The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Escape For The Restless

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

EXP : 4645
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

Escape For The Restless Empty
PostSubject: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Shula Njoo

Here she was. In Shu Jing, located on a cliff of the mountainous Fire Nation. It was tucked away, hidden deep in the recesses of the untraveled mountains. and news didn't travel fast here. Many weren't aware of what happened outside of their little bubble that was the small village. Even so, Shula was dressed oddly, fully disguised to look rather different from her usual appearance.

For one thing, her hair was up in a high ponytail, her bangs pulled back to reveal the hairline scar she had. Not many knew she had it; for another thing, her hair wasn't black. It was almost blonde. Luckily, she was so pale that the look didn't really make her look that strange. Her finely manicured hands were hidden with black gloves, and her body itself was covered in a blacksilk cloak lined in red velvet with the hood pulled up over her face. Underneath, she wore simple traveler's garb, black in color with sturdy boots. Her many hissatsu were with her as usual, but she had been forced to leave her katana and wakizashi; the same had been required of her fans. No one could recognize her. Instead, she was armed with hissatsu, a sansetsukon, and poisoned darts.

It had been exactly one year since Novai had taken her throne; it had been one year since she'd been outside. She couldn't stop breathing the air in; if she had to go back underground soon, she was going to have to memorize the smell of fresh air instead of the filtered crap she had to breathe under the Fire Nation Capitol.

Shu attracted a small bit of attention from the crowds; strangers were hardly welcome, especially ones who came so strangely dressed. Shula ducked inside of a tea shop eventually, wanting something to drink. She ordered something simple, speaking with a raspy voice so as to hide her identity further. The tea was brought quickly and she sipped it, slouching; her back hurt from the effort of keeping her regal manners hidden.

She knew it was hardly smart to be traveling in the Fire Nation with Novai having a bounty on her head. But if she hadn't left The Underground, if only for a day or two, she probably would've hung herself. She couldn't handle being trapped like that. She mulled over what her next move was going to be--she could go to the Earth Kingdom. Or perhaps stay in Shu Jing for a few days and then return to The Underground. She was quiet as she sipped her tea, thinking this over; the waitress came by now and then to give her refills.

Mood: Fine
Condition: Wonderful

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:34 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek took a deep breath as he got a whiff of the fragrant aroma of his tea. He loved the peaceful, calm atmosphere of Shu Jing, it was part of the reason he had come here. He took a sip and leaned back. Events of late were not looking to good, and while most of the people in Shu Jing were oblivious to what was happening outside, Tarek knew full well. Novai had made a power grab on the throne, and sent the young Fire Lord into exile. He hadn’t seen Novai or the Fire Lord, but he knew enough about them. Novai actually send soldiers to recruit Tarek into the army. After all, Tarek’s father served the previous Fire Lord, not to mention Tarek was a master firebender, with in-depth knowledge of the other Nations. He easily evaded the soldiers, and decided to travel to Shu Jing for a while to catch up on some work, and get away from the chaos that was sweeping across the world. Tarek had no love for Novai or his insane militarization of the Fire Nation, he was a patriot and loyal to the true Fire Lord.

The hardest thing about this was leaving Sanaki for a while, but she understood what he had to do and that he had to get away for a while. Tarek’s thoughts were interrupted as a young woman walked into the tea shop. She was strangely dressed and although Tarek did not recognize her at all. He had come to know over the years when someone was hiding, and she was definitely hiding something.

She sat at a table, adjacent to Tarek, with her back towards him. He looked at her curiously as he sipped his tea, he felt a little sorry for her. Being alone and in hiding was difficult for anyone, and he decided to talk with her a little bit. He never had a problem speaking to strangers, and enjoyed company wherever he could find it.

He sat across from her without really asking, hoping that she wouldn’t mind. He wouldn’t have looked very threatening. He had his spear fastened his back, but no other weapons and all he was wearing was his dark red, travelling clothes and boots. “The tea tastes great with a little honey,” he said in a kind voice as he slid over a small jar of honey that he brought over from his table. “My name is Tarek Raiden,” he said politely and with a smile, he didn’t expect her to give her name back, but decided to give his anyway.

