The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Walking in a not-so winter wonderland

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xue
Xue

EXP : 450
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character Description
Position: Runaway
Nation: Water Tribes

Walking in a not-so winter wonderland Empty
PostSubject: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Xue Jing

Xue was glad to get into another village. She was beginning to become tired of seeing nothing but tree's. But, the main reason Xue was glad to get to another village was because she was starving.
While in the way to the Makapu Village, she had finished off her food supply, and began eating things from 'mother nature itself' Mother natures wasn't all to filling, though.
Now that Xue was in Makapu, she needed to get some money to buy food. She'd learned from her trip to Omashu that you couldn't just take what you needed. At least there, it was fairly easy to snack a couple coins from the venders, but here, it wasn't as easy. It seemed that the people of Makapu watched over what they had a little more carefully.
"Dammit..." Xue curses under her breath. A mother with a young boy managed to hear Xue, so she quickly put her hands over the boy's ears, and steered them away.
Xue sat on a bench in the village, thinking of how to go about this. She let her cat, Zuki, go and hunt for a mouse or two to eat. It was better if one of them wasn't hungry, anyway.

Mood: Bored
Condition: Hungry

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

EXP : 2875

Character Description
Position: Assassin
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Daichi

The Daichi that walked through Makapu Village was...different from his usual self. His hair was scruffy, as was his outfit. He'd changed into his black assassin garb, yet he didn't carry his bow, nor did he carry his usual pouch of sharpened rocks. It didn't take a genius to see that Daichi Takumi was disoriented. It did, however take a genius to see that, frazzled as he was, Daichi was still alert. Well, alert would be stretching it, his mind was certainly elsewhere. But, as usual, he was running checks on everyone he saw. And there was one that caught his eye. A young girl, sitting on a bench. It seemed she was running, Daichi had seen many people that were running, mostly refugees. But they were running from something different. No, he could tell the girl was running, because she reminded him of himself.

He sat down next to her, and took off his backpack, taking out some bread as he did so. He suspected the girl may be able to help him. "Running?"

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Xue Jing

Xue's deep blue eyes widened with suspension as a stranger sat down next to her, and took out some bread. Was he trying to torture her? It took all of Xue's will power to move her eyes from the bread, and to the strangers face. His skin was pale, and he seemed slightly off, but as Xue searched his face, she was aware that he wasn't there. His mind was off, wandering about who-knows-what.
"What is that supposed to mean?" Xue said, coldly. Almost immediately, her mind began thinking of worst-case scenario's. The man didn't look like he was from around here, no. He stood out slightly. Was he going to take Xue back to the Southern Water Tribe? Because she didn't want that. Xue didn't plan to go down without a fight.
"Why would I be running? I'm sitting right here, you idiot..." Xue said, and slumped back into the bench slightly and giving a little sigh at the end. "You Earthkingdom people are all the same..." Xue muttered, mainly to herself, even though she knew that was a lie. There was a clear difference between the people of Makapu and the people of Omashu. While they were both in the Earthkingdom, the Makapu people seemed to be a little more causation, while the people of Omashu seemed to be all high and mighty, and act like no one could win against them. Xue had quite some from pick-pocketing them.

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Daichi

Daichi managed too focus on the girl for a few seconds. He split the bread in half, and munched on one piece. "That was a rhetorical question. I already know you're running. Keep in mind I don't mean running in the literal sense, you're trying to get away, that much I know. I can tell by the way you hold yourself. Also," He paused to munch some more bread. "It's obvious you're young, and I've already established you're running. My best guess would be that you're a runaway. Now don't worry, I'm not going to send you home."

Daichi looked at the girl, and a twinge of sadness struck him, he flinched for a split-second. "Was that...sympathy?" The assassin didn't even want to entertain the idea it was empathy What's happening too me? I smiled at Omashu, and now i'm feeling sorry for someone? This wasn't mean to happen. Has this ever happened to one of my family before? Oh god, what if dad finds out? Daichi paused, and reminded himself that he was not a boy of sixteen anymore, he could face his father in combat...for a few minutes.

However, he still continued. "Here, have it." His usual cold mask broke, just for a few seconds, and Daichi gave her the other half of the bread, sighing, then he resumed his speech. The mask flying on once again."But, I am curious, and I need some advice, but that can wait. So what brought you here?"

Mood:Worried
Condition:Healthy

Last edited by Daichi Takumi on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Xue Jing

Xue had to admit to herself, she felt relieved that the man wasn't going to take her back home. There was no way she wanted to go back to that place.
"Okay, whatever. As long as you don't plan on taking me back to that place." Xue made sure not to tell him where she was from. She still wasn't sure if he was hired by her folks to bring her back, and was having regrets. Because that is something her crazy mother and father would do.
Xue glances back over at the guy, who seemed to be think about something he didn't like. She shrugged, and then left him be, and began thinking back to how she would get something to eat, when the guy asked her if she wanted the other half is his bread. Xue wasn't sure how to respond, and looked at the bread, trying to decide if she should take it or not.
In the end, Xue decided to take the bread, and began tearing off little bits and stuffing them into her mouth. She had become so caught in stuffing the bread into her mouth, she almost didn't here the man talking again. She managed to stop for a moment, and then listen to what he had to say.
"What do you-" Xue interrupted, but the man continued, asking about what brought her to Makapu. "Well..." Xue begins, swallowing the last of her bread before continuing. "I wanted to see the world. Ba Sing Se was first, and then I decided to hit a small town." Xue shrugged.
"What about you, you're definitely not from around here."

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Daichi

The story seemed true enough. "Well, I'm from the Earth Kingdom, no exactly sure which part, but I know I was born on earth kingdom soil." He paused for a moment I think. The assassin shifted uncomfortably on the bench. "As to why I'm here...It's and extremely long story, and if I told you it without restraint i'd have to kill you." he looked away. "All I can tell you is this. I have absolutely no idea how I ended up here. All I remember is walking for days on end, trying to get away." He pressed his hand to his forehead. "But here's the catch. I don't know why I'm running, it makes no sense. I know who i'm running from, but it's the same person I was trying to save a week or so ago. "

Perhaps it was because of lack of food, perhaps it was because of days of travel. Whatever reason it was Daichi Takumi's mask of cold fell right off. "I just don't understand what i'm doing wrong. I'm not meant to have feelings. I was trained since I was six to do just that. And yet, for some reason, when she's around." His voice betrayed his frustration. "I don't know how, but she's given me a conscience! The old me wouldn't have even approached you, let alone feed you. But for some strange reason, here I am! Everything I'm doing makes no sense! My judgement is swayed by emotion, and I'm stood here, wondering what the hell i'm doing!"

Mood:having an emotional breakdown
Condition:Healthy

Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:14 am

Xue Jing

Xue only half listened to what he was saying. Mainly because she didn't care, and his life didn't really affect her at all. She heard him talking about how he didn't know where he was born, but he knew it was on Earth Kingdom soil.
And then the actual story. Xue thought it'd be long and boring... well, it was long. But she was slightly interested in his career.
"As to why I'm here...It's and extremely long story, and if I told you it without restraint i'd have to kill you."
Suddenly, Xue wanted to know what he was talking about. The first thing that came to mind was he was a spy. But why would someone want to spy on the people here? It seemed like such a small and unimportant little town. Xue didn't even know about this village until she heard someone say it in Omashu, so she had decided to give it a try.
Xue was pulled out of her thoughts as the man became frustrated at himself. She tuned herself in for a moment, as the man talked about 'she' at first, he thought that he was crazy, and talking about her, but then realized it was someone else. Someone else who he was in love with, probably.
And then, when Xue thought it could become even more weird, he started talking about her, and how some old guy.... no, the old him told himself (By this point, Xue was becoming quite confused.) to not come over and give her the bread.
"Well, I don't know who 'she' is, but it's obvious your in love with her. Love can do some pretty big damage..." Xue said, shrugging. "And, ah... thanks. For the bread." Xue wasn't all to good at thanking others, and tried to avoid it much as possible.

Mood: Slightly weirded out

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Daichi

Now it was Daichi who was confused. "I don't exactly think it's possible for me to love anyone. I don't even understand what it is exactly." Daichi had never loved someone. He certainly never loved his father, he didn't hate him either. To be honest, he was completely indifferent to his father (although he is slightly afraid of him), and he'd probably be indifferent to the rest of his family, if he knew them. "I'll admit it, I have never understood love. I'm able to comprehend many things, but not love. To be honest, I didn't understand friendship until a few weeks ago, and even that i'm conflicted about. Now, I'm not going to lie. I didn't have the most normal childhood. I was raised, no, designed to be a tool. Just another cog in the family line. I was not given a moral code, nor a family to be part of. It was just me and my dad. But, It is not as if I wasn't given an education. I was, believe me. But I was schooled in the arts of...Well, I can't tell you everything. Look the point is, I doubt it was love, I'm not capable of it."

Mood:dobtful
Condition:healthy

Last edited by Daichi Takumi on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:48 pm

Xue Jing

"Hmm..." Xue pulled her leg up to her chest, and leaned her head back, resting it on the bench. She, herself, had never exactly 'loved' anyone else. She looked up to her brother, and loved him like a brother, but she wasn't really sure if that counted or not. Xue didn't love her parents. No, they were crazy and over-obsessive. And maybe a little bit crazy.
"I understand where your coming from..." She said, relating to him. While Xue wasn't raised to be a weapon or a tool, she was raised to get anything she wanted. And that's not how life worked. In life, you had to make your own path, work to get what you wanted.
"It's surprising what life can do to you... sometimes you end up doing something completely the opposite of yourself..." She says, shrugging, but then her eyes widen a little. Xue suddenly realizes that she sounded like her brother. "But, you can also die and never have changed what you do, either." Xue adds at the last minute. Ah, that's more like myself. Xue smiles, and then see's Zuki coming back to her with a fish in her mouth.
"Well, at least one of us got food." She smiles as Zuki sits down at the base of the bench, and munches on the fish.

Mood: Slightly weirded out

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Daichi

Daichi calmed down, and looked upwards, towards the cloudless sky. "I suppose you're right. I hope it didn't...upset her slightly." Look at that, she was right. "Though, she's not really the type to be upset." He paused as the cat approached. When the girl spoke about hunger once more, the same twinge of guilt struck him. But he reacted differently this time, and instead of hating his guilt, he took it in his stride. And, for the first time in his life, Daichi did something selfless. He unzipped his backpack, and took his lunch out, then he placed the lunch next to him. The top of his quiver poked out of the rucksack. I can go for days without eating, and I'm good at hunting. I don't need this food, you do. So here, have it. He was about to leave, when he considered something else. Daichi turned and stared into her eyes, his face back to it's normal calm state. "And, one more thing." His voice was no longer filled with frustration, now it was as cold as ever. "I'm an assassin."

Mood:Calm

Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:09 pm

Xue Jing

Xue put her hands to her face and rubbed her eyes with the palm of her hand before scratching Zuki's head, who purred slightly. Xue looked over at the man, and noticed that he was still talking about 'her'. The curiosity inside of her craved to know what he meant, but Xue quickly pushed the thought out of her mind.
She went back to what she was doing, trying to find a way to get food. Xue supposed that she could make a make-shift fishing rod and get a fish or two, and try and start a fire, but Xue was tired from eating off of mother nature. She wanted a real meal. Maybe some dumplings.
Then, the guy did something that Xue wasn't really expecting. He took out his lunch, and put it between the space between the two. Xue eyed the lunch for a moment, and then looked at him, and then back at the lunch. Before the man changes his mind, she quickly grabs the box, and opens it to find some Beef Buns and some sesame orange shrimp.
"Yum!" She quickly grabs some chop sticks and stuffing the shrimp into her mouth, and then munching on the Beef Buns.
Xue couldn't keep the food in her moth for long, because the boy had said something that surprised her.
"I'm an assassin." He said, and Xue choked on the food. She sat there for a moment or two, trying to recover and swallow the food, hoping that she wouldn't loose her new found lunch.
"I'm sorry... you're what? An assassin? Like... someone whose hired to kill people?" She knew what an assassin was, but she just couldn't believe her ears.
"Oh, hahaha. That's a good joke, really." Xue laughed, but when she looked at his face, she realized he was dead serious. "Oh, wait... you weren't joking...?"

Mood: Surprised

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Daichi

He shrugged "Nope, I wasn't joking. I don't joke. Ever." His eyes had returned to their default position, and his stare was penetrating. Alright, the initial reaction wasn't so good. Yes, Daichi had calmed down, he was back to normal, as methodical as always. Then again, I don't think it's sunk in yet. I should probably give her a minute or two. But, if we multiply her initial reaction by about five. Then i'd say we have Itamatsu's. Understandably, this worried Daichi quite a bit, it didn't show, however. On top of that, I'll have to tell her I was asked to kill her. Do I have to tell her that? Well, what she doesn't know won't kill her, or me, for that matter.

The assassin broke the silence. "I'm not going to kill you, if that helps."
Well, that was a lie, I might.
"Though I won't lie,"
He lied."I have killed plenty of people. Hundreds, in fact."

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Xue Jing

"Well that's no fun if you never joke around. What's the point in that?" Xue says, and leans back on the bench, and puts her feet out in front of her to relax, still slightly surprised. She kept looking over at him to see if he was pulling out a knife to stab her in the arm and leave her for dead or something, because that wouldn't be fun. She knew that the people around here may or may not do something to help her out. But if he stabbed her... then there was probably nothing for them to do, and she would die.
"I'm not going to kill you, if that helps." He says.
"Oh, yea. That makes me feel better. I feel all safe and warm now."Xue says, sarcastically. But she still wasn't sure if she should trust him or not. After all, he did tell her that he was an assassin, which seemed to be pretty trustworthy of him. But, he also might have wanted to gain her trust so he could just stab her in the back later.
"You've really killed that many people?" She says, slightly unsure. The man was obviously older then her, but he didn't seem to be that much older. "Don't you like, ever regret it?" She asks.
Xue didn't like other people very much, and didn't understand them, but could never kill another human being. No, she wasn't that insane.
"Anyway... What brings you to Makapu Village? There's no important people here to kill, really."

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:57 am

Daichi

"Don't you like, ever regret it?" Daichi shrugged. "Not particularly. People die all the time, I just help them. It's a good job, too. As long as there are two people in this world, one will want the other dead." Although he didn't say it, Daichi also had the burden of carrying on a century old line of assassins. And he didn't intend to break that line. "Now this might be slightly hard to grasp, but the reason I don't find guilt when I kill is simple. I just don't care about them. At all. They don't matter to me whatsoever."
Well, she reacted quite well to that. Still, I can't guarantee Matsu will have the same reaction.

""Anyway... What brings you to Makapu Village? There's no important people here to kill, really."
"You'd be right about that. This may be a long story, so i'll give you the short version. I became friends with a girl named Itamatsu. She was a performer. She was hired for an occasion known as the Omashu ball, and she brought me along. I was then asked to kill her, for a lot of money. I went to the ball, and I couldn't do it. She was then abducted. I rescued her, smiled for the first time in my entire life. I realized I was getting too attached to her, something an assassin shouldn't do is get attached to anyone. So I freaked out and ran away. And voila, here I am. "

Mood:calm

Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:44 am

Xue Jing

"Oh..." Xue says as the man tells his tale about meeting a girl named Itamatsu and being told to kill her. "That's ruff, dude." She says before standing up and stretching, listening to her back crack.
"Well, that's a good story, Mr. Assassin, but I'm afraid that I've got to go look for a place to spend the night, because I don't feel like sleeping on a bench in the cold." Xue reaches down to her toes, and then slowly stands up again. "Probably sleep in an abandon building or something," Xue looks down at Zuki, who had finished munching on the fish, and it was now a pile of bones. "Okay, Zuki. You ready to leave Mr. Assassin to his problems and find a place to sleep?" Xue says, and turns around to the assassin.
"Sorry that I couldn't be much more of a help. Maybe you could just... not kill her? But that probably won't work, anyway." Xue shrugs as she picks up her cat.

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Daichi

"On the contrary, you've helped quite a bit. I mean, you haven't given me answers to anything. But that was to be expected. No, what you have done is cleared my head. Which means I can figure out the answers for myself." Daichi stood up, clearly refreshed, and clearly back to normal. He dusted himself off , and flung his bow and quiver over his back. And walked away, raising a single hand. "Goodbye, for now. If you ever need to kill someone, you have a free ticket."

Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:11 am

Xue Jing

"Really? Well that's a first..." Xue said, when he had said that she actually had helped her out. "Anyway... it was ah, nice meeting you Mr. Assassin." She says, beginning to walk away.
Then, he said that if she ever needed someone dead, then she had a free ticket. Xue thought about it for a moment, and one of the first people who popped into her head happened to be her mother an father, who had ruined Xue's childhood. But Xue quickly pushed the thought out of her head, because that was wrong and messed up for a child to want to murder there parents.
"How'd I contact you? Cause I doubt that we'll meet again like this..." She asked.

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Yeah, I'll admit it, I pulled this one straight out of my ass.

Daichi

Daichi stopped. "Well, a messenger hawk always works. But it'll need to be a certain one. There is a certain messenger station in every major city. They're called 'Lau's'. Now, these guys specialize in criminal hawks, and believe me, they're the best there is. The shops are usually quite hidden, and even when you find the shops, they appear to be simple cabbage stores. The cabbages are quite good, actually. Anyway, all you need to do is say a codeword, the said codeword is 'valentine'. Just say the words, and the store's owner will take you to the back. You must phrase the letter as a wedding invitation. In the 'invitation' give the address of where the 'wedding' will take place, and when. We will meet at the location and time you specify. Keep in mind that for all you know, I may be on the other side of the country, so warn me in advance. One final thing, do NOT say my name, which, by the way, is Daichi Takumi. Actually, whilst we're on the subject of names, I'll need to know yours."

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:02 am

Xue Jing

Xue stops walking and turns her head slightly to listen in on what 'Mr. Assassin' had to say. It was simply a long list of what she should do, and how to contact the Assassin, who was apparently named Daichi.
"Well, Mr. Takumi, that's quite a lot of information. But, I suppose I'm not allowed to write it down, hmm?" She said, trying to catch on. Xue put her cat, Zuki, down, who meow'd in protest.
Xue bowed slightly (something she wasn't used to, and didn't want to make a habit of it) and then stood up, looking back at the assassins face.
"Xue Jing." Xue said her name. "But, you can change the last name, because my parents might do something crazy if they somehow find out about a wedding and myself." Xue said.

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Daichi

He nodded "You may change your last name if you wish. But it won't be necessary. The hawks are the best in the business, nobody'll be intercepting them, least of all your parents. But as I said, you may do what you wished." He stretched once again. Wondering how long it had been since he'd last tested himself. He realized he hadn't taken on a job for weeks. His physique, however, was still in tact. He'd been doing a lot of disoriented running and walking lately. But he hadn't completely neglected exercise. He continued "Anyway, as I was saying earlier, I have to leave. I have things to do, people to kill. All that business." And he briskly resumed walking, albeit at a slightly faster pace than before.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking in a not-so winter wonderland   Walking in a not-so winter wonderland Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking in a not-so winter wonderland
Page 1 of 1