The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who wouldn't want to look at this view?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xue
Xue

EXP : 450
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character Description
Position: Runaway
Nation: Water Tribes

Who wouldn't want to look at this view? Empty
PostSubject: Who wouldn't want to look at this view?   Who wouldn't want to look at this view? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Xue Jing

Xue had made it.
She had finally made it the the Great Divide, and thought it looked beautiful.
"Wow, this is... awesome..." She said, looking at the great valley from a cliff. Her cat, Zuki was at her feet, and meowed in protest.
" 'Cmon, Zuki. How can you not love this view? You can't see anything but the valley for miles." She explained to the cat, and soon realized that she was talking to a cat.
"Okay, I think we've spent a little bit to much time together..." Xue said again. She was glad to be on her own, but she was also a little... scared. Xue wouldn't admit it to anyone, but she was slightly scared to be on her own. Yes, she didn't enjoy being with her parents, where she got nothing but attention. But, she didn't really like having to find her own path in the world and surviving off 'good old mother nature'. After all, Xue was only seventeen.
"I'm not going back though. I'm not going back to... them." Xue said to herself. She didn't want to take up all the attention, and everything. No, Xue didn't like that.
"So, what do you say we get a guide and cross the valley, huh? Maybe visit Ba Sing Se again? I kinda liked it there..." Xue said, referring to all of the food and money that she was able to swipe from the great city. Xue stood up, and turned her back on the valley, making her way over to where the guides were. Xue might have liked doing things her own way, but she knew that going across the valley on her own was dangerous, and she might end up dead.

Mood: Talking to cats...
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Who wouldn't want to look at this view?   Who wouldn't want to look at this view? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:41 am

Tarek Raiden

The Great Divide lay before Tarek as he meditated near the huts where the valley guides lived. Like all places where very few humans passed through, the Great Divide offered a special kind of serenity. In fact Tarek had planned to take a guide into the valley to meditate for a few days, but the tour guides insisted that their trips were straight through the valley, and that they wouldn't stop except to camp for the night. Tarek contemplated going in alone, and he probably would have if he knew the valley, but he didn't. So Tarek's next best plan became to tag along with another group until the end and then stay behind in the canyon.

Tarek sat and listened, the canyons enhanced the sound of even the smallest rock crumbling down it's steep slopes. He could hear various creatures going about their business in unseen places below. Tarek took a deep breath and his attention suddenly shifted to the sound of approaching footsteps, someone was coming.

Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Who wouldn't want to look at this view?   Who wouldn't want to look at this view? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Xue Jing

Xue nodded to the man, Tarek. "Xue." She said, giving the man her name. She leaned back and looked down at the huts, trying to decide if the guides were going to come up or she had to go down. But then Tarek said that he was going in the next group, so she just decided to hang out here, with him.
And then, he had to bring it up.
Tarek brought up that she was from the water tribe, and asked what she was doing. Xue pulled her black hair behind her ear. Is it that obvious...?" She thinks to herself.
"Well, I've heard about this great canyon, and I wanted to see it for myself, and then take a visit to Ba Sing Se. I wanted to... see the world." She said to the man, not going into much detail.
"Hey, when are the guides getting here?"

Mood: Unsure

Last edited by Xue on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Who wouldn't want to look at this view?   Who wouldn't want to look at this view? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek opened his eyes and turned his head towards the young woman standing beside him. "Sorry," he said with a smile as he reached out to pet the cat that was standing with the woman. "The guides are down there, in those huts," he continued, "my name is Tarek, and
I will probably be joining the group through the valley." Tarek paused for a second and looked curiously at the girl. With a smile he turned back to the valley and said, "the view is a bit different from the sights of the water tribe isn't it? If you don't mind me asking what brings you to these parts alone?" Tarek didn't usually pry, but he knew how tough traveling alone could be, and he found himself strangely concerned for the young girl.

Mood: Intrigued

Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Who wouldn't want to look at this view?   Who wouldn't want to look at this view? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:08 am

Xue Jing

Xue nodded to the man, Tarek, as he explained about the guides, and where they were. He claimed to be possibly coming along on the next expedition across the valley.
"Xue Jing." Xue said, giving the man her name. Xue looked down to her cat, Zuki, who wasn't quite sure what to make of Tarek. If she was a dog, she'd probably be growling. Zuki wasn't the friendliest animal, which is why the two got along so well.
"Oh, I wanted to see the view..." Xue said to Tarek when he asked why she was here alone. There was no way that Xue was going to tell him that she ran away. He seemed like the type to either A) Guilt her into going back home, or B) Take her back home himself.
"My mom and dad are on a... business trip, so they gave me some money and said 'have fun'." Xue lied, hoping that he would ask about her money. She was broke.
"We're going to meet up in Ba Sing Se." Xue sort-of lied. She did plan on going to Ba Sing Se, but wasn't planning on meeting up with her over-obsessive parents.

((Sorry it took so long. I thought I posted, and was waiting for you to post, but when I looked at it again, it seems that my post was deleted or something. Oh well, things happen.))
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Who wouldn't want to look at this view?   Who wouldn't want to look at this view? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Tarek Raiden

“A pleasure to meet you Xue,” said Tarek as he rose to feet, “the guides get so lazy waiting for business, we would probably have to go wake them up,” Tarek chuckled. He could tell that she hadn’t given him the complete story, but he wasn’t going to try and force it out of her. Tarek smiled, “and how has the ‘fun’ been going?” he asked, “The Great Divide is a long ways out from Ba Sing Se, are you still alright?” Tarek spoke with genuine concern as he noticed that Xue was carrying very little supplies for such a long trip.

Mood: Excited

((not a problem, these things happen))
Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Who wouldn't want to look at this view?   Who wouldn't want to look at this view? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Xue Jing

Xue shrugged as Tarek talked about the lazy guides. She thought about it for a moment, and decided that it wouldn't be much fun to walk through this hot canyon every other day for a living.
"How about we give them... five more minutes." She said, being a little sympathetic with them. Xue wasn't really... a morning person. She had always hated it when her mother would wake her up for schooling back at her home.
"I'm fine!" Xue snapped at Tarek. She didn't want his help, and didn't need his help. She had made it this far. And yes, Ba Sing Se was a kind of far away from the Great Divide, but Xue wanted it like that. She didn't want to rush anything. If Xue had wanted things to be rushed, then she would still be living with her obsessive parents back at the South Pole.
"If I needed help, I would have brought someone else along." Xue continued, which was true. If she didn't think she could make it, Xue would have asked her brother to come and see the world as well.
Xue decided that she didn't want this 'Tarek' guy to keep trying to pry into her life. Instead, she made her way down to the guide's tents.
"Hey," Xue shouted, not bothering to open the tent. "Is the next tour group going to be any time soon?"

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Who wouldn't want to look at this view?   Who wouldn't want to look at this view? EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:14 am

Tarek Raiden

“My apologies,” said Tarek, “I did not wish to offend.” Tarek sat down and assumed his meditation position, “I still plan to go into the canyon, mind you.” Tarek closed his eyes and took a deep breath and heard Xue head for the guides. Tarek knew he had been too curious again, but he couldn't help it. He smiled, "at least she knows how to stand up for herself," he thought to himself.

Tarek heard Xue shout and ask about the next trip. Tarek then started packing his bags and proceeded to make his way to the earth guide's tents whistling a familiar Earth Kingdom tune.

Mood: Ready

Back to top Go down
Xue
Xue

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Who wouldn't want to look at this view?   Who wouldn't want to look at this view? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Xue Jing

Xue heard the guides mumble something within the tent, which she took as 'I'll be out soon', whether or not that's what they really said or not. Xue rubbed sleep out of her face, trying to at least make it look like she didn't sleep in a tree. Not that tree's aren't comfortable.
"Wait... you're bringing a tent...? Were we supposed to?" Xue said, feeling very unprepared. She hadn't brought anything to eat, really, and hadn't brought anything to sleep on. Xue had thought that they were provided. But, she tried to not show her worry. She didn't want anyone to think she needed help.
"Nevermind." Xue said to Tarek, hopeful that he wouldn't offer that she used his tent. Becuase that would be weird, and she wouldn't like that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wouldn't want to look at this view?   Who wouldn't want to look at this view? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who wouldn't want to look at this view?
Page 1 of 1