The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(No Subject)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kinalune
Kinalune

EXP : 1325
Birthday : 1996-02-29

Character Description
Position: Traveling Dancer
Nation: Fire Nation

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Kinalune

For early springtime, it was a warm day in the great Earth Kingdom city of Ba Sing Se. Kina had hoped that she would be able to catch a glimpse of the city in such good conditions, and she was not disappointed in the least. The young firebender had even forgone her usual crimson red dancer’s attire in order to wear the neutral-colored kimono that fell to her knees and bunched around her elbows comfortingly. The kimono attracted less attention and allowed Kina to walk the streets without being propositioned as often.

The small brunette was currently in one of the most popular of the many shopping districts. The residents of the city were bustling about the streets and the pleased tourists marveled at the enormity of nearly everything they laid their eyes on. Both the rich and the poor lined the street, the former peeking in the windows of classy shops and the latter begging for spare change at the mouths of alleyways.

Kina was leading Itachi by the reins, walking ahead of him instead of riding on his back. He was carrying enough as it was, without the human to weigh him down even further. The large ferret-lizard occasionally nuzzled the back of her head in appreciation, sniffing at her hair or just resting his head on her shoulder as they walked in-step. The duo had no particular destination in mind. Kina was well-stocked in supplies and both her and her steed had eaten not long ago.

Just as Kina was turning a corner, she spotted a woman who seemed to be from the Fire Nation as well a few feet ahead of her. After aking a few quick steps forward with Itachi trotting along after her, Kina was close enough to the stranger to be heard above the din of the surrounding area. ”Hey, there. My name’s Kina,” the firebender’s voice was as friendly as she could make it while still maintaining a large enough volume.

Mood: Happy
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

EXP : 5585
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Instructor

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha had long since longed to go to Ba Sing Se in times past, and after a long enough time of waiting, her dreams of doing some finally came true. It was a fine spring day, and that was one of the finest times to visit the Earth Kingdom. Varsha believed that the elements corresponded with the seasons, with Fire being Summer, Water being Winter, Air being Fall, and Earth being Spring.

There were plenty of tall earthbenders here, although a lot of them were on the stockier side, ust like most firebenders were lean and slender. Varsha was exceptionally tall for a woman, standing a good 6 feet up. Otherwise, had it not been for her red clothing, she would have blended in well, with her darker skin, her large hands and feet, and her lack of shoes.
She wandered the streets for a good while, slowly migrating towards a more popular place, which also seemed to be a good tourist destination (some might say tourist trap). she stood out a bit less here, but she was still a tall, firebending woman in a sea of mostly earthbenders, so disappearing completely was not exactly something she could do--or was even trying to do.

apparently she was standing out enough to be noticed. as she cocked her head towards the voice introducing itself as Kina, she noticed another firebender. Varsha, being polite as she so often was, smiled, extending a hand.
"Varsha." she introduced herself, "Varsha Zere of House Zakau in Shu-Jing. What brings you out here, if I my curiously ask?"
it was just a curious question to kickstart a conversation if nothing else. Varsha was not normally this formal, except when introducing herself, after all.
Mood: Excited
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:19 pm

Kinalune

”Oh, I just came to see the city. It’s quite the marvel, wouldn’t you say?” Kina shot Varsha a sideways smile, showing just a brief glint of pearl. Varsha stood much taller than Kina did, so the smaller firebender needed to tilt her head upwards in order to see the other’s face, but Kina did not feel intimidated by the woman.

Well, that was not entirely true. Being in the presence of a lady (no matter how rugged-looking) had a certain effect on nearly all lower-class people, including Kina. Even though Varsha could very well be lying about being a member of a noble house, Kina was not one to take chances. The dancer stood a little taller, straightening her back slightly. She smiled a little brighter and batted her eyelids a little quicker. Knowing that she was not the most adapt at social interaction, Kina’s palms moistened and her heart pounded at a higher frequency than before.

Kina just prayed that she would be able to avoid offending the lady too badly. “You are from Shu-Jing?” The teenager asked, figuring that was a safe enough topic. ”I’ve been to that village before. It’s a quaint little thing. Did you enjoy growing up there?”

Itachi seemed to be getting bored at that point. His front paws clawed at the stone street below lazily, making metallic-sounding scraping noises as they hit the rocks. Kina was just glad that he wasn’t trying to nose his way up her skirts in an attempt to retrieve the pouch of berries hidden there. Just thinking about the embarrassment, the short girl tightened her tiny fists around the reigns of his harness.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

"Aye." Varsha nodded. "it takes entire days to get from one end of the city to another... then again, I suppose some get through it quicker if they move other than on foot." she nodded down at the smaller firebender. her unusual height for a woman her age had never really bothered her, and the only time she ever looked don at people was when she was talking, and that was only to make eye contact. there was no superiority complex in this one.

Varsha nodded. "loved it. it's a gorgeous place, and if I didn't live there, I'd totally be visiting there at least once a month. how many times have you been?"
it was a lovely place to exchange chit-chat about, provided that both parties enjoyed the outdoors. Varsha did, and so she was not afraid to talk about it extensively.

"So..." she glanced around both at the girl and her animal companion, "y'lookin for something, or just wanted to say hi to a fellow firebender?"
she had no real destination in mind, and she was known for making things up on the fly. if Kina had a good idea for something to do, chances are, Varsha, who feared next to nothing, would be game.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Kinalune

Kina thought for a moment, pursing her lips briefly, before replying, ”Well, I suppose I’ve been there a couple times now. I never stayed long, though.” The girl nodded her head, although she really had no idea how many times she had visited Shu-Jing. She rarely paid any attention to where she was, choosing instead to travel wherever the wind took her, as if she were some sort of air nomad.

At the other woman’s next query, Kina shrugged. “I just wanted to say hi, really. I’m pretty bored, since I already shopped about half of my spending money away.” Kina motioned to the many bags that hung from Itachi’s saddle, most of which were near bursting with new things. This was mostly due to the fact that Kina had found an adorable little shop with the cutest selection of well-priced clothing.

Itachi pulled lightly on the reins. He wanted to move. Kina reached a hand back to pat his coarse fur, but she remained facing forward. ”Actually, I was looking for someone to walk around with. Or, you know, find something fun to do besides shop.” The firebender’s cheeks dimpled with her smile as she motioned to her ferret-lizzard. ”Itachi’s a fine companion, but he can’t exactly hold his end of the conversation.”

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

she nodded simply, as if to acknowledge what was said. she didn't expect a concrete answer in the form of a number o anything, but was more wondering if she had been there a few times or several times.
"it's one of those amazing places that is different each passing day." she smiled. "I'd be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful place in my personal opinion... but that might just be me."

she paid attention to almost everything around her, always trying to figure out what she could learn and gain from it, or what she could use to her advantage. She did enjoy travelling a lot though, which was part of why she was here in the first place. It was certainly not to say that there was no place comparable to Shu-Jing... the place had just grown on her was all.

she smirked. "well... I'm more or less game for anything, though this *is* my first time in the city. so... I'll definitely be here a while. I'm frankly up for anything, even if it is just a walk around... hat's on your mind?"
she began walking, though stuck close to Kina as to ensure that she knew she had accepted the idea of walking together. Based on the way she was dressed, it was clear what kind of person she was. She was athletic; a fighter, and a martial artist. the sash around her waist was not black simply for show.

"so what do you do for fun; or for a living?" she asked, trying to start conversation. She might have guessed had Kina been dressed in her dancer getup, but such was not the case this time.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Kinalune

Kina walked beside Varsha, tugging Itachi along. Her quick feet kept stride with the taller woman easily, and the large animal was happy to be on the move once more. “I hadn’t planned anything particular to do today, besides enjoy myself.” The teen glanced around, hoping to spot something interesting.

”If you see anything that you think we might be able to enjoy, tell me,” the firebender had given up trying to find entertainment among the plethora of shops. The two women were in the entirely wrong district and would need to walk for a while in order to get out of it. ”This place really is huge.”

Varsha’s question earned a giggle from Kina. ”Oh, I take up little jobs wherever I travel. You know, watching over children, mending clothes, cleaning peoples’ homes or shops… Whatever pays, really. Kina ruffled her short brown hair with the hand not holding Itachi’s reins.

