The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just Another Day

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

EXP : 1100

Character Description
Position: Instructor
Nation: Fire Nation

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

Placing a fountain pen at the edge of a wooden desk and rubbing her forehead, Mozello's eyes slowly scanned over the various names that had been committed to the letter. This was a practice that occurred with every semester that was done in absolute secrecy.

'I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't strong-arming these innocent and naive youngsters.'

At the end of every yearly firebending graduation, the military officers would come dressed in their finest clothes, silver-tongued with the promise of fame and fortune to those that enrolled. But they also required it of her to give names of at least four students that would be directly pressurize into joining up, those had excelled in their bending. In return, certain 'unrelated' benefactors would see to it that the academy wouldn't be having as many monetary issues.

'But it's a small price to pay to ensure that I can continue teaching outside of the capitol...'

Rolling up the letter and passing it up to the messenger hawk perched on her shoulder, nodding deliberately to the bird, it grasped the message into its firm talons and swiftly took flight out of the room through an open door. Mozello followed the bird, opening a second door that had denied it the outside before leaving herself. The sun was beginning to set, which meant-

"Agni... I need a strong one."

A ritual visit to the local tavern was an equally common practice after having to write that letter. Sliding her arms into her coat sleeves, the instructor made haste to find a drink potent enough to dull her senses to the fact she may have signed prolonged death sentences yet again.

Mood: Frustration
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

EXP : 2775
Birthday : 1994-07-23

Character Description
Position:
Nation: Water Tribes

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Chase Scylla

What a strange journey Chase had gone through in the last 48 hours. Upon arriving in the Capital with his friend, he had immediately lost him in the huge harbor crowd, right after that he'd run into the Fire Lord himself, who had taken him into his palace along with an assassin and offered him a job as the Fire Nation Admiral. Having never felt such power at his disposal before, Chase had hastily accepted and was given a room in the Fire Lord's palace. He didn't sleep though. After a few hours, the excitement of his great position was gone, and he finally thought about what he'd just done.

Chase wasn't a cruel person. He wasn't above self defense, but attacking another human being was not something he did readily. The war he'd been asked the fight in was over a "great injustice" done to his own people, but the thing was, Chase didn't think it was an injustice at all. The Southern Tribe was so far off, he'd rarely heard of them as a child, and so he'd never thought much about them. The death of their Chieftess at the hands of the Earth King was indeed a horrible event, but because of the execution of the ruler, it really shouldn't have been an issue at all. Chase realized this, and decided he wanted no part in the war. He took his leave, and went to the harbor.

The ocean is such a beautiful entity. Its ripples glistened in the moonlight and crashed against the ships docked there. Chase found no ships about to leave, which made sense at four in the morning, so he slept at an inn, and left in the morning. Chase wasn't quite ready to go home yet, so this boat was going to Fire Fountain City. This would hopefully give him the taste of the Fire Nation he had been looking for, Ember Island had just been a spot for tourists, and the Capital was just too busy to enjoy. The journey was calm, nothing eventful happened along the way. The boat docked at dusk, and Chase made his way to a tavern for some food. Hopefully it would have a room too.

Mood: Hungry and Sleepy
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:45 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Life always seemed to provide people with surprises of all sorts. Xilingshi was certainly no exception. First she was flung into a war started by overly rash young rulers who had not thought their plans out very well, and then she learned that the woman who had conscripted her--the Earth Queen herself--had a political scheme of her own up her sleeve. So while Queen Meili had technically not been involved in the Earth Kingdom's scandal, Xilingshi learned after the fact that she was not necessarily innocent either, albeit for different reasons. Did selflessness exist in this world anymore? Xilingshi let out a sigh.

Her travels had taken the battle-hardened airbender to the reaches of the Fire Nation, int the beautiful City of the Red Maiden, better known to others as the Fire Fountain City. Her orange clothing made her stand out slightly less when mixed and mingled with the reds and golds of the Fire Nation, but many of these clothes were darker reds, or sometimes even black, and so Xilingshi's bright orange clothing wound up standing out anyways.

