The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

EXP : 8500
Birthday : 1994-01-22

Character Description
Position: Fire Nation General
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:04 pm

Mei smiled lightly, "What makes us so important?", he asked aloud. He glanced at Zulera, "Why do we deserve to be protected? Why do we deserve to have someone who we can simply thrust our problems upon and expect it to be dealt with before disaster strikes?"

Mei shook his head, "What makes us so entitled to expect the Avatar to save us from ourselves when it's our doing that has caused this? Why do nations...ruled by old men and women deserve to be rescued? They order men to their deaths...to attack others...kill people... What gives them the right to always expect one person to save them...when it's their mistakes that lead them there in the first place?"
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera shrugged, rubbing her bare stomach with her hand for a moment.
"the concept that one person is more important than another is the beginning of much of humanity's folly." she nodded, "Kings, Queens, Chiefs, Lords.... they are no more important than you or I. the common citizen is no less important than the Avatar. those in power decide who is important and who isn't... but the men and women who go to war are important to someone somewhere. Those are fathers and mothers... brothers and sisters..."

she nodded. "Government tends to be the source of the problem, instead of the answer for it."
Zulera turned to face him, not really caring about her bare chest. He had seen it multiple times anyways.
"Very seldom, if ever, is it the common citizenry that wishes for war. Naturally such people do not want war. Since the leaders of nations are the ones who call the shots, it’s a simple matter of dragging the people with them. Whether the nation is libertarian in nature or as orderly as the people in the Fire Nation Capital, this remains the case. The easiest way to bring people into the war is to denounce those against it for their lack of patriotism, and for not pulling their weight when their borders are in danger. It works the same way in every society in every age.”
Mood: Fine
Condition: Okay
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Mei sighed, and shook his head, "The world does not deserve the having the Avatar." He turned, and exhaled a flame. "When the Fire Nation broke the back of the Air Nomads, and believed them extinct, the world forced it's fate into the hands of a child..." He lit a flame in his hand, and grabbed a piece of paper from his desk, "This child was tracked, and nearly killed countless times...and all because one man decided the Avatar was too much trouble..."

"You...you are living proof of his failure. I suppose there are many excuses the can be made for government. Corruption. Abusing their power. It doesn't really matter does it, people don't realize how little their rulers typically care...the Water Tribes have it better than most...so do the Air Temples...but the Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom are easily corrupted...dragged down...And all of the soldiers are dragged down with it. We are always viewed as the bad guys because of our leader looking out for the 'best interest of the world'. It was a blatant power grab, and because he killed the Avatar, it worked...or left the Avatar to die, it makes no difference...I just have a feeling it'll happen again...and soon."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"I suppose the one perk of being in a position of authority is that it generally it makes people think that they are above the law... I am guilty of that even sometimes."

she heard him out either way.
"I think what needs to happen then... is that every now and again, just like we get a new Avatar after a hundred years or so... some royal lines need to be wiped... started fresh. power breeds corruption in anyone, myself included."

"Essentially..." she played with a coin between her fingers, "one would almost think... that anarchy is the answer... strange..."
she almost went back to her own musing thoughts, but she was very still aware of the world around her.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:55 pm

Mei found that idea intriguing, perhaps anarchy? He wondered if he could do that. Just eliminate royal families. He shook his head, no, no, that's madness. He stepped over to his desk, and set the paper down. "Anarchy would kill more people in the long run than the goverments do...", he said thoughtfully.

"I suppose...government is a necessary evil...otherwise people would do as they please." He sat down beside you, "Of course, if people weren't always looking for reasons to fight one another, we'd have nothing to worry about without being ruled."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Anarchy... Tyranny... both more or less have the same effect. Either a numerous group of people put themselves above the law and do as they please while killing, or a small group of people put themselves above the law and organize people to kill or be killed."
she scooted next to him.

"but of course... the common people aren't all helpless. they can arm themselves against benders and warriors alike... People defending themselves against a deadly assailant are doing the right thing... they are ending the life of a would-be killer to protect the lives of themselves and their families, no?"
she shrugged. "my thoughts, anyways..."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Mei nodded, smiling. "Tyranny...and Anarchy..." Mei gently rubbed Zul's back, "People have the capability to defend themselves...but a Tyrranical government can easily manipulate their belief of defense into attack. Lying and cheating." He rolled his neck, "But...it all goes back to the main point, a corrupt ruler is expected to be dealt with by you...but...it doesn't seem like a fair expectation when the citizenry do little to stop it."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Always the sucker for a good massage, Zulera did not move once he touched her bare back.
"extremes are dangerous things... and yet they get things done. Think about it... they are the ones who make history. Chin the Conqueror, Firelord Ozai, Earth King Lei, Firelord Novai... all corrupt rulers, all some of the best remembered through history.
History remembers those who do the foulest deeds, while forgetting those who do good."
she sighed for a moment. "and yet... there have been complaints against me that I'm 'not doing my job' or something like that. If anything... I am probably closer to becoming corrupt myself..."
She did not sound terribly sad about this aspect either. She was not aiming to be good or evil... she was just... there.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Mei was silent, thoughtful. "Seems everyone prefers to remember Chin over Kyoshi, Ozai over Aang. That's why history is doomed to repeat. The deeds that would strike fear into a corrupt heart is gone due to the fact that we always prefer to complain about destruction rather than celebrate heroism."

