The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Independant Steps

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiyoto
Kiyoto

EXP : 1050

Character Description
Position: Waterbending Student
Nation: Water Tribes

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Independant Steps   Independant Steps EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 1:48 pm

Kiyoto

It was a reasonably normal day in the Southern Water Tribe. Quite cold per the usual and sort of busy...

Wandering through the snowy landscape, a young boy trudged the snow, mumbling to himself quite irritated at something. "Stupid mom.. won't let me do anything." He quietly said to himself, looking around the snowy area, seemingly a little tired, almost, as if he ran some distance.

Stopping just outside of the tribe's palace however, he frowned, glancing around. He saw no waterbenders. No people, for that matter. He was virtually alone at that moment. He wanted to become a good waterbender. He wanted to be something big. Something huge. He wanted to explore the world. But his mother wouldn't hear any of it, not as his current age. If they were to travel, they would travel together, apparently. And Kiyoto knew that his parents never planned to travel ever, for whatever dumb reason.

He frowned deeper, wishing very much that he could just meet someone that was much better than him, but someone that wasn't his sister Sayuri or his mother to teach him. Someone that's GREAT at waterbending. Maybe not a master, but something on that level...

Siiigh. Kiyoto sat down on a slump of snow. He was slightly regretting leaving his home area without saying anything but he was almost afraid to go back now. They'd definitely scold him. And they would never unground him or anything. That's how it'd happen. He's not allowed to explore for himself!

At least not much. And not without telling them first. And he did the complete opposite of that. He was in trouble, and he knew it.

He glanced to the floor, and put his hand out, changing the snow into water and swirling it around in a pretty complex pattern to distract himself. Waterbending always did that. Took his mind... away, and put it into a much more... oblivious kind of state. He loved experimenting for definite. And he remembered just why he left. He wanted to find some kind of teacher. A REAL waterbender that wouldn't go easy just because he was a kid...

He looked towards the palace. There was bound to be someone in there.

Mood: Confused
Condition: Normal

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

EXP : 2130

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independant Steps   Independant Steps EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:17 am

Nelekar

”Hm?”

Nelekar’s head rose from the papers at his desk as he felt something. Ever since creating his new palace entirely out of ice, he had been starting to feel the slightest vibrations of waterbending activity occurring both inside and outside of it. He scratched his head slightly before shrugging and calling for the guard stationed outside. When he came in, Nelekar stood up.

”Somebody’s waterbending outside – make sure nothing’s going on out there.”

The guard nodded and left, weaving his way through the intricate corridors and passages of the Palace until he arrived at the front door. The guards inside opened it for him and he walked out, eyes glancing around. They fell immediately upon the young boy sat nearby, and the guard rushed over to him.

”What are you doing, kid!” he yelled, before grabbing the boy by the shoulder. “We’re taking you to see the chief! See how he reacts to finding out some kid was bending right outside his palace!”

He steered Kiyoto inside of the Palace, moving quickly through the corridors once again until he arrived outside of the throne room. He knocked twice before pushing open the large ice doors and walking in. After a few paces, he threw they boy in his grasp down in front of the chief.

Nelekar sighed. ”I didn’t want you to bring him in, you fool. I just wanted to know who it was.” He looked down at the boy, tilting his head slightly. ”Who are you, boy? And what were you doing outside the Palace?”

Mood: Curious
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Kiyoto
Kiyoto

Character Description

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independant Steps   Independant Steps EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:11 am

Kiyoto

Glancing back down to focus on the waterbending he was performing, Kiyoto was about ready to stop. Swoosh, the water gently swayed side to side as he slowed down his pace a little, watching as the sunlight perfectly refracted through the water creating a lovely pattern on the snow below him in the shadow of himself. Was definitely nice to-

Okay, suddenly Kiyoto jumped, getting quite a shock from the sudden yell, dropping the water right onto the snow he got it from, making a splash and wetting the cuffs of his pants. He quickly glanced up in slight fright almost, like a deer in headlights, before quickly trying to explain himself to the guard that was suddenly right in his face. "I was-I was jus-Ah! Hey what was I doing wrong?!" He wanted an expination from the guard, all the while being quite scared to meet this 'chief'. Was it some kind of monster that didn't take kindly to bending? That'd be a surprise...

"Oomf!" The boy gave a grunt of sorts upon being almost slammed onto the floor, wincing a little bit, before giving a light gasp upon being addressed by the chief. He looked up, and remained on the floor, maybe that was the most respectful thing to do.

"I'm... Kiyoto." Second name too, dummy. "...T-Tanaka!" He quickly added on, hoping he hadn't committed some sort of crime worthy of a death penalty, what with the way the guard dragged him.

"Oh, er, I... I was just... waterbending. Practicing. Sir. I'm not in trouble am I?" He said quietly, very hesitantly too, before... "Oh, uh... Can I stand up?" He wasn't making a very nice acquaintance with the freezing cold floor.

Mood: Uneasy
Condition: Uncomfortable

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independant Steps   Independant Steps EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Nelekar

The chieftain sighed softly as the boy spoke. Why did children always fear authority figures? ”Of course you may stand, boy,” he said irritably. With a wave of his hand, a simple chair made of ice erupted from the ground next to Kiyoto. ”Or sit, the choice is yours.”

”But what I was originally asking is why you were outside the Palaca – I know you were waterbending, but why there? I know your Mother is a waterbender, so surely you have some place you can train instead of compromising the security of the Palace.”

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Kiyoto
Kiyoto

Character Description

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independant Steps   Independant Steps EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:49 pm

Kiyoto

The kid got back to his feet without hesitation, before suddenly a chair appeared right beside him, making him gasp very slightly. He looked pretty amazed, the shape, the speed... "Whoah. That's really cool. How'd you-I mean..." He quickly chose to sit down, making himself as comfy as he could on a solid block of ice. Huh. It was actually a lot more comfortable than he was expecting.

As he slightly shifted to get comfortable, the actual question was shot at him, and he winced quite deeply. "...Well, I..." He rubbed his arm very slightly before rolling his eyes.

"I'm just exploring a little." He said. He wasn't about to say to the chief, the one that knew his mother quite well he imagined, that he was away from home without permission. He'd be dragged back in no time and there'd be a biiiig long talk. No way! "I sorta just wanted to practice waterbending in a, like, cool place, not just outside the house, and was sooooorta hoping I'd see some really cool waterbending MASTER around this palace place, I mean, I was thinking that, like the ELITE benders come to this place... and I... guess I was right!" He was, of course, talking about the chief. While it wasn't too impressive of a feat, it was the most fast creation of something ice, something so precisely detailed too, he'd ever seen. He was pretty mindblown.

Glancing back to the guard that brought him there, however, he mumbled, looking back to the chief. "Did that guard really have to drag me so hard, like I'd just broken the entire palace? I was JUST waterbending." He folded his arms, not very pleased about that entire thing.

Mood: Awkward

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independant Steps   Independant Steps EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Nelekar

Nelekar snorted. Even with the boy’s compliments, it was fairly obvious that he was lying. But he decided to play along for now, crossing his arms over his chest as Kiyoto continued.

”The guard does whatever I tell him to – and you should learn to respect the guards and their authority over the city. They act only to protect the people, and even if they do make a mistake every now and then, their job is a tough one.”

”If it is training that you want…” he said, trailing off slightly and glancing at the boy. ”This is not the place to find it. There are many instructors in the city who would be more than willing to take on a talented youth such as yourself. I’m sure you’ll be able to do much more than create a simple chair when you’re older – great feats are possible with waterbending, after all. I mean, look around you, Kiyoto,” he said motioning to the palace walls, made entirely of ice. ”I created all of this just with my bending. The walls are so thick that it would take a team of highly skilled waterbenders days to knock through them. Who knows – maybe you’ll be able to reach such a level one day.”

Mood: Boastful

Back to top Go down
Kiyoto
Kiyoto

Character Description

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independant Steps   Independant Steps EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:35 am

Kiyoto

Kiyoto looked down slightly, he was right, guards ARE there to protect. He sheepishly nodded. "I know, he was just really rough." He kept a slight frown on his face, until hearing the next words. Training.

He quickly glanced up, before hearing his words about other instructors. Oh, so NOT him? He didn't seem quite as interested as he initially did, but he still showed interest, but that was knocked upwards to a whole new level when the bender before him just said he made the entire palace.

"Wh-No way! That's amazing!" Kiyoto at that point was just fueling Nelekar's ego, but honestly he was 12. An entire palace made by one person's waterbending power? That's bragging rights. "But, if wait a minute, uh, then... how come YOU don't teach people?" He asked. "Wait, wait, it's cause you're the chief." He quickly corrected himself. "...Right?" He wasn't sure.

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independant Steps   Independant Steps EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:18 am

Nelekar

The chief couldn’t help but smile at the boy’s shocked words. He shrugged nonchalantly, his steely gaze resting on the boy. ”I don’t train people because I am not a teacher, Kiyoto. My time is split enough already, between running the Tribe and commanding the military. And even if I did have time,” he said with a grin ”I think you would be better off starting with somebody who could teach you the basics. From what I could feel from your bending outside, you still have a lot to learn, Mr. Tanaka.”

Extending his arm to the side, Nelekar forced some of the ice out of the ground without even looking at it. With a deft flick of the wrist, the block of ice transformed into a small tumbler, perfectly chilled. He glanced at the far wall where a table with bottles sat, and sighed. His other hand floated lazily into the air and he moved a finger, causing one of the bottles to shoot open and the liquid to float majestically out, moving straight across the room and depositing itself in the chief’s glass. With a satisfied expression, he took a sip of the whisky and let out a sigh of contentment.

”Now, maybe it would be better if you went home before somebody realised you were missing?”

Mood: Proud

Back to top Go down
Kiyoto
Kiyoto

Character Description

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independant Steps   Independant Steps EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:08 am

Kiyoto

"Oh, right. Eheh yeah, you're veeeeery busy... so I was kinda right by 'you're the chief', right?" He gave a grin, before it slowly transitioned into a slight frown. He knew he was young and stuff but come on, he could TOTALLY pick up advanced techniques! "H-Hey I was just... just messing around a little outside. I wasn't TRYING to do anything fancy." He pouted, folding his arms, trying to defend his own 'pride'. "I know I've got stuff to learn, but come on! I already know the basics." He stated, proudly.

Though as soon as he opened his eyes from the big declaration, he blinked, watching the spectacle. Well, the ice part was the most interesting, he could make a bottle open like that and move it's contents across, NO biggie. Though the fact he was doing it all so... lazily, was insane. ..And the fact that there were no spillages. Impressive!

Kiyoto couldn't help but wince slightly at his next words, however. "Eh-I-I-er..." He tripped on his tongue, unable to properly produce words, before halting. How did he know he was out without his parents even knowing? "...How'd you-..." He raised an eyebrow.

Mood: Shocked

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independant Steps   Independant Steps EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:18 am

Nelekar

The Chief rose from his throne, ice tumbler still in his hand. He swirled the contents slowly as he walked in a wide circle around the boy’s chair, his eyes never leaving him. ”I can feel your apprehension – you’re quivering, but it isn’t with fear of me. The only other logical explanation is that you’re doing something you’re not supposed to and, knowing your parents, they probably wouldn’t let you run around the palace without supervision.”

With a wave of his hand, the chair that Kiyoto sat on turned entirely to water. The ground beneath him followed suit, and the young boy sank quickly up to his waist. With another flick of his wrist, the water turned to ice, trapping his legs in the cold ice. ”If you can get out, you can leave freely. You have thirty seconds.”

Mood:

Back to top Go down
Kiyoto
Kiyoto

Character Description

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independant Steps   Independant Steps EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 12:52 pm

Kiyoto

Kiyoto watched as he was circled, like a shark almost. He was a little uneasy now, this guy was good at figuring things out. Or Kiyoto was just too obvious. ...A bit of both.

He gave a sharp shriek as he fell, not suspecting it in the slightest, a loud "OOMF!" as he hit the floor with his backside, and he looked a bit dazed, wincing. He then gasped gently. Thirty seconds to prove he was decent! Ice wasn't his forté, but he was going to try.

Despite the panic he had and the inability to focus, he moved his hands over the frozen area, which by the way was absolutely FREEZING, and tried to move the ice the best he could. However, his panic was too much. There wasn't enough time!

After a little while of struggling, he quickly calmed himself down, still shaky, but nonetheless calmer. He took a deep breath, and moved a lot more smoothly, bending the ice. He exhaled, trying to get the ice itself to melt. He wasn't as great at doing it as Nelekar was of course, but it started to show signs of melting almost immediately after he calmed himself down a little.

Although, his time was very low. Uh oh.

Mood: Panic

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Independant Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independant Steps   Independant Steps Empty

Back to top Go down

Independant Steps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Water Tribes :: Southern Water Tribe-