Or maybe it wasn't her clothing that made her draw the attention of many pairs of gold or brown eyes. Maybe it was the way she dressed, walked, and looked. her physical scars from years of war showed through her exposed elbows, head, and bare feet; and it was clear from her loose but thick clothing, as well as her hairstyle and the thick, braced gloves she wore over her hands and forearms, that she was a warrior. That is where her nationality made her an outlier and an unusuality. while it was common to see Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, or Fire Nation soldiers, the Air Nomads had no formal military, and very few of them were warriors at all (though Xilingshi could name most of those that were); Thus, to see an Air Nomad Warrior was a rare sight indeed.

Xilingshi didn't let it bother her, as she knew who she was, and regretted nothing. The reason for her low mood was from her own musing and her own training. And yet, here she was in the nation that less than 2 centuries ago had started a series of attacks on her people that had led to a mass genocide. She couldn't blame them any more than the Southern Water Tribe could have rightfully Queen Meili for King Lei's decisions, and Xilingshi had no intention whatsoever of harming these people at the moment. they had done nothing wrong that she knew of, and it was not her job to be a policewoman.

What she needed was a drink, and then perhaps a smoke. First would be the drink, and so she set her course towards a nearby tavern. She walked inside without looking around at who was there, and plopped onto a stool next to a firebender woman who had her share of scars like Xilingshi--except she might have had more--she definitely had more burn scars. Xilingshi glanced at her several times, but only for brief moments so it wouldn't look like she was staring at the woman. It was rare to find someone with that many scars though, and Xilingshi figured that there had to be a story behind them. She wanted to ask, but she was respectful enough not to blurt it out--thus she waited. She bought herself a strong beverage, and took a large swig, slapping several coins down on the counter.

At least the Earth Queen had paid well for the service Xilingshi had given. That thought crossed Xilingshi's mind for a moment before her thoughts returned to the woman next to her, and then back to her drink.
Mood: Tired
Condition: Fair
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:31 am

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

Familiar with the layout of Fire Fountain from being born and raised within it, Mozello was already a several drinks ahead of the wild-looking airbender, who'd wordlessly taken the empty seat adjacent to her. In younger days; when less scarred, men used to take that spot and whisper sweet nothings in their inebriated stupors. Nowadays however, a seat's breadth always existed between her and other patrons when in drinking establishments such as this one, so this was an unusual change of pace. Running a long finger around the rim of whiskey glass before her, the firebender monologued, staring with false absence into the caramel-colored drink.

"What brings an airbender of all things to this place?"

It looked like she wasn't addressing Xilingshi directly, merely posing a question to herself. If the lady with the ponytail wasn't going to be straight as was preference, then mindgames were a fair game. Massaging several digits of her hand into her neck and craning it to look up at the smoke-obfuscated ceiling of the tavern, Mozello let those indirect words linger by themselves.

Mood: Relaxed
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

EXP : 2775
Birthday : 1994-07-23

Character Description
Position:
Nation: Water Tribes

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Chase Scylla

Chase walked into the tavern, and decided to take a seat by the bar so he could inquire about a room for the night. The whole place was packed, as it was now dark, and people kept pouring in. Chase quickly grabbed one of the few seats available next to a hardened woman, whose flowing clothes contrasted his practical ones. Well actually, they were incredibly impractical here in the Fire Nation. His fuzzy vest, gloves, and large boots all called for colder weather, and the stifling heat of the crowded bar was not the best climate for them. A slight sweat started on Chase's forehead. He asked the barman about a room and food, and paid him in kind when he'd been told about both. Chase didn't remember what the food was, it didn't have much flavor and left no impression. I should've just caught some fish and cooked it myself. He glanced at the woman again, noting her incredible scars. Some looked old and faded while others seemed new. This woman might be a warrior.