“A little advice…” he whispered as he leaned forward “…you are doing a great job at hiding your identity, but not such a great job at not drawing attention to yourself. Lose the hood and relax a little more…you will be surprised how well you can hide by just acting naturally, and how ignorant people can be when you are below notice.”

Tarek said this in a very sincere voice. It wasn’t a threat or a command, just simple advice. Of course he didn’t know who the woman in front of him really was. He had discovered long ago not to pry too much into the affairs of strangers who obviously wanted to keep such affairs hidden. Which is why Tarek avoided the typical ‘Who are you?’ or ‘Are you in trouble?’ questions. Those types of things would come out naturally, and only if the person chose to reveal them, and so Tarek wasn’t bothered with them at the moment. Although he was curious, as anyone would be, he simply sat back and sipped at his tea.

Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:29 am

Shula Njoo

Shula was fidgeting with her gloves as someone came and sat down at her table. She immediately stopped and stiffened, looking at them with wide eyes before remembering her training; her facial expression went from fear to blank in a matter of seconds. She doubted if he noticed the change.

"The tea tastes great with a little honey,” he said kindly, sliding a jar of honey over to her. She didn't dare touch it; poison was the first thing that came to her mind. "My name is Tarek Raiden," he continued, and she nodded in acknowledgement, not really making eye contact although she continued watching him from the corner of her eye.

Then he leaned forward and began whispering. This is it, she thought. He's going to say he knows who I am and that Novai is on his way."A little advice...you're doing a great job at hiding your identity, but not such a great job at not drawing attention to yourself. Lose the hood, and relax a bit more. You'll be surprised at how well you can hide just by acting naturally, and how ignorant people can be when you are below notice."

She breathed a sigh of relief. This Tarek person seemed to have no clue as to who she was, and she actually took his advice and lowered her hood carefully. She flicked her shorter, lighter locks, tied back in a ponytail behind her head, with distaste. She then realized that he was still there and worked to lower her head a little, as it had been held high previously and she didn't want to look anything near Royal at the moment.

"Thank you," she breathed, but decidedly not saying anything else. He'd given his name though...."I'm Lena," eventually escaped her mouth. She didn't think there was any way that the name Lena could connect her to the Palace, and thought it was appropriate.

Mood: Fine

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:19 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek carefully watched the young woman before him. She was obviously cautious, which was a good thing, especially if she was in hiding or on the run. He noticed she was cautious of the honey and so he took a spoonful of it and stirred it into his tea. He gave a little smile as she slid off the hood and seemed to relax a little more. “That’s better, you’ll find that you blend in much better this way…” he said in a calm voice.

“Lena huh?” He said curiously, he knew that probably wasn’t her real name but he would just go along with it anyway. “Don’t worry Lena, I mean you no harm, and you are smart to be cautious…” he said as he sipped his tea “…I just noticed you is all…and I figured that we’re in similar situations,” he continued. “Ever since that weasel-snake Novai stole the throne and started his insane warmongering, I’ve had to keep a low profile. It’s part of the reason I am here in Shu Jing…everyone here exists in their own little bubble and the outside world doesn’t affect them much.”

He grinned and finished up his tea. “I have had some practice with this sort of thing.” He said as he gestured for more tea. He sat back and smiled, already noticing a few things about her. The most interesting was the fact that he felt a lot of energy emanating from her; she was a powerful firebender from what he could tell, and he was hardly ever wrong about this sort of thing. Of course this gave Tarek many questions, which he held back, knowing that it wasn’t the time.

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:36 am

Shula Njoo

Shula noted that he used the honey he had offered to her; he obviously wasn't trying to harm her, she realized. He'd had more than one opportunity. All he had to do was shout her real name and this game was all over. Even in Shu Jing, where news didn't travel fast, they still knew of Novai's not-so-secret hunt for her head.

“Don’t worry Lena, I mean you no harm, and you are smart to be cautious…” he continued on, and while she thought he was telling the truth, she just couldn't be sure. She had seriously begun to doubt herself after she'd been so wrong about Novai. She still listened, though; the man seemed to have good advice.

"…I just noticed you is all…and I figured that we’re in similar situations,” he said, and she quirked an eyebrow curiously. Similar situations? Just what did he suspect of her? Despite her nature, she was finding it harder and harder to be distrustful of someone so open.

“Ever since that weasel-snake Novai stole the throne..." he said, and she immediately grinned before having to control her expression to a small smile. So, this man believed Novai stole the throne? This changed things. She took a small teaspoon of the honey and stirred it into her tea after all; to her it symbolized a truce and a bit of trust--just a slight amount. But it existed.

"...and started his insane warmongering, I've had to keep a low profile. It’s part of the reason I am here in Shu Jing…everyone here exists in their own little bubble and the outside world doesn’t affect them much.” he concluded, and she nodded.

"Shu Jing is a wonderful place for hiding; the scenery is also quite a sight for these eyes," she said with a small little smile, the corners of her mouth upturning but the dimple in her chin still hiding away. "So Novai has a bounty on you?" she continued curiously. She barely managed to stop herself from adding "too" at the end of that question. She didn't want to let Tarek know that she was wanted--not yet, anyhow.

Mood: Tentatively Trusting

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Tarek Raiden

As Tarek spoke he noticed the woman relax a little more. She eventually even tried some of the honey, which made Tarek grin slightly; he was glad she seemed to trust him a little more now. He knew he was being very open about things, but he didn’t think she was a threat to him. His grin widened as he noticed her reaction to what he said about Novai. So she doesn’t like Novai much either? He thought to himself as he continued.

"Shu Jing is a wonderful place for hiding; the scenery is also quite a sight for these eyes.”
She said with a small smile. Tarek nodded, not only was Shu Jing isolated, it was also a very beautiful and serene place. All in all, it was a perfect place to hide.

"So Novai has a bounty on you?"
she continued.

Tarek nodded. “Yes…though, not in the usual sense. He is after me, but he wants me alive…he wants me to join him,” Tarek said as he leaned forward ever so slightly, “you see I have something that he wants…” Tarek paused, choosing his words carefully, “…I have…certain information regarding the other nations, and of ancient firebending techniques… that he wants to exploit.”

Tarek sat back as the waiter came and poured them more tea and waited until he left before continuing. “But I owe no loyalty to that fool, and he will get my knowledge when he wrenches it from my cold, dead hands!” he said as he slammed his fist into the table, though not hard enough to attract any attention. Tarek really had no love for Novai. He looked curiously at Lena; he didn’t want to say too much more to her. He had already said a lot, and wanted to see her reaction to all of it first.

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula tilted her head to the side curiously. He was wanted, but not in the usual sense. So Novai was continuing with his old ways, attempting to make the Fire Nation the greatest military government in the world. She listened carefully as Tarek continued. “…I have…certain information regarding the other nations, and of ancient firebending techniques… that he wants to exploit.”

So he knows of ancient firebending techniques? Just how ancient were these? She had to admit that she was extremely curious, but did not say anything; she could tell Tarek still had something else to say. A waiter came by and Shula sipped at her refreshed cup of tea as she waited for Tarek to continue. When the waiter was out of ear shot, she was almost taken by surprise by Tarek's sudden passion.

“But I owe no loyalty to that fool, and he will get my knowledge when he wrenches it from my cold, dead hands!” he said; his fist came down onto the table, rattling Shula's cup but it didn't attract attention--she still looked around though. The quiet chatter of the tea shop hadn't changed, and none of the customers seemed to be paying any attention to those around them.

"You were wise to go into hiding. Novai is not one who accepts no for an answer." she said, attempting to hide the anger in her voice towards him. Tarek obviously didn't like Novai, maybe even hated him; she was glad that some of her people still believed that Novai was not their true leader.

He also appeared to be a master, based upon what he said about knowledge and ancient technique. She took a moment to wonder about who had taught him the ancient ways, but she didn't say so. If she asked too many questions, she would have to give him some answers. Conversations were give and take, after all.

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:40 pm

Tarek Raiden

"You were wise to go into hiding. Novai is not one who accepts no for an answer." She said once he had finished. Tarek sat back, he had already figured that she didn’t like Novai much earlier, but now she mentioned his name, and he found himself very curious indeed as to whom this woman was and she was involved in this.

“You are right, he doesn’t.” he replied calmly as he sipped his tea, “but tell me…if you don’t mind me asking,” He leaned forward, “you seem to be speaking from experience…do you know Novai?” He asked, with a soft voice as a precaution. He wasn’t sure if she would be willing to speak about it, but he tried anyway. After all, she didn’t seem to like Novai much, and she looked like she was interested in what he was saying.

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula's musings of Tarek's abilities and previous masters was abruptly ended when he asked, "…do you know Novai?” She immediately looked at him with wide eyes before going blank once again--she needed to be faster at that. Control over one's expressions was vital. His voice was soft, and he was leaning forward as he spoke.

Her mind was quickly going through possibilities; perhaps he had said what he said to gain a more open conversation before finding out who she was? What if he really was working for Novai? Or....was curiosity a variable as well? She examined his face, then leaned forward as well; there was little room between the two of them, but she could take no chances.

"If you speak a single word of this conversation to anyone, you will find yourself in a highly distasteful position. Torturous deaths are a particular specialty of mine," she said in a low growl. She actually liked Tarek; he seemed like a rather agreeable person, and from what she had seen so far, highly intelligent.

But there were necessary precautions to be taken, and she had to make him understand that the next thing she said could determine the overall fate of the whole nation. "Novai was an adviser of mine," she finally murmured. She felt that Tarek was a person of good character, and didn't think that she'd be ratted out based off of what Tarek had said.

Of course, she'd been completely mistaken about Novai, but she tried not to doubt herself too much. She leaned back and awaited what would happen next; she would not hesitate to kill Tarek if she needed to, but she didn't think it would come to that. Even so, she wrapped her fingers around a hissatsu of hers and was ready at a moment's notice. She wouldn't bother bending, if what he said was true about ancient technique.

Mood: Worried

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Tarek Raiden

Lena’s initial reaction answered Tarek’s question for him. She quickly composed herself, however, and seemed to think about her answer. She leaned closer and growled: "If you speak a single word of this conversation to anyone, you will find yourself in a highly distasteful position. Torturous deaths are a particular specialty of mine."

Tarek found himself surprised at her words; they were not exactly what he had expected, though his face didn’t show it. He stared her in the eyes, and his eyes narrowed. He was almost testing her, to see if she was serious or just a good bluffer. Honestly, from what he saw, he didn’t expect this woman’s specialty to be torturous deaths.

He finally sat back and grinned at her. “Well for what it’s worth…I won’t breathe a word this to anyone…I wasn’t planning to,” He said as he sipped some tea, “it’s as that old saying goes…find the enemy of your enemy…and you will find a friend.” He said with a grin as he lifted his teacup to her, almost as if he was toasting.

"Novai was an adviser of mine," she finally murmured.

Tarek’s eyes widened as he sat back and stared at her. His mind seemed like it had just connected all the dots. “Adviser?” he said with a revelatory look on his face, “You’re the Fi…” Tarek cut himself off there. He realized how dangerous it would be to expose her, even by accident, as Fire Lord Shula. “It is an honor to meet you,” he said with a respectful nod. He didn’t want to make a scene so he stayed casual. A million questions raced through his head, but now wasn’t the time or the place, they would have to wait.

“Well, this is an unexpected turn off events,” he said calmly, “though not an unwelcome one...nobody really knew what had happened to you...there were many rumours but..." Tarek paused and leaned forward with a slight grin, "...I for one, am glad to see you are alive and well." He sat back again. "I imagine that you must have questions for me now,” he continued remembering that she seemed quite curious about certain things he mentioned.

Mood: Suprised

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 am

Shula Njoo

"You're the Fi..." he began, and her eyes immediately widened and she shook her head frantically, mouthing 'no' repeatedly. Luckily, he cut himself off and said instead, "It is an honor to meet you." She slumped against her chair with a sigh of relief.

"Well, this is an unexpected turn of events, you must have some questions for me now, I imagine." He continued, and she looked at him with gratitude before composing herself and drinking the rest of her tea to still her nerves.

"You spoke of ancient firebending techniques. Who taught you? Are you a master?" she said eventually; she was always looking for new information, and if someone were still around that could teach the old ways, that could be very important. Incorporating the ancient techniques with the new ones would advance firebending further than ever before--not just for her, but for every firebender out there.

Mood: Relieved

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:30 am

Tarek Raiden

"You spoke of ancient firebending techniques. Who taught you? Are you a master?" She asked after sipping her tea. Tarek looked at her for a second as he arranged his thoughts; he had to shelve many of his own questions for the time being, he was by nature, very curious.

“Well,” he started eventually, “I had my various firebending teachers in school and my father, who actually served your father as a palace guard,” he said with a smile as he thought back to his youth, “but they did not teach me what I know. I guess you can say that I am self-taught,” he continued, “Ever since I was young, I searched for and collected old scrolls and tomes, not just on ancient firebending techniques, but also on the ancient philosophies of fire and the true source of its power.”

Tarek sat back and it seemed for a moment that he was remembering every place he had traveled to and all that he had seen. “I have been to places that were unseen by human eyes for hundreds of years, and I have probably read enough ancient texts to fill up a library or two!” he said with a chuckle. “From the day I discovered my first scroll, until now…I have been training…perfecting, combining and adapting various ancient firebending techniques and philosophies into one.”

Tarek paused to sip his tea. “I have no real concern with titles like master and such, although many have called me that in the past, including Novai.” He said as he put his cup down and pushed it aside. “I apologize for the long-winded answer…I get carried away sometimes,” he continued with a slight chuckle. He looked her in the eyes and awaited her response, he was curious to see what she thought of all this.

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:30 am

Shula Njoo

Shula listened carefully and gave a weak smile when her father was mentioned. He was, indeed, a great Fire Lord. As a father though...he had failed in many aspects. But he did his best, and Shu had to remind herself to keep that in mind.

She listened intently, nodding here and there; she was quite impressed that he was self-taught. She wondered how that worked; she herself had been trained by Gen Zhou from the age of three and a half until sixteen, when she mastered firebending. Of course, that didn't mean she stopped studying and learning. It just meant that she held enough knowledge to pass it on to others.

He chuckled as he finished, and Shula passed him a small smile. "No, no, long answers are best. In that way, full understanding can be achieved. I, for one, dislike short two-syllable answers; they leave much to be desired, and even more to be questioned." Shu-Shu said, realizing that her left hand was still within one of the inner pockets of her cloak, still clutching the hissatsu. She carefully released it; she hadn't realized that she'd been gripping it so tightly until her knuckles--white with strain--began to protest.

"I suppose you may have questions for me, if you are self-taught. A knowledge seeker is more than likely a curious person. Ask away--just...word things carefully." Shula said with a careful smile; she only thought it was fair that if she was asking Tarek personal questions that he might do the same. She examined the occupants of the tea shop as the waiter came back yet again with a pot of tea. She placed a hand over her cup, not wanting more, and the waiter moved to fill Tarek's.

Mood: Carefully Friendly

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Tarek Raiden

“I am glad you think that way.”
Tarek said with a smile, “Firstly, because a leader who wants full understanding of situation before making a decision…is a leader who will make wise decisions, and secondly…because I hate giving short answers.” He chuckled. He noticed her pull her hand out of her coat and figured that she must have had a concealed weapon underneath it, but he didn’t think much of it. He would be cautious too if he were in her shoes.

Tarek politely shook his head as the waiter offered him some more tea and waited until he was a good distance away from the table before he leaned forward. “Well I do, and I shall try to be…discreet,” he said with an understanding nod.

“Well first is the obvious question. What happened between you and Novai, and where did you disappear to? I mean…there were many rumours but if you don’t mind, I am curious to know the truth.”
He whispered “I don’t need specifics or anything…” he continued, knowing how dangerous this information could be “…but do you have a plan or something of the sort…do you need any help?”

Tarek asked this sincerely, not only did he want to help Shula, but he wanted to help in keeping the Fire Nation and the entire world safe. Novai had thrown things out of balance and had to be stopped and Tarek would gladly aid Shula in any way she needed, whether it was by helping her with some money, giving her information, or even fighting for her.

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Shula Njoo

"What happened between you and Novai, and where did you disappear to? I mean…there were many rumours but if you don’t mind, I am curious to know the truth. I don’t need specifics or anything…but do you have a plan or something of the sort…do you need any help?” Shula let out a puff of air; she'd been expecting that specific question(s) actually.

She leaned her head in, speaking in a soft whisper, her voice barely audible. "Novai had been secretly working on overthrowing me when I first employed him as an adviser; apparently he had many spies following me through my own Palace, learning the ins and outs of everything. When he did take over, we--meaning myself and my followers--moved underground, below the Capital." Shula said carefully, trying not to make the answer too long in case someone happened to become suddenly interested in their conversation.

"The plan is to build up The Underground--my organisation of followers, if you will--and take back the throne. As for help....we always need help. Too many of our own have been captured, and even more convinced to join Novai. He's convincing people that he is the true Fire Lord, and that I was a changeling." she said, finishing as her eyes flitted towards the other patrons.

All appeared to be normal, but Shula knew that appearances were usually just that. She continued watching them out of the corner of her eye as she waited for Tarek's reply.

Mood: Quiet
Condition: Hiding

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:58 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek listened intently to Shula. He knew that Novai was power hungry, but from all Shula had said he was also cunning and manipulative, which made him even more dangerous. “I just knew that Novai wouldn’t have been able to turn all your followers against you, no matter how charismatic he thinks he is…” Tarek leaned forward “…and I am glad that you survived his coup, you sure must have him worried a bit.” He said with a chuckle, imagining how Shula’s escape must have complicated Novai’s plans.

Tarek nodded as Shula continued. “I see,” he said eventually as he rubbed his chin, “I despise Novai, and the chaos that he plans to unleash on the world…my allegiances lie with peace and with the true Fire Lord…If you will have me, I will gladly join your cause.” He said in a soft whisper as he leaned very close to Shula.

Tarek noticed Shula start looking around the room and soon he was doing the same. Everything seemed normal, but he just felt very cautious all of a sudden. “Maybe we should continue our talk elsewhere…” he whispered as his eyes scanned the room.

Tarek suddenly stood up, without giving Shula time to answer. “I am so glad Dad and Mom are doing fine…but you didn’t have to come all this way to see me?” he said with a big smile as he walked around to Shula and offered her his hand to help her up. He was acting of course, and quite well in fact. He hoped it would help, in case anyone was spying or trying to eavesdrop on the two of them.

Mood: Cautious

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula was about to respond to Tarek's willingness to join her, when suddenly he whispered, "Perhaps we should continue our talk elsewhere." Shula immediately understood, dropping coin onto the table as Tarek stood.

“I am so glad Dad and Mom are doing fine…but you didn’t have to come all this way to see me,” he then said, speaking at a normal voice, walking around and offering her his hand. She immediately took it, smiling widely. She knew exactly what he was doing, and wasn't going to give anyone reason to believe that this was just improv.

"Oh, but it's been so long since I've seen you! Don't tell me you're not delighted to see your little sister," Shula responded, taking his hand and standing, still wearing that big grin perfectly. She looked completely genuine, and could probably have passed off as Tarek's sister; his goatee was brown, her hair was dyed blonde, and so it didn't look too far out of the ordinary.

She let go of Tarek's hand afterwards, not too quickly nor too slowly. She'd been pretending and acting all her life now; this was nothing new to her. She eventually headed out of the shop, saying something about wanting to see all of the cute little shops in Shu Jing, and buying souvenirs for their 'parents'. She spoke in a normal tone of voice, and those who wanted to hear them could; otherwise many just ignored the two.

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 am

Tarek Raiden

“I am glad to see you sis, but I if I knew you were coming I would have prepared a little more, I hardly have any food at home and it’s kind of a mess!” he laughed as he walked out of the shop with her. He was surprised at how flawlessly she fell into the act. He walked down the streets with her, stopping at various souvenir shops on the way, keeping the act up until they finally arrived at the room which Tarek was renting.

Tarek casually checked the windows and doors, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. His apartment was the exact opposite of what he said to Shula under the guise of her brother. It was spotless and sparsely furnished. He never travelled with much. He gestured to Shula to take a seat, “Make yourself at home…” he said with a smile.

Tarek sat down as well. “Sorry, but I got suspicious all of a sudden and had to improvise…although you really handled it well…uh…what do I call you? Fire Lord Shula?” he wasn’t whispering, but he was hardly talking loud enough for anyone outside the room to hear, “and I do believe that we were interrupted in the tea shop as well.” He continued as he sat back and awaited her response.

Mood: Focused

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:17 am

Shula Njoo

Shula sat in a chair, her back straight; that was ingrained within her, and the only reason she'd been slouching before was for the pretense of a disguise. She discarded her cloak, as it was heavy and laid it on the arm-rest, careful not to disturb anything else in Tarek's home.

She smiled as she spoke. "When you're involved in politics, great acting is a necessity," she said, half-joking. "And Shula's fine, no need to worry about such formalities," she said in turn to his question of what to call her.

She took a moment to remember their previous discussion, before nodding at the recollection. "I appreciate your willingness to join us. For someone of your obvious intelligence, you will be a great asset in this war. Of course, I cannot guarantee that you will be completely safe; war has its casualties and if you are prepared to join the Underground, you must prepare for the inevitable idea of death. It's a grim subject, one that I do not delight in speaking of, but it exists and I would not like to falsely lead you on."

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek grinned and nodded. “Okay, Shula…” he said as he took another peek around the room, just in case. He wasn’t too fond of formalities and was glad that Shula didn’t seem to be either. He leaned forward as Shula spoke and smiled.

“I am well aware of the risks, and my decision still stands. I would rather die, then see the world handed over to a madman…and I would rather fight my adversary, then run and hide from him.” He said in a sincere voice, he meant what he had said and wouldn’t go back on it. “Regardless of the possible dangers, Novai must be stopped and balance must be restored…you must take your throne back and I will help in any way I can, whether big or small.”

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 am

Shula Njoo

As Tarek finished his rather impressive speech, Shula nodded. She hadn't doubted his resolve, and now that he stated where he stood, she felt more comfortable in discussing important matters with him. She fidgeted in her seat; "At the moment we don't have a solid plan. We're collecting intel, finding his weak points, but it's slow going. I'm not sure what our next move should be, if we had the option of moving forward."

[OoC: I'm sorry it's so short.]
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek sat back and listened intently to what Shula said. Of course he knew that as long as Novai had control of most of the Fire Nation’s military, that he would be almost impossible to challenge head on without the help of the other Nations and possibly the Avatar.

“Waiting is sometimes the best strategy…if Novai is the type of person I think he is…he is worried, possibly paranoid that you escaped and that his ‘Master Plan’ has been seriously flawed from the start. He will slip up on something soon and start making mistakes…” he said before his head suddenly twitched to the side as he heard a series of faint popping sounds and felt a tremendous amount of heat and energy heading for the room.

Before he could react the whole room shook as one of his walls were blown to pieces. He was immediately on his feet and in a fighting stance as he cautiously waited for the dust to clear. He quickly looked at Shula and gave her a nod as if he was checking to see if she was alright. There wasn’t anywhere to run or hide in his quarters, and he hoped she was ready for what was coming.

“I don’t know who they are or how they found us, but there are two of them and one is definitely a combustion bender.” He whispered to Shula as the dust gave them cover, he was adept at sensing energies and heat and could tell that there were two people outside, “we won’t be safe in Shu Jing any longer and if we fight them here half the town will be destroyed from the combustion bender's attacks…we should try leading them away…”

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula was about to respond, when she felt powerful energy headed their way; the heat came second, the sound came third. Part of his apartment was blown to pieces, and Shula flipped upward and behind her chair to prevent getting hit by any of the flying pieces of splintered wood, plaster, and whatever furniture was blown to bits.

“I don’t know who they are or how they found us, but there are two of them and one is definitely a combustion bender....we won’t be safe in Shu Jing any longer and if we fight them here half the town will be destroyed from the combustion bender's attacks…we should try leading them away…” Tarek whispered. Shula had pieced together that there was a combustion bender, but she was impressed with his ability to see that there was another person involved as well.

She didn't bother replying; she grabbed her cloak--torn as it was from the bits of shrapnel that had shredded parts of it and jumped out of the window behind her chair, feeling her skin being pierced in various places by the glass. This didn't bother her in the slightest, and before she hit the ground, she shot fire from her hands and feet and floated for a minute or two.

She chose to take a minute to wait for Tarek, putting her cloak back on, before waiting, just floating there. The second she saw him, she would rocket off towards the mountains, in the direction she'd first arrived in. Not many traversed that area and she thought it would be safest.

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:30 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek didn’t have much to salvage in the apartment. He took a deep breath and shot a bolt of lightning randomly through the hole in wall in an attempt to buy them some time as he grabbed his spear and his pack and followed Shula through the window. He found her hovering down below and she immediately flew off into the mountains. Tarek gave her a nod as large flame jets emerged from his hands and feet and he followed.

