continued, watching the display of dancing lightning. "I led my people from slaughter, from the City of Blue Stone to this place of cold and ice. For generations, we lived in peace with our brothers and sisters of the Earth Kingdom. Side by side, we uncovered the mysteries of the universe. But Bao the Destroyer, a ruthless and tyrannical leader of the Earth Kingdom of the old world came to power. He conquered the Blue City and drove us from our homes. He chased us across the seas and burned all that was left of us in his realm. If it were not for the spirits themselves, all that we were would have been lost. In the North we found the protection of the cold, a cold which no Earth Kingdom army could endure.

"I tell you this tale because I want you to understand, Young Avatar. I could have saved the City of Blue Stone. I could have destroyed Bao and removed the Earth Kingdom from this world forever. Such was the scale of my power. But I chose the exodus. I chose it because to fight is to fight forever. With the first blood spilled, the chain of violence is forged. It shall never be undone. Bao swept across the lands like a plague. Yet in the end, he died on the field of battle, fighting yet another enemy in a long line of enemies that started with us. We, who were his greatest allies.

"Young Zulera, Avatar of Water, I tell you this as your truest kin -- Once violence begins... it never ends. Even the the great spirits do not dare to engage in it, for it is treacherous."

He looked around at Zulera slowly. He began moving around her slowly, though he wasn't looking at her. He was considering something, it seemed, carefully.

"Dood Brenger," he said finally. "Your goal is no easy task. He cannot be defeated in the world of the spirits without the aid of a being far more powerful than the Avatar has ever or shall ever be. You need one of the three..."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:15 am

[couldn't pass up the Zelda reference]

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera listened quietly. it was times like this that she felt inferior, both in her power, wisdom, and even courage. could she have stopped the Brief but Bloody War? could she have stopped the Conspiracies of the North? could she still stop the War of Tipped Scales?

she decide to voice that. "then what about all these wars? could I have stopped them it I wasn't so... negligent?"
maybe that wasn't the right word, but the waterbending wolf surely knew what she was trying to get at. it wasn't hard to see that Zulera's overall job performance as Avatar was basically shit in a basket.

"one of the three?" she asked when he had finished. "one of the three what?"
she had heard of Dood Brenger and knew that he was no cakewalk. those he approached were usually poor souls who became slaves to his will or faced his might.
"and for that matter... where and how do I start?"
her curiosity had her asking questions fairly often, but this time, it was from sheer ignorance of what to do.
Mood: Uneasy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:08 am

"The three are those who remain." Aowaka said simply. "Many great spirits existed at the beginning. In the great time since, most have become a part of your realm, though you would not know them to look at them. One took the form of a great tree hidden amongst many others. Two took the form of koi fish and reside in the north. One even formed itself into a cloud which ever floats upon the wind, unknown but all wise. These were the great spirits. Only three remain in the spirit plain.

"Panya, the Void. She is the greatest of the old spirits. But she will not help you. Ohm, of Ignorance. He is weak, but wise... He cannot aid you. There is only one who can help you. Heita, the Great Wolf. He is lord of cold and ice. Once, he aided me in destroying a great evil. He will aid you... for a price. It may not be one you are willing to pay..."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 6:38 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera sighed. "so I'm hopeless by myself, and have to pay someone's price if I want to prevent myself from falling into imminent destruction? well... what *is* his price, and what do I have to do?"

she didn't like the idea of this at all, but she'd at least hear out what the price was. if nothing else, it would be to satisfy her curiosity.
"No wonder I hate spirits..." she mused to herself, "especially if they're assholes like Zayon. they're all just a bunch of manipulative exploitative bastards... maybe I should die just so I can join those ranks."

and yet here she was, somewhat humbled, and waiting for an answer. she was starting to wonder just how much hinged upon her decision, and she wondered ig she'd be able to even do it or not.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:38 am

"He would ask much of you." Aowaka said bluntly. "When I came to him a thousand years or more ago, he demanded the fealty of my bloodline. For this reason... my descendants serve him still. Though he is a just patron by, he is a demanding one. He will no doubt ask for more from you, though. This task you would have him do is no easy one. Even for the Great Wolf, Dood's destruction will be taxing..."

He considered briefly.

"I gave him my blood. He will want more this time. No doubt, he will ask for the servitude of not only you and your kin, but also that of the Avatar spirit. I know his mind well enough to assure you of that. Yet even for the destruction of Dood, this is not a fair price... You must find another way. I know of one who may know the path, but he will not be easy to convince. But, of course... yours has been a path of difficulties, has it not?"
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:04 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera cringed. "well... that is a hefty price to pay indeed." she shuddered, "I cannot force any more people into servitude for a need or want that I did... most importantly, I can't sacrifice my freedom for something like that."

not exactly the best order of priorities, but such was the way Zulera was.
"you know of another?" she exclaimed, "who?"
she paused when he mentioned that hers had been one of difficulty. it had seemed that way, but perhaps that was just from the destruction that had come in the wake of her neglect to her duties. either way, for some reason, he made it painful to think about.

"aye," he replied, "So who is this other, and how do I contact him?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:53 pm

"You must go to the Wolves of the North." Aowaka said. "They care for an ancient relic, a shield made from the shell of a great beast. It will guide you to the island which does not cease. There, you shall find the great master who can tell you what Heita most desires. It is for this reason that he makes those he helps swear their blood to him. He has searched for it since the dawn of time, yet only he who you must find knows what it is.

"Find the eternal island and you shall find your answers..."

He turned away from her and all around began to fade and blur. She was pulled backward and all turned black. A moment later, she found herself sitting back in the clearing before the statue of Aowaka...

(OOC: Kano will enter the clearing in a moment.)
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 am

[OOC--and here I was expecting to hear Zayon's name. xD]

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera's questions didn't exactly all get answered, but it seemed that she was being dragged back to the real world before she could ask them.

"wait!" she shouted, "the who? the where? whaaaaaat?"
but it was too late. soon she was back in the physical world, which seemed oddly quiet in comparison to what she was just in. it was quiet, and she was alone.

"dammit." she muttered.

Link:

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Kano arrived back at the clearing just in time to hear Zulera swear. He'd spent a good twenty minutes clearing a path. He was surprised that she was back already. Somehow, he expected it to take longer than that.

"You're back?" he said, looking around at her and moving slowly toward her. His steps were uncertain. He wasn't sure whether or not he should approach. "What did Aowaka say?"

He was probably more eager than anyone to hear her story. This was, after all, his ancient ancestor, the Waterbending Wolf. There weren't many records of his words or teachings outside the techniques handed down through the Aowaka Style. It was difficult not knowing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Communing with the Waterbending Wolf   Communing with the Waterbending Wolf Empty

Back to top Go down

Communing with the Waterbending Wolf
Page 1 of 1