The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some R&R in the Homeland

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

EXP : 2408
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Travelling Circus Member
Nation: Air Temples

Some R&R in the Homeland Empty
PostSubject: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:28 am

Some R&R in the Homeland Airbendergirl2g
Matsu laughed as she walked along, holding hands with a little girl, her other hand holding a woven basket atop her head. The woven basket was full of vegetables and fruits, even some meat. The girl was skinny, too skinny. It was obvious that she and her mother were having a hard time getting by. Her mother was Mrs. Li, a nice woman who was widowed earlier in the year by a horrible fall in the Great Divide. She was pregnant, almost eight months now, and both Mrs. Li and her daughter, Semwa, were starving. Semwa was busy telling her about how a boy had fallen in the mud at her school, her eyes full of a light that Matsu had not seen in months. They soon arrived at Semwa's small house in the poorer districts of Makapu Village, a coastal village in the Earth Kingdom, often visited by travelers.

She knocked on the door, and Mrs. Li's weak voice called out, "Enter." Matsu did so, entering the two room hut. The living room was paired with the kitchen, only a small bedroom in the back. Matsu knew this because she had been here many times before. In fact, she had been in the homes of most of the people in the poor districts, as she often bought them food and supplies. She and her family visited two months out of the year, in the fall, taking it as a 'resting' period before having to deal with trudging around the world when it was cold out.

"Hello, Mrs. Staran. How are you this afternoon?" Matsu asked politely as Mrs. Li was busying herself in the kitchen, finding a bit of rice here, a few beans there. She looked up as Matsu spoke, and then noted the basket atop Matsu's head. Her eyes instantly welled up with tears. "Oh, you blessed girl!" she said, her voice thick with emotion. Matsu smiled at her, her usually hyper mood calmed when she was helping those in the place she loved most--home. Mrs. Li pulled her into a tight hug as Semwa pulled the different foods out of the basket. When she got to the bottom, she exclaimed happily, "Momma, look! She got us sweets, too!" Semwa ran to hug Matsu, and Matsu laughed as Mrs. Li examined all of the food Matsu had brought them with wide eyes. "Oh, it is too much, beautiful child, we can't accept this. I'll never be able to repay you," Mrs. Li said. Matsu waved it off and told her it was the least she could do for them.

With that, she let them know that she couldn't stay very long, and said her farewells, reminding Semwa to eat her vegetables. Semwa pouted, but Matsu tickled her, and then was gone. She walked through the streets of the poorer districts of Makapu Village, all of the citizens smiling and waving at her, or asking her how she was doing. She smiled back at all of them, and answered their questions fine. If she saw someone who was looking a little run down, she made a mental note to bring them a wonderful breakfast in the morn. But for now, it was time for training.

She headed to the fields, passing occasional farmers who did just as the other citizens, smiling and waving at her. She smiled and waved back, and even airbended some rice off of a rice plant that a child was trying to help his mother with. She loved her home, Mt. Makapu always making her feel safe--which it was. During the Hundred Year War, Makapu Village remained completely untouched. It was just too hard to get there.

She finally came to the end of the fields, near the border of the village, and headed up a trail that went to a nice, flat area near the base of Mt. Makapu. It was here that she had trained as a child, airbender or circus performer, it didn't matter. She set out in her usual stance, practicing first the stances of airbending, then the motions, then finally with the air. She did this everyday, and while it wasn't rigorous activity, she usually ended up pretty sweaty afterwards, before even starting her circus training.

Two hours later and she was drenched in sweat, her motions now tired. She then sat down in the soft grass and meditated for another forty-five minutes, floating slightly above the ground. When she finished with this, her heart rate was normal again and her body no longer tired from her airbending training. She stood then, and began stretching. Today, she'd work on the contortionist part of her act. She worked on a different part everyday, to keep the training exciting, and since she didn't have her trapeze equipment up on the mountain and didn't want to go back to the training tent her family had set up, she chose cotortionism. She had done her tight rope exercises yesterday, her acrobatics the day before. She took deep breaths, then worked on stretching some more. She spent forty-five minutes stretching her body out, then began the real workout. It started with one leg behind her head, then the other, then her arms in a position held tightly against her chest. The end result? She looked exactly like a box.

An hour later and she was exhausted. She lay in the grass for a few minutes before heading back down. By this time, her mother was a little worried about her, as her training had taken a half hour longer than usual. Normally, it only took 4 hours. Today, she'd spent four and a half, and when she got to the house that had once belonged to her grandfather before he passed, her mother chided her for taking so long. She apologized and then went and got the metal tub out from inside a kitchen cabinet and took it to the washroom, where the metal floor was filled with tiny holes to let water drain out. She plunked the tub on the ground there, then went and boiled some water. Once this was done, she dumped it into the tub, added a small amount of cold so she didn't burn herself, and stripped out of her clothes. She eased her aching body into the tub, relaxing for a few minutes before grabbing a cloth and beginning to wipe the sweat from her body.

Twenty minutes later, she was in fresh clothes and out on the street again, lounging about in the market, eating an apple while chatting with an old friend of hers, Talsan. The young man was secretly in love with Matsu, but sadly, she showed no interest. All she ever talked of was airbending and circus acts, or when she wasn't talking of those, she nearly killed him with her studies on mathematics and philosophy. His hand rested casually on hers, but she didn't even seem to notice. He wished that she'd acknowledge that she was beautiful for once, because he was sick of the richer boys in Makapu looking at her with interest, and she couldn't even care less. She flipped her braid over her shoulder, tossing her apple into the trash, letting him know that it was near dinnertime and that she would have to help her mother prepare dinner for all of the members of the Pasang Travelling Circus. He offered to go with her and help them with the cooking, and so she smiled and they walked through the street together, Matsu laughing here and there at his funny comments.
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

EXP : 5225

Character Description
Position: bender
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:52 am

Rin smiled up at the sun as she entered the Makapu village. As she looked around, Rin couldn't help but think of her home village. Like hers, The villiage was small, but tight knit, it seemed that everyone new everyone, and there was a sence of welcomeing and belonging in the atmosphere. Some of the villiagers stoped to look at Rin, her old red pants and worn scarlet crop top made her stick out like a saw thumb.

Feeling suddenly self conious, she looked at her feet as she walked, her long ebony hair acting as a curtain, hiding her pretty face.

Rin had traveled from the fire nation captial, to ember island, all the way through the earth kingdom to this little village. Tired and Hungry, she scanned the place for a inn or food stall, so far, no such luck.

Rin amber eyes sparkled with relief as she saw to young people walking side by side down the street. Maybe they knew of a good place to stay?. One of the two youths was a young woman with a brown braid coming down one shoulder, the other was a young man, clearly trying to win the girl over with some jokes. Rin rolled her eyes, love pfft! only given to the beautiful.

Rin walked up to the girl and smiled, "Ah, exuse me, I was wondering if you lived around here? I'm just passing through and I was hopeing you may know of a place I could stay?" She asked poiltly. Her voice calm and soothing, with a slight proud tone.
Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:21 am

Matsu skipped and cartwheeled down the marketplace road, slightly ahead of Talsan but never staying out of earshot. When they neared the residential area, however, she took Talsan's hand to comfort herself. He was her best friend, her life long friend. Nothing about this was meant in any sexual way possible, she simply didn't feel that way about him. Oh, she noticed his stares occasionally, or the way he always seemed so eager to help her, but only because it stood out slightly more than all the rest of the boys.

He said something playful, bringing up old memories of when they were kids and he used to throw mud at her. She'd always airbend it right back at him, hitting him right in the face everytime. She nudged her shoulder against his arm, being three to four inches shorter than him, and he laughed and nudged her back, throwing her off balance and causing her to step to the side of the road. She came back at him, and he ended up almost smacking his head on a wall. She laughed at this and he chuckled with her.

They continued in this manner, shoving each other playfully or punching each other, or Matsu airbending him off his feet and plopping him right onto his butt, but eventually came to walk together side by side, as they normally did, Talsan going through memories with her when she didn't have to travel around with her family. Oh, sure, she'd been taught her circus ways practically since she could smile, but she didn't always have to be away from home. She missed it so much sometimes that it hurt.

She then noticed a girl with black hair and bright amber eyes walking towards them. Not a suspicious person at heart, Matsu immediately smiled at the girl, but Talsan's eyes hardened. The girl looked to be in her late teens, seventeen or eighteen, perhaps nineteen although her face was a bit too youthful, and she was dressed in worn red clothing. She also looked a bit hungry and tired.

"Ah, exuse me, I was wondering if you lived around here? I'm just passing through and I was hoping you may know of a place I could stay?" the girl said, stopping in front of the two friends. Matsu immediately smiled and turned to Talsan.

"Tal-Tal?" she asked in her prettiest voice, the one she reserved only for when she needed something done. He looked at her expectantly for a second, half-knowing what she was going to say next. His brown eyes then flitted back to the girl, cold and hard. Matsu hardly noticed, though, she was so excited that she performed a small pirouette. "Will you pretty please tell my mom that I'll be late for supper? Please? Could you just let her know that I'm helping a traveler?" she asked, her voice having a slight begging tone to it.

Talsan sighed, not wanting to leave Matsu alone with the strange young woman, but decided that if he protested, he'd only offend what looked to be Matsu's newest friend. "Alright, fine. But you owe me, big time," he grumbled. Matsu squealed happily and then kissed his cheek, making him blush a deep red before he jogged off in the direction of Matsu's house. She then turned to the girl.

"Hi! My name's Matsu, airbender and Pasang Travelling Circus performer! And yes, I live around here, it's my favorite place in the world! And of course I know of a place you could stay, but you look like you're hungry! The Pai Sho Tea Shop is just around the corner, and they serve the best veggie stew you could imagine! And noddles! They have great noodles!" she said excitedly. Dinner could wait, she wanted to know all about this traveler. It'd been a while since she'd had one come through during fall, as most didn't travel before winter.

"So what's your name?"
she inquired eagerly, floating slightly above the ground because when she was excited, she did it naturally. "And what brings you here? Oh, and you can stay at my house tonight if you want a place to sleep. There are a few inns, but sometimes people don't take kindly to...." Matsu trailed off then, knowing that she shouldn't say anything more.
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 am

Rin smiled warmly at the young woman, over joyed and relieved that she appeared to be friendly, But her male companion, was not as welcomeing. He had shot Rin some cold harsh looks, either because he was suspious of her, a stranger, which she didn't blame him for. On the other hand, his looks could be the result of hatred of Rin's nation of orgin.

Rin glared at the young man, she opened her mouth to say something but closed it, shocked by the young woman's sudden excited pirouette. Rin couldn't help but smile a little at the young man, who the the young woman affectionately called Tal-Tal. He seemed to have no will power when it come to his female friend.

Rin was surprized by girls joyful introduction,"Hi! My name's Matsu, airbender and Pasang Travelling Circus performer! And yes, I live around here, it's my favorite place in the world! And of course I know of a place you could stay, but you look like you're hungry! The Pai Sho Tea Shop is just around the corner, and they serve the best veggie stew you could imagine! And noddles! They have great noodles!" Matsu had said excitedly.

Rin smiled, still happy about Matsu's welcoming spirit. After some comments she had head, it was very nice. "Nice to meet you! I'm Rin, I'm kinda just passing through" She laughed, Matsu's cheerfulness rubbing of on her.

Rin's joy ceased as she heard what Matsu had said about the inns. Rin sighed sadly, pushing back her dark hair. Rin noticed Matsu had trailed off, hopeing she wasn't upset, she asked "You alright? It's okay, I understand about the inns..." She shot Matsu a brillent smile "And I would love to stay with you, if your family don't mind! sounds fun!"
Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Matsu's slight pause forgotten, she smiled and waved as Talsan had paused and was now staring at them. He waved back half-heartedly, then continued on his way, and when Rin said that she'd like to stay at Matsu's house, Matsu practically exploded.

"SLUMBER PARTY!" Matsu shrieked, then jumped happily into the air, using her airbending to twirl herself up high into the sky and then releasing a bunch of compressed air under her as she fell back to the ground, the compressed air acting as a pillow. She landed on the ground, grinning so big that it looked like her face hurt. "Well, come on! Shanlei doesn't like working past midafternoon!" she said, automatically assuming that Rin would know who Shanlei was.

Shanlei was a waitress at the Pai Sho Tea Shop, the only worker, in fact. She was pretty...if you didn't look at the right side of her entire body. Matsu didn't think twice about bringing a girl who looked a little Fire Nation to the Tea Shop, but Shanlei was a girl who had been burnt by a firebender every day of her life--to teach her pain tolerance. That firebender was none other than her twisted uncle, and since the day that she escaped such horrible treatment, she vowed never to even look at another firebender.

Matsu grabbed Rin's hand, not thinking anything of it, and began pulling her along the road. "You know, you look like you're a Fire Nation girl! We have some Fire Nation people in our circus, they breathe the fire and make it twirl and dance and stuff! It's soooo pretty! You should come by our practice tent tomorrow, I can show you around! Oh, you could join the Circus! We could do an act together, "The Amazing Talents of Firey Rin and Breezy Matsu!"" Matsu ran on excitedly, her hands making an arching motion as she suggested the name for a possible act for the two to do.

She didn't wait for Rin to reply as the Tea Shop came into site. She simply kept pulling Rin along and pulled the door open, practically tossing Rin inside and following after her. "SSSHHHHAAAAANNNNNLLLLLEEEIIIIII!" she yelled, and the people sitting and drinking tea inside all laughed at her. It was apparent that no one in the village could possibly get mad at Matsu. She was simply too lovable.

Shanlei came bustling through the kitchen door, laughing, the left side of her face alight with happiness. The right side, though, was red and marred, and was pretty much paralyzed. Her right eyelid dropped over her eye, and her mouth was formed into a permanent frown. But Matsu hardly ever noticed Shanlei's right side, she always thought Shanlei was gorgeous because she was such a good person.

"Well, Matsu, I would assume that you would be home right now having supper!" Shanlei said, her voice slightly scolding. Shanlei was about ten years older than Matsu, thirty-three, and was married with one child and another on the way. She patted her round belly happily, then kissed Matsu's cheek. "I'm glad to see you though, dear. It's been a while since you've come 'round," she smiled. "I heard that you took Mrs. Li some food today. How thoughtful of you," she continued.

"How'd ya know about that?" Matsu asked with a grin. "We expecting mothers keep in close touch," Shanlei replied with a smile before her one good eye wandered over to Rin--and the happy expression alighting the left side stopped, her mouth frowning to match the right side.

"Can I get you a table, Itamatsu?" Shanlei asked coldly before turning on her heel and showing them to a table before going to take an order at another table. Matsu didn't notice the change in Shanlei until she called her by her full name, but she only pondered at this for a second before looking at Rin with excitement written all over her face.

"So, how long do you want to stay in Makapu? We're all really a friendly bunch, Matsu grinned. Matsu was slightly mistaken in that statement, though. They were a friendly bunch--to everyone but Fire Nation. Which really made no sense, since Makapu was untouched by the Hundred Year War. But enough refugees had come to the small farming village with tales of torture and horror that it was forever a stain on the heart of Makapu. And poor Matsu was blissfully unaware that no one was very happy to see Rin there.
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 am

Rin laughed, this girl was full of engry! when Matsu mentioned Shanlei, she didn't really know what Matsu was talking about, but she went along with it, not wanting to offend her new friend.

"Woah!" Rin gasped as Matsu began tugging her along the roa rumbling on about the cirus. Suprizingly, Rin thought she wouldn't mind going to a show, since she had never been to a cirus before.

As she was pulled into the shop, the intoxicating smell of hot tea drowned her sence of smell. Rin loved tea, it was like the fire nation's national drink! She breathed in the smell, and smiled slightly. Rin's thoughts were interputed as Matsu yelled at the top of her lungs "SSSHHHHAAAAANNNNNLLLLLEEEIIIIII!". Rin noticed the other customers were laughing at Matsu, not in a harmful way, but as you would laugh at a funny family member.

Rin heard the crash of a door opening, and saw a woman emurged, one side of her body completely covered in horrifying burns. Rin, suprizingly, was not at all bothered by it, living in the fire nation, burns were very common, infact, it was odd if you didn't have at least one! Rin watched in silence as Matsu talked with the woman, untill she felt Shanlei's harsh look, tenion building. She tried to ignore it, and she answered Matsu's question. "Maybe just for tonight..." She said, a small tone of reget, she thought it would be best for her to leave quickly, as this town was looking less friendly by the minute. Evereyone except Matsu seemed to hate her bacause of what her leaders did years ago!
Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 am

Matsu notice the regret in Rin's voice, and finally understood that the people in her village weren't being very friendly. Well, she wasn't one to just sit there and let something happen to her new best friend! She stood up on the table, shouting at the top of her lungs: "HEY! HEY EVERYBODY!"

Everyone in the tea shop shut up instantly, looking intently at her. Some people from outside even came in for a moment, seeing what the ruckus was about. Matsu shouting was nothing new, but it was the way she was saying it. Because she wasn't happy. She was MAD. At this moment, her head was unusually unclouded, and her vast stores of knowledge that she kept hidden behind the joyful haze made an appearance.

"THIS IS RIN, A GIRL OBVIOUSLY FROM THE FIRE NATION. AND YOU ARE ALL TREATING HER LIKE SHE'S A CRIMINAL! SHE DID NOTHING WRONG TO YOU, NOT EVER, AND YOU'RE PERSECUTING HER FOR SOMETHING THAT HER NATION'S LEADERS DID DECADES AGO! WE WEREN'T EVEN AFFECTED BY THE WAR! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE HER, OR TO STARE AT HER CRUELLY! SHE'S WONDERFUL AND SWEET, SO TREAT HER THE WAY SHE DESERVES TO BE TREATED, OR YOU'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH ME! GOT IT?! Matsu practically screamed.

There was quite a crowd of people pooling at the door to the tea shop, and with a harrumph! she sat down with a plop, an unhappy expression painting her pretty features. Which was strange for everyone, especially her.

She then turned to her friend Rin, smiling sheepishly and apologizing for her outbreak. "Everyone's usually really nice, you know. I didn't realize that they were so..prejudiced against Fire Nation. Of course, assuming that you're Fire Nation. I hope I didn't get that wrong, I'd just assumed, what with your long dark hair and your amber eyes and the red clothing, I didn't mean to offend you or anything..." Matsu trailed off again, feeling a bit of a fool.

She looked around the Tea Shop. Everyone was still staring at her with their mouths agape. "Oh, go back to your tea, I've got nothing more to say," she grumbled. She normally didn't grumble or moan or get mad like that, but nothing angered her more than when someone was being unfair to another person. Especially if that person was her friend.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:38 am

Rin looked up at Matsu, surprised at her sudden yelling. But Rin just smiled to herself, she was getting used to Matsu's spontaneous behavior. Rin looked around everyone was silent, she even noticed some people coming inside to see what Matsu was yelling about.

Rin looked up at her new friend, shocked by her sudden change of mood. Matsu looked angry... very angry indeed. As Rin listened to Matsu's speech, she smiled. For the first time in her travels of the earth kingdom, someone was sticking up for her. Sure, Matsu looked enraged, but it was the thought that counts.

Rin laughed at Matsu's sheepish grin, Rin was so pleased! "No no! You are right! I'm Fire Nation! And you haven't offeneded me at all! In fact, you have made me happy! Really happy! You are the first person in my travels around the Earth Kingdom to stand up for me like that! And because of that, I am forever grateful!" Rin's smile widened and she hugged Matsu, glad she had found a friend in the Earth Kingdom.
Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Matsu grinned at Rin, and when she was hugged, she was slightly surprised, but happy. She hugged her back, squeezing tightly and smiling happily. When they pulled away, she motioned for Shanlei to come over and take her order.

"Look, honey, I'm sorry about giving you the cold shoulder, I don't mean it personal or anythin'. I've just got some bad history, that's all," Shanlei said, motioning to the right side of her visage. Before Rin replied, Matsu smiled at Shanlei and got up, hugging her too."I'm sure she understands," Matsu said, then let go of Shanlei and sat down again.

"Alright, well, fire girl, whatever you order today will be on me," Shanlei said, apology written across the side of her face the could still express emotion. "She's never been here! I'll order for ya, Rin, ol' buddy ol' pal!" Matsu said happily, not realizing that she kept cutting across Rin.

