The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Run, Run, Run Away

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Umi ~ Sora
Staff Admin
Umi ~ Sora

EXP : 325

Character Description
Position: Runaways
Nation:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:47 am

Sora Chinmoku ~ Umi Yorokobi

"Sora, come onnnnn. We can't hang around here for long." Umi demanded as Sora shuffled along after her. The day was pleasant, as usual in Earth Kingdom climate. Ba Sing Se's lower ring was no place for two young teens to be, and Umi knew it too. But it was far easier to take in the poorer marketplaces than in the upper ring, and therefore here was where the two tended to find their meals.

Sora, as usual, said nothing. Instead she made some short, quick movements with her hands. Well, I'm sorry. The pastries just smell so good, I wanted to swipe one.

We can't take much and you know it, came Umi's response, and the two disappeared through the crowds as quickly as they had arrived. A few hours were spent with the two sharing the bread, cheese, and nuts that they had taken between themselves. The upper ring wasn't too far off now, and Umi couldn't wait until they got home.

Well, if you could call it a home. The girls lived in an old root cellar under one of the old mansions; there were plenty of people still inhabiting the old castle but the root cellar was unnoticed. It had fallen into disrepair through the years and when Umi had stumbled upon it, it had obviously not been opened in a very long time.

Crawling through a small hole in the courtyard walls, the two would make their way to the back of the upper ring home, opening the creaky door down into the earthen hovel below. They had lanterns and food and blankets, and had been living here for a few months now.

Sneaking into the cellar was the easy part. Not getting caught on the way there was the challenge. But they were so close, the two began playing around instead of keeping watch for anyone looking particularly suspicioso.

"Hey! Wait a second!" a feminine voice called from behind the girls, and Umi turned around slowly, hiding part of her face behind her hair.

"Yes?" she asked innocently. The woman looked at her curiously for a moment before handing Umi's dagger to her.

"You dropped this," she said cheerfully. Umi's eyes narrowed as she regarded the woman. There was no way her dagger would have fallen from her belt.

"Thanks," the fourteen year old responded as she took it with one hand, motioning to Sora with the other. Run. Go home. Don't go anywhere until I meet you, she commanded, and Sora turned immediately and began running down a side street.

"Umi Yorokobi, you just sent away half of my prize," the woman said, looking thoroughly disappointed. Her face was plain with wide set eyes and limp blonde locks. Her eyes were a dull almost-black color.

"Terribly sorry, but I don't feel like getting caught today," Umi said as she unsheathed her dagger.

"Put that thing away, you silly child. It's time you came home. Your parents miss you," the woman sneered. Umi looked at her flatly before sheathing the dagger and strapping it to her belt once more. "Good," the lady said, pleased with herself.

Umi smiled at her, then turned and ran in the direction opposite to Sora.

Mood: Gone ~ Silent
Condition: Healthy ~ Healthy

Back to top Go down
Kiirvon
Kiirvon

EXP : 780

Character Description
Position:
Nation: Fire Nation

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 1:02 am

Kiirvon "Firebrand" Kir

Well at least it wasn't guard duty. Still stupid, though, having to be in the platoon that always seemed to do the more "political" jobs. In this case, for whatever reason, the Fire Nation wanted to show troop presence in the Earth Kingdom, or whatever. Release efforts, though, so at least she got a chance to help. Fire Nation soldier handing out supplies to the poor of Ba Sing Se. Kiirvon herself didn't mind the job, but was away for a break to--

A kid clipped into the soldier as she turned into the street, almost knocking the unsettled woman off of her foot. There always seemed to be something interesting going on everywhere she went, but didn't really have the immediate leisure to ponder the purpose to it. She pushed back a lock of clean auburn hair knocked loose by the encounter as she looked to the child with gentle blue eyes. "Hi, sorry. Didn't see you there. Are you alright?" Her voice was soft, in mild contrast to her toned, somewhat masculine shape of athletic proportions. It was clear from her crimson, marked platemail and weapon that she was a foreign soldier. She looked Fire Nation, minus the icy eyes.

Mood: Apologetic
Condition: Kempt

Last edited by Kiirvon on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Umi ~ Sora
Staff Admin
Umi ~ Sora

Character Description
Nation:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 1:39 am

Umi was so close to losing the idiotic woman following her; she rounded a corner, almost letting out a whoop as the woman continued straight ahead-- and collided with someone. She mentally uttered an expletive, shaking herself off and looking up at her obstacle.

Well. Her obstacle was pretty and kind looking at least. Her eyes were blue and she had some scars on her face; a soldier. But from the Fire Nation! Lucky break.

"Hi, sorry. Didn't see you there. Are you alright?" she said kindly. Umi shrugged in response.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just playing with some friends. Sorry for knocking into you like that," she said a little nervously, tugging on a dark brown strand of hair before looking nervously at the corner. Her follower seemed to have lost the trail though and Umi visibly relaxed.

"You're not from around here, are you?" she asked curiously, taking in the armor and the woman's height; Earth Kingdom folk were usually shorter, though the muscle mass seemed about right.

Back to top Go down
Kiirvon
Kiirvon

Character Description
Position:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 1:54 am

Kiirvon "Firebrand" Kir

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just playing with some friends. Sorry for knocking into you like that," the girl said.

"Oh it's fine, I wasn't exactly watching my step, either." She ruffle the kid's hair playfully, looking around. It was worth a mental not that there didn't seem to be anyone the kid's age in sight. Not any that seemed to be paying attention, at least. Despite being lied to, Kiirvon was one to give kids the benefit of the doubt.

"You're not from around here, are you?" The little girl was correct, of course.

"Yeah, I'm from a small village in the Fire Nation. I'm a soldier, though, so I get to travel all over the place," With a smile, she leaned down to make the Fire Nation's emblem on her breastplate more visible. "So where are your friends, you seem to have been separated from them." Her own curiosity was taking over now. She didn't exactly have to return to her post until at longest tomorrow morning, for assembly at 'camp'. Asides, it would be hypocrisy to avoid a kid that might need her help.

Mood: Curious

Last edited by Kiirvon on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Umi ~ Sora
Staff Admin
Umi ~ Sora

Character Description
Nation:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 2:12 am

The soldier ruffled her hair, and Umi found herself genuinely smiling. She even chuckled softly to herself as she tucked the few strands that came loose from their pins back into place. For fourteen, she could be very proper.

"Yeah, I'm from a small village in the Fire Nation. I'm a soldier, though, so I get to travel all over the place," she explained, and Umi grinned.

"Where do you travel? Is it fun being a soldier?" she asked; the curiosity that comes with childhood had not quite been grown out of yet.

Then she was asked about her friends. "Oh, um... we'll catch up. We have a rendezvous point for when something unexpected comes up. This time, Umi was being entirely truthful. Sora was probably back in the cellar under the mansion, awaiting Umi's return. Umi always returned.

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Kiirvon
Kiirvon

Character Description
Position:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 2:24 am

Kiirvon "Firebrand" Kir

The kid smiled, and Kiiri reflected the expression. "Oh, it's plenty fun. I've been to every capital of every nation, so far. I get to meet a ton of fun people, like you." She stood up, but not to be authoritative, merely from the discomfort of crouching in armor.

"Oh, um... we'll catch up. We have a rendezvous point for when something unexpected comes up." A little suspicious, but Kiirvon didn't mind much. Still, though, it'd be best to take part in this to see how she could lend a hand. It was her civic duty, after all. Since when does helping a stray aid the world's people? If I can't help a kid, how can I ever hope to help anyone? She knew she shouldn't really respond when Those Thoughts came to mind. After all, that was a persona she was the master of, not vis-versa.

Her mind was wandering, though. She smiled broadly, reaching down to take the girl's hand gently. "Let's rendezvous with your friends, then. Don't worry," she put a finger to her lips with a friendly wink, "I'm trained for top secret missions. Asides, you never know when you'll need a bodyguard."

Mood: Intrigued

Last edited by Kiirvon on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Umi ~ Sora
Staff Admin
Umi ~ Sora

Character Description
Nation:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 2:38 am

"Oh, it's plenty fun. I've been to every capital of every nation, so far. I get to meet a ton of fun people, like you." "Oh man, that's so cool," Umi thought to herself as the soldier rose from her crouch.

Then she smiled, taking Umi's hand. The runaway didn't recoil; instead, she nodded. "Okay. But it's seriously like.... the biggest secret ever. Oh, and I'm Umi!" she said cheerfully, already leading the way through the streets she was so very familiar with. After all, she had spent the past few years living on them.

She was fairly small, even for fourteen, and so her strides were short but quick. "So why did you become a soldier?" she asked; it wasn't often that she conversed with people other than Sora, so she found herself fairly talkative. Especially with one who seemed to be so trustworthy.

Mood: Cheerful ~ Silent

Back to top Go down
Kiirvon
Kiirvon

Character Description
Position:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:01 am

Kiirvon "Firebrand" Kir

Kiirvon always loved children. They were so innocent, though sadly exposed to influences more external. There was no bad children, per se; only bad upbringings. "Oh. Nice to meet you, Umi. I'm Kiiri." She followed along in pace with the girl, leading her who knew where. The pace was difficult to keep with, but Kiirvon did well enough for how much taller she was.

"Well I wanted to help people out," lowering her voice to a playful whisper, "like being a bodyguard for classified missions like this. I'm not so good with grown-up stuff like politics, though, so bein' a soldier was better."

Even though the girl was fairly well-kempt, Kiirvon's observations never escaped the visual truth. The girl wasn't under the care of any parents, but Kiiri wouldn't pry. The world was not a forgiving, nor forgivable place. Dark, coming from you. Shush, you.

Mood: Intrugued

Last edited by Kiirvon on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Umi ~ Sora
Staff Admin
Umi ~ Sora

Character Description
Nation:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:24 am

Umi listened intently, nodding but not verbally responding. This woman's reasons for becoming a soldier seemed so right, so justified, that Umi was quite alright with taking her to her secret hideaway.

"Kiiri? Gosh, that's pretty," Umi said with a smile, taking her hand from Kiiri's grip and pushing a stone out of her way. It wasn't too large, though usually Umi had Sora's help and so she pushed with all of her weight against it to make it budge. A deep gouge in the ground next to the stone indicated that this was not the first time she had done this.

She smiled at the soldier, putting a finger to her lips and indicating that she should still be followed before ducking through the hole in the high wall; upon reaching the other side, a beautiful courtyard stretched out before them. Obviously the family within the mansion had not been out here in some time though, because the pond was half-dried and there were no flowers nor pets of any kind.

She led the way to the back of the house, looking back to make sure that she was still being followed. Then, she knocked softly in an odd rhythm. The sound flooded Umi's mind with old memories as it always did, but these were ignored as the tinkling of a chain on the other side chimed through the air.

The door swung slightly open and Sora emerged from within, a little bit of dirt smudging her nose and cheeks. She immediately noticed Kiiri and her wide eyes looked at Umi quizzically.

You brought a stranger?

It's okay, she's a friend.

Umi, what if we get caught? She's a soldier, look at her! What if she turns us in?

Have I ever put you in danger before? Hush. She's from the Fire Nation and she's really nice. She wanted to make sure we were safe. You're being rude, go introduce yourself.

The entire conversation was carried out with fluttering hand gestures and mouthed words, finally ending with the honey-locked eleven year old waving politely at Kiiri.

"This is Sora. She's like my little sister, I guess. But she can't speak because of something that happened to her when she was a baby, so we have to talk with our hands. I was telling her that you're nice and not to worry." Umi explained with a smile. There were no windows overlooking the cellar from the house, and so the group of females were not likely to be caught.

Mood: Cheerful ~ Silent

Back to top Go down
Kiirvon
Kiirvon

Character Description
Position:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 7:44 pm

[Will be posting soon, so please grant me patience.]
Back to top Go down
Kiirvon
Kiirvon

Character Description
Position:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:16 am

Kiirvon "Firebrand" Kir

"Oh, Kiiri's just short for Kiirvon. Umi's such a prettier name," as the child began pushing a stone. Kiiri helped her out, lending some of her considerably experienced muscle fibers lighten the resistance for the young one. The tracks in the dirt was definitive of repetitive use. The Soldier had already figured the general idea of Umi's living situation, so was scant surprised to see that they'd hidden in an abandoned section of some rich family's grand housing. In fact, it seemed such was a blessing in comparison to many.

As Umi hushed her, she winked and shut her lips tightly, following her new friend closely-- and about as quietly as an armored soldier might. Quiet as a gear-driven mouse, barely a peep more than soft clanks across the decrepit garden and up to the door. It was who waited on the other side that came of some surprise. Sister, maybe? She didn't speak, though she was clearly caught agape at Kiiri's attendance. The motions of her hands made the reason clear.

After Umi cleared the air, the young soldier waved back, leaning to look over Sora with a warm smile. "You are so pretty, Sora. It's great to meet you." It was strange how she spoke to them in an adult tone; she took the two seriously as they clearly treated themselves. She had a weakness for children, though. She wasn't in too great a position when she'd been growing.

For the instant, Kiiri waited to be allowed in politely. This was their home, after all. At least the one they had claimed for themselves.

Mood: Kindly

Back to top Go down
Umi ~ Sora
Staff Admin
Umi ~ Sora

Character Description
Nation:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:21 am

"You are so pretty, Sora. It's great to meet you." Kiiri responded, and Sora smiled.

You're really pretty too; some people probably don't think so 'cause of your scars, but I like 'em. And I like your eyes, they're really cool. Sora signed back. Obviously Kiiri wouldn't be able to understand, and it took Umi a second to realize that she was needed as a translator.

"Oh, she thinks you're pretty as well. And she likes your eyes." she said, leaving out the parts that could be taken offensively. Sora gave her a small disgruntled look; Umi pretended not to notice, before licking on of her thumbs and trying to clean the smudges of dirt from Sora's face. Sora was obviously protesting, waving her arms and trying to push Umi away, but she remained silent as always.

Eventually her face was clean; well, as clean as it could be from Umi's mother-ish tendencies. "You wanna come in?" Umi asked with a small smile. "I mean, it's not great, and it's a little dirty, and kinda small because you're really tall, but... you can come inside if you want." she added.

Sora didn't bother waiting for Kiiri's answer. It was obvious that being outside of the cellar made her uncomfortable, and therefore she ducked back into the hovel, the old wooden door creaking faintly behind her. Umi remained outside though, smiling faintly at her new companion.

Mood: Cheerful ~ Cautious

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Kiirvon
Kiirvon

Character Description
Position:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 1:34 am

Name: Kiirvon Kir

Mood: Content, Nice

Masteries:
Blades (Expert)
Fire (Intermediate)
Hand-to-Hand (Intermediate)

"Oh, she thinks you're pretty as well. And she likes your eyes." Even though Sora seemed to have said something other than Umi had proclaimed, Kiiri could tell it was not in offense from the silent girl's expressions.

Umi's motherly action did make the soldier giggle from the thought. The two were either sisters, or had adopted one another as such. Kiiri waived the grim reminder of her motherless childhood. After all, she'd been raised by her eldest cousin.

Umi, before her sister ducked into their home, "You wanna come in?"

Kiiri nodded gently, shifting through the door, kneeling down to keep her head away from the roof. She shifted aside, looking for a comfortable place to take a seat. As her eyes scanned around, she ended her gaze back on Umi. "So are you and Sora born sisters," she inquired. She figured it was a harmless question, at the very least less so than asking about their parents.

Last edited by Kiirvon on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Umi ~ Sora
Staff Admin
Umi ~ Sora

Character Description
Nation:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Umi shoved a crate with a pillow on it in Kiiri's direction so she could take a seat. Two barrels of water held up a wooden plank; on this plank, there were dishes, a bucket, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, and other essentials to hygiene. Behind the barrels and makeshift counter top, there were some dusty cans of food and bags of rice.

There was also a bed; two blankets on the ground, and a quilt on top. There was also a pillow, of course. Behind this were two piles of clothes--dirty and clean. Sora rested on top of the blankets, analyzing Kiiri still. Umi sat down on a similar crate to Kiiri; these crates were filled with whatever the cellar had been originally used for.

"So are you and Sora born sisters?" Kiiri asked and Sora shook her head. She was strangely willing to converse with the stranger, albeit not being able to talk.

Nope. Best friends. Sora said; the sign for best friends was interlocking the fingers of her hands. Hopefully Kiiri could understand, because once again, Umi forgot that she couldn't sign.

"No. When I was eleven, Sora moved to Ba Sing Se. We were neighbors and became friends when I stood up for her at school. Kids were really mean to both of us, and we made up our own sign language." Umi said, smiling fondly at Sora. Sora smiled back, grinning.

"When I ran away from home, Sora came with me. She didn't want to be alone. Her parents were nice but they never really bothered to learn how to communicate with her."

Umi wasn't a very secretive person, although she trusted few because of her status as a runaway. But Kiiri was trustworthy, and Umi had always been talkative. Sora sat quietly, playing a solitary game of cat's cradle.

"What about you? Do you have any family?" Umi asked curiously. She was wondering because Kiiri was a soldier; she once met a soldier that had joined the service because his family was murdered.

Mood: Happy ~ Calm

Back to top Go down
Kiirvon
Kiirvon

Character Description
Position:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Name: Kiirvon Kir

Mood: Content, Nice

Masteries:
Blades (Expert)
Fire (Intermediate)
Hand-to-Hand (Intermediate)

Taking the seat fashioned for her, Kiirvon made herself comfortable. They had dug their feet pretty deep in this spot, per say. They seemed to even be doing pretty well, especially in the case they were both kids. It was admirable to a degree, even, with them not even being true sisters, but Kiiri knew that they held a bond just as strong as siblings. She was familiar with such an idea, herself.

It was a little surprising, though, that their exile was by choice. She wondered why, but figured that might be too sensitive for her to ask just yet. It was nice, though, that they were able to get by together. Friendship wasn't something to take for granted.

"What about you? Do you have any family?"

It was a tougher question for one such as Kiiri, but in the end it only took a little thought to explain-- delicate as it was, she had come to terms with it long ago. "Sadly, I grew up without a mom, and my big cousin raised me like a father would. So he's the only family I got." She smiled, despite the more morbid intimations behind not having parents. But since the subject was out in the open, it was more proper to ask. "So you ran away from your parents, or..." She left the question open-ended for an answer, since she knew nothing of their home life, minus the mention of Sora's parents.

Back to top Go down
Umi ~ Sora
Staff Admin
Umi ~ Sora

Character Description
Nation:

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 11:41 am

Merry Christmas, here's your present. It's a day early though:

"Sadly, I grew up without a mom, and my big cousin raised me like a father would. So he's the only family I got." she said with a smile. Umi immediately appreciated Kiiri's cousin, because she rather liked her gentle kindness and personality all around. "So you ran away from your parents, or..." came another question, albeit incomplete.

"Yep!" Umi said cheerfully, crossing her legs and resting her elbows on her thighs. "When I was twelve, my parents started acting funny. We didn't really go anywhere anymore, and they spent all of their time just staring at me. A few days after my thirteenth birthday, they started fighting. My dad told my mom that I wasn't his kid and that she was... a...adultyrus." Umi's eyes had slowly filled with tears, and Sora was just a little bundle under some blankets. It appeared that she had had enough of the day.

"Finally I had enough. They wouldn't listen to me, they didn't understand that just because I couldn't bend didn't mean I was a different person. They didn't stop yelling long enough to notice me packing. And... we've been by ourselves ever since." Umi had finished, scrubbing at her face with a sleeve of her jacket. The tears were now gone, but it was a little pink.

The emotional damage that her father alone had done was evident in her demeanor. Nearly two years away from her parents had not changed anything in the way of forgetting or forgiving.

Mood: Sad ~ Hiding

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Run, Run, Run Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run, Run, Run Away   Run, Run, Run Away Empty

Back to top Go down

Run, Run, Run Away
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Earth Kingdom :: Ba Sing Se-