The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Main Storyline

Go down 
+10
Ryu Tatsuo
T.K.
Katoraka
Zulera
Commander Star
Loki
Xilingshi
Novai
Meili
Liao
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryu Tatsuo
Ryu Tatsuo

EXP : 239
Birthday : 1999-08-04

Character Description
Position: General
Nation: Fire Nation

The Main Storyline - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:51 am

Fine, in order go stop the fighting before we kill each other about the best elements, we all have our own opinion and will fight to the end about it. Let's just stop talking about our favorite elements before we start to hate each other. We can all be friends here. I will admit every element is equal. Happy. bounce
Back to top Go down
T.K.
T.K.

EXP : 550
Birthday : 1994-10-18

Character Description
Position: Freedom Fighter Leader
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:25 pm

I agree with Ryu's lasrt comment and I personally loved all types of bending *cough* except sand bending *cough* but I'd jus tlike to make one last comment that air is what creates fire. Without air a fire cannot exist and the more wind/air the bigger a fire will get. A huge gust of wind like a tornado doesn't even put out a fire on the contrary it actually just makes the tornado go on fire (it sounds ridiculous but it's happened). The occassion is called a firestorm or fire tornado. It also doesn't have to be a tornado first it was once caused lightning striking an oil factory. There's also pyrocumulus which are clouds with fire or volcanic activity within them (I got great gradesin science *cough* nerd *cough*).and yet fire just destroys the air with all the carbondioxide it is releasening lessening it. When a tornado catches fire it is only for a short time however due to all the debris and the dust which puts it out. If a gust of wind were to carry dust onto a fire that would snuff it out but air itself builds fire up.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:52 am

Zulera wrote:

fire is by far the weakest element, which makes its status as the strongest nation only slightly ironic.
it's the most destructive, sure, but it lacks resistance and defense.
air can snuff fire out
water puts fire out
earth smothers fire.

LOL okay, interesting:

Fire

Evaporates water at high temperatures.
Air is oxygen, it makes flames bigger (contradictory)
and Fire blows the smithereens out of standing earth, its mud after all.

kthnxbai, Fire is NOT the weakest.

Every element has its ups and downs, but all of them are equal. Don't be hatin on Fire again...
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:02 am

actually, it still kinda is. it's always been an element about power with little defense (protection). without a fuel, out it goes. when in action though, it's the most deadly. [it's the only one that hurts you any time you touch it, as opposed to under special conditions] however, similarly, it's the only one that needs a fuel to continue lasting. you can hold a rock, some water, or some air, and it won't disappear.

so unfortunately, this means...
--that it will evaporate the water only if there is something between it and the water to heat up said water
--that it cannot survive without air
--and your remark about earth doesn't even make sense, unless you're referring to superheating a rock. if you're talking about mud, then mud wins hands down, because fire + mud = mud.

but if you read the argument, we already did decide that because of the laws of ups and downs, that the elements were equal. lol.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Tatsuo
Ryu Tatsuo

EXP : 239
Birthday : 1999-08-04

Character Description
Position: General

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:20 am

Well I guess the fight stated again, in case I have to vote, then I vote fire the best
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:02 am

hahahaha.
water remains superior to fire for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
T.K.
T.K.

EXP : 550
Birthday : 1994-10-18

Character Description
Position: Freedom Fighter Leader
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:59 am

energy bending (if you have a completely true mind and true heart) is supposed to be the most powerful form of bending. Though I myself wouldn't much like to have the power.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:14 am

I vote nonbending, that Ryu guy is cool(I'm not him I just look, talk, think, and have the same name as him.)
Back to top Go down
Zhifeng
Zhifeng

EXP : 357
Birthday : 1990-04-01

Character Description
Position: Student & Craftsman

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:16 am

You're...kidding, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:55 am

Yes I am kidding about the non bending but in real life me and Ryu are the same person
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Alright, I have an idea. A villain for a site event. The villain will be made by a collective bout of all of us, so that a little bit of everyone on the site is put into it. The site event could be something fun that we could all do either before or after the Beach Party. What do you all say? So far I got an idea for one that is a cyborg. That's it. I have it to where it goes into further detail, but this is so that we can all decide just how much of him is a cyborg, what is his or past, all of that good stuff. So, start listing ideas!
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:44 pm

in all honesty, that just seems incredibly out of place.

most of the active and skilled RPers on this site are content with doing what we're doing. experience and history shows that we're content with the character-based plots that we have.

and no offense or anything, but you've got quite a nasty history with godmodded and overpowered characters. we're trying to curb that, not encourage it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Actually Meili, I wasn't planning on controlling him. I was planning on giving that honor to you.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:58 pm

I don't dislike the idea per say, I just think we need more plot work to incorporate the "cyborg" as a villain. We need to ask ourselves "Do we really need another villain?" and then we need to take a vote as a community on whether or not we disagree or agree with the notion of a centralized plot.

There are proponents of and dissidents against a centralized plot, we should decide what we want as a community. I don't think that having a central plot will "ruin" current RP's and if you don't like the central plot you don't have to incorporate it into your threads. It should be a choice, like everything else, whatever works for the community should be adopted.
Back to top Go down
Fulei Xingshi
Fulei Xingshi

EXP : 325

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:58 pm

I like the idea of a centralised plot, but no offence the concept of a cyborg running amok doesn't seem like much of a centralised plot or a very longstanding one either (You just gather a group of people to take the guy down really). I think if we are to have a villain of sorts, they need to be the type of villain who can linger and eventually affect everyone. By all means, have a cyborg character, just I don't think it really works with the idea of having a site-wide plot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:32 pm

Eh, it doesn't have to be a cyborg. It's all up for everyone to say. Just give ideas, and then we'll see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
Nokomi
Staff Admin
Nokomi

EXP : 2700
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Murderess

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 pm

I thought the super-villain guy was supposed to be your character Dood? Isn't he trying to cause war or something? Why not just make him more chaotic and active, that'd work fine. We really don't need half-metal people running around. Sounds kinda like Sparky Sparky Boom Man from the show--er, I mean, Combustion Man. >_<

But in all honestly, we really don't need an 'overlord' of 'evil'. Mischievous spirits, in my opinion, would do just fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 am

Yeah, but some people *cough*Meili*cough* have an issue with him.
Back to top Go down
Nokomi
Staff Admin
Nokomi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:14 am

Screw that. Site ain't hers, now is it?

Do what you want, we all have our free will. Of course, keep in mind that with 'great power, comes great responsibility', for lack of better words. Razz Simple put, try not to GM and OP. It ruins the fun for everyone else (:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:19 am

I would ignore her, but then she's like a small child with a potty mouth. It's just easiest to do as she says and then not listen to her complain about it for hours on end.
Back to top Go down
Nokomi
Staff Admin
Nokomi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:21 am

As with small children, you should never give into them. It only makes them more demanding, greedy, and downright bratty. Let her throw her tantrums; we shouldn't be giving into them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:25 am

Yeah, but when the small child has half of the site on her side, you kinda listen to them all.
Back to top Go down
Nokomi
Staff Admin
Nokomi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 am

People only support her because they find her 'funny' or are scared of how she'll react.

If you want to have a 'villain' for the site, use Dood. I actually like his character, although you could tone down the OP'ing and GM'ing. You have my support for it. (:
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:39 pm

I agree (@Noko), a moratorium on ideas will not begin on my watch, expand expand and expand. Your ideas make NC come to life if you play them well, and I will not try to stop you until you break certain rules regarding forum conduct. As an admin you are well aware of the rules and I will expect you to follow them.

Free speech, free thought, free ideas. Chase the stars Gysu unless you can't control your char (as Noko mentioned).
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 7:09 am

you kids are acting like I am not present to notice your personal attacks against me.

I am not leaving. I am just no longer donating my ideas to this site. If a thread comes up where the attention of one or more of my characters is required, I will see to it, just as I've stuck with the ebb and flow of this site for several months.

Do what you will with the storyline though. I'm not here to post my objections. Just let me know if and when the Earth Queen, the Avatar, or the West, North, or East Air Temples come up.

=Zul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Main Storyline   The Main Storyline - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Main Storyline
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next