The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Down for the Money [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Senpak Chu
Senpak Chu

EXP : 785

Character Description
Position: Bodyguard/Butler/Personal Assistant for hire
Nation: Fire Nation

Down for the Money [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:24 am

That morning Senpak Chu noticed that the market had been busier than usual. People were huddled up in small groups and seemed to be talking frantically about something. Some were even waving their hands in the air and seemed to tug on their compatriots as if in a hurry. Trying not to attract too much attention, Senpak moved a little closer. In the past days that he had been mingling with the "commoners", he had noticed they didn't seem to be really fond of people with his background. He tried not to take it to personally, but it made dealing with them rather awkward. The butler knew they couldn't help that half of them had never heard of proper etiquette, let alone personal hygiene, but that didn't excuse them from showing a bit of courtesy towards a gentleman down on his luck.

Edging ever closer Senpak noticed the excitement seemed to revolve around a piece of paper hold up by somebody in the middle of the group. Resisting the urge to just grab it, he tried to listen in on their conversation.

"... and they say there are five of them! They say it is a big mystery where they went! The parents have offered a reward for anyone who can bring them some information"!

They had his attention, but now they had his interest. Any form of money would be welcome to Senpak. It had been too long since he ate a well prepared meal. He knew the restaurants here were trying, but it did not compare to the standards the young butler was used to. Unfortunately cooking was not one of his own skills, making complaining about the food futile. He had learned that the hard way.

Senpak decided to wait until the excitement would have quieted down a bit and he could manage to get his hands on one of those pamflets. He still didn't know what exactly they said.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:14 am

Kei

Kei had gone to the market that day in order to catch a special carrot sale that was going on. While buying his carrots, Kei saw that everyone was gathered around a post with some man standing next to it. The man appeared to be sharing some kind of news, but Kei couldn't exactly make out what all of it was about. Kei was about to leave the market when the word 'reward' caught his ear. It appeared that it had come from where the crowd was gathered, so Kei decided to check it out.

Kei approached a hooded man from behind and tapped him on the shoulder.
"What was all that commotion about? I missed all of it." Kei asked the hooded man.
When the hooded man turned around to look at Kei, Kei saw that he was wearing a mask. It was a bit intimidating and Kei began thinking that perhaps he asked the wrong person.

Mood: A bit intimidated
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Senpak Chu
Senpak Chu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 am

Suddenly Senpak felt a tap on his shoulder, "What was all that commotion about? I missed it." The masked butler turned around to see who had asked the question. At first glance the man looked shabby and could definetly use a hairdresser. Senpak wasn't sure if the headband was a fashion statement or had an actual function. Yet it was clear from his stance and physique that this man knew how to do business. The look on his face suggested that the white mask had surprised the man. It was such a habit to wear it, that the butler had forgotten he had put it on. Senpak unhooked the leather band on the right sight of the mask and took it off to face the man in a friendlier manner. Afterall, he was the first stranger in ages to actually start a conversation.

"It seems it has something to do with the number five. I am still figuring it out." As he answered he noticed the group was about to disperse. "One moment please" he said with a smile to the trenchcoat wearing stranger. Senpak turned around and before the man who had stood in the middle good leave he inquired about the pamflet and much to his own surprise got one pressed into his hands. After kindly thanking the man and only be answered with a shrug and a humph he turned back to his conversation-partner.

"Lets see what it says". He read out loud so the stranger could listen in.

'Missing: Muri Kanjo male age 5, Taketa Soi male age 3, Umi Ba male age 4, Hayane Sunichi female age 3 and Toro Damochi male age 2, were taken from their parental homes. Those who can offer any relevant information to your local guard can expect a reward. '

After going through the names a second time, Senpak came to a startling realization. He knew one of the kids. Not well of course, as a butler you rarely had to deal with the children yourself. But he remembered a slumber party about a year ago where one of the kids, Muri Kanjo, had participated. He didn't remember any particulars outside of the total destruction they had left in their wake and the horrifying bill he had to present to his former master afterwards. He shuddered for a moment at the memory of his masters face that day.

He hold out the pamflet for the stranger. "I am sorry, it seems I have some urgent business to attend to." Senpak felt he at least had to bring some flowers to the parents and a note of encouragement. Not that they would remember who he was, the mask had always ensured that, but he felt it was the decent thing to do. He would probably have to sell one of his shirts now in order to make the bouquet representable, but such was the way of generousity...

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:17 am

Kei

Kei was a bit relieved when the hooded man took off his mask. It made it a bit easier to interact with him.

Kei learned that the crowd was gathered to learn the news of a kidnapping of 5 children. As the hooded man was reading the names, his voice had momentarily appeared shocked as he went over one of the names. The hooded man immediately began to leave saying he had urgent business to take care of.

Judging from his actions, Kei knew the hooded man knew some information regarding the kidnapped kids. It was possible the hooded man knew enough to get the reward promised on the bottom of the pamphlet.

"Hold up a second." Kei said stopping the hooded man from leaving. Kei wanted some of the reward. "If this is about the missing children, take me with you."

Mood: Casual

Back to top Go down
Senpak Chu
Senpak Chu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:00 pm

"Hold up a second. If this is about the missing children, take me with you."

Senpak turned back to the stranger and decided to take a closer look. This man looked like he had seen his fair share of action. The butler wondered exactly who he was dealing with. The sudden interest in the missing kids was probably sprung by the promise of reward. Senpak was unsure whether he ought to take this man along. Definetly not to visit the family. That was out of the question. It would already be hard to get his flowers to the parents, it would even be harder if a ruffian such as the one infront of him was following him around.

"I beg your pardon. We aren't acquainted. Why should I take you along?"
Back to top Go down
Chouhi
Chouhi

EXP : 705

Character Description
Position: Drunk Inn Owner

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 6:17 pm

Chouhi

There was a man who was in the bar Chouhi was in the previous night, hysterical apparently from the kidnapping one of his kids. As drunk as she was, she promised to find the child and return him safely. The man had thanked her greatly (and bought her some more beer) and told her that there'd be a man giving out official information the next day at the market. Chouhi awoke too late apparently, because just as she arrived a large group had dispersed. She jogged over to some of the lingering groupies to try and get some more information. She scanned the crowd to look for someone who wasn't just a poor citizen. When she saw a man in a black cloak and another in a trench coat, she decided to ask them.

"Excuse me, do you have any information regarding the kidnapping of a young boy named Toro Damochi? He's 2 years old," Chouhi asked as she walked up to the two men. As she approached them, she realized that whatever conversation they were having seemed to be going south. But she did promise the man from the bar that she'd find the boy, and she did like the beer he had bought her, so she wasn't going to let a random conversation ruin her chances.

Mood: Happy
Condition: Hungover
Character Info Link:Chouhi

Last edited by Chouhi on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Senpak Chu
Senpak Chu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:19 am

Excuse me, do you have any information regarding the kidnapping of a young boy named Toro Damochi? He's 2 years old.

Senpak was greeted by a unsetteling draft of alcohol as a scant-clad woman approached him and the stranger. For a moment the astonhised butler didn't know whether to blush at the sight of her, or the vomit at the scent of her. This creature was a mixture between primal attractiveness and repulsive decadence. He forgot to be annoyed by the interruption and instead started to feel quite out of his element. He had no idea who these two were and where their interest originated from, or whether he wanted to be associated with these sorts. His mother would have looked down upon the both of them and would have ushered them away. It was clear the girl could not be associated with any of the noble families, at least not in a proper manner and definetly not in a way the families would ever openely admit.

"Why would either of you want to know? Isn't already troubling enough that five children are missing?"
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:04 am

Kei

Kei recognized Chouhi from the Expedition they had gone on together a while back. He was surprised to run into her in a this place. As expected, Chouhi appeared to be a bit drunk.
"Hey Chouhi, I see your doing... normal." Kei said, hinting at her recent intake of alcohol.

Kei returned to answering the hooded man's question. He appeared a bit annoyed.
"Well you see, I actually need the reward that's being offered regarding information on the missing children. I am personally a bit low on money."

Back to top Go down
Senpak Chu
Senpak Chu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:17 am

The two seemed acquainted. Senpak wasn't sure whether to feel reassured or worried. The girls name apparently was Chouhi. The stranger still hadn't introduced himself, but at least he seemed to be honest. Nobody openly admitted they were down on their luck. At least nobody Senpak had ever dealt with. An idea started to form in the back of his head.

"I appreciate your honesty. However, when you speak about the reward it seems like you are confident you can find information. Are you implying that you know how to deal with these kind of situations?" he asked the man in the black trenchcoat. And turning to Chouhi, "and what of your friend?"

Back to top Go down
Chouhi
Chouhi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Chouhi

"Oh, Kei! Hey," Chouhi had responded with a small smile. Whoever Kei had been talking to seemed unsettled by her sudden presence, which she had found funny, but she smothered her laugh.

"I appreciate your honesty. However, when you speak about the reward it seems like you are confident you can find information. Are you implying that you know how to deal with these kind of situations? And what of your friend?"

This time, Chouhi did let out a small laugh and decided to answer. "Kei here led an expedition to find a lost, ancient city. I was a part of the expedition also. I think we can both handle finding some kids."

Last edited by Chouhi on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Senpak Chu
Senpak Chu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:50 pm

"Oh well, ahum, that is encouraging to hear." Senpak said a bit embarrased. "I apologize for my tone. I am not used to these... circumstances. I hadn't realized I was dealing with such... experts" the butler uttered apologetically. "If both of you have some more indept experience with finding lost... things... then maybe we could start over?" he added hopefully.

Giving a short courteous bow to both he continued. "My name is Senpak Chu, former butler."
Back to top Go down
Chouhi
Chouhi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Chouhi wrote:

Chouhi

The man bowed and introduced himself. "My name is Senpak Chu, former butler."

Chouhi looked at him strangely for a second, seeing as people didn't exactly bow to her, and the man had said former butler.

"I'm Chouhi Kayashi, um..common drunk." She made a bad attempt at a curtsy.

Last edited by Chouhi on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Kei

Kei decided he would also properly introduce himself to Senpak.

With a smile and a thumbs up, Kei said, "My name is Kei, professional Jack Of All Trades."

Kei continued speaking to Senpak, "So about the kids, I feel as though you know something. If it's somthing serious, I'm sure me and Chouhi will be glad to help."

Mood: Excited
Condition: Healthy but a little wet

Back to top Go down
Senpak Chu
Senpak Chu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:39 am

Senpak didnt know how to respond to the thumbs up. It didnt classify as a regular form of greeting and the butler had no other choice but to assume it was one of the things he would have to get used to. When Chouhi introduced herself as "the drunk" he gently laughed over it, wishing by evertthing holy she was only kidding. However the young butler did feel more at ease now that every had been properly introduced. These people seemed accostumed to the sometimes chaotic ways of common life. Whatever their motivation, it felt good to know that seemingly capable individuals had taken an interest in the dissappearences.

Senpak smiled appreciatively at the  Kei's kind words. "Thank you. However, my guess as good as yours. This is the first time I heard of this." The butler paused as if something suddenly sprung to his mind. "However... I might know a way to learn more..." he added pensively. "But that would require a slight change of wardrobe" Senpak said looking at the outfits of both Kei and Chouhi. With his eyes resting on Chouhi he murmured "or to get dressed in the first place."
Back to top Go down
Chouhi
Chouhi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:08 am

Chouhi

Chouhi had smiled when Senpak had laughed at her introduction, though she figured he thought it was a joke. Well, it was one of her first few attempts at introducing herself in a noble-like way. When Senpak's eyes lingered on her about the wardrobe change, she crossed her arms over her chest protectively and took a small step back. "What type of clothes are we talking about here?"

Sure, she did things she won't ever speak of when she had first arrived to Capital City, but she was definitely never doing them again. Though Senpak didn't seem anything like that sort of person, Chouhi was always careful.

Mood: Slightly Uneasy

Back to top Go down
Senpak Chu
Senpak Chu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:26 pm

"Well, first of all, you'll need a dress". Senpak managed to stop himself from using dress as a verb, and turned to Kei "For you I have some spare clothes I can borrow to you." The butler then urged the two of them inch closer as he didn't want anyone else to overhear.

"Like I said, when it comes to the kids, my guess is as good as yours. However, I do know the family of one of these kids and I might be able to get us into their mansion. For that I need you to look as if you belong within the high society." Snepak paused to look at them both. "... with some efford." Making a mental note to do something about some practicalities he continued;"Once I get us inside and if we manage to discover where the kidnapping took place, I would like one of you to investigate the crime-scene. You decide amongst yourselves who you believe is most suited. Whilst we are in, me and the other one will distract the parents long enough to get all the information we require."

The butler looked intendly at both. "Is this a plan?"
Back to top Go down
Chouhi
Chouhi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Chouhi

"A dress?" Chouhi grimaced at the thought. "I do own a kimono, if that'll do. It'll take me a while, but I think I can manage to look nice." She scratched the back of her head with the proposed plan. "As for the plan, I think it'll be easier for me to stall instead of investigate. People might notice a woman gone longer than a man."

Chouhi let out a sigh at the thought of getting into her old kimono. She'd need to make sure it looked presentable, and she'd need to search for accessories and makeup. And not to mention she'd need to do a quick check on how to act properly nowadays. Suddenly, Chouhi remembered the scent of alcohol she had around her constantly.

"Do you know anything to mask an alcohol scent? I'll stay away from beer and whatnot until we're finished pretending, which should weaken the smell," she asked Senpak, as he seemed like he might know a few tricks.

Mood: Neutral

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Kei

"Do you know anything to mask an alcohol scent? I'll stay away from beer and whatnot until we're finished pretending, which should weaken the smell?" Chouchi asked Senpak.

"Maybe swimming in a batch of lemon juice?" Kei responded half jokingly, half serious. It would take a LOT to remove that scent.

Kei also added afterward, "I'll do the investigating. Any suggestions to what I should be looking out for in my search?"

Back to top Go down
Senpak Chu
Senpak Chu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:41 am

"If you are going to be the distraction Chouhi then the alcohol might actually work to our benefit. How well can you act as a rich spoiled brat?" he said with a bit of humour. "The scent would actually make it a lot more credible." He then heard Kei's question.

Senpak then had to think a bit before answering. "Whatever seems out of place. I have no idea whether we will actually find any traces, but maybe they left something..." the butler had no idea how the whole investigation would go. Chances were that the servants had already cleaned the whole room. However, that wasn't his first concern. "I'll rely on your insight." he said gravely.

"But first, the fun part. Lets use today to rehearse our story and get our outfits ready. I will have to go and meet some people in order to get us in. Is there a place we can meet?"
Back to top Go down
Chouhi
Chouhi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Chouhi wrote:

Chouhi

At Kei's idea about the lemon juice, Chouhi had actually considered it for a second. She quickly cast away the thought as she remembered exactly what lemon juice would do to the body.

"If you are going to be the distraction Chouhi then the alcohol might actually work to our benefit. How well can you act as a rich spoiled brat?" Senpak said with a bit of humour. "The scent would actually make it a lot more credible."

"I can probably be a better spoiled brat than an educated one. As for where we can meet, I own an inn not too far from here. It's called the Asuka Inn. We can meet up there. I'll be there for a long time today since I have to get ready..." she said and let her voice trail off. Thinking of everything she'd have to put on wasn't fun.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:54 am

Kei

Kei shook his head at the rehersal part. He didn't like practicing and was more of a "I'm just going to wing it" type of guy. Whatever. He needed the reward so he best show up to the rehearsal so Senpak doesn't kick him from the group.

"Very well," Kei plainly said, "I'm entirely fine with a rehearsal at Asuka inn."

Back to top Go down
Senpak Chu
Senpak Chu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 2:06 pm

"Good, then I will meet you two there tonight. If you will excuse me now, I have some favours to collect in order to get us in." After kindly nodding to both, Senpak turned around and immediately started heading for the Kanjo-residence.

The Kanjo family was a relative young family compared to the other noble houses. During the hundred year war several families had managed to step up. The Kanjo had been one of these families. Originaly nothing more than countryside nobility, the Kanjo had played a pivotal role in conquering several colonial districts. Due to their role, the emperor had seen fit to award them with governing positions, allowing them to fill up their own treasury. As a result, the Kanjo family was granted the privilige to buy one of the mansions in the Fire Nation capitol. To the established nobility they were still nouveau-riche, considered to have fallen upwards. Though time and wealth can turn even the biggest critic into a fan. After a decade the Kanjo family had married into several other families and ensured their presence in the great city. To wed a Kanjo was now considered quite an honour  amongst the nobility in the Fire Nation.

After almost an hour, Senpak finally arrived at the mansion. He remembered the first he had seen it. As a young man he had almost stumbled when walking through the gate. Everywhere you looked there were statues glorifying the military ventures of the Kanjo-family. Brilliant statues and gorgeous fountains, exaggerating the glory of the family Kanjo.

The household guard were soldiers the family rented from the national army. Officialy nobility was not allowed to have their own private army, however against a fee, the nation was willing to "lend" them a hand. The guard infront of the gate was the one Senpak needed. The young butler handed the man a note and had a lenghty conversation before going to the inn. The first dice were cast...
Back to top Go down
Chouhi
Chouhi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Chouhi

When the group had dispersed, Chouhi had headed straight back to the inn. She first discarded the top layer of her clothes and her shoes, leaving her in her black spandex and strapless tank top. She had been running all around the inn in search of her kimono and accessories. When Senpak had arrived, Chouhi was standing in front of a mirror in the lobby, fixing her hair with a bottle of beer in her mouth.

"Oh, Senpak," She greeted as she removed the beer. "Did you do what you needed? I need a little more time, but I'll be out within two hours."

Condition: Drinking

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 8:59 am

Kei

Even though Senpak had offered Kei to wear some of his old clothes, Kei respectfully declined saying he had clothes of his own that would be perfect for this event. Kei showed up at Asuka Inn in his Full Black and White checkered Tuxedo. Most people would consider this a bit... outlandish, but to Kei, he thought it actually looked cool. Kei wouldn't normally buy things like this but he saw the Tuxedo for very cheap in a sketchy store in the Fire Nation capital and decided he couldn't turn down a deal like that.

Careful not to get his checkered tuxedo dirty, Kei made his way to the Asuka Inn. At the inn, Kei ordered a Strawberry milk as he waited for Senpak to give the go and start their way to the Mansion.

Condition: Healthy and Sparkly Clean

Back to top Go down
Chouhi
Chouhi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 11:37 pm

Chouhi

Two and a half hours later, Chouhi came slowly down the stairs so as to not fall and ruin the drastic changes she had made to herself. She walked into the lobby wearing a floor length, purple kimono that was imprinted with butterflies and roses. She had put on a black sash to wrap it all together that had an intricate design on it. She adorned the sash with some of her leftover jewelry and a purple, almost pink rose. She also put most of her hair into a bun on top of her head to shorten its length, and placed a purple and gold butterfly pin  to hold it in place. She curled the rest of her hair and put a pink rose clip on that had a soundless bell dangling from the bottom of it. To finish it all off, Chouhi had spent quite some time applying makeup to herself.

"Ooh, nice tux Kei," she said as she walked over to where Kei and Senpak had situated themselves. "Sorry for the wait. Its been a while since I last dressed up." She sat down next to Senpak and waited for the plan.

Condition: Drinking

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down for the Money [Open]   Down for the Money [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Down for the Money [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next