The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saitou
Saitou

EXP : 5875
Birthday : 1994-01-22

Character Description
Position: Escaped Slave
Nation: Fire Nation

What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) Empty
PostSubject: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Mako looked down at the dragon he held in his arms. This was madness, what was he going to do with a dragon? How would he care for it? How does one take care of a dragon? He frowned as the small golden eyes gazed into his, "What am I going to call you, little one?" It merely blinked in response.

Mako closed his eyes and sighed exhasperatedly, "I suppose you know what I should do.", he said, "I just wish you could tell me." Another moment of silence, and then the dragon began to squirm, and screech in protest, a loud rumbling could be heard from it's small stomach. "Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm hungry too, but until we get you somewhere safe and far away from the city we can't stop to eat. I promise I'll get you something good if you sit still."

It responded to this, suddenly settling into place, turning it's head to look ahead of them. "Maybe Arctic Hen...", he muttered.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord

What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Tarek Raiden

A cool wind blew against Tarek’s face as he sat leaning against a massive boulder jutting out of the ground. He had been walking all day and jumped at the chance to rest in the boulder’s shade. His eyes were shut and his spear was lodged in the ground alongside him. He let out a deep sigh as he wondered in which town he was going spend the night.

He was pulled from his thoughts as he heard a voice coming from behind the boulder. He quietly stood up, grabbed his spear, and moved around the boulder to get a better look. What he saw astonished him, a young man with a brownish-red creature in his arms, “Is that…a Dragon?” Tarek thought to himself. He had seen many pictures of Dragons before, but he wasn't sure if any still existed.

Tarek slowly moved out of cover and stood in the open, making sure to leave his spear behind, “Hello there,” he called out walking towards the man very slowly and with his hands in a non-threatening position. He was extremely curious about this dragon, not to mention pleased that they had not died out. He hoped that he could get a closer look.

Mood: Focused
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:02 pm

Mako had been whispering to the dragon, quite enthralled that it understood him. It's golden eyes never left his face, and it was clear that it's mind absorbed, analyzed, and comprehended everything he said. "You see, that man who was going to take your egg before you hatched was an enemy to the Fire Nation, he probably wanted to use you for something evil...not that Kako was much better." The dragon's eyes betrayed it's feelings toward the Spymaster, but Mako shook his head, "Revenge is not the answer."

It attempted to look upset, but only succeeded in realizing Mako was right. It was at this point that a man appeared, a man who, like Kako, looked worn, and was a firebender, but radiated curiousity rather than pride. Nonetheless, Mako was cautious, taking several steps back as Tarek approached, "Hello.", no pleasantries here, "My name is Mako Irion, and this dragon is mine. Explain yourself."

He was not demanding, but he certainly didn't look ready to trust another Firebender, not after what he knew Kako had done to this young dragon's mother.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek stopped walking as the man spoke, he couldn’t blame him for being cautious, Tarek probably would have acted the same. “Tarek, Tarek Raiden,” he replied in greeting presenting Mako with a small, respectful bow, “I mean you and your…friend there no harm, I just overheard you speaking.” Tarek looked at the creature for a moment before continuing, “I am just an explorer and lore seeker and owe my allegiance to no nation or man.” Tarek gestured towards the little dragon, “You should be careful, a mother dragon does not simply abandon her children,” he said with a calm voice.

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Mako's voice was cold, and direct, "This poor creature's mother is dead, killed by the hand of a man I was aiding in the attempted capture of a Fire Nation fugitive and traitor.", he said. "I am this dragon's guardian, and as such I will tell you now that you may come closer, but if I sense even the slightest provokation I will not hesitate to defend what is mine."

Mako turned slightly, angling the dragon's face toward you. "If you really are just a lore seeker, I am sure you won't take issue with allowing the dragon to inspect you first." He wasn't absolutely sure if the dragon cared who was near it, he was sure it didn't like Kako, but what about new people?
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek was surprised at Mako’s answer, “Dead?” he thought to himself for moment feeling genuine sadness, he would have given anything to have spoken to or even seen one of the ‘Great Firebenders of Old’ as some people called them. Tarek didn’t know anything about the two men that Mako mentioned, and thought it best not to ask about either of them for now.

"I am this dragon's guardian, and as such I will tell you now that you may come closer, but if I sense even the slightest provocation I will not hesitate to defend what is mine. If you really are just a lore seeker, I am sure you won't take issue with allowing the dragon to inspect you first."

Tarek gave a nod to Mako indicating that he understood and would cooperate. Tarek started walking towards them, looking the baby dragon right in the eye with an inquisitive stare rather than with an intimidating one.

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Mako stood still, and wary, one false move, and he would strike, no hesitation, no mercy. The dragon returned the stare, it's eyes wide with a curiousity that could only be described as childlike. It didn't seem to mind Tarek's approach, quite the contrary, it welcomed a new face.

Mako watched the young dragon, his gaze drifting between Tarek and it. It needed a name, he was more than just a beast afterall.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek looked at the dragon in wonder, he knew a lot about them from ancient texts and other sources, but he thought they were all killed off. Tarek broke off his stare and looked up at Mako, who he could tell was very wary of his presence. Tarek slowly lifted his hands to show that he meant no harm to the baby dragon and using his index and middle fingers, he started gently rubbing the dragon’s head.

“Where did you find this this little guy?” Tarek asked looking up at Mako, “and what do you plan on doing with him? There are many people around who would try to kill him on sight or try to sell him to the circus or to a collector if he is seen.” Tarek continued wondering if Mako had some sort of a plan.

Last edited by Tarek Raiden on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Mako looked down at the dragon for a moment, thoughtfully examining the small body, imagining what it might look like full grown. "I intend to give him to Firelord Shula...after I've taught him what I can...his mother...I think he felt whatever happened, knows what happened. Before she recieves him, he must know revenge is never the answer."

His eyes strayed from the dragon to Tarek, "I suppose that asking you is appropriate...", he said, "Where do you think I should send the dragon?", he almost added Lore Seeker, but decided not to label this man too quickly.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 8:21 am

Tarek Raiden

Dragons were not like other beasts or creatures. Tarek knew that they were very intelligent, even capable of telepathic communication with humans. He didn’t know, however, if one this young was capable of communicating or even understanding humans. The little dragon looked up at Tarek with intelligent, curious eyes and he just got the feeling that it could.

Tarek looked at the dragon thoughtfully before answering Mako’s question, “if the dragon wasn’t safe with its mother hiding and protecting it, nowhere will really be safe for it,” Tarek looked up at Mako before continuing, “you mentioned Fire Lord Shula…I don’t know her but if anyone could organize the protection and care of this dragon it would be her.” Tarek lowered his head, “I can’t be sure if she will try to kill or save it, or even care enough to grant an audience, but it’s about the only real chance the dragon has.” Tarek looked up at the sky, “Just know that whatever your decision is, you will have to act quickly. The longer the dragon is exposed like this, the more dangerous it will become for you and for him, also remember that baby dragons start growing very rapidly and soon it will become very difficult to hide and feed.”

Tarek couldn’t help but wonder who would try something like this as he looked back at the dragon. Suddenly images of the man he met in Ba Sing Se popped into his mind, “Wait,” he said to Mako, as he ran back to his pack by the rock and pulled a piece of a mask out. It was the mask of the chi-blocker he fought in Ba Sing Se. “Here,” he said holding the piece of the mask up for Mako to see, “was the man who was after the dragon wearing a mask like this one?” he asked remembering the strange experiments the masked man was performing.

Mood: Thoughtful

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Mako was silent, surely the Firelord wouldn't hurt a dragon. He'd never met her, but he would hope she had respect to the original firebenders of this world. He didn't know what to say, what could he say? I hope the Firelord isn't as violent as you think she might be. No, he had no response to his given possibility. He would have to be fast if she did attempt to kill the dragon, but he knew fleeing would earn him the title of traitor, something he did not want.

Once the man had moved away, Mak could see the dragon's gaze following him, at least the dragon didn't seem too worried. When he returned, holding the mask, he looked from the mask to the man. He nodded his head, "Yes, his name is Kai...apparently he was seeking to capture an egg...for what, I don't know."
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Tarek Raiden

“I found this man in Ba Sing Se, doing strange experiments on corpses, we fought, but he managed to escape although I injured him and got this,”
he said holding up the mask fragment, “but I also documented everything I found in there, and I found a lot.” Tarek pensively looked at the dragon, then at the mask in his hand and finally back at Mako, “this is important, if the Fire Nation is already looking for him. I have to give this information to the Fire Lord; she needs to know what he was doing, both in The Sun Warrior City and in Ba Sing Se.” Tarek offered a hand out to Mako, “I offer to join you if you decide to head to the Capital; I swear that no harm will come to this dragon so long as I am able to defend it.” He was sincere as he said this, although the information was important, the Dragon’s safety was still first and foremost on Tarek’s mind. Tarek knew that Mako would protect the Dragon, but now they both had a common goal in the Capital and so Tarek offered his help freely.

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Mako listened to Tarek without much reaction, it didn't surprise him that the Loreseeker wished to travel with a man who has a dragon. It also didn't bother him in the slightest. He finally smiled, and took Tarek's hand, shaking it. "I believe you.", and he meant it. "If you intend to travel with us though, there is one thing I'll need help with, and that's finding him something to eat, and perhaps a name as well."
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek was pleased that Mako accepted his offer and gave him a small nod as he spoke.

"If you intend to travel with us though, there is one thing I'll need help with, and that's finding him something to eat, and perhaps a name as well."

Tarek paused for a moment, “Well the nearby town will have some meat, but we shouldn’t risk bringing the dragon into the town, so I can go in to the town while you stay with the dragon? We could also try hunting, but it’s your call. As for the name, I’m really not that good with that type of thing but how about ‘Kichiro’? It means ‘Lucky Son’.”

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Mako smiled, "I wouldn't think of bringing a dragon into any town. People are afraid of them, like they'll just snap and attack everyone." He nodded, "I like that idea, I'll keep him busy...Kichiro sounds good too." Was it just him or did naming a creature of such intelligence seem unfair. He shook the feeling off, not much can change that, he has to have a name regardless.

"So, the Fire Nation Capital?", he asked.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:51 pm

Tarek Raiden

“Yes, we should head for the Capital,”
Tarek said pointing down the road, “you can start heading, off I’ll quickly head into the nearby town and buy some food. I’ll catch up you in a couple of minutes.” Tarek turned and made for the town, his mind still filled with curiosity concerning the dragon.

Tarek walked out of town carrying a large brown sack, he quickened his pace and soon caught up with Mako and Kichiro. “I figured he might eat kimodo-chicken,” He said holding the bag up as he stopped in front of Mako. He was interrupted, however, and got a strange feeling someone was watching them, he turned to see a large group of men approaching them on the road. Tarek squinted into the distance to get a closer look. His eyes widened as he made out their mercenary uniforms. He turned to Mako with a serious expression on his face, “Mercenaries, I don’t think they are looking for you or the dragon at all…but if they spot Kichiro, all they are going to see is a pile of gold. They have already spotted us, if we go off the road to hide they will get suspicious and investigate” Tarek handed him the sack of kimodo-chicken, “Go to the Capital and speak with the Fire Lord, maybe I will meet up with you there, but just you worry about keeping him safe.”

He turned to face the quickly approaching mercenaries, “I am going to try to distract them, or stall them if I can, get a good head start, we cannot risk anyone harming the dragon.”

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)   What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital) Empty

Back to top Go down

What to do with a dragon? (Between Sun City Ruins and the Fire Nation Capital)
Page 1 of 1