"Well, ya like spicy food, right? Okay, well, spicy noodles are a must, then. And, uh, tea and rice." Matsu grinned then, looking at Rin as Shanlei walked away. If Rin wanted anything else, she'd have to signal Shanlei herself and let her know so.

"Well, you should probably eat quickly, since Ma's busy making food and I'm late for supper, and if we wait too long, then Mother will make me go to sleep without the slumber party!" Matsu said, gasping overdramatically at the thought of not having said slumber party. "Oh, and my mom's name is Pei Zhi. And Tal will probably be there, along with the rest of the circus! I hope you aren't shy!" Matsu said, grinning from ear to ear, her gray eyes shining in the light.

OOC: Sorry for the short post....XD
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Rin smiled at Shanlei, she could understand. She was about to open her mouth to say that it was fine, when Matsu cut across her.

Rin didn't mind, she was to tired to speak, She slumped down into the chair and letting out a sigh of relief. Her feet ached from walking and she could bearly keep a simple flame going. Rin almost drooled at the thought of spicey noodles, her stomach growling, demand ing food. Rin blushed, quickly putting her hands over her mid rim, hoping no one heard.

Rin nodded at Matsu's instructions, then laughed at Matsu's melodramatic show. Rin also laughed at Matsu's question about being shy, THAT was the LAST thing she was. Rin was actually getting excited about meeting the rest of the circus, then she smirked mischiviously when she remembered the young man Matsu called 'Tal-Tal'. "Soooo...Matsu....you know your little friend 'Tal-Tal' likes you right?" She countined to smirk, moving her eyebrows up and down.
Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Rin's food arrived, Shalei setting it down in front of her before toddling off to help some other people. Matsu was grinning from ear to ear, hoping Rin liked the food, since this was her favorite place to eat in the whole world! "Soooo...Matsu....you know your little friend 'Tal-Tal' likes you right?" Rin suddenly said, and Matsu turned a deep shade of pink. "Nah, he's into some other girl who won't give him the time of day. An earthbender from a rich family, or something," she said, slightly mumbling, a little embarrassed at the thought.

She just wasn't Talsan's type. "His name's Talsan. I just call him Tal-Tal, since that was his nickname when we were younger. It's a little joke we have going on," she said with a grin before motioning to the food for Rin to eat, floating in her seat because she was excited for Rin to meet her circus family.
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Rin raised her eye brow at Matsu, grinning mischivously. "wouldn't give him the time of day huh? hmmm..." She said, smirking. Rin found it very funny that Matsu didn't even suspect that talsan had a crush on her, when it was so very, utterly, obvious.

Rin looked downb at her plate and her stomach gave a loud growl. The food looked wonderful. Before she could even remember table mannors, she dug in like a flying lemur to nutberrys.
Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:00 pm

Matsu happily saw that Rin liked the food, and Shanlei passed their table, asking how the food was. Matsu gave her a thumbs up, before helping her with a tray because it looked heavy. When done helping, she went and sat back down across from Rin, looking quite over the moon.

An older gent came by to tip his hat in Rin's direction, who was eating quite happily, and ask Matsu about her mother. "Oh, she's doing wonderfully! Why do you ask?" Matsu said with a large smile. The elder man simply said it was not oft that he saw Pei Zhi, and Matsu thought nothing else of it. She smiled at the man, bought him a cup of tea, and off he was to play a game of Pai Sho.

She then turned back to Rin, and waited for her to be finished, staring out a window daydreaming about a world where guys didn't just call her circus freak. So many years of travelling and being an outcast; well, the happy haze around her protected her, but she understood how Rin felt. She thought about Talsan a little too, but the thought was just too weird. Besides...she didn't think she'd ever be able to fall in love. It wasn't a matter of the fact that she was incapable, but simply that she wouldn't appeal to someone. She was too childlike; no man wants to babysit his wife. She then looked at Rin with a small smile, awaiting what would happen next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some R&R in the Homeland   Some R&R in the Homeland Empty

Back to top Go down

Some R&R in the Homeland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Earth Kingdom :: Makapu Village-
Jump to: