The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Non navigable

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiroaki
Shiroaki

EXP : 305
Birthday : 1995-01-20

Non navigable Empty
PostSubject: Non navigable   Non navigable EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Saikou no

Non navigable O025901941382443546841

There were few times in life that Shiroaki could recall actually wanting to be around water. Out in the middle of the desert, with a water skin and a camel he was using as a cargo carrier, this happened to be one of them. The teenager traveled alone. Most days he preferred to be alone. He would rather be tormented by his own thoughts than by the judgement of others. He pulled his hood over his face more. He was wearing a modified version of his normal sweatshirt, this one was missing sleeves. He hid under the hood of his sleeveless shirt. He trudged along in silence, the only thing accompanying him was the groans of the Camel, the sound of his shoes stepping in the loose sand, and the ever-tormenting thoughts. I hope you die. Came a stray thought, and Shiroaki looked up, the sun making an admirable effort to penetrate his red-brown eyes, yet they remained as dark as ever. He saw something in the distance, as he took a sip from his water skin. A palm tree, or a mirage. He decided to check the mirage/palm tree thing out, and walked across the sand.

Maybe a few miles later, or a hundred yards, one could never tell how far they had traveled in the desert, Shiroaki was laying at the edge of a pond in an oasis, his tunic off, baring his near-emaciated body. He kicked his shoes off, and waded deeper into the pond, his pant legs already being rolled up. The water seemed to pacify him. "I don't think I'm ever going to leave this place." He said, his only company ignoring him. He shrugged, this animal didn't want to be spoken to, clearly. The teenager sat down under one of the trees, and opened a sandwich, taking a bite, chewing meticulously, counting twenty four bites before swallowing. He repeated this process six times before finishing the sandwich, and filling up on water. We should get going. He thought, and tugged on the camel's reigns.

At this point, as he was packed up and ready to leave, Shiroaki noticed something..maybe someone, moving towards him. He sighed, the person wouldn't be able to make out his face from here, they would most likely never be able to tell that he was completely repulsed at the idea of social interaction with another human being, as he could barely handle it with a camel. He sighed, and put on his disturbingly convincing friendly face as they came into view. "Hello! There's an oasis over here, if you didn't know! The water's cold!"

Even Fire benders need water in the desert.

Back to top Go down
Yua
Yua

EXP : 150

Character Description
Position: Traveler
Nation: Fire Nation

Non navigable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non navigable   Non navigable EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Yua Kimuri

Maybe, just maybe, walking through the desert wasn't the best way to get to Ba Sing Se. But once she started something, you better believe she was gonna finish it, no matter what. Even though yes, she hadn't been very smart about this whole situation, and yes, being stubborn was often a real pain, she was gonna stick to it anyway. It wasn't all that bad, honestly. Yua enjoyed the heat, the sun burning on her pale skin. That would probably result in a pretty bad sunburn, but it's nothing she wouldn't survive. And being alone was quite refreshing, for a little while anyway. On the other hand, she was pretty sure she was kinda lost. Okay, really lost. A round of applause for Yua, the genius who forgot to take a map with her.

Whatever. She'd find her way out of this mess sooner or later. For the time being, she inhaled and exhaled deeply, feeling the heat rush through her body. Now that was an amazing feeling. At least she'd remembered to bring a bag with food and water with her. She took a bite out of a moon peach, when suddenly something caught her eye. She narrowed them, unable to see clearly in the distorted air of the desert.

Well, only one way to find out. Yua switched directions, heading towards the thing, person, or animal. It turned out to be all three of those. A palm tree, a boy, and a camel. She wasn't the kind of person who craved social interaction 24/7, but it was rather pleasant to see someone after days of being alone without being used to it. And especially the announcement of an oasis being nearby was a nice surprise. She saluted jokingly, still holding the moon peach in her hand while walking towards the boy and the camel. ''Greetings, fellow earthling. Enjoying your stroll through the desert?''

Mood: Cheerful
Condition: Underfed

Last edited by Yua on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiroaki
Shiroaki

Non navigable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non navigable   Non navigable EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 4:05 am

Saikou no

Non navigable Tumblr_n4njr03h7X1rxhcsqo3_250

Shiroaki was right. There was indeed a person moving towards him. By the looks of her, she wasn't too healthy. Definitely a good thing she had stumbled upon Shiroaki. He smiled when she walked up to him, and gave him a facetious salute. He admired her ability to be happy, even when she looked like she hadn't eaten anything the entire day, besides that moon peach. "I like to think that it's more of a power walk. I'm kinda' outta' shape." He said, and looked her over once more, a look of concern about him. "You as well, I can see. I have food and water enough for the both of us, if you need." He said, gesturing towards the packs on his camel.

He shrugged off his own pack, and sat down, "I'm assuming you're from the fire nation, considering you're wearing the colors. Whereabouts are you from?" He said, leaning against his pack. He rubbed his tattoos, and crossed his arms, the depiction of flames spouting up his arms gave the impression of him being a fire bender, not incredibly difficult to pick up. "I'm from Ember Island, grew up there my whole life, left a few months ago to.." He stopped, and laughed. "I'm not sure why I left."

He lied. He was good at that. This girl did not need to know why he had left his home in Ember Island, it didn't matter to her. Those were memories he didn't want to bring up, anyway, especially not with a stranger he had just met. "I'm headed out to Ba Sing Se, if you're going that way you're welcome to join me." He said. "It'd be dangerous to travel alone. We don't really have to worry about Heat stroke too much, but Sand benders are another thing.

Back to top Go down
Yua
Yua

EXP : 150

Character Description
Position: Traveler
Nation: Fire Nation

Non navigable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non navigable   Non navigable EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Yua Kimuri

Yua chuckled at his response, taking another bite of the fruit. Her smile slightly faded when she noticed the way he looked at her, as if something about her appearance made him think he should be worried. His next words clearly confirmed that. She swallowed the food, frowning ever so slightly. ''No, you can't see.'' she said rather sharply, before switching to a more careless tone, shrugging. ''But I can't turn down that offer.''

While the teenager sat down, she stepped past him, towards the camel. He didn't seem to mind her stroking the soft fur on his neck while she listened to the black haired boy. ''Born and raised in Shu Jing. You probably don't know it though, it's just a small, boring town on one of the small, boring islands of the Fire Nation.'' She listened to his story, in the meanwhile feeding the remains of the moon peach to the camel, who gratefully accepted it.

''I guess I just left 'cause the town was... well, boring.'' She didn't need a good explanation. This was the truth and she definitely wasn't regretting her decision to travel. It was one of the reasons she wanted to visit Ba Sing Se; That was a huge city, and certainly a lot more exciting.

''Hm, I suppose a little bit of company won't hurt. But I'd like to see some sand bending idiot try to mess with me.'' She balled up her fist, which sparked some flames, while laughing confidently. She knelt down by the water to splash some of it in her face, and filled her half empty water bag.

''Nice tattoos.'' She said, glancing back at the boy and sitting down on the hot sand. ''I bet you're a firebender as well. What's your name, anyway? I'm Yua.''

Mood: Cheerful
Condition: Underfed

Back to top Go down
Shiroaki
Shiroaki

Non navigable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non navigable   Non navigable EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Saikou no

Non navigable Tumblr_n4njr03h7X1rxhcsqo3_250

He had offended her. He silently chided himself, recognizing her personality type. He nodded. "Sorry." He said, even as she started to pet his camel. "You can name her. I haven't, yet." He said. As she told him where he was from, he realized he had indeed never heard of Shu Jing..at least that's what he thought she had said the name of the place was. Once again she amazed him with her ability to share, despite herself not eating. He shrugged his shoulders. Some people were just destined to be good people. He himself, was not one of those people, it seemed. He slowly rose to his feet, raising his arm to block the rays of the sun.

"This place is weird." He said, the only words he could find suitable to describe the area. It was hellishly hot, which caused him to be dehydrated, so he hated that part of it. However, there were hardly any people in this area. No one wanted to cross the desert. He just had the unfortunate luck to run across someone, so he was obligated to offer them hospitality. Such were the rules of the desert. He sighed, and walked over to the edge of the water, drinking his entire water skin, and then refilling it.

She explained to him why she had left Shu Jing. More or less the same reason anyone leaves anywhere to travel the world. Except for him. He shrugged his shoulders. "If you're not happy, you have to leave, that's how it is sometimes." He said, giving nonchalant advice. Her next words made him laugh. "I'm sure you could take them, you look a lot stronger than I am. Trying to fight the Sand benders in the desert is like trying to fight a Water bender in the ocean. It's hard to predict where you'll get hit from."

He said, frowning. "Sand is surprisingly painful, too." He said, recalling an incident in which he was assaulted by a sand bender. "I managed to fight one off the other day, but that was only one. I think he's decided to leave me alone." He said, just before she complimented his tattoos, he smiled. "Thank you. I am indeed a firebender." He said, and turned to her, sticking his right hand out. "Shiroaki. Shiro, if you don't feel like saying Shiroaki."

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Non navigable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non navigable   Non navigable Empty

Back to top Go down

Non navigable
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Earth Kingdom :: Si Wong Desert-
Jump to: