The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crafting a masterpiece [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adin
Adin

EXP : 280
Birthday : 1993-12-10

Crafting a masterpiece [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 5:23 am

Adin Ventio

Adin stood in his workshop in the outer rim of the grand city of Ba-Sing-Se, he planned on altering the progress of his current invention, a forceful glove that unfortunately led to terrible consequences for the user. He scrummaged through his toolbox for a small screwdriver. "Still too much force on the inner pulse" he said loosening some of the bolts on his glove. "It doesn't matter how many times I fail, when success is just over the horizon I shall see it one day". Adin leaned over his worktable and picked up a large pile of cotton, "Perhaps additional padding on the inside might lessen the blow?" he asked himself pondering the possible conclusions of his experiment. It wasn't yet in a proper state to reveal to the rest of the Earth Kingdom. Till then he would work in secret, slowly improving till his invention was ready. The workshop would probably have a few customers today, with the constant threat of the fire nation, everyone seemed in need of tools and weapons alike.

Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy

[/color]

Back to top Go down
Alice
Alice

EXP : 1125
Birthday : 1991-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 6:29 am

[OOC--no I won't use both character boxes each time. just sometimes. :B]

Raykel Maji Miyamoto

Alzei had said that the two of them were going to meet in front of a particular locale at the intersection of two named streets. Why it had not happened was a mystery to Raykel, as Alzei was usually not late. Raykel paced around a little bit in waiting. she was slightly less patient than her younger sister, but she was not worried about her, per se. After a few minutes though, she got bored of waiting and decided to have a look around. Leaving a note so her sister would find her, Raykel disappeared inside a little shop to have a look around. It seemed to have a slew of different gizmos and gadgets and weapons and tools.

Toys.

Raykel looked like a child in a candy shop with the interested way she was looking around all at once. her vivid blue colors stood out, but she had a belt around her waist that he a large, Earth Kingdom buckle that indicated her heritage. She also had some tribal Kingdom tattoos on her upper back, as did her sister. She did not seem to be looking for anything in particular, but was browsing around with great interest.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Perfect
Link: Raykel

Alzei Kuoka Miyamoto

Alzei had been running late because... well, because she could. She had taken a little snooze and had dozed a bit too long. It was nothing consequential, although she did roll her eyes a bit upon reaching the rendezvous point and finding an impatiently scrawled note from her sister.

Alzei...
you slow-ass. you took forever and so I'm in the shop across the street.
~Raykel~

she shook her head, pocketed the note, and soon joined her sister in the shop. While Alzei was mostly red in contrast to Raykel's blue, they had a few things in common. The tattoos on their backs were one of them (despite these being covered), and she too had an Earth Kingdom belt buckle. However, the similarity of their faces was what set them apart as very clearly being sisters.

her reaction was identical to Raykel's no less.

Toys.
The sisters didn't say much to each other (but they were aware of each other's presence), and were instead fascinatedly browsing the wares in question.
Link: Alzei

Back to top Go down
Adin
Adin

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:05 am

Adin Ventio

Adin stood in the back of his workshop, glove back on his hand placed on the chest of a wooden mannequin. He placed his other hand upon his arm for extra stability "Extra horizontal force put in for increased impact, and sight cushion upon the interior of the glove" he said, mentally taking notes of the changes he had made to the device. "Testing...in..three...two..on..". A huge explosion erupted inside the workshop and Adin was sent flying backwards. Smoke and dust was accompanied by Adin's body as it flew through the doorway leading to the front of the shop. He hit the stone counter with a massive thud. His slowly opened his eyes through the pain and coughed twice. "Too much horizontal" He said looking at the amount of damage in the back of shop through the doorway. Only the peg-stand that the wooden mannequin's torso had been standing on remained, there was even a small hole in the wall behind it. Adin sighed "I guess i'll have to install the back window a little earlier than expected" He slowly rose to his feet and turned around to face the front of the shop. Only to be surprised that there were in fact, customers in his workshop "oh, please excuse my unprofessional entrance ladies" Adin said wiping the small bit of blood on his face onto his work smock, he then removed it and tossed it aside. He placed his glove underneath the counter in a small chest and then with a motion of his hand, locked the chest with his metalbending. "Welcome to Yasha's Metalworks, how could I interest you ladies today?" The two women had his attention, their general appearance and tatoos told him they weren't fire nation, but one could never be too careful, as every rose has it's thorn.

Mood: Calm
Condition: A little bumped

[/color]

Back to top Go down
Alice
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Alzei Kuoka Miyamoto

naturally, both girls turned their heads when they heard the explosion and saw it a moment later. both exotic ladies were fairly easy to notice, although the one in red had slightly darker skin. none of their tattoos were visible at the moment, although a few could easily be revealed with the right motions.

"are you okay?" Raykel looked concerned. Alzei deducted more based on his confidence that he was, but if her sister was willing t o investigate the problem further, she was welcome to.

"I'm just browsing." Alzei gave an honest shrug. "you've got some interesting things here..."
she figured he knew she didn't need to be led by the hand around the store, and so she'd resume her browsing.

Back to top Go down
Adin
Adin

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:16 am

Adin Ventio

"oh, yes..I'm...I'm fine" Adin said while fixing his vest and brushing the dust off his vest. He hopped over the counter and brought his pointer finger and thumb up to the girl's chin, "Though thank you for the concern my good lady", with a swift movement he released her and spun right past her. "as for you" he said eyeing the woman in red up and down. "Browsing is useless if you don't know what some of these things even do!". He lifted a large metal device and placed it on the table.  The device started with a gloved instert meant for the hand with a trigger system just inches from the fingers of the glove. A large metal dome covered the glove and was wrapped in a thick metal chain, at the end of the dome laid a huge metal claw. "For instance, what do you think this does?" he asked the woman in red.

Mood: Interested

[/color]

Back to top Go down
Alice
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 4:01 am

Alzei Kuoka Miyamoto

Raykel nodded and then went back to her business. she was not sure why he had touched her the way he had, but she didn't ask about it.

Alzei chuckled. "well... I figure that someone has to tell me what they do." she indicated. "I haven't the slightest idea what it does or what it might do... so why don't you gfo ahead and show me?"
shew asn't being sarcastic or anything either; but he had a point. she didn't know what half of these things did, but was more than willing to find out, as long as she didn't become a test subject or something crazy like that.

Back to top Go down
Adin
Adin

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 8:03 am

Adin Ventio

Adin smiled at the woman's words, the chance to show off his inventions was less common than the average person would expect. Besides if he could impress them with his devices perhaps he'd be able to get them to test them and do a little work for him. "Excellent!" Adin shouted raising his arm into the air. With a small move of his hand inside the glove part of the claw arm the device shot the claw section of the device upwards into the air, the sound of chains rattling echoed through the workshop as the chain that connected the claw to the glove clinked as it flew through the air. The claw dug into one of the wooden support beams in the ceiling of the workshop "As you can see the device is wonderful for grabbing what would normally be out of one's reach, something across a room or a high up ledge for example.. Adin pressed the second trigger inside the glove and the chain quickly started retracting into it, pulling him into the air. "Also handy for quick escapes if danger might come from below", he pressed the release trigger and the claw released from the support beam, he landed on top of the beam and popped a squat. He looked down at the girl below "So?" he asked with much desire in his eyes "what do you think?"

Mood: Interested

Back to top Go down
Alice
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Alzei Kuoka Miyamoto

Alzei watched with interest and with wide eyes at the marvelous little gadget that was being presented. Already her mind was shifting gears and contemplating how many ways it would be useful, and the benefits seemed to vastly outweigh the risks.

looking up at him, she grinned. "it looks pretty damn awesome if you ask me." she nodded. "are you selling?"
because if he was, she was buying. If not, she was at least hoping to try.

Back to top Go down
Adin
Adin

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Adin Ventio

Adin maintained a straight face but beneath his calm demeanour he was excited at the opportunity for a transaction of sorts. "I could be convinced to part with it" he said as he walked back behind the counter of the shop. "But a person such as myself doesn't dabble in things as simple as money" he placed his hands down on the counter. "I need...a job done, if you're up to the task you can keep the claws". He pulled the glove he had been wearing earlier out from under the counter and placed it on the hard wood. "My newest invention is still in the prototype stage and requires quite a bit of tampering. I'm in need of a kinetic dampener, something that'll ease the strain of the hand of the person wearing it... Find something for me that can fit that kind of property and the claw is yours.". Adin wasn't sure if he could trust these two girls to get the job done for him, but he couldn't spare the time to go searching for supplies himself, so they would have to do.

Mood: Plotting
Condition: Doing Ok

Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

EXP : 1105

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:48 am

"I am terribly sorry to inturrupt-" Shi Sen stood in the doorway holding a large, bronze sundial that appeared to be warped. "But this is rather heavy-" She set it down, careful not to put it on her foot and pushed it into the shop. After a much-needed gulp of air, she straightened herself up, brushed the wrinkles from the front of her kimono where she had rested the dial and straightened up her hair a little. "I apologize for the inturruption, but I was hoping you might have a look at this when you have a free moment?"

Shi Sen gestured to the slightly warped sundial. It sagged at one side and the triangular piece that should cast a shadow was bent as though it had been dropped or melted. The stand on which it stood seemed to be in a decent condition though. Never-the-less, it was of little use to her in the state it was in. Shi Sen settled back against the doorway and waited her turn to speak with the gentleman behind the counter.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 3:29 pm

Raykel Maji Miyamoto

Alzei seemed okay with the notion, already letting her mind get to work on thinking what sort of kinetic dampener he would be looking for. Raykel, however, seemed to need or want a little more convincing.
"so... what do *I* get out of this?" she asked, "sure my sister gets a cool pair of claws, but that still leaves me empty-handed now, doesn't it?"
She was not trying to be rude or anything, but the sisters were nigh inseparable. "Anything else you might need that we can fetch you?" she put on her cute expression, although there were no underhanded implications to her statement.
Link: Raykel

Back to top Go down
Adin
Adin

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 5:33 am

Adin Ventio

Adin turned to his blue haired customer "You?, why yes of course.." his eyes flowed past her towards the back room. "excuse me for a moment please". Adin walked past the counter into the back of his store. "now....where is it?" his voice echoed through the dim lighting that. Adin walked back through the wooden archway holding a small wooden box with a golden latch. "While your tastes might be similar to that of your sister's, perhaps your personal preference might be for something, appeasing to the eye?". Adin placed the tiny chest on top of the wooden counter and flicked up the latch, his eyes glittering from the reflection of the contents. From within the chest he raised a silver chain, at the end of which was a beautiful jade pendant adorned with a dazzling jewel. "I assume this will suffice for your payment?" he said with a sly grin on his face. "get me what I need and the items are yours."

Spoiler:

Placing the pendant on the counter top Adin brought his attention toward his new customer. "Oh allow me" he said graciously. With a swift flip of his arms the heavy metal sundial basically appeared to have magically jumped on top of the wooden counter all on it's own. The movement was luckily due to his intense skill at metal-bending, rather than witchcraft of any kind. " tell me, what occured for this dial to become to distorted? With this kind of warping one could assume that there were some high temperatures involved" he explained as he pointed out the alteration in the metal. "So tell me...what exactly happened?"

Mood: Confident
Condition: Just fine

Back to top Go down
Shi Sen
Shi Sen

EXP : 1105

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:44 pm

Shi Sen watched the heavy object swoop from her grasp like a leaf in a storm. "I wish I could tell you precisely what happened, but the truth is, I don't know." She straightened herself up, again, brushing the wrinkles from her fabrics. "I hate to point fingers without evidence, but I think it may have been some young boys practicing their fire bending technique... or lack-there-of."

Her attention shifted from the sun dial to the gentleman behind the counter. It hadn't occured to her in her strain, but he was actually very good looking. Subconciously, she tugged at the silk around her shoulders, exposing them. She withdrew her bronze and green fan from her obi and snapped it open. She had remembered to apply her war paint and was glad she'd arranged her weapon of choice. She swirled the fan back and forth strategically, calculating her chances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crafting a masterpiece [Open]   Crafting a masterpiece [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Crafting a masterpiece [Open]
Page 1 of 1