”When I can’t find a job, I become a bit of a street performer.” Itachi snorted at that, but Kina silenced him with a quick glare over her shoulder. ”I dance and use my firebending to make it look theatrical.” As if I know what I’m doing.

”What about you, Varsha?” Kina asked, ”Do you work for a living, or does your family’s money support you?

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:50 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

"heh..." Varsha chuckled, "that sounds like my kind of day."
it was true that Varsha seldom did anything that she did not find amusing or self-benefitting, but she was a hard worker and a disciplined student, and so her idea of fun also entailed working for what she wanted, or training herself to develop a new skill. However, she also knew about "normal" fun just as well, and so it wasn't like she was boring at all.

"noted." she replied, "though this is my first time here... so my guess is as good as yours.... this place could take days to scope out though."
she couldn't help but chuckle as even she was amazed by the sheer size of the place.
Varsha walked somewhat quickly, but perhaps that was just her loping strides. She was swift by nature, and given her height, had long legs. she was not in a hurry, and so this was the same pace Kina had seen her walk with when they had first met.

"not a bad career if you ask me." she nodded, "and street performing, eh? I think that'd be cool to see. maybe you should show me sometime." she chuckled.
"at the moment..." she scratched her own slightly messy black hair, "yeah, I'm living off of some of their support, but only as I finish up some things I need to do before I can become a full-fledged teacher. Martial arts are my specialty, but I am also learning better firebending techniques from a couple of masters over in Fire Fountain."

it was certainly not that Varsha had never worked a day in her life, but her family was generous and their daughter frugal; and that monetary support had helped Varsha fly through her apprenticeship much faster than she would have otherwise.

she continued walking, not really sure where they were going, but also not really caring.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Kinalune

Kina smirked and shot a wink at Varsha, “I’ll definitely show you some of my dancing sometime, if you want.” Even though Kina was by no means a professional, she was still proud of the way she could twist her hips and sway to the melody of the cities that she so often found herself in, and was never shy to show off her body and the distracting moves that she could perform with it.

Due to the breeze, Kina was able to smell the delicious aromas wafting from the direction of the food market. The scents of smoking meats and strong spices overpowered the others greatly, but Kina could detect faint traces of herbal teas and sweet fruit by breathing in deeply through her nose. The pair of women couldn’t be too far from the restaurant district, where there would be plenty of entertainment for both natives and visitors to be regaled as they enjoyed their meals.

While Kina had eaten only a few hours before, a gentle thirst had begun to make itself known at the back of her throat, most likely from the bit of walking she had been participating in. A warm cup of tea would drive the craving away nicely.

“Oh, you’re a martial artist? Sounds exciting,” Kina commented. ”We’ll have to spar sometime, although you will most definitely win. I can hardly hold my own against common thieves on the road.” Kina gave an airy giggle and continued, ”Do you plan on teaching martial arts or something else?”

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha chuckled, waggling her eyebrows for a moment. "are you... suggesting something?" she joked. she didn't think too hard on it, though either answer would likely trigger a reaction in Varsha of some sort.
She had an appreciation for those who could dance. She was not the best at it, but she knew the artistry behind being able to move one's body in rhythmic or disciplined manners. that was how Varsha saw her martial arts moves as well--it was all about knowing how to move. Because of the clothes she wore, it was difficult to see much of Varsha's frame apart from her head, hands, feet, and occasionally parts of her forearms.

Varsha was athletic, and the grueling, disciplined life of a martial artist basically required it. she took a deep breath of the air around her, catching a medley of aromas that were very pleasnt in smell, although were much different than the scents of the Fire Nation. Varsha did not mind that change--she had expected it, in fact. She approved of it either way.

she chuckled. "well... learning martial arts doesn't mean it's suddenly time for violence. in fact, it's almost quite the opposite. but I'll take your challenge if that's what you want. Aye, I aim to be a teacher of my skills one day. I'm almost there too, incidentally."

she had not kept walking, but she had stopped keeping track of where her feet were taking her. she was simply following her nose.
Mood: Interested
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Kinalune

They had been walking for a while now, and although Kina's little feet were used to long periods of travel, she was still beginning to feel weary. Luckily, being in the company of Varsha mitigated the strain that Kina would have felt otherwise by distracting her from her aches.

When Varsha asked Kina if she was suggesting something, the smaller firebender smirked, batting her eyelashes at the older woman briefly. ”I could be, but there will be plenty of time to figure all of that out later.” After a quick giggle, the teen stopped abruptly and jerked her hips in the direction of a small teashop with various colorful pastries displayed in the window. ”For now, how would you like to stop here for some refreshments?”

Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha's long legs and large feet had her quite used to standing and walking. Had she noticed Kina growing weary, she might have offered to help somehow. the smaller girl was cute; probably fairly easy to carry too. Varsha had carried much larger people before.

she chuckled at Kina's tease. "you know... someone as cute as you might just need to do little more than ask." she winked. Varsha's attraction had never been clear (although she was rather attractive herself), but a little friendly flirting wouldn't hurt. not in her eyes anyhoo.

her eyes followed Kina's as they glanced at the pastires in the teashop window.
"I'm a growing girl... I think?" she chuckled. "I'm always game for a few good eats. after you!"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Kinalune

The little firebender decided that she was now much more comfortable in Varsha’s presence than she had been before. After a little aimless flirting, the girl felt much more relaxed. ”Thank you,” Kina said as she walked past Varsha at the woman’s urging. She entered the little shop and was immediately hit by the aroma of baking sweets and herbal teas. The smell made her mouth water, and Kina swallowed.

There were even more goodies inside the shop, including decorative flowers in ornate vases and strings of twinkling lights. Glass cases filled with treats littered the area. The atmosphere was comfortable, and there were only a half a dozen customers sitting in the few small tables. A young woman stood behind the bar, a coin box on the space near her right hand. An older man tended to the kettles in the kitchen, which could be easily seen through a large glassless opening in the back wall.

Looking around, Kina commented, ”Everything looks so good! I don’t know what to get.” Kina turned her head. “What do you think, Varsha?”

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:17 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha might have been fierce and defensive when she fought, but for the most part, she was a very friendly person who was easy to be around because of her calm and amiable demeanor combined with her relaxed relaxed pose and gentle posture.

Varsha enjoyed the sights and smells. the noble life had treated her well in terms of her tastes, and despite being something of a rowdy fighter or sometimes even a bawdy drunk, she was familiar with the finer things of the world. When she was not in her gi, it was usually some sort of dark red elegant Fire Nation design. For, despite her dark skin, her heritage was from these selfsame islands. No one actually knew for sure, but she was raised on Shu Jing where other dark-skinned firebenders lived, and her firebending ability ruled out most possibilities of any Water Tribe heritage or whatnot.

She was not exactly strapped for cash. earlier in life she lived off of the coin of her parents, as she was too young to get a job, although nowadays, she did make pretty decent money teaching her passion to others, or simply doing other work on the side. Varsha was dilligent and dedicated. when she did a job, she did it well and did it efficiently. she was a very good and very hard worker.

she pulled out a handful of coins. "well..." she remarked, purchasing a small variety of goodies that caught her eye, "I'm fine with sampling a little of this and that. you're certainly right about it all looking..." she paused to sniff the air, "...and smelling; so good."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Lady Kinalune "Kina" Kunayak II

"All right, then. I'll pick out a few things for us to try." Kina walked up to the counter, her sandals clicking against the stone floor as she went. After a brief interaction with the clerk that involved a lot of pointing, Kina collected her assortment of treats, walked over to a small table, and sat down in one of the two chairs.

The pastries were warm enough that they still steamed. The candies were colorful and appealing. Kina didn't know what to try first. It was then that she realized that she had forgotten to get any tea. The young firebender stood and looked over at Varsha already stepping towards the counter, "Heheh, I forgot to get tea. what kind would you like? And how do you take it?"

Mood: MOOD
Condition: CONDITION

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:29 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha gave her a playful smirk and a nod. after all, the assortment of goodies she had gotten had also been intended for sharing as well. She unloaded her own candies and pastries onto the other side of the table, briefly sitting down as well before Kina pointed out they had forgotten the tea. She hopped right back up, her bare feet not even making a sound as they hit the floor again.

"Few things soothe my soul like a nice hot cup of jasmine tea." Varsha smiled, following the younger girl back over to the counter and placing an order accordingly. "and you?"
This was mostly just to learn of her preferences, but Varsha had plenty of money as well, and so it was not to say that she never treated a friend every now and again. While not explicitly an offer, she did not mind either way.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Kina nodded, "Jasmine is good. I think I like earl grey the best,though, especially with a little sugar." At this point, Kina had made it to the counter. She ordered her earl grey tea and stood, waiting for the man in the back to finish brewing it. Each of the shop's tables had serving dishes of milk, honey, and sugar, so there was no need to ask the clerk for any.

"To be honest, I don't drink tea as much as I should, so I haven't tried many different flavors. I tend to stick to water." Kina heard a distant kettle shriek, and the clerk handed her a cup moments later. It steamed heavily and smelled delightful. "Yum. Let's go get started on those goodies before they get too cold." She turned back toward the table and was back there with just a few steps, seating herself in the chair and taking a little sip of her tea.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

"well." Varsha smiled, chuckling lightly, "everyone's different, so I'd hardly expect everyone to agree on the best type of tea."
Having ordered her tea first, she received it sooner than Kina, although she was patient enough to wait till they both had their tea before starting on hers.

"I drink lots of water." Varsha chuckled, "there's nothing wrong with that either... if you lead an active lifestyle, hydration is paramount."
as soon as Kina got her tea, Varsha was swift in agreeing to sit down and enjoy their goodies. a brief survey of what she had to remind oher of her purchases, and she smiled up at the younger girl.
"although..." she continued on the earlier subject, "there are delightfully numerous kinds of tea. I would definitely recommend trying a few when you get the time and money if ya can."
with this, she took a sip iof her tea and started on the warmest goodies first. Despite her athletic build and brawler-appearance, Varsha actually had pretty good manners.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:16 pm

The girl shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, "Money isn't usually an issue for me unless I get lazy. I actually make a decent amount as a street performer." She grabbed a fluffy golden pastry from the table and took a bite from it. The gooey center was filled with creme and blueberries. Kina licked a bit of creme off of her lip before finishing the rest of the treat. She wiped the crumbs from her mouth with a finger and picked up her tea for another sip. "The problem isn't exactly time either, since I set my own schedule. I guess I just let the little luxuries of life like tea slip my mind sometimes." The brunette ended with a giggle before bringing the cup to her lips and drinking.

Kina's blue eyes darted to the front window of the shop, from which she could see Itachi staring at her from outside, his nose pressed tightly against the glass. When he saw that he had caught his master's attention, he laved the window with his tongue, perking his nubby little ears up. The firebender took a deep breath and shook her head, turning back towards Varsha. "Itachi's almost cute enough to make me feel bad about leaving him out there."

[/color]
Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha nodded. "fair enough." she gobbled up a few different-colored cookies, enjoying each one as it went down.  it bombarded her mouth with a multitude of flavors, which Varsha seemed to deeply enjoy.

she chuckled. "you too then?" she indicated, in reference to scheduling. "well... it's not like I am here to tell you what to do if anything. I am just making a suggestion."
it was true. Varsha had a strict code of conduct that she imposed on herself for herself to follow, but she did not force it or any of her other ideas, virtues, or opinions on others. The most she would do would be to suggest it, like i this case.

she giggled, her eyes following Kina's until they too saw Itachi. "he is pretty cute..." she quipped, "but then again, so are you." she winked playfully. Such was part of VArsha's sense of humor, and she guessed that she knew Kina enough to say such a thing without turning it awkward. If she was wrong... well, she has been wrong before, and so she'd only worry about it if it proved to be the case.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Kina squirmed happily in her seat, a stupidly pleased smile on her face. She was used to compliments regarding her physical appearance from strangers that pass her on the street. Hearing one from someone who had spent time with her was different, but not unwelcome at all. She giggled and stuck her tongue out playfully. "D'aww, thanks, Varsha."

"But anyway, how are you liking Ba Sing Se so far?” Kina knew she was crappy at small talk, but couldn’t help but try. The little firebender continued munching on her pastries and sipping at her tea. ”I’m enjoying it more than many of the other places I have been to.”

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha chuckled, thinking the 'dawww' was cute.
"you know," she indicated, "that will only make you cuter if you keep that up."
she chuckled again, consuming a few more of her goodies in front of her. it was a medley of tastes in her mouth which played quite the song for her tastebuds.

"Ba Sing Se is a nice place. lots to do, plenty of people to see, that sort of thing. It's certainly much different from the Fire Nation Capital. I've heard interesting stories here... about the city, the Dai Li, the queen... all that sort of thing. I think I personally prefer Shu Jing as my favorite place, but it might be because of my Zen Garden back home... so I'm probably biased." she chuckled.

She didn't necessarily go out looking for conversations, but she didn't mind small talk that much. She was a fairly sociable gal.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Kina flipped her bangs out of her eyes with a sharp jerk of her head and nodded, "Yes, I've heard those sorts of rumors floating around, but I don't usually pay them much mind. People like to get lost in their imaginations, and I honestly don't blame them most of the time." The girl looked up, into Varsha's eyes, taking a short time to admire their sunny hue. "Many aren't nearly as lucky as we are." She paused for a moment. "To have so much freedom, I mean. The ability to do as we please."

"Your home sounds like a lovely place. I'll bet your garden was very peaceful." Kina imagined the place with her mind's eye - green and lush and blossoming. She could almost smell the fragrant breeze through the trees and the warm, musky moisture in the air. It wasn't long before the train of thought led her to accidentally envision the ice gardens from her own childhood home. Unwelcome memories caused the firebender to flinch slightly and open her eyes, not realizing that she had shut them. Her voice was almost completely normal as she spoke, with only a faint hint of strain. "I'm not surprised that such a nice place would be your favorite, regardless of bias." In an attempt to cover her strange behavior, Kina widened her smile.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:12 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha stuck out her lower lip and blew a puff of air towards her own bangs to flip them out of her face. it was just a small strand, but it was a brief inspiration from Kina's little hair flip.

"if nothing else, they make decent stories." Varsha chuckled, "but I agree. there are ways to get to the truth of a situation. making up stories or spreading rumors is generally not the way to do so."

she nodded calmly. "of that I have no doubt. I do not take my wealth and freedom for granted. I take advantage of it, but I know that not many are as fortunate as I. I do not live extravagantly if I can help it. I am simple in my wants and needs."

Having been heavily disciplined and focused in her lifetime, Varsha was able to catch subtle things and even react to them accordingly. it was how she was able to give her best in sparring as a martial artist.

she smiled as Kina approved of her bias, but then paused, looking a little concerned.
"is everything alright?" she asked curiously. She was not expert at psychology or whatever, but she did try to help friends of hers when she could or when they needed it.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:38 pm

"Yes, some of them are quite entertaining, aren't they?" the little firebender laughed, agreeing with Varsha about the gossip. There were only a few of Kina's sweet treats left on the small table. She had eaten the best looking ones first, so all that remained didn't look terribly impressive. A meager sip of dark-colored tea puddled coldly at the bottom of her cup, which was no longer steaming. Kina finished all of her food and drink up quickly, wiping the crumbs from her lips with the back of her hand.

At Varsha's inquiry, Kina shook her head, "Yes, of course, everything's fine." The shock had been unexpected, but had quickly receded. "There's no need to worry." The brunette grinned sweetly at Varsha, suddenly very glad that she was not alone at this time. Wanting to steer the conversation in a different direction, Kina piped up with an idea that came to her, "Hey, what do you think about going somewhere really fun after this? We could go dancing or something like that. It looks like the sun is starting to set now, so it will be much cooler out." Kina's eyes were hopeful and bright as she blinked up at Varsha from across the table.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

(No Subject) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (No Subject)   (No Subject) Empty

Back to top Go down

(No Subject)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next