The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild Wars 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caeli
Caeli

EXP : 275

Character Description
Position: Gifted Earthbending-Student.
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:02 am

Hey guys!

So there is this MMO some interested in the topic may have heard of, it has particularly grabbed my attention;

Mainly because you can be an Elementalist, which is basically a bender of all 4 Elements, meaning I will be the Avatar!... Sort of!

Check it out! Its pretty awesome. Smile

Comments? Favorite things?
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:45 am

I remember playing the first Guild Wars for awhile. This looks pretty awesome, but the one thing I have a question about is what the transportation system is going to be like. While his point about preserving the sense of scale is interesting, I don't agree with it. Massive worlds require easy modes of travel or the entire game becomes about trudging from place to place. I remember having to walk everywhere in FFXI. That was really boring, even if the game did have other great features.

I do like how they streamlined the combat system and removed the triad classes to make it more about individual skill on the part of the players. Healers, DPS, and Tanks always had these really limited roles in a battle, making the game super repetitive after awhile. WoW for instance was all about macro abilities and arranging them just so. I like how it works on this. Switch between weapon sets and go to town. Nice. The one question that remains is how will weapons be created and or modified. If it's the weapon that determines your skill set, then I really want to know how all that works.

I'm glad they kept the free monthly play thing. That was always cool. WoW and the other games got ridiculous after awhile. It was like $20 a month to play FFXI.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Caeli
Caeli

EXP : 275

Character Description
Position: Gifted Earthbending-Student.
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:49 am

Kanoei wrote:
I remember playing the first Guild Wars for awhile. This looks pretty awesome, but the one thing I have a question about is what the transportation system is going to be like. While his point about preserving the sense of scale is interesting, I don't agree with it. Massive worlds require easy modes of travel or the entire game becomes about trudging from place to place. I remember having to walk everywhere in FFXI. That was really boring, even if the game did have other great features.

I do like how they streamlined the combat system and removed the triad classes to make it more about individual skill on the part of the players. Healers, DPS, and Tanks always had these really limited roles in a battle, making the game super repetitive after awhile. WoW for instance was all about macro abilities and arranging them just so. I like how it works on this. Switch between weapon sets and go to town. Nice. The one question that remains is how will weapons be created and or modified. If it's the weapon that determines your skill set, then I really want to know how all that works.

I'm glad they kept the free monthly play thing. That was always cool. WoW and the other games got ridiculous after awhile. It was like $20 a month to play FFXI.
Fast Travel exists if you have discovered the location.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Well, that's nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
River
River

EXP : 100
Birthday : 1992-04-23

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 3:06 pm

I have an elementalist though my main character on gw2 is a Sylvari ranger. Very Happy I think Luna Palemoon is level 40 or almost..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Wars 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2   Guild Wars 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2
Page 1 of 1