The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Blue Palace

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:02 pm

"So, as you can see, our fleets are arrayed strategically to answer an attack from the Earth Kingdom." General Dokoa was explaining, indicating the large, circular map laden with so many figurines representing so many armies and fleets spread across the world by four great powers. This war council was now well into it's second hour and Kano was rapt with attention.

"I'm not worried about an attack from the Earth Kingdom." he said finally, examining the board.

"With all due respect, Prince Kanoei." Dokoa said, using the title Kano would carry for exactly one week more. He would go through the trials after that and officially become chief. "We are allies of the Fire Nation and they are at odds with the Earth Kingdom. Should war break out, we would be expected to aid our allies. The Earth Kingdom would expect nothing less. They would attack us preemptively. We must be prepared."

"I understand your concern, General, but the Fire Nation can fight its own battles without us, and I know the diligence of the Earth Kingdom commanders first hand." Kano said. "They would not attack us unless we show intent to aid the Fire Nation."

"Let us leave this briefing for now." said Kano's grandfather, Hakano. He was technically the chair of the council still. A runner had brought him news. It hadn't drawn much attention until he spoke up. As the generals stood and left, Hakano approached Kano.

"What is it?" Kano asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It seems a young woman is waiting in the Throne Hall for you." Hakano said, wearing something of a grin.

"..." Kano just stared at him.

~~~~~
Kano descended the stairs into the Throne Hall some five minutes later, looking around. The huge hall of ice, supported by magnificent carved columns and a majestic domed ceiling seemed at first to be completely empty. And then his eyes fell on a certain individual he'd not seen in a few days at least. She'd been about town for quite some time now.

"Rin?" Kano said slowly, walking out into the center of the hall to greet her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

EXP : 5225

Character Description
Position: bender
Nation: Fire Nation

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Rin smiled warmly as she saw Kano appear, still unsure if she should be here. He was kind to her even after Rengshi's outburst, and he saved her butt in the docks. In truth, she found in her travels few people were actually that nice to her, they all seemed to give her the same harsh glares, the same cold looks, all because of where she was born.

She had orginally came to she Kano so she could say sorry to him on Rengshi's behalf, well...that was her exuse anyway. In all honestly, she enjoyed hanging out with him, even if they were to completely different people. She was even disapionted when he left the frozen phenoix. Rin had know idea why she loved his company so much, she just did.

Rin shot Kano a dazzling smile and waves weakly "Ah, Hey Kano..."
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:52 pm

Kano smiled pleasantly, though it was more a diplomatic gesture than a genuine emotion. It wasn't that he wasn't pleased to see her. In fact, she had a certain air of mystery about her that would interest just about anyone. However, it was a little confusing, all things considered. What was she even there for?

Not that he was complaining. General Dokoa was a stubborn and repetitive old fool. He was more paranoid than he was prolific. He'd been fighting the Earth Kingdom so long, he couldn't see any other enemies but them. Kano had half a mind to relieve him as his first order of business as chief. But all that was just a backdrop for being happy of a few minutes respite from that rather frustrating War Council.

"Uh, it's nice to see you." Kano said, looking around in a half-covert fashion for some sign of her friend, the Earth Kingdom kid, Rangsho? Rengsha? Robobo? Whatever. "Where's your friend?"
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Rin's smile faded quickly and she shrugged looking away at Kano's question. "I have no idea...I haven't seen him all day." she said simply, as if it was nothing, but it was clear in her amber eyes that it was bothering her alot. "I actually came here to say sorry about Rengshi's behaviour, it was uncalled for and silly, And I hope you didn't take offence to it at all..." She said, looking back at Kano. "I didn't inturpt anything important, did I?"

Rin was unsure about what to do now, she was tanding there like an idiot, arms crossed akwardly, her pretty face turning a light shade of pink. She studied Kano, her strnage golden eyes flickering across his face. It was still hard for her to believe that someone so young had so much power. As she studied him more, she decided he was kind of hansome too...What? she didn't just think that did she? she shook the thought from her mind.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:32 am

"Nothing that couldn't stand to be interrupted." he smiled. "Please, come in."

He gestured for her to follow him into an adjacent chamber, a ready room of sorts for the chief. It was an office that had some fine furniture given to the Northern Chief by the 38th Earth King many years ago. He took a seat in one of the chairs next to the fireplace and indicated that Rin could do the same if she so wished.

"As to that business with your friend, Rengshi, was it?" Kano said with a sigh. "It's all in the past now, albeit the recent past. These sorts of things happen. It's no great inconvenience. The worst that could be said of it is that I suffered a few moments of discomfort. If I wasn't used to that by now, I'd be in some serious trouble."

He chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:51 am

Rin followed Kano into the chamber, admiring the furniture as she walked in. It looked old and elegant, she gently touched it as she walked past. Rin watched as Kano took a seat and he gestured for her to do the same, so she did. Rin took seat next to him on the other side of the fire place, disapionted it wasn't alight.

Rin laughed lightly, though she was not going to let it slide that easy, it irritated her alot that Rengshi had done something so rash, but then again, he wasn't in her good books lately.

"Personally, I am surprized by how...mature you are being about this...about everything!" She smiled "To be perfectly honest, sometimes I forget how young you are. Not that is a bad thing, it is just...amazing you can basically run a place at such a young age." She said, the honestly leaking from her voice. Rin did find it extremely amazing he can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:24 pm

"Ha ha!" Kano couldn't help but laugh at that. The suggestion was absurd to him, though he pretty quickly brought it under control. It was funny to him because he knew better. But to her, it undoubtedly looked as though he was laughing in her face for no good reason. "I? I don't run anything. Well, yet. You might say I'm in training for the job. My grandfather is the sitting Regent until I'm declared chief. As it stands, my only real authority is being able to sit in on meetings to do with the governance of the state."

He stood and walked over to a small bar in the corner. The finest of every hard liquor under the sun could be found in it's cabinet. However, Kano simply poured himself a glass from a silver pitcher standing on the bar's counter. It was plain old water.

"Would you care for something to drink?" he asked, looking around at Rin while gesturing at a guard standing in the Throne Hall outside the office and then to the fireplace. With a bow, the man walked off. A moment later, a burst of fire flamed up through the grate underneath the logs stacked in the place, setting them alight instantly. The palace employed one or two firebenders for precisely this reason. Despite their abilities, they weren't Fire Nation. There were earthbenders, firebenders, and even airbenders working in the palace. However, all were loyal sons and daughters of the North. It was a thousand year old tradition that only true-born Northerners would be aloud to serve the palace. Of course, it wasn't like they got applicants from all four corners of the world or anything.
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:22 am

Rin shook her head and smiled politely, "No thank you, I don't drink." She said, studying the room once again. It was truly beautiful, she had never been anywhere like it. As a peasant, this sort of living interested Rin, not being used to it.

Rin saw the man light the fire place, surprized to see a fire bender in the NWT. "W-was that a fire bender?" Rin asked Kano, standing up and walking over to him, her pretty amber eyes wide in curiousity.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:34 pm

"Ah, yes." Kano said, returning to his chair as the fire crackled merrily in the hearth. "We have a few firebenders working in the palace. Every fireplace is connected via chutes to the basement. They all run to a single room down there where the firebenders can lite any fire in the building from. It's quite an ingenious little system, really. It even cuts back on having to sweep up ashes because they just go straight down the chutes to the basement where they can sweep them all up at once."

He sipped his water, crossing his legs as he sat there. It was a cozy little room when everything was set up properly.

"You know, I hope I'm not being too forward," Kano said slowly. "But that kid, Rengshi. He seems a little high strung. To be completely honest, I'm a little surprised you bothered coming here to apologize for him. If anything, it should be him. Does he even... know you're here?"
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Rin was honestly surprized with the thought of fire benders working and living in the watertribes. For one thing, in the fire nation, there is barely any people of other elements making there home there. It was, well, baffling to Rin. This place was so welcoming, so friendly to most. In fact, while she was here, she hadn't been missing home, she was intirely comfortable in this icy paradice. Rin was now thinking of extending her stay.

Rin's thoughts were broken at Kano's question, her face grewing noticably sorrowful. "He..I.." She starts, voice growing softer. She sighs and doesn't sit down.

"No, he doesn't know I'm here. Like I said, I...I haven't seen him around." She said simply, as if it was nothing at all. But as usuall, her amber eyes betrayed her, her sadness reflected in the gold. "I am sorry for bothering you. I really am."
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:32 pm

"Who said you were bothering me?" Kano said, quirking an eyebrow as he cradled his glass lazily in one hand. "I was just asking what that kid's deal was. I'm not going to accept an apology from you for something he did, so you really shouldn't worry about it. And in any case, it was hardly something I care to seek an apology for."

He leaned back into his seat further and considered her. She really was upset about all that, wasn't she?

"Look, all that said, I don't mean to upset you." he said finally with a sigh. "I'm just a little concerned that he's hiding behind you. But then, we barely know each other, so what business is it of mine, eh? Perhaps I should be asking you something that is more my concern. Like... what you think of our city?"
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:56 pm

Rin smiled weakly at Kano, a little amused that he thought he had upset her. "No! no! you haven't done anything! I actually like talking to you!" she said quickly, then realized what had just slipped out and blushed. "It is Rengshi that has upset me. And I'm sorry, I just jumped to concluions as usual." She rolled her amber eyes at herself, pushing her long dark hai out of her face.

Rin's whole face lit up at his question about the city, she smiled warmly and sat down again. "Amazing! I am liking it more then I thought I would! apart from the umm...event at the docks on the day I came, no one seems to care that I am fire nation! it is wonderful! I am seriously considering extending my stay. The sights, the people, the culture...I think I am in love with this place..." she sighed happyly.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Kano couldn't help but laugh.

"Well, it does have a rather enchanting way about it, doesn't it?" Kano said, taking another sip from his glass. "Of course, the cold doesn't agree with many people. And people from the Earth Kingdom tend to have trouble with the lack of fresh fruit and vegetables. Sea prunes and fish aren't everyone's cup of tea."

He chuckled a bit at that as well. He always loved watching the Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom citizens flock to the few establishments in town that served their native foods. The Frozen Phoenix was certainly doing quite well for itself.

"Tell me," Kano said, struck by a sudden thought. "Where's the highest point you've seen the city from?"
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Rin laughed lightly at Kano's comment on the food, "Well, I have been going to the frozen pheonix for all my meals!" she admitted, a small grin crawling onto her lips.

But everything she had said about the northern water tribe was true, he really did love the place. Everything about it just called her, pulling her into it's icy blue beauty.

Rin turned and looked at Kano curiously with his question. "Not high at all, I have kinda stuck to the streets. Why you ask?" she inquired, one eyebrow raised.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:26 am

"Because it's about time we changed that." Kano said smiling. He stood from his seat, placing the glass on the small table standing next to the chair. "Please." he said, offering her a hand in rising. "I want to show you something."

