The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dancing Shadows

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Hakota-Zai

Zephyrs blew softly through the many trees among Kyoshi's flora, bending and swaying the boughs and branches. The nearby ocean reflected the open sky to form a seamless horizon. But the beauty of the sights were skewed in the eternal presence of violence that humans caused. In this case it was the trails of smoke that rose out from above the forest canopy, sweeping with the winds. Kyoshi island wasn't excessively large, but the mountains hid the sight from the warrior-filled village. But prying eyes upon the same side of the island could see the smoke from every angle.

Hakota found himself in one of these angles. It was only a day ago he'd set foot on land from the Southern Water Tribe convoy that passed by on the way to their sister tribe in the North. He had planned on stopping by home for the first time in ages. Of course his first day back lead to some curiosity getting in the way. He dropped his brisk pace for a sprint, running off in the direction of the smoke.

En route to the occurrence, Zai wondered what could possibly happen on the island that trained some of the most elite Kingdom warriors in the land. The only answers were bad, and upon arriving, the half-blind mercenary laid his gaze upon the remains of a brief and bloody battle. Bodies of Kyoshi Elites -among the few who were skilled enough to defend the warriors in training on the island- lay scorched and strewn about a road. The remains of a convoy once filled with weapons were burned and scattered about the sight.

Most would likely be shocked by the carnage that the mercenary beheld with his singular blue eye. But he was a man of war, and merely gritted his teeth as he entered the devastation. It all surprised him greatly, these markings were not that of firebending. In fact, he noticed as he knelt down to examine one of the corpses that some of the lightest wounds were similar to those caused by lightning. How curious, considering the rest had no resemblance what-so-ever.

Hakota stood, his brow furrowed. Something was terribly amiss. He didn't like it one bit. It was all very intriguing, however. He looked forward to finding out what-- wait, a sound from nearby. Somebody else approached, but it was too late for Zai to hid. He turned to face whoever it was that came near. Was it the one(s) who caused this? Hopefully it was merely another bystander like he.

Mood:Intrigued.
Condition:Fit and Well.

Back to top Go down
Miyuki
Miyuki

EXP : 2390
Birthday : 1996-07-20

Character Description
Nation:

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 pm

It had been quite a while since she had come back here. She had stayed away since she 'died'. But, just as a killer returns to the crime seine, she just had to. She walked directly to the site of the brief but bloody war, not talking to anyone.

Miyuki started to run to it, not wanting to see, but feeling as if she had to. She suddenly stopped, seeing a man, cute one at that, mourning over the corpses as well. Maybe he knew some of them. Wait he's kneeling and reaching down... was he stealing from them? Miyu sprung into action. He noticed her as she came up, but didn't react.

She spun the man around. "Listen you low life, you-" She realized who he was. She had seen him around before she died. "Zai? Sorry, I thought you were doing something... else." She remembered him. He was that boy from training. "Wow, you got so tall! And hot!" She grinned at him.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 3:47 am

Tarek Raiden

OOC: Hope you guys don't mind if I join in

IC: Tarek stood on the crest of a hill which overlooked the devastation below. Tarek had come to the island to learn more about its creation by Avatar Kyoshi so many years before, but he hardly expected to find this. "Pointless waste of life," he thought to himself as he surveyed the terrible sight before him. He knew that the legendary Kyoshi warriors wouldn't have gone down without a fight and that whoever done this must have been very powerful, or very cunning to take out so many.

Tarek's eyes caught movement in the distance, a man running towards the gruesome scene to investigate. The man stooped down to inspect one of the corpses when Tarek noticed a second figure come into view. The two figures met, and it looked to Tarek like they knew each other. "Interesting," he thought to himself, he wanted to find out what had happened, but wasn't sure if revealing himself was the best idea. He was after all from the Fire Nation, and people tend to be extra suspicious of firebenders when war is involved.

Tarek took a deep breath and started walking towards the the two people amidst the carnage, "better they know about me now, then we accidentally run into each other later," he thought as he quickened his pace. He hoped that it wouldn't come to a fight, but Tarek mentally prepared himself for one anyway.

Mood: Alarmed
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Hakota-Zai

"Listen you lowlife, you-," a woman said as she spun Hakota around to face her. He was about to protest to her suggested allegations when the two noticed eachother. It took him a moment longer, given there were many women who had been in the training he had, but only one man who always hid much of his face. But she even knew him by name, Zai looked her up and down a moment before recognizing her.

"Mi-...Miyu? Little Miyu, is that you?" He remembered her well now. They had even been sparring partners given they were both exceptional swordsman, nor did he bend well enough to spar that way, but he clearly recalled her now, as well as the fun he'd poked at her for her uncurved form. He saw that clearly wasn't the case anymore. "I-I thought you died in the Kyoshi Legion...." He mulled over this fact for a moment, but then she commented on his looks.

He laughed lightly, pulling her into a quick hug. "Heh. Thanks, but I've still got the old scar to take away any handsome I've got," he said, looking her over again. "I see you've grown some curves since training," he chided with a grin, patting her on the shoulder.

Then another approached, someone heavier set than the petite Miyuki. Zai turned to look at whom it might be, finding himself looking upon a tall, athletic-built man in light metal armor that covered his chest and shoulder. The spear caught most of Zai's attention, but Hakota was an experienced mercenary and the man's posture had no ill intent. But still never unwise to be cautious. Though his reunion with Miyuki would have to be delayed for the moment.

"Hail!" Zai called out, with a clear, demanding tone that he gave as much a sense of authority as he could manage. Which still wasn't a grand amount. "Make yourself be known, sir, lest you make enemies with us." Despite being similar to a threat, it was delivered as more of a request than aught else. Zai looked to Miyuki again, wondering if this man had traveled with her or not. Then his one-eyed gaze rest back on the carnage around. All the bodies were Kiyoshi, and not a single one was otherwise. Whatever hit this convoy hit it hard, and Zai didn't want to make enemies with whatever/whoever it was. For all he knew, this man was responsible, but he'd have to wait and see.

Mood:Cautious, glad to meet an old acquaintance.

Back to top Go down
Miyuki
Miyuki

Character Description
Nation:

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:51 pm

"Mi-...Miyu? Little Miyu, is that you?" “I-I thought you died in the Kyoshi Legion...."

Miyuki smiled, he remembered. She wasn’t concerned that he knew her real name; he had the clearance for that sort of thing. “In the flesh! And don't think I'd die that easy!” Normally, she’d be mad someone called her little, but Zai was about foot taller than her, plus, she’s endured his constant teasing about her curves. He pulled her into a hug, which she returned. He said something about his scar. “That scar only makes your face look cooler!” She meant that. The scar made him look more… intimidating. He commented on her curves. “Yeah, I am pretty hot now, aren’t I?” She said, chuckling.

“By the way, my sword got an upgrade, maybe we should spar again sometime!” She said. She drew her sword. It was only about a foot shorter than Zai, and as wide as Miyuki. The guard was circle shaped, with maze-like patterns circling around it. It looked as if it weighed more than both Miyuki and Zai combined, but she held it like Zai would one of his swords. “I’d like see if you’ve gotten better, because I have.” She smiled. It wasn’t a threat, just a friendly challenge.

Miyuki saw Zai staring into another detection, and turned as well. A man. He was fire nation, but didn’t seem to come to fight. If he did, however, he’d be in for more than her bargained for.

Zai called out to him. "Hail!" Zai called out, with a clear, demanding tone. "Make yourself be known, sir, lest you make enemies with us." Zai turned to her, likely to see if she brought him. She just shrugged and waited for the man to reply.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:11 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek was now a stone throw’s away from to the two figures he saw from the hillside. He could now clearly see them. The first was a man, tall and clad in gear which reminded Tarek of the gear used by the Kyoshi warriors. Tarek could see that the man was experienced, a mercenary or a soldier perhaps. The other was clearly a young woman, she was very small and quite attractive, Tarek found himself wondering what had brought her to a place like this.

Suddenly the woman pulled out a massive sword which looked impossible to wield. Alarmed, Tarek grasped his spear with both hands, but quickly saw that she had just pulled it out to show to her friend. Tarek had just dropped out of his defensive stance when the man noticed him and turned to face him.

"Hail! Make yourself be known, sir, lest you make enemies with us." The man called out.

Tarek raised his left hand and responded, “Greetings, my name is Tarek, and I am no threat to you or any who dwell on this island.” Tarek then spun his spear around and stuck it into the ground at his feet. “But by the Avatar, whoever committed this atrocity,” he continued as he walked towards them, “will answer for it.” Tarek, who was now only a few steps away from the two strangers, gave them a respectful bow, “though it was not my reason for coming here, I will offer what help I can, if you plan to investigate this matter further.”

Mood: Cautious

Last edited by Tarek Raiden on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar correction)
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Hakota-Zai

Zai had been surprised by Miyu's wielding of the blade twice her size, not to mention he confidence in herself, much different from the more timid and self-conscious girl he knew. He knew she was quite the adept metalbender back in the day, but she must have gotten alot better. Though the concept of having to spar with his sword sent shivers down his spine, he hadn't time to indulge in their reunion with the present situation about, though.

Fortunately, the man presented himself and made it clear he wasn't a threat, even planting his weapon into the ground to show his lack of ill intentions. Zai was thankful a fight was not to erupt so soon. “But by the Avatar, whoever committed this atrocity,” the man spoke as he closed the distance between them, “will answer for it.”

Most would likely be cautious of the warrior's proximity, but Zai held his eternally indifferent posture and looked back over the battlefield --though it had seemed to be more of a slaughter than aught else.

"First, we'd have to discover who, or what caused this... I've never seen wounds nor remains like these. I cannot imagine what manner of man or creature could do such devastation and leave no bodies but Kyoshi behind." Zai mulled it all over in his mind. Who would strike the heart of Kyoshi training, not to mention a caravan of fans, blades and armor. Bandits? Unlikely, since bandits dared not to step foot on a land where all upon it were likely warriors.

Then what, or who? He pondered this, formulating what he could of all the possibilities.

Mood:Inquisitive.

Back to top Go down
Miyuki
Miyuki

Character Description
Nation:

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:32 pm

“But by the Avatar, whoever committed this atrocity,will answer for it.” So, the man seemed to be here to help us. Miyuki nodded to him.

"First, we'd have to discover who, or what caused this... I've never seen wounds nor remains like these. I cannot imagine what manner of man or creature could do such devastation and leave no bodies but Kyoshi behind." Zai said.

Miyuki started to look for something, anything that could be helpful. She saw a few familiar faces. She needed to find Asuka. She hoped she was alive, but if she wasn't then she'd pull something off to tip her off, a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:20 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek was now in the middle of the massacre sight, he could see the bodies around him in vivid detail. The corpses, clad in green and adorned painted faces, lay in awkward, random positions. There were burned carts with missing wheels and Kyoshi weapons scattered everywhere. Tarek had a feeling this was no robbery, and if it had been a random pirate or mercenary raid, the bodies on the floor would most certainly not have been Kyoshi. Tarek was snapped out of his thoughts as the man spoke.

"First, we'd have to discover who, or what caused this... I've never seen wounds nor remains like these. I cannot imagine what manner of man or creature could do such devastation and leave no bodies but Kyoshi behind."

Tarek nodded as the man spoke, these thoughts also lay heavy on his mind. Tarek weighed the odds in his mind and tried to picture what happened during the massacre. The young woman then started investigating the bodies. Tarek realizing that this was the best thing to at present knelt down beside a nearby Kyoshi corpse.

The dead Kyoshi warrior was lying on her back. Her hair wasn’t tied and moved ever so slightly as the cool breeze passed over her face. Her make-up was smudged and her face was contorted with pain. Tarek hung his head and quietly whispered, “May you and your kin find peace.” Tarek kept his eyes closed for a moment and then slowly began opening them. That’s when he then noticed the fatal wound on her chest. Tarek had idea of what it was, but he dreaded to think of it. He knew all too well about lightning, he himself had mastered the art, and the wound on this Kyoshi warrior looked eerily similar to that of lightning scorching. Tarek couldn’t be sure however, many things he had seen in his lifetime could not be explained and in this case he hoped that it would also just prove to be a strange and random coincidence. Nevertheless, he knew he had to mention it to the two strangers.

“What do you make of this?” he called out as he gestured at the smouldering wound on the dead warrior's chest

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Hakota-Zai

Hakota-Zai observed as the others examined the bodies as well, leaning down to look closely at old friends and acquaintances he once knew. Some he'd even grown to like, as they had stood out as kind in the crowds of Kyoshi girls who mostly just poked fun at the only male Kyoshi trainee of that generation. Yet not for his gender, of that he'd not have cared; it was his scar that they used for fueling their insults. They did not, however, deserve to die like this. Not a one of them.

His thoughts were disturbed as Tarek made his discovery known, asking what he and Miyuki made of the wound. Zai knew he thought it similar to lightning, as he had come to the same conclusion, but something was off about the wound. A detail most wouldn't make note of unless they'd seen those struck by lightning benders, or been struck themselves like Hakota had.

Hakota kneeled beside his fallen would-be-comrade, and pointed to the wound. "In normal cases, I'd say this looked to be a lightning wound, but," he said, trailing off and moving his hand to regard the warrior's feet. "Lightning has an entry and an exit wound, the exit often found at the feet, which I see none. So unless she was struck while she was down..." He whispered words to beg forgiveness as he turned the warrior over, revealing her unwounded back. Hakota mused to himself a moment,
how strange.

He looked over to Miyuki, now. "Tell me, Miyu... Might you have come across anything like this in your time under General Yu?" It was obvious to Zai Miyuki was a Shadow; few else had a false death in the Kyoshi Legion, and he knew she was quite an exemplar warrior. Though he knew it was taboo to mention the Shadows in company of those not within it. He himself had been offered such a position, though he refused stalwartly.

The wounds were still strange, though. They held the burns patterns and damage of lightning, but did not hold that exit wound familiar to bending of electricity, and Zai doubted that each and every warrior had been mid-air when assailed, and the signs of struggle intimated they had not all died at once, but some battle had taken place.

Mood:Analytical.

Back to top Go down
Miyuki
Miyuki

Character Description
Nation:

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:54 pm

"Tell me, Miyu... Might you have come across anything like this in your time under General Yu?" Zai asked. Miyuki tensed a bit. Zai knew he wasn't supposed to say anything, but he did, and what's done is done.

"I can't say I have.." Miyuki said, lost in thought a bit. If Asuka was here, it would have been better. "Maybe, it was like a chain lightning? Or maybe a weapon, or maybe something to amp up there lightning, like our new friend here. Tell me, can you power up your bolts with that...Trident?" When she found Asuka, all would be answered. She was the most paranoid back in training, she always wore rubber even going home. It was very skintight... Miyuki shook her head, trying not to think about it as she searched.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 6:40 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek nodded as the man as he revealed the lack of an exit wound, Tarek had never used his lightning directly against someone else, or seen anyone struck by it. He was quite impressed at the man’s knowledge. The man then turned to his friend,
"Tell me, Miyu... Might you have come across anything like this in your time under General Yu?"
Tarek could tell in Miyu’s reaction that it was not a subject she was intent on discussing further. He was curious, but quickly moved his thoughts to more relevant matters.

"Maybe, it was like a chain lightning? Or maybe a weapon, or maybe something to amp up there lightning, like our new friend here. Tell me, can you power up your bolts with that...Trident?" Miyuki asked.

Tarek looked back at his spear, still standing where he had planted it. “My spear is completely made of metal, I can direct lightning through it, but I have not known it to make my blasts more powerful,” he said as he rose to feet, “and I have certainly not found a way to store the lightning in the spear itself, firebenders do not actually ‘bend’ the lightning in the usual sense, we merely guide the energy through our bodies. It is very difficult to control.” Tarek couldn’t think of anything else that could have done this, “maybe something else on this island will give us clue,” he thought to himself .

Mood: Ready

Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Hakota-Zai

None of it added up, which Zai found strange given his usually intelligent ability to decipher such situations-- especially those pertinent to war or combat knowledge. Yet here he stood, with a queer case before him that only caused him to be more perplexed the more he thought on it. Chain lightning? Not an impossible concept, but as Tarek soon confirmed was terribly improbable. A new weapon was most likely, but there wasn't much trace of something that could cause such devastation. He thought for a moment more, tapping his chin.

The convoy had been carrying weapons from the island's forges to the town of Kyoshi. So there were only two plausible destinations since this seemed too militant and tactical to be bandits, much less the fact that bandits had long since been purged of the island. These two were the town itself and the island forge, given the former would be suicide there was one mere choice left. At least Zai believed so.

"We've learned all we can here. Whoever caused this would leave no survivors. Far too keen for that, given. I say we follow the Kyoshi's footsteps back to the forges here on the island. See if we can't either track these fiends or catch hints of them." While it wasn't Zai's style to take the initiative, it seemed to happen fairly often. But it would have been nice to fair a peaceful stay in his first time home in years.

Zai looked to Miyuki. He could only guess she, too, had expected otherwise from this. He inwardly felt guilty that she'd have to suffer a less pleasant return after serving the Shadows. "It seems our reunion is doomed to wait until later, Little Miyu. Seems we have a new mission. Our employers are curiosity, though. And concern."

His half-gaze fell upon Tarek once more. "I assume you're in, given you want as much as we might for these people to pay-- whom so ever they may be." And with such, he began for the forges opposite to the island's town. If they were to find any clarity for this situation, it'd either be there, or en route to.

Mood:Curious.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dancing Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing Shadows   Dancing Shadows Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancing Shadows
Page 1 of 1