They were a good distance from the town, when Tarek heard the distinct ‘popping’ sound behind them. He turned his head and got a good look at their attackers. They were following after them moving at high speeds atop a large boulder, the second man was obviously a powerful earthbender. Both men were huge, behemoths of muscle and looked like they had seen their fair share of action. Tarek almost didn’t notice that they were shirtless at first because there skin was covered in ritualistic tattoos. The earthbender focused on moving the boulder they were on while the combustion bender shot at Tarek and Shula.

Tarek flew on, zigzagging in the air to try and throw the combustion bender off. He was also impressed with Shula’s abilities as they flew on, not many masters could sustain flight for very long. He knew the Fire Lord was powerful, and seeing her in action just affirmed it in his mind. Tarek sighed, he wasn’t fond of violence or killing, but he knew that it could not always be avoided. “Shula!” He shouted as they rocketed through the air, “These freaks aren’t going to stop, and if they managed to track you down despite your disguise and all secrecy, they will find you again. We have to deal with them for good.” It was pretty obvious, but he said it anyway. It was more of a warning to Shula that he had stopped following her and turned to fight them.

They were over a large empty field, nestled in the mountains. The white, snow covered grass was untouched apart from the large, brown line created by the earthbender as he dragged the boulder over the field to keep up with Shula and Tarek. Tarek stopped mid-flight and spun around, he exhaled sharply as he shot a huge bolt of lightning at the two assassins. The earthbender reacted immediately by lifting his boulder up into the path of the lightning. A loud thundering sound ensued as the boulder broke into two. Soon the dust settled, revealing the two assassins standing on the ground, unharmed and ready to fight. Tarek landed not too far from them and looked up at them with glowing orange eyes, he wasn’t sure if he could beat these two alone, they were obviously incredibly skilled in combat. They start walking towards him and he didn’t dare take his eyes off them as they approached, so he wasn’t sure about Shula’s whereabouts.

Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:35 am

Shula Njoo

"Shula!" Tarek said, announcing that they would just have to kill them. She had known that that was probably inevitable, but she had wanted to put it off for as long as she could. Shula flipped herself over, cursing her luck, and inspected their adversaries; they were absolute monsters, muscular beyond belief. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, she thought to herself with a grim yet pleased smirk. It took her a minute to realize that they were unclothed from the waist up as well, their tattoos covered almost every inch of actual skin. The earthbender impressed her only slightly, the same with the combustion bender; she had no doubt that the two were masters of their respective elements, but she felt confident in her own abilities. This was the first real action she was going to see in almost a year--and she had spent that year training for four hours daily, to better herself in every aspect of combat.

She was glad they were far from the village below; she could see it vaguely; she realized that she was standing in snow as well. How strange; she'd only seen snow once or twice in her lifetime. Resisting the urge to bend over and grab some, to touch it, inspect it, she instead focused on the task at hand. She was a little worried about fighting on unfamiliar terrain, but it wasn't like much could be done about it. She watched as Tarek sent an enormous bolt of lightning at the men; the earthbender lifted his boulder up to block it, breaking the boulder into two. She landed then, Tarek landing literally seconds afterwards; she was a little bit behind him.

The two monsters of muscle began walking towards the two; Shula walked forward as well, noting Tarek's strangely glowing orange eyes. She came to stand next to him, before slowly pulling out her sansetsukon; she thought it'd be better to leave the hissatsu and poisoned darts for closer ranged attack--she couldn't throw a dart very far, though her aim was amazing, and if she tried using them now all that she would succeed in is angering the men further and perhaps providing them with a new weapon to use; she stood ready, watching the men approach carefully.

While she would no doubt use firebending in this battle, she always preferred to have a weapon out and ready--something her father had taught to her when she was a child. She waited for someone to make the first move, may it be Tarek or the two Muscle Men, she didn't know, but she always preferred to wait for an opponent to strike first. She was more of a defensive player, until you p'issed her off. Then you were screwed; she wasn't angry as much as she was confident though, and so on the defensive she went.

Mood: Confident, Defensive
Condition: Uninjured

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escape For The Restless   Escape For The Restless Empty

Back to top Go down

Escape For The Restless
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next