Mood: Weary
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi did not pay much attention to her surroundings as she drank. She was not afraid of tavern patrons, who were almost always much bigger than she was, because size didn't matter in a fight where her power and reflexes were on her side. hopefully that wouldn't happen though--Xilingshi had come for a drink, not a fight.

Then someone uttered a word that she was quite familiar with as a reference to her.
"what brings an airbender of all things to this place?"
it came from her left, and so she immediately snapped her head to the right first, and then to the left, as if to see if there were any other airbenders in the area. not surprisingly, there weren't, and so Xilingshi's suspicions that the phrase was referring to her.
She turned to the woman beside her, and without making eye contact, gave a simple reply.

"I travel where the winds and the wars take me. My home is where I choose to sleep for the night."
she took another drink. "our intent as to why we came here, however, seems to be the same. Am I right in saying it?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

When she heard Xilingshi twisting on her seat, Mozello followed suit, turning sideways on the stool to properly address her potential drinking partner. The firebender seemed to be more or less relieved by the hasty response.

"I travel where the winds and the wars take me. My home is where I choose to sleep for the night."

So, this diminutive woman had fought many battles, not staged ones, but the life or death kind. If it weren't for the fact Xilingshi was so visibly roughed up as she began to glance over her, Mozello could have easily been forgiven for quirking an eyebrow to that statement beforehand. More over, she gathered that the airbender was probably traveling with no apparent plan, a mild case of wanderlust brought on by combat fatigue? Not implausible considering how natural it was for airbenders to travel.

"Our intent as to why we came here, however, seems to be the same. Am I right in saying it?"

A smile creeped onto the taller woman's face, clearly amused by those last words. She raised her whiskey glass playfully infront of Xilingshi and knocked its contents down her throat in one swift motion, letting out a sated gasp and wiping her light-pink lips with a lazy hand.

"Indeed, it is much- easier- than facing the reality of our predicaments, no?"

Mozello waved the empty glass at a passing waitress, indicating her desire for a refill.

Condition: Tipsy

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:03 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi was pleased to see that the woman responded with considerable promptness, the same way she had answered her first question. Xilingshi had been prepared to bite back if the woman proved to be rude or otherwise, but luckily she did not have to do that either, as her response was playful yet firm.

"Indeed, it is much- easier- than facing the reality of our predicaments, no?"
"Aye," she replied, taking another shot of her drink, "war is never a pretty thing to face, but it is also not something to run from when something you care for is at stake."

These were somewhat ironic words coming from an airbender. Xilingshi may have been a pure-blooded airbender, but there was a lot of the stubborn, proud Earth Kingdom nature in her, and it had not come from her brief alliance with Queen Meili. Xilingshi's stubbornness, straightforwardness and her head-on approach had been an element of her own personality for years.

"but enough about such unhappy matters. If it is not inappropriate for me to say, my name is Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki. What do they call you?"
She was never sure about what social pleasantries were and were not appropriate in each nation, as it seemed to change each time she paid a nation a visit, and so there was just a certain point where she simply did not care anymore. If she offended, she would apologize, but that was about it. Right now, she was more concerned with her drink than social pleasantries anyways, and she took another shot, as if to prove it.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

"Aye, war is never a pretty thing to face, but it is also not something to run from when something you care for is at stake."

Mozello wished it was that simple to rationalize her actions, she played a unwanted part in sending people to war but had little say in the matter. Either she did as she was told, or the academy was punished, indirectly hurting the students both current and potential in turn.

"But enough about such unhappy matters. If it is not inappropriate for me to say, my name is Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki. What do they call you?"

More than happy to dismiss such matters from her mind, the firebender sipped on her newly discovered drink. She'd been listening to Xilingshi so closely that only just now noticed that the waitress had poured it; as it was grasped in her hand to one side.

"Nice to meet you Xilingshi. They call me Mozello Shao, I'm a local around here among other things."

Mozello was still sober enough to tell that there was an aura of discomfort around the hardy lass, as if she was almost anticipating a barfight. Truth be told, expecting one was the easiest way to get into one. The instructor chewed her own bottom lip, thinking of a way to break down the shield before it caused an issue.

'Give me something to work with...'

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"Nice to meet you Xilingshi. They call me Mozello Shao, I'm a local around here among other things."

"heh," Xilingshi nodded, "nothing wrong with sticking around a place long enough to call it home."
She never did so, and so while her personal customs defied all of the Air Nomad traditions, she did keep the virtue of wandering close to her heart, and wandered the world as she would. When people learned that she was an Air Nomad Warrior, their reactions were always different. many of them were surprised to see an airbender with that tendency, others appreciated her reasoning. others still, thought that she was crazy, and others hated her for it. whatever their feelings, Xilingshi didn't care. She knew who she was, and was not looking for anyone's approval.

she took another shot.
"so I admit that I'm not exactly sure what else to say now..." she confessed, "since the words of a warrior tend to be few outside of the battlefield... and I can't say I'm too used to a peacetime situation. Isn't to say I like war--nah, I hate it as much as the next girl... but I was trained for war, and little else... so... uh... yeah... something..."
she trailed off into nearly incomprehensible mutterings. her socially awkward side was showing, and pinkness was congregating in her cheeks--and it was not coming from her being tipsy.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Novai

[OOC: If you guys don't mind, I'd like to hop in so as to entertain myself.]

The war had ended months previously, in fact most people forgot it had happened. The Fire Nation stormed the coast of Omashu and then a peaceful treaty ended all qualms the leaders had against one another. Novai had sailed back to the Fire Nation, visiting each Imperial city as he returned to the capital, and as such he would have to have crossed Fire Fountain City. On one such occasion Novai was walking in the middle of the streets, hoping no citizen or guard would recognize him, the simple reason being that, Royal Family members were always escorted by guards, it wasn't Novai's choice and therefore he was forced to bring them everywhere. During the day, Novai pretended to take a nap and in fact slipped out, wandering the corridors and alleys of Fire Fountain City.

During one such excursion he had passed a rather peculiar looking tavern, Novai turned to take a peek inside, hoping he would meet some new people or perhaps someone to speak to. When he peered into the tavern however, he saw two women, dare say they were older than him, as he continued he noticed the same Airbender whom just a few months ago he had tried to kill. It was a tough decision, weighing the options between entering and awkwardly having to apologize, or just continue his way back to the Navy fleet from which he had embarked. "Meh, I might as well face her now and apologize" Novai thought out loud.

As Novai entered the downtrodden tavern he made his way over to the Airbenders table, then shot a glance at the other women, noticeably serious and calm, yet at the moment tipsy and drunk. It took Novai awhile but he finally understood the other woman was a Firebender, and judging from her looks she was of medium class. Yet looks were not all, Novai would never make the mistake of judging his opponents by mere looks, as he had arrogantly judged the airbender on the battlefield.

It was around that moment that the Airbender spoke, drunken and perhaps tipsy:

"so I admit that I'm not exactly sure what else to say now..." she confessed, "since the words of a warrior tend to be few outside of the battlefield... and I can't say I'm too used to a peacetime situation. Isn't to say I like war--nah, I hate it as much as the next girl... but I was trained for war, and little else... so... uh... yeah... something..."

Novai glanced over at the airbender and made his move "I think we've met somewhere, err, Airbender... perhaps on the battlefield?" he wheeled around to face the Firebender, perhaps middle aged yet very much in her senses "And hello fellow firebender.."

Mood: Calm
Condition: Fine

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:59 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

Mozello pushed a hand against tightly her throat, recoiling in her seat as she stifled a violent coughing fit upon the appearance of the man before them, the way he walked, talked, held himself and those blonde locks of hair caused immediate realization even though her mind was fogged with cheap whiskey. She looked between Xilingshi and the Fire Lord, uncertain as to what to make of the current situation.

'The Fire Lord?! Here?! But why?!'

Recovering, she responded shakily.

"Greetings, sire?"

The second word was posed as a question, as her eyes shifted from side to side, where were his guards? Was he eluding them? Did he wish not have attention drawn onto himself? He and the airbender had traded blows recently? How would she react to this? Question after question began to fill her thoughts.

'All I wanted was a drink... This is too much.'

Her body agreed as she drained her glass again to calm her nerves, this time with an audible gulp. Xilingshi had been blushing and opening up to Mozello, but she doubt that would last now that an unanticipated element had been introduced.

Mood: Unnerved

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:52 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi suddenly found her conversation rudely interrupted by the selfsame man that she had met on the battlefield months before. She recognized him as the Firelord, but did not know him by name. He spoke to her though, cutting off what may have been a chance at interaction with the other firebender.

"I think we've met somewhere, err, Airbender... perhaps on the battlefield?"
"I believe we have... Omashu, I recall." she said, her face going from pink to red. he had almost certainly overheard her confession earlier, and so after her little remark, she didn't really want to say anything else quite as quickly. as brave as the battle-hardened warrior was, she was a very timid woman in a normal social situation. Perhaps her only fear was awkwardness, since the battlefield had made it clear that she was not afraid of any form of death.

whatever the case, she went back to her drink, minding her own business.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Novai

The responses in Novai's eyes were surprising to say the least, couldn't the Fire Lord visit his citizens as a regular person? It seems not.

The Firebender woman spoke first: "Greetings, sire?"

Novai responded first to her, as he favored his citizens over all other nations, "Greetings, by your attire and your demeanor I assume your a strong fire bender." Novai stated smiling the entire time.

He shifted his attention to the Airbender woman, his texture and tone becoming more serious, an airbender of all places, especially after the war. Something was suspicious, Novai expected hostilities from all corners.

"I believe we have... Omashu, I recall."

"I believe that you attacked a general of mine, one of great importance to me, I suppose I can pardon it, as I have pardoned the war."

Novai was always protective of his father figure Hayato. As Novai grew up in the Fire Nation Royal Palace, his father taught him, yet Hayato had taught him the intricate nature of lightning bending. Only a few knew how to perform it, yet it was perhaps the most powerful form of firebending.

Novai waved for the butler to bring him a chair to sit upon and a glass of soda, since he did not drink alcohol of any form.

"Tell me of what professions you both are.." Novai inquired, clearly interested in the daily lives of two strangers.

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

"Greetings, by your attire and your demeanor I assume your a strong fire bender."

Mozello swiveled on the chair to face the Fire Lord with her better, less charred half at that assumption and hid a growing smile with one hand, a fleeting, dangerous thought had passed through her mind partly in thanks to the alcohol now flowing in her veins. If he weren't so clearly sober, that could have easily been interpreted as a pass.

"Tell me of what professions you both are.."

What a strange way to proceed with conversation she mused to herself, perhaps the young royal thought it was the norm to ask about one's job two lines into a tavern conversation. Not wishing to bring undesired attention upon herself by being overly descriptive or making a jab at his straightforwardness, she responded plainly with one eye looking down at the Novai's choice of drink. Fair enough, it wouldn't be proper for the ruler of the Fire Nation to be staggering dazedly around in some tavern miles away from the throne anyway.

"The instructor of a firebending academy."

Mood: Confused

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:14 am

[@Novai: you probably already know this, but Mozello's post is on the previous page. just FYI]

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi remained wary in case this turned ugly, but it seemed to be taking a different road, and hopefully it would not go that way.
...or so she thought. it seemed that the firelord wanting to bring up the past.
"I believe that you attacked a general of mine, one of great importance to me, I suppose I can pardon it, as I have pardoned the war."

his first statement had raised alarm, and she was only moments away from assuming a defensive stance, but his second one pacified her, and so instead she remained calm.
"as you wish then." she nodded.

But he wasn't finished--as long as it wasn't about the war, this was not necessarily a bad thing.

"Tell me of what professions you both are.."
She kept quiet for a moment, since she thought her profession was obvious. granted, not all soldiers were warriors for a living--many had livings they made back home, or families to tend to, or whatever else. not her though. However, she wasn't exactly socially adept, so she would let Mozello do the talking first--which she did.

"The instructor of a firebending academy." was her response. Xilingshi waited a few seconds, and after hearing the words of her new acquaintance, she felt courageous enough to give her answer.

"a warrior." she replied bluntly. Time to see how they took it.
Mood: Edgy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:22 am

Novai

By the look in the firebenders eye, Novai could sense he was being a little awkward, first he came and sat down without permission, now he was interrogating them. This was not the case, Novai having been raised his entire life in the palace had never set foot in certain parts of his kingdom, certainly not the tavern where he heard people got drunk and fought.

"Ah I see" Novai stated calmly, then sank into his chair, the airbender was a warrior and the firebender was a school teacher.

In response to the firebender, Novai however was a little more alert, she controlled the future of his nation, mess with her, and things would go awry.

"Teaching is an admirable profession, I can't necessarily say I attended academy, but I make sure that I a lot a decent chunk of funds towards education." Hopefully the recent war didn't bring harsh feelings amongst the instructors in the fire nation.

In response to Xilingshi he didn't expect anything less of a warrior, a soldier on fire nation land was clearly a threat, whether he chose to deport her or let her stay was up to him. She hadn't done anything wrong in the Fire Nation, so Novai decided to not do anything, in fact he wanted to learn if there were more airbenders like her.

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

Tucking arms tightly under her chest, Mozello looked across to Xilingshi whom she noticed was acting vicariously through self-spoken words and actions. The airbending woman couldn't be blamed for taking up such a position, what with being right next to man who was once her enemy, capable of having her executed for merely looking at him the wrong way or saying something that offended.

"The funding is much appreciated, my Lord. Despite the booming metal industry here, those in wealth tend to send their young to train in the capitol instead, so I'm often left to make compromises so that those from less affluent families get an opportunity to learn firebending."

Speaking those words reminded her of own situation so many years ago, how Cai had flexed the rules and regulations to give Mozello a chance to learn firebending properly and become recognized. If she hadn't, current life could have been a very different one, it wasn't impossible to believe that she might have even became a notorious criminal element within the city with her strong exterior and determination or perhaps enlisted in the army much like Xilingshi beside her, with no craft but the art of killing.

Instead she now followed in Cai's footsteps, ensuring that future generations would be able to follow the path of fire without being held back by circumstances beyond their control. Mozello pondered, was the Fire Lord aware of the arrangement in which this monetary assistance was being provided? Perhaps he was prodding at the issue to see if she'd bite the hand that feeds? I mean, what better time than when she'd loosen her tongue with a few drinks, the firebender took a deep breath, causing her body to rise and fall.

'I'd speak more on the subject, but not here.'

Her azure eyes fixated on Novai's for a brief moment whilst she purposefully curled a hand, before they receded back into a lackadaisical state.

Mood: Defensive

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Novai

Novai peered underneath the table, moving his eyes silently, watching the Firebender woman, curl a fist. It was expected, many orphans and talented young firebenders died each year, many of them never having a chance to utilize their full ability. It was because Novai's father wanted an elite army, full of well groomed and talented firebenders, in case of war. Since it was now Novai's country, he would put more funding into education, it was the least he could do to undermine the problem.

"I'm glad you believe that the funding is sufficient, I however feel it is lacking, and because of this feeling, I am willing to allot more funds and revenue towards education. Take in every orphaned Firebender, and teach them what you know, hopefully your teaching is sufficient." Novai didn't want to sound rude, but he needed to know if putting money into the education program was worth it.

Were the teachers doing their jobs? There was only one way to find out.

"Pardon me if I sound rude, or even arrogant, but in order to test your abilities to teach the next generation, I would like to challenge you to an Agni Kai."

Surely Novai could not challenge every master firebender, but he hoped that Mozello would represent her class well.

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

"Agni Kai, ah... a... Ah-AHAHAHAHAHA-"

Mozello threw back her head wildly, laughing raucously while holding her sides. The facade she'd struggled to maintain in her drunken state began to visibly shatter; just like the glass that had slipped loose of an errant hand. Her cackle stopped abruptly as she pointed an accusing finger at Novai, voice now dripping with dark intent, it was several tones deeper and huskier than when she'd been speaking earlier.

"You've made a grave error in challenging me, Boy. I'll give you a nice scar for you to remember my dead students by."

The tall woman sharply rose from her chair, throwing her coat aside. The brooding instructor had had enough of this, all she had wanted was to be left alone tonight, to drown her sorrows in peace. The last person she wanted to meet was the Fire Lord, but since he was effectively giving her permission to get a piece of him; there was no more reason to mix words or be timid to his royal status. Perhaps the young Lord was not directly responsible for their deaths, but he was born of the bloodline and for Mozello, that was enough to be held accountable.

"I accept your challenge."

She wasn't completely sober yet, as her words slurred slightly as the fury stood before him.

Mood: Enraged
Condition: Marbleless

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi was drunk enough to not care where she was, but still sober enough that she was aware of her surroundings enough that she caught on that the firelord and the teacher were about to fight--or duel, or whatever it was those firebenders called it. This was a sight she wanted to see, and so she said nothing, but looked back at the two firebenders. She was ready to get up and follow them if they did have that match, because this was a piece of action she definitely wanted to see.

Drunk, Sober, sleepy, vitalized, whatever the case, Xilingshi never missed a chance to watch a fight--or participate in one where she could. She would watch these two firebenders, should they decide to go out and beat the crap out of each other, and she would possibly try to see if she could integrate any of their moves into her arsenal. should she be able to, it would be no easy task, but Xilingshi knew that with enough dedication, she could utilize the right types of moves if she got to witness them enough times.

"Fight like nothing's holding you back; Show 'em everything you've got!"
It wasn't directed at either party in particular; Xi just wanted to see some fighting by the skilled masters. It was an easy way to make her day.
Mood: Drunk
Link:

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:45 pm

Novai

As the firebending woman began to laugh, Novai sat and stared as she threatened him. An empty threat or a serious one, he didn't know. She took off her coat and Novai removed his tunic to reveal a seasoned body, muscular from almost every angle, except on his back, extending from his shoulder blade down to his hip, was an ugly scar he had received from his father. Nevertheless he motioned his opponent outside the tavern and created a large boundary from which they could fight.

A rectangular shaped arena, and at each end was a flamed torch so to emphasize the uniqueness of such an agni kai.

Novai stared at his opponent, into her deep gray eyes, and then blinked, and spoke.

"Lets see if you can bite as much as you bark" he stated while grinning.

Novai moved towards his enemy in a side step, zig zagged pattern, he knew she was drunk so it would be easier to move fast and quick. Before he reached her, he extended his right arm forward, fist clenched and shot a stream of blazing blue flames.

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:30 am

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

Mozello stood across from Novai in the make-shift arena, rolling her shoulders and alternating standing on one leg. There was a need to be cautious of both balance and perception in her inebriated state. Her younger, musculed opponent would no doubt take advantage of this obvious fact. It was doubtful that she'd succeed in a straight-up fight with the Fire Lord, from what she'd put together from rumours amongst her academic peers, he'd already mastered the art of lightning-bending and could empower his fires effortlessly to the point they would rage a bright blue among other less believable gossip.

"Lets see if you can bite as much as you bark."

Dropping into a hunch akin to that of a drunkard, watching as Novai began to dance sharply back and forth towards her. When he finally launched his first salvo of flames, she took this oppotunity to make it known that she was not to be taken lightly even if she'd had one too many to drink. Intentionally allowing herself to fall forwards, the instructor threw her hands out to either side of the blue trail as it was about to pass over. Her eyes sharpening with a moment of intense concentration, she surprisingly levered herself upright using the flames as an imaginary support and at the same time began to turn her back to Novai. Spinning around haphazardly, the fire twisted with her movements and then was released back in the opposing direction.

"I can always leave a bite instead of a burn, if you prefer."

Mozello teasingly flicked aside a tuft of her raven hair that had obstructed vision after that display of firebending prowess, she hoped that would unsettle the young Fire Lord enough to make him less likely to hasten into his attacks.

"You might be the strongest firebender of us, but I have my tricks."

'Of course, once I've used them all, he'll just walk all over me. So I'll need to save my best for last.'

Mood: Frustrated

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Novai

Novai's opponent was not an ordinary one, she was adept at fire bending and dodging even while intoxicated. He wasn't fearful but he knew an agni kai with her would be, grueling and strenuous, she managed his flames and eluded them with grace following a short teaser.

"I can always leave a bite instead of a burn, if you prefer."

"You might be the strongest firebender of us, but I have my tricks."

Novai grinned, his opponent had clearly appeased his sense of competition and he was going to take this opportunity to unleash some of his most deadly techniques.

Extending his right arm in front of his left, fists clenched, and stance rigid, he began to throw volleys of blue flames at his opponent. Moving his arms ever so slightly a spark ran down his body, visibly indicated. The electricity which flowed within his body could only be charged, while flexible and steady otherwise the charge would explode within your body causing damage.

Relaxing from his volley of flames, he pointed his index and middle finger on both hands, keeping the others down, and began to move them in a circular motion, until finally he was charged, firing a super charged form of lightning at his opponent.

If his opponent could stop the lightning, Novai would have conceded that his opponent was truly a master, otherwise he would have to continue.

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:47 am

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

Mozello couldn't help but groan when she'd provoked the exact opposite outcome. Watching the hail of flames flying towards her, Novai's attacks had now intensified and grown in frequency. Normally, she'd just dance dangerously close to the flames, let them lick against her skin and return them in kind, but Agni Kai had a certain clause which worked against her, if she was burned by the Fire Lord first; it would mean loss by default, assuming it wasn't to the death.

Throwing her arms rigidly to one side and opening her palms the instructor conjured instantaneous but brief jetstreams of fire, they exploded violently outwards in a tight cone providing the impetuous required to hurl the instructor's body squarely out of harm's way. She repeated the gesture several times whilst tumbling, her metal boots scrapping and sparking against the cobble pavement that the make-shift arena had been erected on. Then again in mid-leap as a blue flame passed over her shoulder, absentmindedly performing a backflip to land on her feet, the disorientating movements caused her vision to sway and blur uncontrollably, Mozello was now acting purely on impulse and muscle memory, barely able to focus on or clearly decipher what she or the Fire Lord was actually doing.

'I know that noise.'

There was a growing, familiar crackling noise emanating from the Fire Lord's direction, was he really going to use that? Already? Damn.

'Let my instincts guide me.'

Mozello did not show the faintest fear or doubt at the bolt of lightning that was threatening to penetrate her form, no, instead raced to meet it head-on, kicking off the ground mightily with both feet and using her flames to project herself to meet it and more importantly, towards Novai who was sustaining the powerful attack.

Extending her hand out to meet the criticality of the electricity it flowed entirely into the woman's body through two fingers, she let it travel freely through her form and became a ragdoll in mid-flight, almost lifeless looking with naught but a careless smile, as obstructing its flow would result in potentially lethal consequences. There was a small hope in her thoughts that this desperado move had taken the Fire Lord off guard or at least stunned him long enough that her flung body would connect with his, binding Novai to his own attack.

Mood: Vicious
Condition: Electrified

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Another Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day   Just Another Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Another Day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Fire Nation :: Fire Fountain City-
Jump to: