The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leaving the Murk

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kusu
Kusu

EXP : 805

Leaving the Murk Empty
PostSubject: Leaving the Murk   Leaving the Murk EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:32 pm

Kusu Sawamoto

It was a good, meandering pace that the swamp boat was setting, cutting slowly through the placid algae with the aid of some lethargic waterbending. The filthy tanned man was half-lounging, half-sprawled against the flat bottom of his vessel, jacking a single arm around to propel the boat forward, singing a twangy tune completely off-key, "Ah'ain naw bok'en ah'ain naw jaw'an ah'ain gon' jim'eh'jaw'neh...~" To an outsider, it might sound like he was imitating a swamp critter, but those were actual words coming out of his mouth, in a sing-song tone.

Kusu was heading away from the heart of the swamp, that lazy afternoon. He was actually heading toward Gao Ling, though the swampbender had no idea what lay in that direction. He only knew that he was being called somewhere else, and after two years of ignoring that call and suffering the consequences... it was time to heed the summons. Like many travelers, he wasn't carrying much; only the bare essentials that he could sling over his back and off his belt. Food would be procured along the way, save for the leftovers from the previous meal that were wrapped in leaves, waiting to be eaten once the sun began to set.

Around him, the swamp was quiet and calm, giving no notions that anything was amiss. Kusu was thankful, and simply continued to sing, "Ah'ain naw che'reh'me'reh an' ah'ain naw chik-ik-ik-ik'ikkeh an' ah'ain gon' jim'eh'jaw'neh...~ Ah'ain naw jig' an' ah'ain naw mok'ken ah'ain goooon'na jim'eh'jaw'neh...~!"

Mood: Good
Condition: Wandering

Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

EXP : 950
Birthday : 1991-04-18

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

Leaving the Murk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Murk   Leaving the Murk EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Kross had kept to the trees, being forced further into the swamp than he was comfortable with, but being alone, he could use his bending, and weapons and anything else he needed, no need to act the coward. He sighed and his passive face turned to a serious expression. What was he doing here, He wasn't really sure, He kept thinking of the bounty, taking out the rolls of paper in his bag to look at them. Kako, fire nation spymaster and one hell of a bounty, he tried to get excited about it but then he thought of Mieko, What would she think of him once he launched his plan into action, why should he even care? His head started to hurt, thoughts running though it unable to stop. He sat and calmed, one by one turning everything in his head off, going though the process of elimination in his mind to mimic meditation. Even with all the sounds of this swamp, the life happening around him, it was peaceful and then he heard something a little too human, though couldn't be sure if it was.

"Another Spirit?" He asked himself quietly, Dropping down towards the tree bases, landing silently and softly, he drew the fog around himself and started to head towards this oh so strange noise. It wasn't long until Kross came across it and was surprised to see a man in a boat in the middle of the swamp. "People actually live here?" he mumbled to himself. Observing for a few moments more, this man didn't seem like a threat, and being local, he may know a thing or two about how to deal with evil spirits. Kross neatened himself up, checked his bracers and headband out of habit, put on a smile, began to edge one hand into his bag then cleared his throat.

"Er, hello there, you wouldn't be able to help me would you, I seem to have gotten a little lost." he said, waving with his other hand to try and be more visible. He was in his Earth Nation gear, greens and yellows with hard lines, his tattoos covered, his black hair hanging naturally over a headband Green eyes made dark by the low light.
Back to top Go down
Kusu
Kusu

Leaving the Murk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Murk   Leaving the Murk EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Kusu Sawamoto

Hearing the nearby shout, Kusu blinked, coming to attention; the third verse of the yammering song would go unsung. Sitting up quickly, his hand stalling and then stopping, the boat came to rest lazily in the pond muck. "Ya'weh!" He called out with a laugh, pleasantly surprised to see another person, "C'm'on o'er'ere cous'le mu'gon' ge'tta sidd'own ri'te o'ere!" It was... gibberish, barely more understandable than the song had been, but the swampbender was also gesturing for the young man in Earth Kingdom clothes to come over and into the boat.

He didn't smell any worse than the swamp did already, thankfully, though he was clearly not the cleanest sort. The boat was steady, and would easily hold the both of them. "Y'hedd'in ta'mah tribe'en, jaw'?" Kusu asked, shortly after, his words becoming, once again, slightly more recognizable.

Mood: Good
Condition: Wandering

Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

Leaving the Murk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Murk   Leaving the Murk EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Kross took a few inhuman skips to keep his boots from touching mud and water, continuing to use the rocks and tree roots. to get closer. He had no idea what the person was saying, well, almost no idea, he could pick out a few words if he really tried. He paused for a moment to think about his friend Garrick, wondering if he would be able to understand this strange talking man. Maybe it was some kind of code and he just had to work it out, like a puzzle, Kross smiled at this thought, he loved puzzles, anything that required him to work things out. He watched the mans gestures then tried to translate what it was he said. "Come here and sit down." he muttered to himself. There were a few things that he didn't get but it would come to him in time.

The next problem to solve was the boat, it wasn't exactly within reach, did the man expect him to just wade through that filthy water? He may be used to it but Kross would rather not, He stared at the boat and then down at the murk, judging the distance. He looked around to check that no one was around to watch him other than the man, then took one final leap with his air bending, easily making the gap, and landing so softly on the boat that it hardly even shifted as he did.

"Er, thank you for stopping to speak to me." He tried uncertain. Would he even be understood if he spoke normally. If the man had never heard someone speak properly he may have just as much trouble understanding as Kross did. "I am Kross, I came from Gaoling Heading to Omashu I was attacked by a Spirit." He added, emphasizing the words he thought was important in the hope that, like him, the man would be able to pick out the general idea of the sentence. Pointing in the general direction of the places as he named them, punching an open palm when indicating an attack, and trying... very badly to make himself look like a spiritual blob.
Back to top Go down
Kusu
Kusu

Leaving the Murk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Murk   Leaving the Murk EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Kusu Sawamoto

The swampbender gave a whistle of appreciation, when the young man, now more apparently an airbender, leapt into the boat without it shifting, or making so much as a ripple on the surface of the water. "Gaw'dang, jaw' un'a dem win'bendin' folks?" He asked in that same sort of mellow, yet somehow still excited voice, "Ain' ev'e gon'n' seen un'a ya kin'afore."

Then, when Kross started speaking in slow, loud, enunciated words, he burst out laughing, slapping once at his leg in mirth. Glancing back up, with a broad grin, the filthy man spoke, "Y'ain' gotta talk a'slow, jaw'... Ah git'cha. F'get y'aw outta'folk ain' use'ta twang, y'ken?" Now, he should be much easier to understand. Reaching his hand out, the swampbender continued to grin, "M'name's Kusu... y'aw kin's'y "Cuss", cain't'cha?"

Shaking his head with a final, residual chuckle, he continued, "Y'aw heddin' t'Oma, an'y'hitt'a spook, 'ah?" Glancing the opposite direction that he had been steering his boat, he shrugged, "Re'kkin Ah'ain' doin' nuthin'... Ah'kin take y'outta th'swamp, y'ken? S'ol'murk ain'too kind t'strange folk, no more." Starting to wind his arm up again, using the other to form a sweeping motion, Kusu soon had the boat turned around, and then heading into the swamp, once again - assuming that Kross didn't have any complaints.

Mood: Amused
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

Leaving the Murk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Murk   Leaving the Murk EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Kross still had a raised eyebrow at every word but he was starting to piece everything together and make sense of what this strange person was saying, He felt a bit bad when he was told that there was no need to speak in such a strange way, as if he may have insulted this native, but he seemed pleasant enough, offering his hand. Kross looked at the hand with a little concern, it wasn't clean and it bothered him slightly but he didn't want to be rude anymore and grasped the mans forarm instead of hand. "Its a pleasure to meet you Kusu, I am Kross and yes, I'm an air bender, Though would prefer it if you didn't go announcing it to the world." he said while releasing the mans arms and adjusting his wrist and head bands. "Many of us don't leave the temples... I never really fit into that way of life."

As he offered to take him out of the swamp, Kross was about to decline his offer when he felt the boat turn and quickly sat down as to not tip over the side, He did not like boats too much, especially the small ones. "Well, you see, that's very kind of you but, I got separated from my group. I can't.... or at least, don't want to just leave without them. I had hoped that I would be able to find some way of dealing with the spirit." he said, looking at the man and all around, missing the streets and buildings of Ba Sing Se, the order and simplicity of it all.
Back to top Go down
Kusu
Kusu

Leaving the Murk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Murk   Leaving the Murk EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Kusu Sawamoto

"Jaw gon'a got t'spirits all inna wak'a'naw?" Kusu asked, raising his brows, letting his propelling hand go still, since Kross mentioned friends and spirits, "Ain'any good gon'come from all'a tha'..."

The swampbender pondered, for a moment, before waving his hand, in a wordless sign for his new companion to speak, "Jaw wak'a'naw wha' kin'na spirit, hoss?" He asked, starting to fiddle with his bundle of food, taking out a colorful mushroom. The fungus was then popped into his mouth.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leaving the Murk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Murk   Leaving the Murk Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaving the Murk
Page 1 of 1