~~~~~
The journey up through the palace was a bit tedious. However, with every floor came more and more lavish surroundings. Up and up they went, eventually finding their way to a marvelous, domed room at the very top of the tower. The very summit of the dome was a circular window looking skyward. Below it, set into the floor were hundreds upon hundreds of diamonds the size of fists, mounted in silver settings, arrayed in an complex circular pattern. But in the very center was the truly remarkable jewel -- a sapphire larger than an infant set upon a pedestal of extravagantly carved ice interwoven with silver.

"This is the Chamber of the Moon." Kano said, pacing around the pedestal. A shaft of light was shining down through the opening in the roof upon the sapphire. "And that is the Jewel of La. It is the largest sapphire in the known world. Over a thousand years ago, the six great waterbending masters descended into the depths of the northern ice and found where such jewels exist in great number. They brought these up to serve this room. Once a year, the full moon shines down upon the sapphire. The light travels through it and shines out upon all the other jewels. Together, it is said, they project the secrets of the universe. But... no one has ever unraveled them. It's more a legend than anything.

"But all these wonders aside, I brought you up here for something... rather more spectacular." he smiled at her. He led her to the far side of the room where there stood a pair of double doors. They were carved intricately. He placed his hands against them and pushed them outward. What was revealed was truly stunning. They had stepped out upon a terrace which encircled the crown of the palace. The door faced south, providing an immediate view which reached all the way to the horizon of the ocean. Far below, the city stretched out like so many tiny, glinting boxes in the midday sun. The ships coming and going. The great lighthouses standing at the ends of the great wall of ice that had so long protected them. This was a truly breathtaking view...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Blue Palace Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Palace   The Blue Palace Empty

Back to top Go down

The Blue Palace
Page 1 of 1