"It's in our nature...we need to have someone to fight...somewhere to be...something to conquer..."

His voice took on a whole new weight as he continued, "Peace is an illusion...there is only war...and the truce between them...all it takes is someone cutting the rope...crossing the line...pushing the wrong person too far...and then we can all fight again..."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera chuckled. "Some have said I was a bomb waiting to go off." She remarked, "my own mother did, even. Then again, she's batshit insane too... a known and dangerous bloodbender, ritualist, and other things... she has simply never been caught--just seen as dangerous."

she stretched her arms. "Frankly, I see no reason to keep such a delicate balance myself. if you move one Iota to the left or the right, the balance is lost and all things go to hell in a handbasket. It... serves very little purpose..."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Mei nodded slowly, "Others may agree with her...even if she is insane...it's not like history has proven different..." He laughed lightly, "A darkness can consume us from the inside...eat it's way out...the chaotic blood inside us all...I look forward to the day...I finally get to let go..."

His last sentence almost sounded threatening, like somewhere deep inside, Mei wasn't quite so gentle, or calm, inside, contained, but not controlled, an instinctual flame lived, one that wanted to watch the world burn. Mei's tone didn't change, however, he was cool, collected, and spoke only the truth.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Any instability Mei might have had did not faze Zulera.
"You should probably understand a bit more of my history..." she said softly, not to correct him, but simply to explain.
"if I went back to sowing the seeds of chaos, it would be just that--going back. I would nt be turning over a new leaf... I would be turning over an old leaf that I thought had been turned over for good. I do not believe that the world needs to suffer, nor do I believe that it needs to be some paradise. I have no desire to be good nor evil. I am simply here."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:40 pm

"I never said it would be flipping over a new leaf...just...chaos can be...contained...but...it makes a person a bomb..." He closed his eyes, "Each of us carries it...that drive to cause something destructive...to cause chaos...and when someone restrains the urge too long...it can turn bad...lead to something messy...or deadly."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"I never implied such." she replied, "the thing about order and chaos is that it is all just one big game of spirits. they and people alike fight for more law or less law, for more order and less chaos, or for more chaos for less order. The complicated part of the matter is that right and wrong are illusions and delusions that cloud people's ways of thinking, and get them to do otherwise idiotic things. That is where wars come from... that is the deadliest thing of all... the delusion of right and wrong..."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:07 pm

"Almost as bad as the illusion of truth.", Mei said. he fell silent after that, how negative an outlook he must have on people to believe they could never conquer their nature. He didn't even think it possible of himself.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera leaned forward, her back arching slightly. "we are always on the quest for truth." she explained, "but the truth is always there, whether we believe it or not... or if we even recognize it or not... The problem today is that so few people know how to recognize or comprehend truth... but truth is hate for those who hate the truth."
she closed her eyes, breathing softly, and listening to the sounds around him, and feeling Mei's hand on her tattooed back.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:48 pm

"Truth is only what a person percieves...and...percieving something is only seeing it...people who can manipulate what someone thought they saw..." He smiled, tracing his fingers along Zulera's back, "The quest for truth...it's one that will be a long journey...full of failure..."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera nodded, relaxing as he gently rubbed her back.
"it's a sad story indeed." she agreed. she let her own thoughts wander, having little more to add to what had already been said by either him, her, or both of them. part of her wondered what was going through his mind, and if it was similar to what was going on in her mind, but she did not ask. maybe they were just blowing off steam.
Really, if they were, it would just be another reason why Zulera was enjoying the backrub.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:25 pm

Mei smiled lightly, "Philosophy has never been my strong suit...how am I doing so far?", he asked, it was a jesting question, but he seemed to not care which direction the convsersation went.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

The Avatar simply chuckled. "Well... a backrub always makes things better, so there's where my steam was coming from." She joked. "otherwise though... not bad... not bad at all."

she rolled her shoulders several times, taking a relaxing breath as she closed her eyes, her own mind still wandering.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:30 pm

Mei smiled, he felt like he'd become Zulera's personal masseuse overnight. The idea actually sounded really appealing. "Well, good, at least I'm not boring you to death...", he said, adding a bit more pressure to get in a bit deeper.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera chuckled again. "hardly... if anything, the opposite. those are some interesting topics to touch up on, in my personal opinion."

she also enjoyed how he massaged her, and like anyone, reacted when he applied more pressure. it was a good reaction, which showed that she liked it.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Mei nodded, "It's a sore topic for me...when you're young, and you come within inches of losing your life, you tend to be a little angry when it comes to the governments part in creating an unsafe environment..."

He smiled, "But it means little...I'm sure Shula's going to do a great job..."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera nodded softly. "I know the feeling, actually. it is rarely the citizens who want wars, and instead, just the governments. I can understand the anger of some people. others... well, others just want attention, and others still, would rather watch the world burn..."

she rolled her shoulders again, stretching and yawning. otherwise, she remained still.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Mei sighed, "It's funny how the actual fighting is pawned off onto the people. If they want war so bad why don't we make our politicians fight eachother?", he asked.

Mei lightly massaged down Zul's back and sides, "Maybe because they wouldn't last too long fighting eachother...", he answered himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next