The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Syo lo Ke

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SyoLoKe
SyoLoKe

EXP : 75

Character Description
Position: Explorer
Nation: Fire Nation

Syo lo Ke Empty
PostSubject: Syo lo Ke   Syo lo Ke EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Full Name: Syo lo Ke
Element: Fire
Birthplace: Shu Jing
Position: Expert Firebender, tessen-wielder. Scarab-Hippo rider.

Personality: Syo likes to think of himself as someone who is calm and collected, and for the most part, he's right. However, with certain things (or when talking with his mother) he has a dangerously short fuse. Fortunately, his anger, while fierce, is often short-lived. Much like everyone else in his family, his temper can be described as "fiery". This is often agitated by a proud competitive streak. Overall however, he was born to a privileged life-style in peace & Syo lived a mainly care-free life and is a happy and kind young man.

Abilities: As the son of a fire nation general, Syo had access to the best firebending teachers in the country, and took advantage of them. Additionally, both of his parents are very skilled firebenders as well and spent time teaching Syo. What helped him develop his skills most effectively was his cousin, another firebender. The two had friendly duels frequently and were constantly improving in order to best the other. As such, Syo is incredibly skilled at firebending. While he wouldn't call himself a Master, he has a strong knowledge of most firebending basics and is capable of many advanced firebending techniques. Syo is capable of creating blue fire, which he uses about equally with regular fire, as he finds blue fire more strenuous. And good for surprises. Furthermore, Syo is also practiced with a modified form of Tessen, or war fans. (More in Equpiment)

Appearance:
Height: 6'0
Weight: Slim, with some muscles, weighing in around 160 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Light Brown.

Syo is a slightly pale, tall, and slim young man. With hazel eyes (there's earth bender blood somewhere in his family) and light brown hair, Syo ever so slightly stands out from the typical fire nation family, but nowadays that's not so uncommon.

He dresses simply, in a red sleeveless tunic, black breeches, and brown boots. The clothes are well made, and boast subdued gold details along the middle of the tunic and boots.
Weaponry & Other Gear: Fire Fans: After an encounter with Kyoshi warriors, Syo's grandfather noted, as Azula had, that "fans only make flames stronger". Thinking to take advantage of this, he commissioned the metal fans made specially. Now, in addition to being made of hard, sharp steel, the fans are fashioned with grooves along the spokes to allow flames to be directed from the palms of the holder. Thus, the razor sharp steel edge can be changed to a flaming razor-sharp edge. The fans can be used to create fire blades, jets and whips, making them stronger and faster than just hands could. Syo is adept at fighting with these fans both as normal metal fans, and as mediums for fire-bending.
History: Syo grew up in peace-time, in a town full of the children of retired and duty-less fire nation officers. He attended a prestigious academy, where he did well academically, but really excelled in bending, especially combative. His private tutors and skilled parents and grandparents were given credit. Syo himself knows that his true credit was his slightly younger cousin Lin, who attended the same school and always came in second to Syo, on the times when she didn't beat him that was. The two benefited from having a constant sparring partner of near equal talent. They drove each other to excel, and were always learning more to best the other.

Since graduating at 18, Syo has worked on the family farm, acted in a play, and traveled the fire nation, participating in duel exhibitions, and palling around with his Scarab-Hippo, Beatrix. (Do I provide a description here, or get her approved elsewhere? It's a new animal). After two years, Syo got a little bored and decided it was time for an adventure. He wanted to face new fights and get experience fighting the other elements, if only for the competition. With some (re: a lot) of money, supplies, and guilt from his parents, he set off for the Earth Kingdom, the least homogenous place he could think of.
Beatrix Beatrix is a Scarab-Hippo, a rare species of animal bred by Syo's family, and a few other fire nation families with money. They are, in most respects, comparable to hippos, in size, body, and, temperament. However, the main difference is that the entire upper portion of their body is that of a scarab beetle. They have an armored and tough outer wing that acts as additional protection for both the hippo and their companion, as it as strong as steel. Beneath these wings are irridescent beetle's wings, which allow Scarab-hippos to fly. What also greatly allows these beasts to fly is that they, like dragons, are natural firebenders. While they can only produce puffs of fire, which have little offensive use but are useful in scaring off predators/thieves, Scarab-hippos mainly use this skill to internally heat air in pouches off their stomach, making them rather like balloons. Combined with their powerful and fast wings, Scarab-hippos can lift themselves, and one rider (two, in a pinch) high into the air and fly for hours at a time.
They stand around 5 feet tall at the shoulder, weigh around 4000 pounds, and always mean business. They can travel notably faster than humans both on water and land, and have great stamina. They can also spring at about 20 mph, but not for very long.

Beatrix herself is a somewhat cantankerous counter to Syo. Her opinion of strangers is completely arbitrary, and very hard to change. She either instantly loves people, instantly hates them, or at least instantly disapproves of them. Syo seems to be stuck between "love" and "disapproval" himself. Despite whatever pranks Bea may pull on him, Syo knows he can always count on her and that she'll do anything to protect him.
Syo lo Ke DSC00366
(I'm not an artist. But here's a rough idea of what she looks like)

**OPTIONAL**
Sample RP:

Character Box:

Name goes here

Principal Sho ran straight to the school courtyard as he heard cries of “Agni Kai! Agni Kai!” dreading to have to stop another school fight. However, he breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the two combatants. It was Syo lo Ke, and his cousin Lin me Rei. The two often battled, and the principal allowed it. They demonstrated excellent control and respect. He allowed it to happen on school grounds as everything was already mostly fireproofed, and it was hoped that the two cousins careful and polite style of dueling would serve as a good role model for others. He did, however, gesture to three other Firebending teachers to stand at corners of the courtyard, to deflect wayward flames from the eager student spectators.

Syo stood up from his bow and quickly shifted into a ready stance, staring straight at his loved cousin and frequent foe. LinMe held his gaze evenly, in an almost identical stance. “Afraid to hit a girl cousin?” Lin inquired, her voice light and airy. “I’ve hit you before Lin” Syo reminded her gently. “True enough” she replied. As she did so, she lept and turned in the air, thrusting her fists forward toward Syo upon finishing the turn, unleashing two great bursts of flame. Syo ran forward, and with a punch that carried him in a complete circle, releasing a wider blast that blocked Lin’s attacked and had enough strength to continue on forward. LinMe easily blocked it however, cleaving it in two with her hands drawn to a point and sending the blast in two halves behind her. In quick succession she launched two kicking fireballs and sweeping fire arc.

Rather than try to create a wall to block these, as he had before, Syo took a running start, kicked off the ground with fire to propel him, and leaped clear over the attacks. Flipping over, he brought himself down with a kick that carried a strong tower of fire toward LinMe. Unused to this new approach, she was only had a short time to create a fire wall to protect herself. It wasn’t quite enough and the blow knocked her flying onto her back. At this, Principal Sho stepped in and called the match. Syo jogged forward and helped LinMe up to her feet. “You won this one” she admitted smiling. “You’ve been practicing”
“I have to, to keep up with you” Syo replied with a smile of his own. Together, they walked off, chatting about different moves and techniques.

One student who had just transferred to the school stared openmouthed at the disappearing teens. “But, but but, wHAA!!!???” he cried, turning about to all his nearby classmates, none of whom seemed to share his incredulity.

Ahead, Syo and Lin, who had seen the whole escapade, laughed quietly to themselves.

Mood: Spanish
Condition:Exploring
Link:

Last edited by SyoLoKe on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Syo lo Ke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syo lo Ke   Syo lo Ke EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:08 pm

I don't see anything particularly wrong with this application.

Could have more meat to it, but it meets our basic requirements and expectations.

All that said:
Approved
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

Syo lo Ke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syo lo Ke   Syo lo Ke EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:14 pm

I approve too. You need one more approval!
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

Syo lo Ke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syo lo Ke   Syo lo Ke EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:33 am

Syo lo Ke Soa

have fun. I'll put you at Expert Firebender for the time being. enjoy.
Back to top Go down
SyoLoKe
SyoLoKe

Character Description

Syo lo Ke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syo lo Ke   Syo lo Ke EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Great! Thanks so much guys! Hakota said it could use some more meat, any directions on where? I can probably add some more info

Also, I'm hoping to have him joined by a traveling companion creature of my own invention, do I need approval for that as well?
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Syo lo Ke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syo lo Ke   Syo lo Ke EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:27 pm

So long as it isn't lore-breaking, it's fine, which I don't see any problems with a Scarab-Hippo. Just include the description in your history, or put a section for Bellatrix after your history.

And that was most of what I meant for "Adding more meat", though I should have better extrapolated in my approval.

I personally approve of you making your Scarab-Hippo. I'm also interested in seeing what this creature is like.
Back to top Go down
SyoLoKe
SyoLoKe

Character Description

Syo lo Ke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syo lo Ke   Syo lo Ke EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Edited!
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Syo lo Ke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syo lo Ke   Syo lo Ke EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Looks fair. Approved, Again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Syo lo Ke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syo lo Ke   Syo lo Ke Empty

Back to top Go down

Syo lo Ke
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Creation :: Characters :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: