The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

EXP : 2408
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Travelling Circus Member
Nation: Air Temples

Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop Empty
PostSubject: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:21 pm

Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop Airbendergirl2g
Matsu laughed as a woman waved to her, and she cartwheeled away from the entrance of her circus tent. They were going to do a show later in the day, but for now, she could go and see Gaoling. Well....as long as her sister didn't catch her out and about. Her mother didn't like it when she went off on her own. But for goodness' sake, she was twenty-three! It wasn't like she'd get lost! Well...she did often, but...she always managed to find the caravan before they left!

She flew above the streets, singing happily to herself, the people down below looking up as she passed. With a giggle, she could see that she was far enough from the tent that she'd be safe, and she dropped back to the streets. She stood up on her hands and walked about, until finally deciding that she could meet some locals! She flipped over onto her feet, and tried starting a conversation with a young man, but he simply glared at her and kept walking. She then saw a little girl, and pulled out a few extra tickets to her circus show to give to the girl, but her mother dragged her away. Well! She'd never met such an unfriendly bunch!

She got back onto her hands and continued walking along like that, her skirt flipped up over and almost covering her eyes, bright yellow shorts underneath showing. People continued giving her weird stares, but she didn't mind. People did that often enough, what with her being part of the circus. She then came across a group of pretty girls, dressed all fancy-like in expensive green silk dresses, their black hair soft and shiny. She frowned at these, and they looked at her with disdain.

With a shrug, she continued along, cartwheeling and somersaulting through the street, narrowly avoiding a man carrying a basket full of vegetables. Another round of glares, and she looked for a place of refuge. A small tea shop came to her gaze, and she grinned before darting to the door and ducking inside. It was open and very well lit, many large windows filling it with bright light, but she still felt slightly out of place among all of the brown and green clad figures with black hair. Her colorful attire didn't fit in, and she quickly looked about for an empty seat.

Finding one near the window, she ducked into it and hid her face behind a menu, her cheeks burning with embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

EXP : 579
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character Description
Position: Earthbender-in-training and waitress at a tea shop
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura was beginning to become tired after working at her family's restaurant for most of the day. What Sakura really wanted to do was to hide in her room and work on her gift for Haruki's birthday, because it was coming up. Sakura was planning on giving her a small portrait of the two of them that was done last summer by a painter. Sakura was making a beautiful frame, with all of the activities that the two enjoyed doing.
Sakura had just given green tea and biscuits to one of the shop's regular costumers, who always came in after work to relax. She stretched her back, and saw someone trying to slip into the shop. Instantly, Sakura knew that the woman was not from around here, because her clothes and hair was different. She glanced over to Haruki, who was making her way over to the strange woman. For some reason, Sakura felt drawn to her. Perhaps because Sakura was different as well.
"Haruki, I'll get this one. I think table two is ready to order, though." Sakura says, slipping over to Haruki and then pointing to the table to the left of them. Haruki shrugged, and walked over to the table.
"Welcome to Tea Tree Cafe. I'm Sakura, are you ready to order?" She asks, even though the woman had just entered the store. Sometimes costumers had been recommended by someone else, and already knew what to order.

Mood: Tired
Condition:Healthy

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Matsu looked up, the voice seemed friendly enough. "Uh...just tea, I guess." she said, holding the upside down menu in her fingers. She looked around like a criminal looks for the police, hoping to not see her sister. She then turned back to the waitress, Sakura. "Are people always so mean?" she asked meekly, her gray eyes wide, a small pout forming her lips.

OOC: Yup, it's short. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura gave a slight mind-laugh. "What kind of tea? Green, Black, White, Oolong, Chamomile..." She said, recalling a few from memory, but Sakura soon realized that the woman wasn't really interested in buying tea, but was more interested in hiding. But, she decided to let it go. It wasn't her business.
"But, uh, not everyone's like that. It's just that... you don't..." Sakura wasn't sure exactly how to explain it. You're not from around here... so..." Sakura shrugged, trying to put on the fact that she was different.
"We don't get visitors here to often. Most people want to visit the big city's, like Ba Sing Se and Omashu. So, when a new face pop's up, people get curious..." She explained, remembering all the looks she had gotten when she first came to Gaoling.
"Now, is there anything I can get for you?"

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:24 pm

"What kind of tea? Green, Black, White, Oolong, Chamomile..." The woman, Sakura, said. "Oolong.." Matsu mumbled carelessly, not looking at the woman but simply looking out the window sadly.

"But, uh, not everyone's like that. It's just that... you don't..." The woman started, and Matsu knew exactly why. She didn't look like these people; she was just a circus freak. She sniffled and looked up at the waitress as she continued on. "You're not from around here... so..." she trailed off. Matsu nodded.

"We don't get visitors here to often. Most people want to visit the big cities, like Ba Sing Se and Omashu. So, when a new face pop's up, people get curious...Now, is there anything I can get for you?" The waitress asked, obviously wanting to get on with her work. "Um...no. Just...I'll head out then..." she said, looking completely crestfallen. She stood, setting the menu on the table, tried to ignore the stares, and headed for the door, a lump in her throat as she fought tears. She'd never felt so horrible about being different before in her whole life.
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Sakura Nakamura

"Are you sure...?" Sakura asked her, not really wanting the girl to leave. A thought popped into Sakura's head. Maybe it might make the girl feel better.
"Hey... I can't leave now, but after my shift is over, I could perhaps... show you around town...?" Sakura asked, slightly unsure. It might make the girl a little more comfortable, at least. She remembered all the strange looks she got when she first came to Gaoling. But, the people soon warmed up to her.
"If they see you with me, than they'd think you were my cousin or something, and wouldn't really pay to much attention to you." She added, which might make her feel more comfortable too.

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:59 am

Matsu lit up at the suggestion, whirling around automatically and jumping up and down excitedly, successfully ignoring the stares this time. Her first friend in Gaoling! Oh YAY! This girl seemed to be an outsider as well, but Matsu shrugged that off. Outsiders were just regular people to her, since she traveled a lot. An outsider for one place might be an...insider?...in another. "That'd be so wonderful!! I'd love that!" she said with a squeal.

'I have to go right now, though, Mother's expecting me, but perhaps I could meet you at the big fountain near the street market, you know, near that school? In, say...three hours? Four?" Matsu asked with an excited smile.
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:38 am

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura smiled as the girl accepted her request.
"I don't get off my shift for a little while, so I might be a little late." Sakura says, and see's another costumer enter the store that she'd have to attend to.
"And I know exactly what your talking about, I pass by that fountain every day on my way to school." She says, turning her head around, and saw the person take there seat and pick up the menu.
"I've got to go, but I'll be sure to meet you at the fountain." Sakura says, smiling. She goes over to the new costumer to take their order.

Mood: Excited
Condition:Good

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Matsu nodded, then ran out of the tea shop, heading home to do a show and let her Mother know where'd she be for the remainder of the day...

ooOOoo

Leaning against the fountain, Matsu played with her hair, blowing on it with little sighs. She waved to someone walking past, but yet again, they simply glared at her and kept walking. Gee...maybe she should get some Earth Kingdom clothes and wear them while she was here; maybe then people wouldn't look at her with such...horror? Hatred? Disgust? She was tired of waiting, and therefore did a hand-stand on the edge of the fountain, walking about on her hands, grinning. She would continue to do this until Sakura came.
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura had changed her outfit, and had taken her hair out of it's bun, and let it flow down her shoulders. She didn't like having it up in a bun on her head, because it was tight, and it hurt her head.
Sakura stretched her hands out in front of her, and interlocked her fingers before cracking her knuckles. That's how she relaxes.
As she walks down to the fountain, she puts a slight skip into her step. She got some strange looks from people around town, but that was okay. Sakura ignored the glances.
When Sakura reached the fountain, she saw the girl leaning up against it. It was slightly obvious that she was late, and that the girl had been waiting for a while.
"Oh, sorry I'm late! I had to change out of my work clothes..." She said, scratching the back of her head.
"And ah, I don't think I ever got your name..." She asked her, feeling slightly guilty about it.

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:43 pm

There she was! YAY! Matsu smiled, flipping back onto her feet to say hello. Then Sakura asked for her name. "Oh! I'm Matsu!" she said with a big smile. "So, you said you went to school here? Is it, like, regular school, or are you an earthbender or something?" she asked happily. Although she was several years older than the girl, and at least six inches taller, she felt very happy to be around her. Blame that on the immaturity then, she guessed.
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura smiled. "Nice to meet you, Matsu." She smiled, and pushed her hair behind her ear to keep it out of her face.
"So, you said you went to school here? Is it, like, regular school, or are you an earthbender or something?"] Matsu says, and Sakura has to think for a moment on how to answer.
"Well, I'm sort of both. I go by here on my way to school," Sakura explains. "And I'm also an earthbender. My friend Ichirou's father teaches me and my best friend, Haruki." Sakura says, leaning up against the fountain, and looking down at her feet for a moment, and then raises her glance up to Matsu.
"So, what do you want to see first? Gaoling isn't that big of a place, really. Not if you grew up here." Which was a small lie, because Sakura knew she wasn't born here. But, she considers herself to have grown up in Gaoling.

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:04 pm

"Umm...let's see your favorite place in the whole town first!" Matsu said as Sakura asked. She was soooo excited, she began walking on her hands again because of the pent up energy.

OOC: I'm so sorry it's this short! I didn't really have much to post, what with Matsu being new to the town and stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura was a little surprised as Matsu began walking on her hands. It was strange, because Sakura had never seen someone walking on their hands like that before. But she quickly pushed the strange thoughts out of her head, because she knew that Matsu had felt uncomfortable already.
"Hm..." Sakura thought, trying to think of what her favorite place in Gaoling was. She first thought of the Tea Shop, but decided against it, because Matsu had already been there. But, then a good place came into her mind.
"Oh, I know where! Come on!" Sakura went to go grab Matsu's wrist, but then decided against it, with the fact that she was standing on her hands, it probably wouldn't have been the best of idea's.
"It's right around the tea shop, a beautiful little garden, with a big tree. My friend, Haruki, and I, like climbing up in the tree and look at the city. It's a really great view." She said, smiling, remembering the first time Haruki had took her to the spot.

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:18 am

Matsu grinned as she was pulled along, hearing all about a garden with a tall tree. It sounded amazing! She ran after the girl as she was let go of, resisting the urge to blow past her with her bending. They passed the tea shop they had first met in, and Matsu gave it a fond look before almost slamming into the girl as she stopped.

Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Sakura Nakamura

Sakura pulled Matsu along, back the way she had just came. She past the tea shop, and a couple of people, who gave them the 'glance' but Sakura thought nothing of it. She went past the store, and then down one or two more stores before turning right to the little garden.
"The garden is owned by our neighbor, Mr. and Mrs. Li. They don't have any children, and don't care if we go in the garden. Just as long as we don't mess up Mrs. Li's flowers." Sakura explained. She opened up the gate, and darted into the garden.
"Oh, and watch out for bee's." Sakura added at the last second, not wanting Matsu to get stung by accident. "They like Mrs. Li's flowers."

((I just made up Mr. and Mrs. Li off the top of my head. Just some random elderly couple.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop   Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop Empty

Back to top Go down

Matsu's Amazing Trip to the Tea Shop
Page 1 of 1