The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Escape from the Norm (Bolin)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Renayu
Renayu

EXP : 3622

Character Description
Position: Tea Shop Waiteress
Nation: Water Tribes

Escape from the Norm (Bolin) Empty
PostSubject: Escape from the Norm (Bolin)   Escape from the Norm (Bolin) EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Renayu

Renayu was able to escape from the Tribe for a month. two and a half weeks split between the Nothern Tribe, Fire Nation, and Foggy Swamp. Then the Tribal Council gave her a week and a half to escape from her duties then imediatly return to the tribe to get back to ruling her tribes people. What great way to do it other than traveling, something she has wanted to do for a very long time.

She arrived in a city named Gaoling. She did not know what to do. It's not like she was given a book named Traveling in the Earth Kingdom: For Dummies. She held onto her only bag with a few changes of clothes, some money and water. She stuck out like a sore thumb in the sea of greens and browns in her blue. Now she just felt...well, awkward.

Mood: Happily in Love
Condition: Heathly

Back to top Go down
Bolin Ishigawa
Bolin Ishigawa

EXP : 350
Birthday : 1990-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Norm (Bolin)   Escape from the Norm (Bolin) EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:32 pm

Bolin Ishigawa

Another day of work, another handful of money… Bolin would not need to worry about spending it all in one place. He had earned plenty of money that day, and so whatever he did not spend on this afternoon cup of tea and bowl of soup would go into his “treasury” back at home.
He stopped at his favorite tea shop, ordering his usual tea as well as a small bowl of soup. A few regular customers waved to him, and he returned the waves, tossing in a “Hello” with the person’s name when necessary. It was not to say that he was in any sort of sour mood, or even that his days were boring. Each one was different, which was sort of a given considering that he worked various odd jobs where and when he could. He had been relatively unlucky today, having to trek clear out to some other cities for work before returning to Gaoling for the afternoon and evening. Some days, such as this one, he was simply tired and wanted to unwind. On other days he was a bit livelier.

The tea and soup rejuvenated him and he felt significantly better. After paying his tab, he left and headed home. Once there, he deposited his money where the new coins joined the ones that had been there a while, and he removed his boots and soon changed the rest of his clothes. Dressing up in a similarly casual attire to what he had worn to work that morning, he left the house again, this time barefoot. He felt rejuvenated, and ready to go back to his old tricks.

As he was walking down towards the south side of the city he noticed something that was not necessarily rare, but still rather unusual. Here there was a Water Tribe visitor, who stood out among all the green in her blue and brown clothing. It did not bother him. They got visitors all the time. Most of them were Earth Kingdomers from the northern villages, but occasionally they got a Fire Nationer or a Water Tribesperson. The occasional wandering Air Nomad was also not unheard of.

Bolin figured he might as well give this fellow a friendly welcome, since no one else seemed to be doing so. Granted, it was the latter end of rush hour, so people were still going home after a long day’s work to relax with their families or enjoy dinner perhaps. Bolin simply did these things swiftly, and since his work did not have such consistent schedules, he ended slightly earlier, so he beat the rush, despite the distance he travelled.

“Well…” he cooed, “what brings a lovely Water Tribe maiden out to these fine parts of the Earth Kingdom?” the question was directed at her given the way he had approached her (though he stayed far enough away to give the woman her space), “Are you finding your way around Gaoling okay?”
His approach had been flirty, though he was simply saying hello. He had this style of speech with most people, male or female, and it did not say anything about his sexuality or if he was interested in romance or not. It was just how he rolled.
Mood: Relaxed
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Norm (Bolin)   Escape from the Norm (Bolin) EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Renayu

Rena was going to try to find a tavern or inn. The town was lively with people walking around heading to their homes of tea and food shops. She felt so out of her element which she kinda liked. Earth required water to survive, so this meant she could be near some type of water sorce. Renayu placed her bag strap on her shoulder as she was about to walk about when a man of a good, strong build approached her.

"Im on vacation from my job. I just found this city and decided why not come here and relax." I said looking at him. We stood at an acceptable distence from each other. I allowed some time between my first comment and my next sentence for him to answer. "Renayu, Southern water Tribe Chieftess. And may i aqquire your name by chance?"

Rena was wearing a light blue tank-top with a pair of light blue pants with a tan and white fur skirt cover on top. She let her hair down so it waved in the light breeze. Her father's tribal cuff fit loosely around her left wrist. Her fur boots balanced her temperature out throughout her body. She looked up at the man as she awaited his answers.

Mood: Relaxing

Back to top Go down
Bolin Ishigawa
Bolin Ishigawa

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Norm (Bolin)   Escape from the Norm (Bolin) EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 am

Bolin Ishigawa

Bolin chuckled. “Well, you chose a mighty fine place to come and do it then.” He cooed, “Gaoling’s a nice little urban stop between Si Wong and the Southern Air Temple… though I don’t see much of a reason for anyone to go there. Si Wong on the other hand…”
The stories of that desert would have fascinated Bolin to no end if he had not already been there himself. Work had sometimes dragged him out to some of the far reaches of those sandy hills to some distant outpost, be it for any type of work ranging from mercenary duties to manual labor, or anything else in between.
“I almost wished that work had taken me back there.” he mused, “but who’s to say that it won’t take me back anyways sooner or later?”

“Well, well… Chieftess of the south then… that’s a first for me. Name’s Bolin, by the way. Bolin Kojiro Ishigawa… just your run-of-the-mill worker-for-hire. So what made the city of Gaoling of all places attract the attention of the Southern Water Chief? Surely it wasn’t the charm of a man by chance, was it?”
He was joking as he usually did. Bolin was a slightly scruffy-looking man at the moment, wearing an open jacket over a lighter undershirt, and a pair of trousers that ended just over halfway down his shins. His sturdy arms were bare, as were his feet.  He looked like he could probably use a little bath given the fine coating of dust he had on him, but that was just the natural consequence of having just worked a long construction job. He didn’t mind it anyways. If he wanted it off badly enough, he had proficient earthbending skills with would remedy the problem in a heartbeat.

He had a gentle, friendly face and totally had the build of an earthbender. He was wondering why she had chosen Gaoling as a place to take a vacation from work at… but everyone always had their reasons. He had a reason for everything he did, and he assumed that she would too. Still… it wasn’t often that Water Tribespeople went all the way down here, so she was interested to learn a bit more about her, for starters. He did not anticipate it starting a romance of any kind—he knew that he was not really the commitment type anyways.
“still…” he mentally chuckled, “I hope she doesn’t mind a nickname or two.”
After all… that was one of Bolin’s most famous and defining traits—always giving out nicknames to people, regardless of age, gender, nationality, or position.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Norm (Bolin)   Escape from the Norm (Bolin) EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Renayu

He cooed to me, “Well, you chose a mighty fine place to come and do it then. Gaoling’s a nice little urban stop between Si Wong and the Southern Air Temple… though I don’t see much of a reason for anyone to go there. Si Wong on the other hand…” Glad to know I picked the perfect spot to come to. Though I dont really think I'll be staying here for long. Only a week and a half to travel? I couldnt do that. I needed to stay here and relax before going back to Warriors training and being with my people. Though this town felt humble.

“Well, well… Chieftess of the south then… that’s a first for me. Name’s Bolin, by the way. Bolin Kojiro Ishigawa… just your run-of-the-mill worker-for-hire. So what made the city of Gaoling of all places attract the attention of the Southern Water Chief? Surely it wasn’t the charm of a man by chance, was it?” I luaged as I uncrossed my arms. "Well Bolin, I came here because I was allowed a week and a half to go anywhere in the world after I finished spending a week in the Northern Tribe, Fire Nation and a few days in the Foggy Swamp. I choose Gaoling because I thought it would be nice to stay in the Earth Kingdom. And as for the man part of your question, Not that I know of. Anyways, would you be able to point me in the direction of a building or place here that would house a visitor? Money isnt an issue. Oh but first, can you show me where i can get something to eat?" Rena wasn normally hungry, but it had been two days since her last meal and she was in need of something to settle her stomach. She looked at Bolin with her wide blue eyes hoping he could assist her. Of course no matter how much he would help her, she wasnt going to leave him empty-handed. She was a kind woman and she would pay him money for any type of help he would give her.

Back to top Go down
Bolin Ishigawa
Bolin Ishigawa

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Norm (Bolin)   Escape from the Norm (Bolin) EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Bolin Ishigawa

Bolin watched her every reaction, though kept his distance so not to scrutinize. Zhin, the woman that he probably associated the most with, always deeply analyzed him the way she analyzed everyone. Perhaps she had rubbed off on him. Then again, he did not often think so deeply the way Zhin did—they were two very different people.
There was certainly nothing wrong with Gaoling. It was a fairly large city; definitely one of the largest in the southern reaches of the continent unless one went far enough west to hit Omashu. Most people here were fairly wealthy or at least well-off, and of course there were those Earth Rumble tournaments. Bolin himself had gone in and won a few of those, though he was not the champion. He thought it was someone like the Earth Queen or someone from up north somewhere, but he did not keep track.

Despite the wealth of several citizens of the town, most people, such as and including Bolin, were rather humble. It was not to say that they were entrapped in the tendrils of poverty, but rather that they were comfortable living where they did and how they did, and did not feel much of a need to brag. The biggest exception was the Earth Rumble Arenas, but arrogance and confidence were a necessary ingredient in Earth Kingdom Pride.

