The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leaving the Ice

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

EXP : 655

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Noe Kaskae

The ice floes were long behind; the two sisters paddled to a much warmer climate than they had ever traveled before. The trip had been made in silence, except for when the elder sister called out a change in direction, or pace. It had taken hours for them to get this far, and now the mountainous cliffs of the Earth Kingdom were finally in view.

Tersely, the older sister, Noe, pulled the kayak up against the rocky shore, hopping out to tug it onto dry land. Anger and rage wore at her like fresh cuts, but she struggled on, powering through them this time. Her hair was newly cut, as well - the ends uneven, longer in front and shorter in back - which only added to the wild look to her.

"Gotta ditch the kayak," She muttered to her sister, Illua, as she bent down to grab her pack from the bottom of their vessel, "Can't carry it." Because she definitely was not angry at her sister, she also definitely didn't want to end up yelling at her. Moving quickly, Noe shouldered her burdens and prepared to go, to get to higher ground.

Mood: Suppressed Fury
Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

EXP : 400

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Illua Kaskae

After sitting in the kayak for what seemed like forever. Illua and her sister see the mountains of the Earth Kingdom. Illua looks up in awe as they paddle closer. Though the journey was long and quiet, she is happy to be with her sister.

She gazes at her sister's hair with a saddened look on her face. She really did like her sisters hair. When Noe did let her play with her hair, Illua always enjoyed braiding it and putting it up in unique hair styles. She would have to offer her sister her help to make her hair look better, once again.

Coming back to the present as her sister speaks. She sees Noe tie the kayak up to some rocks and then grab her pack. Illua grabs her water skin, she keeps around incase she needs to water bend, and straps it to her back and hops out of the kayak. "Coming." she calls out as her sister is already half way up the beach. Illua runs after Noe. Her white cloak billowing as she runs.

Mood: Apprehensive

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

EXP : 3500
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Scholar
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Naseru & Kozue

The nearest Earth Kingdom stop from the eastern edges of the Fire islands was Makapu Village, and that is exactly where Naseru took little Kozue in his journeys with the child. He sort of felt bad for taking the little firebender into a land where she would be a minority and would therefore have much less of a chance at mastering her element, but she was only 3, and his travels were far from ever being over.

Right now, the little girl was asleep on Naseru's back, all snuggled up like a papoose. the thing he carried her in was Water Tribe by design, and worked well to keep her little body nice and snug while letting her head poke out to give the little girl some fresh air. While he himself was slender, he was in good physical shape and strong enough--at least, so it seemed. perhaps it was his Earth Kingdom genetics or something.

After reaching the village, he got himself a room, wondering if he should wake Kozue, but after some contemplation, decided not to. He would deal with her later, as she was a fairly easy child to take care of, much to his contentment.
After such things were out of the way, he decided to take a look around. He always liked scoping out the landscape to know what he was up against, so to speak. and, while Kozue was both blind and deaf, she would often react to things like temperature or landscape when she was awake.

He headed for the beach after several minutes of walking, noticing a couple of strangers out in the distance.
Mood: Cool
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Noe Kaskae

Noe was, because of her head start, the first of the two to notice the man ahead of them. While she made no obviously defensive moves, she did slow down, so that her sister could catch up, and place a hand on her battle club. Her clothes were all wrong, for this climate, and would definitely slow her down - if she didn't just overheat from any exertion.

Eying the stranger, she moved very slowly forward, ready to skirt right around him on the other side of the path... Had her sister not jumped forward and waved the stranger down, shouting amiably. Exasperated, she glared at Illua very briefly, but her gaze was soon rooted on the young man, once again. She definitely wasn't taking any chances, and her mood was shot to hell, as it was, already.

"Illu," Noe used the pet name for her sister, "Shut up." It wasn't harsh, but it was firm. She wanted to keep this interaction as short as possible.

Mood: Wary

Last edited by Noe Kaskae on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Illua Kaskae

As they walk up the beach. She sees a man walking toward them. Seeing them, she smiles and jumps up and waves wildly at the man. "Excuse me? Hello! Sir? Do you know where we are?" She walks quickly up to her sisters side.

At the order of her sister to be quiet. Illua gives Noe a disgruntled look. She crosses her arms and sticks out her tongue, "No. It does not hurt to ask where we have landed. He, maybe, can help us. Also don't call me Illu, No-No." she giggles.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru was slightly surprised to hear the strangers call out to him. maybe they recognized him or something?
He picked up his walking speed, approaching them so he would not have to yell in response. He had heard the question though, and soon enough he was in front of them, his own demeanor plainly visible to them, his bare feet curled on a rock. The little toddler on his back remained happily asleep, her eyes peacefully closed and her head leaning against Naseru's shoulder.

"You're just outside of Makapu Village." he answered, "it's barely half a mile that way." he motioned behind him.
His curiosity got the best of him, because he continued.
"What brings you two out here, if you don't mind me asking. "the Earth Kingdom is quite different from the Water Tribes, I reckon."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Noe Kaskae

"Shut up, Illu," She muttered again, though her eyes didn't leave the stranger when he hurried their way. Noe was definitely edgy, since she didn't know the environment, or the types of people that resided here.

"Just passing through," Noe answered his question when he reached them, her voice slightly tight, hand still resting on her ornate club. Her eyes moved from the young man, to the toddler asleep on his shoulder. Now, she was even more anxious to get away; babies were loud.

Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Illua Kaskae

Looks between the man and her sister. "You are so wary of people. I know full well that if this man attacked us, that you would protect me." she glances at the child on his back, and smiles happily. "Oh what a cute child!"

She wraps her arms around her tense sister and gazes at the man. She would gently turn her away from the man and child, "Thank you for the directions. We are very tired and are grateful for the help. Please don't take offense as to my sisters hostility. She is really a nice person when not tired." Illua would move her sister up the rest of the way of the beach and start to head toward town. Illua would turn to wave at the man.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru chuckled, glancing over his shoulder to check on Kozue, who was very quiet both when asleep and awake. however, the little girl was softly asleep, a cute little smile on her face, and a tiny hand on Naseru's shoulder.

"I'm glad I could help you then." he smiled at the younger sister. "and there's no offense taken. besides, it would take more than that to wake Kozue up anyways."
Even without saying it, it was fairly obvious who he was referring to when saying "Kozue", as it was a girl's name, and the only other girl was the baby on his back.

He watched as they turned and waved, deciding to follow them back--well, at least, he was going to just return to the town and do his own thing, unless they or someone else had something to add or something.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Noe Kaskae

As he was following them, he might hear the older sister chastising the first: "I can protect you, but you should keep yourself out of trouble!" Noe reasoned, "We don't know anyone here; we need to watch our backs." The irony, of course, was the she wasn't looking over her shoulder, at all, and was paying absolutely no attention to Naseru, who was inadvertently following them.

Once they reached the city, Noe pulled Illua to a stop, ducking just slightly off the road. She was definitely wary of everything, this one. "Alright," She told her sister, pointing a finger at her, "I'm going to check it out. You," She then pointed her finger down at the ground, "Stay right here."

Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Illua Kaskae

As they get to the village, and Noe pulls her off to the side only to make her stay where she stands. As Noe walks off she sticks her tongue out and calls to Noe "I am not a pet you can command!" though she listens to what Noe says a stays where she is.

As she waits, she removes her long, white fur cloak and lays it over her left arm and whistles as her sister skulks around making sure that this town is safe for them to stay at. She brushes off some sand and looks around, taking in the sights of the small village.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru quietly continued to the city, not purpisely trying to be silent, but simply being light on his bare feet and gentle in his steps as not to rock the tiny sleeping girl on his back. However, something that he did seemed to have woken her up, as he heard a tiny squeak and a moan, as well as a squeal-inducingly-adorable yawn.

She was deaf and blind, and shifted in Naseru's 'backpack'. sitting down and easing her out of it, he straightened her little dress and let her stretch. she whined a bit, but after handing her something to munch on, she seemed sated.
During this time, perhaps those sisters had beaten him to the city. He did not think much of it, although as he got back there, he ran into them again--or, at least crossed paths with them.

Watching their argument from a distance and with curiosity, he said nothing, and was not sure they saw him. he hoped he was not being too nosy--he was definitely far away that he was not even in their space at all. Little Kozue was in his arms, resting on his shoulder, and wearing a cute little red dress.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:00 pm

Noe Kaskae

Making the 'stay' motion at Illua one more time, Noe mutters, "I'm serious. Stay here." Then, turning, she moves to enter the village, walking quickly and quietly.

Once out of sight, Noe starts to undress a bit, shedding her heavy coat and most of her armor, stuffing the articles into her bag. She does keep on some of the lighter armor, however, for comfort. Then, slinging her pack back onto her shoulder, she begins to walk among the other people in the town, glancing all around as she goes.

Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:27 am

Illua Kaskae

She waves her sister off, and then leans against a building that they stopped near. Under that shade of the tree she cools off. She gazes up at tree seeing the lovely green leaves. She smiles seeing a tree up close and not in a book.

She looks around at the other people that are moving about their own business. Most of the people she see are wearing tan and green clothing. She spies the man and the little girl, who is now awake. She proceeds to then sit on the ground next to the building and wait for her sister to return.

Mood: Interested

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:05 am

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru did not have much to add, and did not approach the sisters just yet, as he did not feel that he should get involved in their affairs. however, it was clear they were new here, and while this village was not too dangerous, there were others that had many more shadier characters in them, and plenty were just downright hives of scum and villainy.

Being well-educated in the ways of the world, Naseru knew what to watch for and signs of a crime-ridden place, slums or otherwise. He avoided these for his own sake and especially for dear Kozue's.
Curiously stepping towards the younger girl, and glancing off in the direction of the older one, he leaned down to ask her something.
"Is this your first time in the Earth Kingdom, by chance?"
If it was, then he felt obligated to warn them of what might lie ahead, as few people made Makapu village their final destination.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Illua Kaskae

While sitting on the ground, Illua hums to herself. Coming to the Earth Kingdom was a big step for her. Leaving home and joining her sister after all the things that happened. She knew her sister could have been well off but Illua wanted to come, and felt she needed to be by her sisters side.

After waiting some time, Illua turns her head to see that man that met them on the beach, walk up to her. She scoots away a bit as he leans down to her level. As he speaks to Illua, her gaze falls from him to the small child who is now awake. Ilua nods to his question "Yes, this is the fist time we have ever been here." she returns her gaze back to the man, "Life in the Northern Water Tribe, although pleasant for myself, it was different for my sister." She shifts to sitting on her knees and look up at the man. Though she doesn't give him the whole reason as to why they left, she smiles and acts nicely toward him.

"I am excited to be here in the Earth Kingdom. I have read about it and have seen pictures of your cities." Illua glances around, keeping a watch out for Noe to return.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:33 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru listened to the younger waterbender explain what they were doing here and where they were from.

"Well..." he cradled Kozue towards his chest, and the youngster remained mostly quiet other than an occasional soft coo. "the Earth Kingdom is a nice place. I would just advise the two of you to remain careful on your travels. There are a lot of shady fellows here.. Well, not necessarily this village, but in the ones ahead, especially on paths to Omashu or Ba sing Se."

he paused. "if you do not mind me asking, where are you heading? Do you have any particular destination in mind?"

He had been extensively around the earth kingdom, and so knew most of the common routes between cities both big and small. He also knew which routes had the most bandits and the least. While many travellers were well-equipped to defend themselves, others were not so. he did not want to go making too many early assumptions though.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:38 am

Illua Kaskae

Illua nods and listens to him speak about the different cities beyond this village. Though she has heard of the cities he speaks of she is unsure as to where she and Noe are going. "I am leaving our destination choice to my sister. It was she that wanted to come here. I am just tagging along because I wish to be near my sister."

Illua glances around looking for her sister "I do hope she returns soon. I know that she is checking out this place, making sure it is safe for us." she hugs her cloak and looks back to the man "I an Illua, by the way. It is kind of you to offer advice about what lies ahead." she smiles and offers her hand to shake his.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am

Naseru & Kozue

The young man nodded politely and assessed the situation as he saw it. They would be safe here, as crime was minimal or non-existent here in Makapu. He had sort of hoped for a little more to work with in the hopes of making sure they didn't wander right into a bandit trap, but maybe he'd ask the other girl when she came back.

"well, luckily you won't find much danger in Makapu Village," he reassured her, nodding that this was Makapu village in case they had missed the sign. Kozue wriggled out of his arms, exposing her cute little toddler legs and belly for a moment before Naseru straightened her dress. instead of running off though, Kozue just plopped onto her butt and giggled, sitting there.

Shaking her hand, he introduced himself. "I am Naseru Amiti Litzak. this is my adopted daughter Kozue." he nodded at the baby, who looked to be in quite a good mood.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Illua Kaskae

Illua nods "It is a pleasure to meet you Naseru." she looks at him "I do hope that my sister and I don't hit any trouble along our travels." she reaches behind her head to tighten the pony tail.

Illua smiles as Kozue wriggles out of the Naseru's hold and sits between them. Illua looks to Naseru, "May I hold her? I promise to be very gentle and try not to scare her." she lays her cloak neatly on the ground, and tuns to sit in front of the toddler.

Illua moves her two long braids the hang down by her face to sit behind her shoulders so that they don't hit Kozue in the face if Naseru let's her hold the child.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:26 am

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru smiled as well. "I would not wish for either of you to do so either." he agreed. "that kind of trouble should come on no one."

Smiling sweetly and glancing down at his happy little girl, he nodded.
"She is very sensitive..." he explained, "to touch, I mean. Obviously isn't to say that touching her hurts... but she feels things much stronger than you or I. I think it might be because she is blind and deaf."
She was, and he knew this.

"Don't worry though. She's as harmless as an angel."
Standing Kozue onto her feet, he gently guided her towards Illua. After all, while she might have been disabled and unable to speak, Kozue could stand and walk just fine, and look adorable in that cute little red dress of hers.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Noe Kaskae
Noe Kaskae

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:49 am

Noe Kaskae

The town had been quiet enough for Noe to walk through, scoping out the crowds and the layout of the buildings. The unique design of the city left them with numerous ways out, in case of an emergency. The inn had given her a room, but it had taken all of the money that she had brought with her... If Illua had stayed home, she would have just camped outside; her sister was going to have to get used to that, if she didn't turn around and go home.

Satisfied with the position of the room, as well as with the town, she moved stealthily back to the entrance of Makapu City - she snickered momentarily, at the name - to collect her sister. Noe was hoping that she hadn't moved from that spot... Illua could be pretty hard-headed, when she wanted to be.

To her relief, she had stayed... but to her dismay, she was talking to that stranger that they had passed. "Illu!" She shouted, exasperated, irritated and protective, all at the same time, "What are you doing?!"

Mood: Irritated

Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:19 am

Illua Kaskae

At the sound of hearing Noe's voice, Illua stands quickly and looks toward her sister as she quickly walks up to her. Illua puts her hand behind her head and waves to Noe and a frightened smile crosses her face, "He...Hello sister. Did you get a good look at this villages we're staying in tonight?"

Illua quickly picks up her cloak and brushes it and herself off. She bows to Naseru, "Thank you for keeping me company while I waited for my sister to return." she scoots to stand behind Noe and smiles at Naseru.

Giving Noe a hug. Illua glances over Noe's shoulder at Naseru then looks at her sister "So where are we staying tonight?" She pats Noe on the shoulder.

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:32 am

Naseru & Kozue

After being interrupted by the return of the wet-blanket sister, Naseru softly took Kozue's hand, and then hoisted the girl back into his arms. He did not have anything to add, as he had no real place in their business.

"It was nice speaking to you, Illua." he said with a gently smile and a wave. Kozue seemed to notice it or had noticed that there was a person that was now leaving, and so she raised her little hand, squeezing the air as if to grip around something--a common way toddlers tried to imitate a wave.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Illua
Illua

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:51 am

Illua Kaskae

Illua waves goodbye to Naseru. Illua smile at her sister as they walk away. "Did you have a nice look around the village?" she glances at her sister as they walk. "You are going to have to lighten up about meeting new people while we're hear in the Earth Kingdom. You can't live in a cave for the rest of your life." Illua rolls her eyes "Though you may just prefer that."

Illua sighs as she follows her sister toward the inn. Illua looks at the different people moving about their lives.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leaving the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving the Ice   Leaving the Ice Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaving the Ice
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next