The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The King's Comrade

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Kano walked along the avenue toward the towering structure of the Aowaka School. It stood like an aged sentry at the very end of the way, it's man stairs climbing up to the doors of the training hall. He'd walked this stretch of the Waterbenders' Quarter more times than he could remember. However, this was the first time he'd walked it as Chief of the Northern Water Tribe. Since he'd returned to the Northern Water Tribe a week ago from his adventures abroad, he'd been holed up in the palace under his grandfather's watchful eye while every elder under the sun briefed him on the current status of the tribe's resources. He'd finally snapped and used his authority to demand a break. He was still weeks away from going through the trials and being officially declared the chief, but he still had the authority of an heir apparent.

It was a strange thing, traveling through the city with his new status. Before, he was just Kano. Everyone knew him for one reason or other. However, he had always just been the helpful kid from the Aowaka School. Now he was their future chief and no matter how much it made him uncomfortable, they insisted on showing him an excessive level of respect. It was strange. He was less than half the age of most...

He climbed the steps of the Aowaka School. As he reached their summit, the landing which led into the training hall, he looked over his shoulder at the only building in the tribe grander than the one he now stood at -- the Palace. It was hard to believe that was his new home.

After a few moments, he turned and headed inside. Nothing had changed. Not a single thing. The icy training hall was filled with students practicing and the spouts of the Waterbending Wolf's statue were still flowing with clear water, creating a gentle and calming cascading sound. He scanned the students. There were familiar faces and there were some he didn't know. It seemed the months he had been gone had been good for enrollment. He was just about to turn and head into the barracks when a familiar voice called out...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Yasu
Yasu

EXP : 875
Birthday : 1991-08-03

Character Description
Position: Citizen

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:16 pm

The afternoon was all his. Help wasn't needed at his father's place, and his mother was preoccupied enough now that she had some free time for herself. Yet again Yasu needed to find something to do with his time, and it was looking promising. The street his feet had carried him to had the grand training school at the end of it. With his head high, he hoped to be able to catch a match, even participate. No longer part of a formal class, there might be trouble getting in. Usually, though, anyone looking to improve their skills was welcome. Of course the trainers knew his ability, and could match him up with someone or some task. They rarely put him against others when he'd been a student- the losses he suffered had been staggeringly unfair.

Memory welcomed thoughts of his friends from back then, before his best had been lost to that girl. The ill will suffered would take a long time to heal, but it definitely seemed that friendship had been shattered on a deep level. He still had other comrades, but as he looked around he realized they would be working on their training- still. Without promising ability he'd never been strictly taught, yet it was no trouble finding something that needed doing. After a few warm up stretches, one of the tutors sent him to practice the water whip on an edge of the grounds. As he fell in to the familiar motion, mind wandered. The tutor could tell, and pressed up silently with thin lips on Yasu's wrist. He corrected himself and focused on the task at hand, working the water smoothly, albeit slowly, with a powerful concise stroke.

The stream of water fell as he recognized someone he hadn't seen in a long while. The tutor had moved on, and no one seemed to notice as he darted around a pair of dueling apprentices. "Kano!" Man, it had been forever, or so it seemed. Ever since the slightly younger man had mastered waterbending, he'd been less available. When it was revealed he would be the next Chief of the Northern Tribe, he was all but gone. Seeing him out and about like this was quite a surprise. A smile broke over his face as he approached, holding out a hand for a shake and a half-hug. Had Kanoei changed much? Or would he still be the same fun-loving fellow Yasu knew? Who knew what he'd been through in the past months.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Kano spun on the spot the moment he recognized the voice. Sure enough, it was exactly who he thought it was.

"Y-Yasu!" he said with a broad smile, grasping his hand briefly before throwing his hands around the man and grasping him in a brotherly sort of hug. This was a pleasantly unexpected surprise. It had been months since he'd seen Yasu. He was as close to a best friend as Kano'd gotten since Hun-Hun had left the North over a decade ago. They'd spent years training together.

"LOOK OUT!" called an urgent voice.

Kano pulled his head back just enough for an icy spike to fly past harmlessly. It was a matter of common occurrence, things like that in this place. Especially when Tonu was practicing. He was notoriously clumsy. Kano didn't even bother looking around for the source. He carried on his conversation with Yasu like nothing had happened.

"How have you been?" he asked as Tonu came running past, the voice of Instructor Katona cursing after him for his mistake.
Back to top Go down
Yasu
Yasu

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:00 am

Yasu laughed aloud in delight as he embraced his rediscovered friend, clapping him on the back before stepping back to get a good look at him. With a broad grin and a lightened heart he bounced a pat off Kano's shoulder, smirking mischieviously. "Come to show me up in a duel again?" The sharp warning call caused him to look over quickly, and he leaned back in the nick of time. After regaining his balance, he was left in momentary awe at the nonchalance of the soon-to-be Chief. Smile softened as he realized he liked the idea of this young man becoming Chief over most others he knew.

With a comic flinch at Katona's scolding voice- he'd heard that all too often- Yasu relaxed again and gestured to the door. "Should probably chat somewhere a little safer." He started heading that way, chattering all the way. "You must be swamped! How'd you get away from everyone? Man, it's good to see you again! I haven't been up to much, just trying to save up some, maybe finally get to go see the fire nation. You know what? I heard the Avatar's in town! Up here, at the north pole! What do you suppose she's doing? I wonder what she looks like..." Suddenly he fell quiet, bashfully, the raging light in his eyes dimming as the tirade was cut off.

As good as it was to see Kanoei as the same skillful warrior, the same good friend, he needed to remember to respect him as well. With a self-conscious chuckle he slowed, turning to listen for a turn.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:19 am

"Oh, Yasu, you have no idea the horrors of red tape I've been wading through and I'm not even chief yet." Kano said in an exhausted sort of voice, shaking his head. Nevertheless, he had a grin on his face the entire time. He was happy to have some portion of his former life available to him at that moment. It wasn't like the elders or the ministers gave a twist about his feelings.

Zulera being in town was news to him, though. Last he knew, she was at the Western Air Temple. Of course, that was months ago. He'd heard a rumor that she had headed toward Omashu. There was rumored to be some big event in the works under the Earth King's watch, but they were keeping the details more successfully secret than they had been keeping their military projects. If she was in town, though, he had no doubt that trouble was soon to follow. She seemed to attract it wherever she went. For the moment, he was going to go on the theory that it was a rumor only.

"The Avatar is a real piece of work." Kano chuckled, nodding at Yasu's comments. "I won't deny that she's got some good looks, but she's a little pint-sized. If memory serves, your ride has a height requirement..." he held a hand down, indicating a height just below his own waist. He laughed. "Hm... but she does enjoy flashing people her breasts. After months of traveling with her, I still don't have a clue what all that's about..."
Back to top Go down
Yasu
Yasu

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:44 pm

It made sense that Kano had met her- it only seemed right that the Avatar would greet the chief of the tribe during a visit. Brows raised in disbelief as his comrade painted a picture of the avatar that was anything but noble and spiritual. He laughed aloud and shook his head. "I'll keep lookout, then. Shouldn't be too hard to spot, unless she's hiding out in the child's school!" He got in another chuckle before a second tidbit that was rather stunning stopped him in his tracks. Yasu didn't know what to make of it- The Avatar, flashing people? Then an idle thought sprung to mind.

"You dog-fox! What were you doing with her, that she flashed you?" Suggestively Yasu nudged Kano, not once believing that anything of that nature had occurred. It didn't seem to suit his friend, but then again, it had been a while since they'd hung out. Perhaps he could get a tour of the palace or tag along for a day- politics interested him, after all. He didn't want to be a trouble asking favors, but it still felt natural to invite himself to Kano's. Pretty much anyone in the city was welcome to Yasu's home, or his dad's restaurant. A lot of people knew his face, some his name, and fewer still knew his fist. The late habit of starting trouble could be traced to his restless view toward leaving here- it seemed futile, like he would be trapped. It wasn't something he was proud of, getting in scraps, but being with Kano again brought his personality back to lighter days. He wondered if Kano had heard of the trivial conflicts with so much else going on, but shrugged it off. He didn't seem to care so far.

Now, about that Avatar...
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:27 pm

"Ha, I was nothing like that." Kano laughed, waving a dismissive hand at Yasu's less-than-subtle suggestion. "We were fighting a band of thugs on the road up to Caldera City and she decided to flash them as a distraction. Which... was a bit more than a distraction for the thugs, I admit. But we didn't spark up a relationship or anything. Friends? I... think so. Lovers? Not a chance. Heh. That woman is out of her mind..."

Kano walked through the barracks hall with Yasu to the dining hall. It was the same, fur-covered, cozy old room it always was. There were steaming pots suspended over the fire. No doubt, it was some stew his mother had put on for dinner later. He could hear someone puttering around in the kitchens next door. He had a few coins that said it was his mother hard at work. She did so love her kitchen. It wasn't the kind of thing one expected of a master earthbender, to enjoy cooking Water Tribe food so much she voluntarily spent her days doing it. Still, he owed much of his health to her exemplary culinary skills.

Settling down in a spot next to the long, ice table. If it were anyone else, he would have indicated for his company to do the same. But Yasu was no stranger to this place. He knew he was more than welcome at Tako's table. If he wanted to sit, he could go right ahead.
Back to top Go down
Yasu
Yasu

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 4:22 pm

As the dining hall came into view, Yasu was truly glad to be back. Mouth watered at the savory aroma drifting from the cooking pots. He sorted out the spices and meats in his mind as the smell sifted through his mind. Easily he took a seat, seemingly not phased by the luxurious room and the status of the man with which he would dine- it just seemed like old times. The barracks' occupants were mostly out, but it seemed a group was in part of the hall enjoying themselves while waiting for their stew to finish. Their laughter was something he'd grown up hearing, working at his father's place. With a nostalgic, level smile he turned to Kano, shaking his head.

"I envy you, getting to travel so far. With the Avatar, even -- even if she's unorthodox, for what we'd all imagined. I never thought she'd be so brash in her fighting techniques. Certainly a far cry from the tales of Aang. " He heard bustling in the kitchen, and wanted to ask how Kano's mother was doing- after all, she'd shared a recipe or two with Yasu's father and by extension, Yasu- but he'd seen her fairly recently at market. A better inquiry soon lit in his mind- "Where are you going next?"
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:34 am

Kano couldn't suppress a frown. It wasn't displeasure with the question, but rather his own situation. From the moment he first stepped through the doors of the palace upon his return, the simple fact that he was in a cage of duties and formality slowly began sinking in. It seemed to weigh on his very soul, the mere thought. It felt like what he had gained in power, he had lost in freedom. Now he understood why so many young kings simply went insane...

He looked over at Yasu slowly.

"For the moment, I'm... I'm stuck here." Kano said with a pang of dread at the thought. There was a time in his life when he couldn't have imagined longing to be anywhere but there, in the Northern Water Tribe. But now? Now it just felt like a prison made of ice. "My duties to the North won't permit me to go anywhere at the moment. I've been stuck in meeting after briefing after meeting since I got back. Heh... I was lucky even to slip out of the palace for an hour or two today."

He managed half a chuckle at this last bit, but it was pitiful and wholly unconvincing. His gaze fell back to the table. He found himself examining the cracks in it's icy surface as though he hoped there were some untold wisdom infused in those aged lines...
Back to top Go down
Yasu
Yasu

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:05 am

Eyes softened as he understood Kano's plight all too well, but from the wrong perspective. To be able to wander... that is what drove him, not to get away from this place. He liked it here, but it was all he knew. Comforting, like the soldier banter. "It must be difficult. It's not something I would take on by choice. " He took a breath, falling into deep thoughts for a moment. Stomach growled as the stew seemed to have reached a boil, but before it could be brought he cleared his throat and hoarsely spoke.

"What you do- it's amazing. Running the tribe... I don't know anyone better suited." He straightened in his seat, twiddling his thumbs on the table and smiling brightly with a seated bow of thanks to the gentleman that brought him his serving. Without waiting for Kano to begin eating, he dug in, savoring the flavors. "My compliments to the chef!" He loudly spoke to the retreating server, grinning broadly since Kano's mother had probably heard.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:05 pm

"Don't you go eating all of it, Yasu, or I'll have your hide!" the stern yet obviously bemused voice of Suna, Kano's mother answered from the kitchens. She knew Kano's friends far too well. Of course, she also knew Yasu as a veteran student. She may have been Kano's mother by blood, but she acted as a mother to many in the school. Most were boarding students long removed from their families.

Kano swallowed a spoon-full of the stew and instantly experienced a contentment that only his mother's cooking could inspire. It was something he hadn't felt in almost a year. Between his adventures and all the palatial duties of the chief, he'd not had time to even visit his own home.

"You know, I wish I had your confidence about all this." he admitted finally. "I haven't even officially been made chief and I'm already a little overwhelmed by all this."
Back to top Go down
Yasu
Yasu

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Kano's mother's threat amused Yasu greatly, and with a smirk he managed to down the whole bowl and clap it down on the table for seconds. A gulp of water saved him from burning his throat too badly, and he panted for a few seconds as eyes watered. "Excellent as always. He sputtered, still laughing softly. Confidence? Kanoei, not confident? Impossible. Well, I'm not in your shoes, but maybe you've just gotta get back to basics every now and then. Keep grounded. Hang out with me, remember the good times, know what it's like to be just a citizen. Can't be getting too comfortable up in your high ostrich-horse.

Busy or no, Yasu wouldn't mind hanging out more. Even if he could just follow along. He was, after all, usually the silent, observant type. Maybe he could take notes, or just.. be a guard? He'd be a bad guard, but his little knife would probably buy some time for others to get in and help. It was an intriguing idea, but he balked at the thought. It would mean staying here, in the north. ... Or it could mean traveling the world with Kano. That would be a lot more complex than it seemed.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Kano nodded slowly at the suggestions. It wasn't a bad idea. And after all, why not? It wasn't like he was clueless, bound to run the tribe into the ground if he didn't absorb several libraries worth of politics, economics, and law in the space of a week. There was no good reason it couldn't be stretched out over a longer period of time to allow him some breathing room. He was a devoted student, but the elders were asking too much, too fast.

He remained silent, deep in thought as he slowly ate his bowl of stew. Compared to his pace, Yasu was speeding along like he was riding an eel-hound with a speed-demon problem. As he spooned the last dregs of his stew into him mouth, he came to a decision.

"I think I'm going to let the Small Council know they'll be working on my schedule from now on." he said. It was a truly cathartic declaration. It was the first time he'd actually made a decision in his new position with such finality. "I'd like to be the sort of person who can stand being holed up in a palace for months on end without it bothering me, but I'm just not. I'm too used to doing things... other ways."
Back to top Go down
Yasu
Yasu

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Yasu nodded and smiled to Kano, and began his second bowl as the Chief heir-apparent lapsed into thought. One of the soldiers in the far corner recognized him and called out, waving. Yasu waved back and they chatted across the hall in loud, but not indecently so, tones. The soldier was surprised he'd grown so big and was still around. "Way to crush it in, man! He laughed, but it did cut a little. Ah well, maybe he should stop moping about it and start getting something DONE about it.

He ate a little more, and looked up when Kanoei spoke. There was something different about his voice that sounded like the resolute, mature voice of a true leader. It made sense, to Yasu anyway. No need to be concerned all the time with the tribe, especially in this era of relative calm. If things got a little more tense between nations, maybe, but for now, all seemed good to Yasu. He hadn't heard any of the countless briefings, sure, but he still felt there wasn't much to the job. Kano's stress and quick maturity told otherwise, but he didn't see that. Yasu only saw his old friend. Good! You can take a week or so off and go visit the earth kingdom. Let me tag along... relax on a warm beach somewhere with earth kingdom chicks. He winked, enjoying the idea.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:10 am

"Were it that easy." Kano laughed, inwardly appreciating that image as though it was a vacation unto itself. "I think I should probably just start with getting out of the palace in the afternoons. That, at least, I think I can sell my grandfather on."

He shook his head, still chuckling at that idea. It wasn't a bad one. In fact... it was quite appealing, really. Warm weather... and women. What wasn't to like? But he had his duty. And until that duty allowed him to make off for long periods, he'd have to bow to its demands and do thinks Hakano's way. That was the simple truth of the matter.

"But anyway." he said finally, gulping down a large mouthful of stew from a newly re-filled bowl. He was in considerably brighter spirits now. The wonders good food and company could work... "Enough of that depressing business! Tell me. You still worth a sparring match?"
Back to top Go down
Yasu
Yasu

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:05 pm

He nodded knowingly. Yasu had only met Kano's grandfather a few times, and he didn't have a bad impression of the guy, but he was certainly a man who knew what he wanted and knew how to get it. Or force it. In that way he was like the ocean, pounding away at the coast and the ice until it eventually gave. Even his age seemed to show the steadfast patience shared with the element.

This sent him to thinking which body of water Yasu himself was like. Kano could be like a flash flood, in that his rise was abrupt and powerful. But, flash floods were not welcome, and the people of the tribe accepted him easily, for the most part. Maybe Yasu was the tide, subject to the pull of the moon and fate. It certainly wasn't a thought he appreciated. He wanted to make his own path, but was too comfortable letting things happen to him.

He scoffed. Sparring? You know me. I can't win against a beginner. Most of the benders that come here from the south with no formal training are better than me. If it weren't for my knife... He shrugged. Were you thinking of going at it anyway?
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:20 pm

"Only if you're up for it." Kano smiled. "You know what they say -- You can't get better if you don't bend. Besides. You're not nearly as bad as you think you are."

"Heh heh." Kina, one of the more senior students said, leaning over from her stew. "Yeah, he is."

"Rich of you, Kina." Kano chuckled. "You're no bending prodigy yourself."

Kina shrugged, chuckling as well. Most gathered around the table caught wind of the challenge Kano had just levied and abandoned their own conversations to listen in on him and Yasu. They chuckled as well, one or two flicking droplets of water at Kina, who was completely unphased by the icy liquid hitting her.

"How about this?" Kano said, looking around at them all. "Yasu, Kina, Paila, Senk, and Kodo... versus me?"

Now that was a challenge. Even he didn't know if he could handle that.
Back to top Go down
Yasu
Yasu

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Yasu laughed- practicing against Kano? All he would practice is defense. As others gathered around, though, he wasn't one to turn down the open challenge. Now that others were in to watch... he had a little more motivation. He stood, nodding. When Kanoei suggested the absurd match, though- he blinked, uncertain. Fighting alongside these trainees? It would be fun, but he'd have to hold back. Well, water couldn't really hurt anyone. Not as badly as fire, or earth.

I'm down. So long as You're all in? The surrounding trainees all nodded vigorously, or grinned. The unfair odds seemed too good, and if Kano managed to defeat them all... well, who knew what would result.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:26 am

Kano smiled.

A minute or two later, the group filed out into the training hall where Instructor Katona and her students were still practicing. The moment they emerged, she looked around.

"What's all this?" she asked, looking from one senior to the next.

"I challenged the five of them to a match." Kano explained simply, as though this was perfectly reasonable. He shed his parka and began stretching. He wasn't wearing his kimono under his jacket today, so his arms were largely bare. It'd been the first time in awhile that he felt the bite of the cold on them. It felt good.

However, there were a few new things adorning his arms. Whereas he used to have nothing but the Mark of Mastery on them, he was now wearing a pear of blue silk and brown and black leather bracers lined around the top end with fine white fur. They were adorned with the full moon flanked by two crescents, the symbol of the Chiefdom. They were artifacts of the Chiefdom, bracers worn by every crowned prince since the foundations of the Northern Water Tribe. They had belonged to every chief since. Though he didn't have to wear them, he liked the way they felt. There was a third piece to the set -- an armband which would be worn on the left arm. It would be given to him at his coronation. It was the closest thing to a crown the Northern Water Tribe honored.

But all that was business for another time. He rolled his head around on his neck and then moved toward the outer practice yard. It was a sunny day. It was the perfect place for this. Plenty of room and it'd let the spectators watch from the comfort of the Training Hall. He looked over at Yasu and the others walking parallel to him with a devilish grin on his face. This was going to be good.

As soon as they were out in the light of the training yard, he took up a position about twenty feet away from the others and entered his opening stance. All this was made all the more entertaining by the fact that he knew most of the instructors loved to watch him fight. Sure enough, Instructor Katona was at the gates, sitting on a stool of ice with her arms folded. Her students were arrayed on the ground around her, legs crossed. Kano chuckled.

"Looks like we have ourselves an audience." he said. "Let's give 'em a show, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Yasu
Yasu

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:47 pm

As they prepared, Yasu shed his jacket and limbered up, doing waterbending moves in slow-motion. He left his knife in the academy room, not wanting to bring anything potentially dangerous to the friendly match. Since he was normally not decorated for any sort of fight, he borrowed some wraps from the training hall and adorned his forearms with the white cloth. Striding down to the field outside felt like he was entering a tournament, but he knew it was far more foolish. If Kano focused on any one of them, they were going to go down and out. He would work with his comrades in this fight, and hopefully he could get away with solely defensive maneuvers.

Kano's rallying speech- albeit brief- made him smirk and set his heels in to the ice. Though Senk stepped to the front of the 5-person group, creating a small arrowhead shape, Yasu did not object. He stood before Paila on the right-hand side, Kina and Kodo flanking on the left. A show it will be. As they all set in, Yasu felt comfortable- an odd sensation when adrenaline was beginning to pump through him. The wait for the start was toxic, though- Without a formal caller, even in such a formal situation, he took charge of that.

Go! He took a step and swung water in from the right, from the narrow pool around the border of the arena. He flung it loosely at Kano, watching acutely for any sort of attack. It was hard as his team stepped forth, swinging their own attacks. Kina pulled a chunk of ice from behind them, throwing it as well, and Senk sent a stream of water from the left that joined Yasu's.

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Kano smirked at this opening volley. It wasn't bad as team attacks go. Kina's use of an ice chunk was typical and Senk always like piggy-backing his attacks onto others to amplify the power. Yasu and the others were a bit less predictable. However, the first attack was always a trial run, just to see what the reaction would be. So he decided to give them a run for their money.

He intercepted Yasu and Senk's combined attack, spinning on the spot. As he brought it back around, he fired it out, compressing the water into a beam sharp and powerful enough to slice Kina's ice chunk clean in two. As the two halves passed him, he liquefied them and spun the water into a belt around himself in midair, spinning it swiftly. Both Paila's and Kodo's attacks ended up simply adding themselves to the belt and then, with a spin of his hands, the water condensed into an orb before him briefly before exploding into a cloud of steam.

The wind swept the steam about the area a bit before clearing it. However, when the cloud was finally cleared, Kano was nowhere to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Yasu
Yasu

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:28 am

As the others looked on through the steam, trying to bend it away and eventually succeeding with the help of the wind, Yasu felt out through the water, feeling an odd rumble. While his teammates were looking around, bracing themselves for anything, Yasu shut his eyes and swayed, melting the ice beneath him. He stood on the top layer of ice, and exhaled, freezing the melted water manually into a tough shield. It would be hard to protect his mates from whatever Kano was planning... there was only one place he could be, and he didn't know why the others didn't expect it. To me! He called, and Senk was the only one who decided to listen, which was just as well. They didn't want to be too close together, letting one attack knock 'em out. Hopefully the dense ice shield would make a rumble or give warning if Kano decided to attack from beneath. While he waited for the tense seconds- amazing how time slowed down when one was on edge- Yasu pulled a stream of water up around himself, moving fluidly.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Kodo, Kina, and Paila. They always fell for stuff like this. Floating just below the surface of the ice, Kano waited patiently. He could hold his breath for truly impressive stretches of time. He could afford to wait. He was still right beneath where he had been standing. The three of them walked toward the spot slowly, looking for him. He had no idea where they thought he had gone. It wasn't like there were that many hiding places out in the training yard.

And then...

Bingo. Kano grinned. The three of them had moved into a triangle formation overhead, a basic defensive formation that Instructor La Tao liked to advocate in situations where one's enemy was nearby but the exact position was unknown. It would have worked well too if it weren't for the fact that they chose to make their stand exactly where he wanted them.

In a single explosive moment, Kano burst through the ice, carried on a column of water. When he landed, the ground froze solid beneath him, much of the water that had carried him skyward splashing out in all directions over the newly solidified floor. With a complex and fluid motion, Kano bent the water up all three of their bodies. Before they could react, they were completely bound in it. Closing his open hands slowly, the water froze and the three were left standing there like a trio of struggling, ice-wrapped mummies.

Kano relaxed from his stance and walked leisurely past them. He flicked each one in turn. Ever so slowly, the three of them keeled over and hit the ground with thuds and cracking noises where they ultra-hard ice binding them chipped the ice of the ground. With a grin, he swept his foot sideways, making all three slide clear to the edge of the arena, right up to the feet of Instructor Katona who looked down at them, arms folded, a raised eyebrow and a frown.

"Imbeciles." she muttered.

Kano, meanwhile, resumed his stance, his full attention focused now on Yasu and Senk. These two were going to be more difficult. They, at least, knew how to work as a team.
Back to top Go down
Yasu
Yasu

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:55 pm

The burst of water frightened Yasu, so suddenly did it appear from the ground. He jumped back and bent a splash of it away, amazed at how quickly over half his team was gone. Such was the way of the wolf... he'd have to stick to Senk to have a chance now. Sinking into a defensive stance, he was half a step behind the fellow and watched carefully. Eyes widened as he realized Senk went into an offense against the approaching Kano, and he quickly shifted himself to aid. Senk set up an ice wall, broad and thick, midway between them.

Yasu slid his feet across the ice, twirling and making a trench just after the wall. The ice worked excellently as a block to Kano's view- with his eyes at least. Perhaps he could sense it, but the steps beyond the wall were now melted. Yasu tried to push the melting out further, sneaking it beneath Kano's feet to unbalance him, but his skill couldn't match his imagination and only resulted in a light crack in the icy ground.
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:22 am

Kano watched the wall go up. With a grinding and popping sound, the ice cracked slightly, the line of the crack snaking it's way across the ice surface, stopping right at his feet. He looked up from the crack at the wall now barring his view and shook his head, dropping his stance. He began shaking his limbs out, getting ready for this. This technique he was going to use was tricky and it didn't react well to even the slightest misstep. It was something he'd adapted from earthbending into a waterbending technique. In order to pull it off just right, he'd have to ride a fine line between fluidity and power of movement.

Once he was sure he was prepared, he sprang into complex, fluid movement. It was a timely sort of dance. At first, nothing appeared to be happening. And then, two by two, squared pillars shot skyward at either end of the wall, on the far side from him. They rose perfectly flush with the previous pillar in the line, forming two more walls. When all was said and done, Senk and Yasu were boxed in on three sides. Kano was about to make himself the fourth wall...

Swinging his arms around once more, he leaped into a dive straight at the icy floor. Just as he made contact, the ice liquefied. He bent himself a pipe-like path through the ice, traveling beneath Senk and Yasu to the far end of the enclosure he'd just created. He burst up through the ice, freezing the pipe of water instantly behind him, and assumed his stance once more, facing Yasu and Senk. It was time for a good two on one fight...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The King's Comrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King's Comrade   The King's Comrade Empty

Back to top Go down

The King's Comrade
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next