He chuckled as he heard her out. “well… I would have thought that as Chief, you would be able to do whatever you wanted… but then again, maybe that’s why I’m not a politician.” He laughed. Anyhoo… there are plenty of inns, taverns, restaurants, tea shops, and the likes around here if you’re not afraid to go into town. Don’t worry too much… crime rate’s a bit lower here than many places. If you want a place to unwind a bit before you go out looking, you can come back to my place for a bit. It ain’t much, but I’ve got bread on the table and all that jazz. The choice is yours.”

He did not want to make her think that he was hinting at something, because he wasn’t. Bolin was a hospitable man for the most part though, and his humble abode had sheltered many travelers and friends that he had made over time. He saw no reason for this time to be any different.
“and if not… the cheaper places will be towards the heart of town… you might have noticed that most of the rich people live towards the fringes and outskirts of this place—not necessarily a bad thing… just how the town grew and developed.”
He shrugged and waited for her answers. He was not in any rush though.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Norm (Bolin)   Escape from the Norm (Bolin) EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Renayu

I watched as he observed me. Maybe these parts were not used to the site of such people like me. Who knew. I was not here to create any type of problem. I was just here to somply relaxing. For some odd reason he looked like a woman I met before I started on my journey across the globe for the month. What was her name again? Zine..Zhe..Zhin! Thats it. I liked that girl a lot. She has gumption and strong-willed power.

“well… I would have thought that as Chief, you would be able to do whatever you wanted… but then again, maybe that’s why I’m not a politician. Anyhoo… there are plenty of inns, taverns, restaurants, tea shops, and the likes around here if you’re not afraid to go into town. Don’t worry too much… crime rate’s a bit lower here than many places. If you want a place to unwind a bit before you go out looking, you can come back to my place for a bit. It ain’t much, but I’ve got bread on the table and all that jazz. The choice is yours.”

I didnt know. Should I trust this complete stranger that i had just met, or should i have just gone into the city or somewhere inbetween the outskirts and center? I gripped onto my bag tightly with my left hand since it was on my left shoulder. I placed on hand in my pocket and looked at him. "Lean the way Bolin. And besides, I never wanted to be a politican. i was the only child of my parents who were the Tribal leaders before. And when I first became Tribe leader, I thought I could make all the descioins in my life, everything but where i could go. I'm constantly being watched like messenger hawks by the Tribal council. It's boring stuff, I'm sorry." I said apologizing hoping that I wasnt boring him.

Back to top Go down
Bolin Ishigawa
Bolin Ishigawa

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Norm (Bolin)   Escape from the Norm (Bolin) EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Bolin Ishigawa

Bolin chuckled as he heard her out. “No offense taken. It’s just good business if you ask me. We don’t always choose what we are to become in the future, but when fate sets you on a path, it’s best not to fight it unless it truly conflicts with your destiny. Just my thoughts, anyways. Though if you, the Tribal Chief, are getting bossed around, just remind ‘em who is chief around there. Just sayin’…”
He nodded and led the way towards his place. “I assume you’re talking about my place when you say to lead the way, so that’s where we’re going. If nothing else, you can stay there and chat before jumping ship and looking for another. Or... feel free to make yourself at home.”

The walk was a few minutes, but Bolin was sort of sauntering at his own gentle pace, not really in any rush to get back. His eyes occasionally glanced over at the setting sun, or he gazed up at a couiple of larger buildings, but he did not say much else. He did whistle a tune just to prevent coming off as antisocial. He just had nothing else to add at the moment.
Soon they arrived at his house, where he casually kicked the door open. It was small, but not cramped; homely and sturdy, but not necessarily ugly. The interiors were mostly shades of green, brown, and grey, but the place was well-cared for.

“Make yourself at home,” he chuckled lightly, “what’s mine is yours. You want something to eat?”
He was not a flatterer of people by any means, but he was friendly, and sometimes a bit flirty. There was something about the charm of his voice that often gained him a few admirers.
“So tell me a bit about yourself if you don’t mind,” he cooed once she had made herself comfortable, “surely a pretty face like yours has a few stories behind it, no?”

“because why not?” he chuckled to himself, “I am ashamed of nothing I have just said.”
He was generally a rather shameless fellow, and if she asked about him, he would not be afraid to reveal a bit more about himself. Some people took it so personally though, and Bolin never understood why. He treated most people the same though, and this was not going to be an exception for her.
“Don’t feel pressured or anything,” he added, “but if there’s anything ya wanna tell ol’ Bolin, go right ahead. I don’t judge.”
He sat down across from her, his slightly goofy smile plastered on his face.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Norm (Bolin)   Escape from the Norm (Bolin) Empty

Back to top Go down

Escape from the Norm (Bolin)
Page 1 of 1