The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

EXP : 1575
Birthday : 1990-04-09

Character Description
Position: Artist; Architect
Nation: Fire Nation

Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:52 am

Correct me if we are not allowed to have more than one thread running at once.

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin’s love of travelling and her (family’s) abundance of wealth had often taken her places in the world, but during her childhood, she seldom remembered much about them, mostly because she had to stick with mom and dad. As she grew older and more independent, this obviously changed, and by the time she was old enough to strike out on her own, there was a modest list of places that she wanted to visit by her lonesome. Among these, of course, was Ba Sing Se, the titanic Earth Kingdom Capital itself. Easily the largest city in the world, it was hardly a wonder why Zhin would want to go there. Any place that took entire days to cross was enough of an adventure in her books. It also made her contemplate visiting Si Wong one of these days.

Riding the monorail into the city was an impressive enough thing as well. Zhin admired the earthbenders who worked this mechanism, but for the first several minutes, Zhin sat there contemplating other ways that things like this could be used. The remainder of Zhin’s trip had her spending her time with her nose inches away from a sheet of paper, furiously scribbling away at various designs and concepts. Also for the fun of it, she drew a few people sketches.
“There is surely a way that this could be implemented in the other nations without using earthbending.” She insisted in her head, “I suppose that should get added to my list of things I wish to build before I die. If we can invent flying machines that do not require bending, we can invent land machines that can do the same.”

Zhin had, without a shadow of a doubt, the assurance that her dream would one day become reality. Whether it was in her lifetime or not, she did not know, but she wished to help move it along in whatever ways she could. Perhaps there was someone here who knew a thing or two about it. The University of Ba Sing Se was soon to be on her list of places to visit while she was here.
However, she did not intend to go there right away. The city was far too large for her to want to start at her desired location, and so she continued her ride as planned, disembarking at the station she had planned to get off in.

Zhin did not stand out terribly much, for in the sea of greens, browns, blacks, and other colors; she was just another nameless citizen. Her green eyes might have made her look like she was from the Earth Kingdom, even though her clothing might have suggested that she was from the Fire Nation. Most people seemed to dress based on the country they were in. She may not have been there, but it was obvious to state that most people who went to the Water Tribes would dress in Water Tribe clothing, which, with its thick furs, coats, and boots, was built to withstand the cold. The same appeared to be the case with the Earth Kingdom, except perhaps more for fashion or at the very least, to blend in. Fire Nationers and those who visited would wear lighter clothing usually made in the Fire Nation itself, and thus such garments would be shades of red, brown, and black.

Other than her good looks, there was nothing really about Zhin that made her stand out, so other than a couple of stares from a few men, Zhin’s walk began without event. Common knowledge taught her that larger cities tended to have more crime; if nothing else, for the larger population of citizens. If her homeland of Fire Fountain had been troubled with crime, then who was to say that a place as immense as Ba Sing Se was not suffering from the same problem on a greater scale? She knew that the Lower Ring would exemplify this the most, and that it would get less and less as she travelled inward.

Unlike her last travel into a danger zone of criminal activity, this one was during broad daylight. Zhin was not so much afraid as she was just logical. Being brave did not mean to go looking for trouble; it just meant handling troublesome situations without losing one’s cool.
And so began Zhin’s walk to Ba Sing Se University. She did not know who she would meet or what she would find when she got there, but she wanted to sate her curiosity here, and nothing was about to stop her.
Mood: Deep in Thought
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

EXP : 3500
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Scholar
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 3:00 pm

[nope. running more than one thread is common practice around here. you're in the clear ^^]

Naseru & Kozue

Another day at the University had come and past, and as usual, Naseru lingered around after class was out, for he enjoyed doing his own research before heading home.
At his side was Kozue, who always seemed to be so easily entertained with whatever little thing Naseru gave her. While 18, Kozue was both blind and deaf, and so she lived a simple life with Naseru under his caring hand.

Naseru's office and classroom were large, given the wide variety of things that he taught, even if he could only teach the basics of such departments. For now however, he was just reading over some scrolls. This was what he was doing when a stranger walked in. He didn't exactly keep his rooms and offices closed to visitors, so this did not surprise him, neither did it offend him.

From his position, all he could tell of the woman was that she wore red and brown clothing and could very well have been either Earth Kingdom or Fire Nation. He highly doubted that she was Water Tribe, and judging by the paleness of her skin, he assumed that she was Fire Nation.
"Hello." he looked up, while Kozue continued touching and prodding the various features of the doll that was in her hands. "Sifu Naseru here. May I help you with something?"

Mood: Calm
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Alright. That is good to know. Smile

Zhin Lyautey

Gaining entrance to the university proved easier than Zhin had suspected. She was not sure yet what department she wanted to learn more about, and so she took a little time trying to get accustomed to the place. After a bit of wandering, she came across a department that took her fancy: Sifu Naseru Litzak, teacher of general bending and combat studies. This was where she wanted to go and wanted to be. Thus… she stepped inside the classroom, hoping to find his office.
Instead, she found him at a large desk, poring over some old scrolls and such.
He greeted her, giving his name. at once, she had a response to his question.

“I am simply here to perhaps learn a thing or two.” She replied, giving him a respectful nod for his position, “I am not a bender of any kind, but I have been taught in the arts of hand-to-hand combat and self-defense. How familiar are you with such fields?”
She also noticed the little girl over to the side. She was dressed in red, and it made Zhin wonder about her even more. Clearly she was something different if she was allowed to sit on the floor of a classroom and play with dolls.
“Also, pardon to interrupt my own request this way, but may I ask about that little girl? She seems like an unusual element in a university classroom, though I mean no offense with that.”

“Who is she? Why is she with him? I can recognize a Fire Nation girl when I see one, and that child has it written all over her. I wonder if she even heard me come in? Seldom would anyone, regardless of age, be able to have their back to the door when a stranger walked in. She is either really hard of hearing, really absorbed in that toy she is playing with, or she is extremely rude. Similarly, either Naseru is an idiot for not being aware of her presence, or more likely, he knows many things about the girl that I do not. Clearly she is here because of him, and so I best not make a foul misjudgment of her until I learn more about who she is and what she is doing.”

“Otherwise,” she decided to get back on track, “That is why I am here. I came to Ba Sing Se in general to gain experience of any kind. When it comes to such things, I cannot say that I am very picky.”
She was also analyzing Naseru, as well as the room they were in.
“He is a very organized man. Based on the tone of voice he has taken with me, he is also a very gentle man. Perhaps there is a connection between this and the presence of the little girl. I suppose that I will find out sooner or later.”
She waited for Naseru’s responses, keeping her polite expression and her respectful posture. She put her hands together in front of her almost reverently, standing patiently.

Mood: Musing
Link:

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:20 pm

^^

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru listened to her comments and questions, and he too had replies ready.
"I am familiar with many basic forms of martial arts and self-defense, including some of the core techniques for all four bending disciplines. Given that I am an Earthbender, I know the most about that subject as you might expect."
Naseru could usually, with considerable accuracy, weed out the good learners from the bad, and vice-versa. In this case, he could tell easily that Zhin was one of the former.

when she mentioned Kozue, he paused, almost as if dead in his tracks.
"well." he chuckled, "for one thing, I do not even think I know your name, M'Lady." he replied, "but... that is my daughter Kozue. I adopted her from the Fire Nation when she was 3 years old. She has been with me since then, and it has been over 15 years. I would say to go ahead and introduce yourself, but she is both blind and deaf. That is why she is still with me after these years."

He wondered why she wished to know this. Was she just curious, or was there an ulterior motive? She did not look like the type to want to harm Kozue, but he knew better than to make such assumptions.

"Why do you ask?" he added, and then changed the subject. "Other than that, I can probably teach you a great deal about the basics of the core bending techniques. IS that what you are looking for?"

Link:

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin chuckled, surprised that he had caught her on it. During her eagerness, she had simply forgotten to give her name. It was not like she was trying to remain secretive.
“My mistake,” she apologized, “it slipped my mind. Zhin is my name; Zhin Suzume Lyautey of the noble Fire Nation house. We hail from the Fire Fountain City.”
With the introduction out of the way, Naseru explained the identity of the little girl in the corner. Suddenly, Zhin’s mind went into maximum overdrive.

“That is incredibly and utterly fascinating!” she exclaimed in her mind as she processed this information, “I did not know that she was nearly 19 years old though. She looks much younger, or maybe that is just an assumption based on her behavior. I have seen and met blind people just as I have seen and met deaf people, but very seldom is the poor soul who is both blind and deaf. I wonder what is going through that little girl’s mind. To be unable to see or hear means that she probably has great difficulty trying to communicate, even with Naseru, who she has known for so many years. That must be so frustrating. The poor child…”

Zhin’s expression changed only slightly when Naseru asked her another question.
“He seems suspicious. I suppose that adopted children are nearly the same as real children, and so it’s a father being protective of his little girl. Given how defenseless this Kozue girl seems, I would not be surprised. Although… perhaps he just does not want her growing up? Can a blind and deaf girl even fully leave home without some sort of eyes and ears as guidance?”

It was a concept that thoroughly intrigued and amused Zhin, and she wanted to learn more about their relationship, and how Kozue functioned. She was therefore not afraid to explain why she was inquisitive.
“I am only curious,” she answered politely, “extremely curious, to be honest. I have never seen a case like this before, and I admit that it interests me greatly—perhaps even more than what I came here originally for. But… if that is not my business, I will politely step away, and stick to asking more about the basic forms of the bending disciplines.”

“Too often I come off as someone mysterious or secretive, and that is not my intent-not here, at least. I can be completely open with this man, especially around a subject so precious to him like his daughter. Her situation enthralls me. I want to see how well she handles herself. I want to learn what she is capable of, and how she does it. This is the types of untapped prowess that we as humanity could learn from, in my opinion. I hope to see great things from Kozue.”
She nodded respectfully and waited to see how Naseru would react to what she had just said.

Mood: Fascinated
Link:

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:14 am

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru nodded. "Ah... House Lyautey. They have lived in Fire Fountain for centuries, aye?"
after the answer (or even if he did not receive one), he continued.
He could tell that Zhin had taken great interest in Kozue. It alarmed him to an extent, but that was just how he was when anyone took interest in the child. She was a peculiar little creature, and was not really suited to live on her own, which was why Naseru had no qualms against letting her remain with him.

He felt a bit relieved when Zhin stated that she was only curious.
"She leaves me a curious man just as well." he agreed, "If you wish to know about her, all you need to do is ask. I will let you know about her within reasonable limits. You almost seem more interested in her than in what you came here originally for. If that is what you wish to learn... perhaps I can first begin a bit with what Kozue does and does not know. She is not entirely helpless for one thing, although she might act like it. Whatever the case, Lady Lyautey, the choice is yours..."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin nodded. “We have lived in it long enough that our ancestors remember when it was called North Chung-Ling. You might say that we are quite the regulars there.”
“I have nothing to hide, and I do not bend truth just as I do not bend elements. I am who I am, and I am anything but ashamed of it.”
Her lack of ability to bend elements had never bothered Zhin, even though her parents had both been extremely powerful firebenders. There had been times when she had heard her parents say that sometimes they had hoped that she would one day produce fire, but that day never came. Luckily, they always appreciated the talents that Zhin did possess, which had the young girl grow up with a good sense of self-esteem, knowing that her parents did not wish her any different. Perhaps this was how Naseru felt about Kozue. Despite the fact that the little girl could neither see nor hear, that Naseru loved her all the same—just how despite that Zhin could not bend, her parents had always loved her.

Zhin pondered her options for a moment.
“my curiosity for the child is great.” she mused, “although in the long run, I doubt my knowledge of the child would get me farther in life. Still… children are one of those things that I have trouble resisting the urge to learn more about, especially when one is here so innocent and pure.”

“Well,” she suggested, “I would like to learn a little of both, but I suppose my curiosity would never leave me alone if I did not say in honesty that I wish to learn about the child if possible. Do not feel the need to tell me anything you do not wish to share. I just wish to know a little bit about her. How does she hold herself? How does she communicate? Does she know you? Basic questions like those are the ones which I am looking for answers to at the moment. If you are tight on time, I can come back. I am here without any set schedule.”
She paused for a moment so that it did not seem that she was just babbling on and on incessantly while Naseru stared in awkward confusion. Zhin simply had a lot of explaining she wished to do, and wanted to make sure that her points got across clearly.

“I give in.” she told herself, “curiosity, you win this time, and we will learn a bit about this little girl hopefully. Perhaps it might enlighten me. I wonder if she uses some sort of bending-related sense like an earthbender would, or if she is even a firebender at all. Does she use it? Naseru… I hope you have much to tell me, for I admit to being greedy for this information…”
Mood: Very Fascinated
Link:

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru nodded. "Always nice to see someone with a long and proud heritage." he approved, "I respect that."
He did, and was not trying to flatter her or anything by saying so.
He listened to her as she asked questions about Kozue. his glance (as well as hers sometimes, he noticed) sometimes went towards the child, for she was an amusing creature even to him.

"You know the old saying, right?" he explained after a while, "the one that talks about losing a sense? Apparently when you lose one sense, your remaining ones get heightened. in Kozue's case, she is missing two senses, and so she has the nose of a Shirshu, and is extremely hypersensitive. It is because of this that she knows me. She recognizes me by the way I smell, and probably has already picked up your scent."

He paused for a moment to straighten a stack of papers.
"She holds herself surprisingly well, though she sniffs the air a lot, and reacts rather dramatically when the air smells foul. She and I communicate through various patterns we trace in each other's hands. She also sometimes acts out what she wants to tell me. it all depends."
he stood up, gently tapping Kozue on the shoulder and taking her hand to stand her on her feet. He then turned to Zhin.

"If you want to introduce yourself, just gently take her hand and shake it. Don't shake it too hard or it might startle her. The choice is yours."
he waited to see if Zhin would do this or not.
"Oh," he added, "and as for what I actually teach, I can share that with you whenever you wish it, be it today, tomorrow, or another time."

Link:

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin’s mind went into hyperdrive as she began processing numerous thoughts, most of them were about what Naseru had just explained to her.
“Hypersensitivity… a keen nose. If she had some way to see or hear, she wouldn’t actually need her eyes or ears. Perhaps this is why Naseru keeps her so close. Someone has to be her eyes and ears for her. I wonder if she will figure out a way around that. I do not wish to speak ill of Naseru, for what he is doing is very selfless for her. I wonder what originally drove him to do it. I wonder what she thinks about it? I wonder how many thoughts she keeps bottled in because she does not know or does not have a way to convey them…Zhin stop it. You are overthinking again, and muttering to yourself.”
She caught herself, and glanced up at Naseru, hoping that he had not heard her.
“I apologize.” She blushed, “I got carried away in my own thoughts and started babbling, I think. Aye, I will introduce myself to her. As for my original intent, keep that thought, if you do not mind. I would definitely like to come back to it.”

She did not expect that she would spend too much more time learning about Kozue, but then again, that had surprised her when she first came this way. Kozue’s very existence had intrigued Zhin, and she did not know why. Perhaps it was the way she made up for her lack of one ability by having other abilities. If that was the case, Zhin could definitely relate—making up for her lack of a bending ability by turning into a fully competent fighter with her bare fists.
That reminded her of one more question she had.
“Master Naseru,” She asked as she slowly extended her hand towards the younger girl, “Kozue… does she bend at all?”
She clearly looked very Fire Nation in appearance just as Zhin did, but her eyes were completely white. There was no trace of any color in them except a light shade of grey. They were somewhat entrancing.
“I have noticed that blind people always have the prettiest eyes.” she pondered, “it is almost a shame that of all people, they can never see how beautiful their own eyes are. Kozue is a very pretty little girl. People like her deserve to see how beautiful they are the most, in my honest opinion.”

Zhin gently took Kozue’s hand in hers, gently shaking it, careful not to be too hard as not to frighten the little girl. She waited to see how Kozue—and Naseru for that matter, would react.

Mood: Very Fascinated
Link:

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 am

Naseru & Kozue

Kozue's little glazed eyes widened a bit as Zhin took her little hand. as Zhin began to shake it, Kozue smiled, and added her own shaking in as well. she took well to meeting this lady with the pretty hands. curiously, she brought her other hand forward, and both her little hands were holding onto Zhin's hand, softly caressing it as if to feel around its smooth, warm features.

"She is interested in you," Naseru explained, this not being the first time Kozue did something like this. "she may rub your hand against her face, and might touch it with her lips. She learns about things by feeling them, and so if that makes you uncomfortably, just slowly pull your hand away. She is not a very vocal child."
the entire time, Kozue had remained entirely quiet, softly feeling along Zhin's right hand. her fingers wandered over the palm and the opposite surface, touching Zhin's fingers. they slid up her hand until they touched the hem of her sleeve, where they stopped for a moment. Zhin would have plenty of time to pull her hand away if she wanted.

"And aye, by the way." Naseru added, "she is a firebender... a very strong one, although I am not sure how much she recognizes her own capabilities. She is a very interesting case study indeed."
There was much to learn about human behavior, as well as bending disciplines, from Kozue herself, and that was part of the reason Naseru still held her in such great interest and kept her close. There was no telling what sort of things she knew without figuring out a way to communicate with her.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin did not move as Kozue caressed her hand. She could see in the girl’s eyes an aura of analyticism that she totally admired.
“how interesting and trying it must be to be unable to see or hear,” Zhin thought to herself, “to go through life having to sense and feel everything around you. I wonder what goes through her mind when she does this? If she cannot communicate easily, she must keep so much bottled in. I wonder what she is thinking, and what she is thinking about me, for that matter. Is she aware of my facial expressions? Is she aware of the ones that she is making?”

Zhin nodded to acknowledge Naseru’s comment. She glanced back at Kozue and watched her hand get analyzed by the little girl. For a kid with such glazed eyes, she seemed to be instinctively focusing them despite being blind, or so Zhin thought. “She’s okay.” She smiled over at Naseru. Kozue’s touch was gentle, and the little girl’s hands were just as soft as well. She felt a certain warmth that she recognized as the warmth of Fire Nation heritage… or perhaps a bender even.

Her hypothesis was soon answered, and suddenly Zhin’s mind went into overdrive. When Kozue paused, Zhin did not move her hand at all. She found a certain amusement in watching how fascinated little Kozue was, even though she did not understand what was so fascinating. Surely her hand had not been the first one Kozue had touched like that—or even the second, if one counted Naseru.

“This suddenly explains the energy I am feeling in her. She feels very powerful, but I cannot tell how much of that ability she has tapped into. I am no expert. If she is not very aware of her firebending, then what is running through her mind? She seems a very simple child, but she does not look stupid. If anything, she seems extremely aware. Perhaps I am going off on a random tangent with this, but someone with such keen remaining senses and firebending abilities cannot be too mentally impaired. How much does Naseru even know about her then?”

“So how aware are you of her intelligence?” she asked Naseru curiously. “She seems like a very bright little girl. Obviously she’s on the quiet side, but she seems very alert and lively.”
“She does look very healthy. If I had to guess I would say she was born this way, as opposed to losing these senses through some illness or ailment.”
“For that matter, can she talk?” Zhin doubted it, or assumed that Kozue would have extremely slurred speech, since she was unable to hear what she said, and so far, Kozue had not emitted even a peep. She turned towards Naseru, as curious as ever, waiting for answers.

Mood: Very Curious
Link:

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:54 am

Naseru & Kozue

Just as Naseru had warned, Kozue began softly kissing Zhin's hand, mainly because the lips were sensitive areas, and Kozue was a very touchy-feely person because of her lack of vision and hearing. Naseru noticed, and decided to say something.

"Feel free to pull your hand away if it starts to bother you. She is obviously just curious."
Otherwise he quietly watched the two young ladies in front of him. They were both the very deeply analytical types, and he could tell that they were analyzing each other in their own unique ways. Naseru smiled, admiring the way Zhin's mind worked.
She had lots of questions, which Naseru had answers for in most cases.

"She is a very smart girl. I am not sure how much she knows that she is not telling us, but she has a unique sense of brilliance that makes me admire her. However, she cannot talk. She can make noise, as you might have noticed earlier, but since she is deaf, she can't actually hear words or understand them obviously."

Kozue's hand pulled back, and she suddenly threw her arms around Zhin, nearly jumping into her arms. Naseru's eyes widened.
"Oh... and that just means she likes you." he chuckled as Kozue stepped back, giggling playfully.

Link:

[
Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin nodded at Naseru to acknowledge what he had said, but she did not pull her hand back, and instead let Kozue’s lips caress its smooth, warm surface. It did confuse Zhin a little, but any time something confused Zhin, she just put her mind to work on analyzing the heck out of it to figure it out.

“one’s lips are one of the more sensitive places on the body, and so if this child is truly that hypersensitive, perhaps this is giving her the best ‘look’ at me. I do not mind it. It feels funny, and perhaps a bit flattering, but this girl is in no way my inferior, nor I her superior. This is an act of curiosity, not an act of reverence. It is no matter. I prefer being treated as an equal.”

“It is not bothering me at all.” She replied to Naseru’s remark, chuckling lightly. It was different, that was for sure, but it was not different or awkward enough to bother Zhin. In fact, it was the fact that it was not an act of compliment or flattery that kept Zhin from blushing. She did not handle such remarks with the confidence in which she handled others. She definitely appreciated them of course, like any other normal person would; she was just not used to them.
“In fact,” she added, “I appreciate a good strong sense of curiosity in a person, especially one that is so limited in conventional ways to learn of the world. I respect that. Kozue is an admirable little girl.”

She nodded once again upon hearing Naseru’s explanation.
“while it makes perfect sense why she cannot talk, it is still a shame. I wonder if she will be able to learn later in her life. There are always ways. It simply takes a determined resolve, sometimes stronger than others, depending on the person and place. I wonder how much this girl wishes that she could share with those she loves, but that she is unable to because of the communication barrier. Alas, I suppose that it is beyond my realm of abilities myself.”

When Kozue had nearly tackle-hugged Zhin, she had stood firm. While she was a tall and slender figure, Kozue was tiny and petite, and her little frame was not enough to knock Zhin over. Instead, she wrapped her arms around the little girl for a moment before letting her go as she pulled back with the most adorable little smile on her face. Zhin’s heart nearly melted.

“Well…” she smiled at Naseru, and then back at Kozue even though the latter could probably not see it, “I like her too. She is clever and curious. Those are personality traits that I deeply respect and admire.”

Link:

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:37 pm

[oy. sorry I didn't see this sooner, and sorry it's so short]

Naseru & Kozue

Naseru smiled. "it's the curious ones that always turn out to be the smart ones, yes?"
surely Zhin would agree, given that she seemed very curious, and to Naseru, also very intelligent. He liked that in a person, that was for sure. if Zhin decided to take tips from him, Naseru knew that she would be an excellent student and learner.

Naseru found the whole scene where Kozue hugged Zhin to be a cute one.
"I am glad that the two of you will get along then." he smiled, "especially since she is with me so often."
Other than being with Naseru, Kozue would sometimes go to the Fire Nation with his friends Tarek and Sanaki, and their family. She was living with them more and more, and so it was not a great amount of time likely before Naseru might no longer be able to say that. whatever the case, it was true at the moment.

"So... with that said, was there something you wished to learn from me?

Link:

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:18 am

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin smiled after hearing Naseru’s remark. She liked it when she was called curious, and enjoyed it even moreso when she was complimented for it.
“Curiosity is the mother of creation. It is what brought the Fire Nation into the state of technological grandeur that it was in during the 100-year War. While such things can easily be manipulated or misused, that is certainly not my intent at all. I do not wish to emulate the Fire Nation of old, nor do I hope anyone else does either. Those were terrible times indeed.”

Zhin patted Kozue’s back gently during the hug, to show that she was a friendly woman. Normally she would just say such a thing with a polite tone, and it would work, for Zhin was also an honest woman. However, for a girl who could neither see, her, nor speak, she had to find alternate ways of communications that she hoped the youngling would understand.

“I really like this child’s company, and Naseru is a noble man for taking care of her for so long. I do not know why my mind is wandering so much onto this child, but she has nearly made me forget why I came here. I can learn more techniques later, and hopefully at a time where he is not with Kozue. It is certainly not to say that I do not like the two together—simply that I get sidetracked by how well a blind and deaf girl handles herself the way Kozue does. It amuses and intrigues me to no end.”

“I admit that there is,” she said in response to Naseru’s inquiry, “But at the same time, it looks like you are wrapping up here and preparing to go home. I would obviously not expect such things tonight. I admit that your little girl here has taken almost all of my attention. I should come see you when she is not so close as to steal attention from me.”

She paused for a moment. “Know that I do not mean that to be ruse in any possible way.” She added, “she is beautiful, and she is clever, and perhaps the combination of the two things is what intrigues me most. I admit that I am still interested in knowledge, particularly in gaining some of it from you, but it may have to be at a later time. I apologize in advance if I have wasted your time.”

She gave a respectful bow, and then could not help herself, and walked towards Kozue and gave her a gentle little hug. She looked up and smiled at Naseru, hoping that he would understand. After all, Zhin too had a soft spot for cute children, even if the ‘child’ in question was actually 18 years old.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Naseru
Naseru

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:25 am

Naseru & Kozue

Seeing the two get along so well made Naseru's heart smile. He too had a soft spot for children, which was why he had adopted Kozue in the first place. Now to see her changing from a little girl into a woman made his heart flutter a bit.

Baseru chuckled. "no offense take or anything either, Lady Zhin." he smiled. "I was indeed getting ready to leave, but I can stay as long as you need me to. If you wish to learn from me without Kozue being with me, that is fine. it will just be harder to do. Then again, maybe her presence is not so bad."

he put his hands together. "I will almost always be here if you need me, and if not I will be at this address." he handed her a slip of paper giving the location of his residence. "Do not hesitate to find me again should you wish to take up the old offer... or even just to see Kozue again."

he stood up and shook Zhin's hand. "farewell."
This of course, was assuming that she was going to leave, since she very much looked like that was exactly what she was going to do.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]   Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Places to Go, but No People to See [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1