The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of All The Places To Stop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gao
Gao

EXP : 8

Of All The Places To Stop Empty
PostSubject: Of All The Places To Stop   Of All The Places To Stop EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Gao

"Hup!" A young man called to his two legged steed as he pulled upon its reins, bringing it to a halt from its otherwise impressive stride as it stopped before the town's walls. Having briefly caught sight of it from afar as he came over the hill, he found its architecture... surprisingly out of place. Whatever it was, it was almost certainly not an Earth Kingdom town... or at least, not built by them.
"Well, its getting dark anyway..." Gao muttered to himself, figuring that regardless of the circumstances, he had to find somewhere to stay for the night...

Though as he entered on in, one clawed foot rising as the other fell, he could not help but wonder if anyone here was going to get any sleep tonight.
"What the..." Looking upwards and around as he proceeded to hear the lively music as opposed to the wildlife outside, Gao began to realise just how much red there was here.
"W-Where am I? Whats going on here?!" He yelled aloud, looking around in confusion, though a passerby took notice.
"Welcome to the Fire Days Festival. Need in town?"
"F-Fire Days?! Why would you be celebrating something... that... I think... Well it comes from the Fire Nation, right?!" Pointing an accusing finger at the man only got Gao a few blinks for his trouble, and then a haughty laughter.

"Well of course it does, this is a former colony after all. But even if we now fly the flag of the Earth Kingdom, we celebrate our cultural roots. Not losing sight of the past, you know?" And with that, the man was off, leaving a stunned Gao just sitting there on his mount. Well... he could understand not forgetting the past...
And so he rode on, picking up some of the free food as he went around looking for a good show to see.

Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy
Link: Gao's Bio

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

EXP : 2875

Character Description
Position: Assassin
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Of All The Places To Stop   Of All The Places To Stop EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Daichi

Daichi was beginning the most tedious stage of his cycle: finding a target. The young assassin was finally starting work once again, after an extended holiday. Of course, he needed a client. Daichi had almost perfected his art, but he could not change the fact that finding a potential client was a difficult job indeed. It required a certain eye, and a great deal of conversational skill. Daichi had never been very good at the latter, but he somehow always managed to fight through and get to the bone of the conversation. More often than not, he was wrong, and the person was simply irritated. However, the were a few occasions where his hunch paid off.

Daichi's search had brought him to a small former Fire Nation colony he believed he'd passed through once before. Though he had a hard time telling the difference between one colony and another. It seemed this particular town was in the middle of a sort of festival uncharacteristically, Daichi grinned, festivals were wonderful for someone in his position. The dancers and performers were a helpful distraction, meaning it was much easier for him to strike. Furthermore if he was spotted, the crowds were always a convenient mask.

It so happened that Daichi was in the center of this celebration. Sitting under a gazebo, surrounded by brightly clad folk almost dressed entirely in red, he scanned the square. He was searching for someone out of place, and his eyes had developed a knack for finding just that type of person. After some time, he set eyes on an odd young fellow, it was apparent from his clothing that he didn't fit in, and from the look on the boy's face after a conversation, he seemed rather confused. Daichi decided the boy was not the type of person he needed, but decided to go take a look anyway. The assassin somehow doubted there was going to be much else to do, if there was one thing he'd learnt in his travels, it was that everyone deserved a second chance.

So, Daichi lifted himself out of his seat, and stepped into the writhing mess of citizens. A moment later he slid out once again, this time on the opposite side. Now, he was much closer to the lad, who was trotting about on his Ostrich Horse. Daichi a moment to get into character, and approached. "Hello, stranger!" He shouted, in the friendliest way possible. "You seem lost, may I be of any assistance?"

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Gao
Gao

PostSubject: Re: Of All The Places To Stop   Of All The Places To Stop EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Gao

"Here boy... You've earnt it." Gao muttered as he lightly stroked the back of his steed's neck, and lightly held an apple before its beak. It seemed to chomp a few times merrily before it, having reduced the fruit to a manageable size, swallowed the whole thing down. The small smile on Gao's face however quickly disappeared as someone called out to him. Acting on instinct, the boy's hands took ahold of the staff that had been momentarily made to lean on the Ostrich Horse as Gao fed it, and soon held it out in the direction of the stranger...
And soon Gao realised, much to his shame, that there had been no reason to turn his weapon like that.
"D-Don't sneak up on someone like that. Especially someone who's clearly not from around here." Clearly? He was wearing red about as much as anyone else...

"But if you're offering help... I need directions to a good earthbending school. And a military academy. And if there might a region of dissent in the Earth Kingdom, that might also be of use to me." ...
"...Though I suppose somewhere to stay the night should be the first thing on the list." Oi vey, this might be a handful.

Mood: Confused

Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

EXP : 2875

Character Description
Position: Assassin
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Of All The Places To Stop   Of All The Places To Stop EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Daichi

At his words, an odd, completely alien thought hit Daichi: what if he were to become a teacher? He'd been becoming increasingly unsatisfied with himself lately. Perhaps he'd grown a conscience? A conscience he had no doubt took the form of a cheerful airbender girl. The problem lay in that Dai had never been able to quite conceive of what he wanted to do with himself aside from what he'd been raised to do. After all, he'd never been trained in anything aside from how to be an assassin. However, the lad's request had given him an incredibly bright idea. He had been taught to Earthbend, and he'd been taught very well indeed. Surely he simply had to replicate his father's teaching technique, how hard could it be?

He snapped back to reality, inspecting Gao. The best thing was, he had a someone to test his technique out on right in front of him! Furthermore, his little guinea pig may be desperate. Daichi had been involved in numerous 'uprisings', including the one lead by the current Fire Lord. As such, he'd developed a keen taste for the rebellious types, and this stranger's search of unrest was certainly suspicious. Smoothly, Daichi began to speak "Well, I'm not aware of many Earthbending schools, but I happen to be an earthbender myself, and I was trained by the best. I can't say i'm exactly a master, but i'm pretty close. And i'll give you the first lesson for free! So, how about it, stranger?" He offered a hand.

Mood: Hopeful

Back to top Go down
Gao
Gao

PostSubject: Re: Of All The Places To Stop   Of All The Places To Stop EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Gao

Listening to the man's words, Gao's expression rose and fell with each development in the conversation, the boy clearly hanging onto each word. Eventually, at the offer, Gao's face lit up in a widening smile, tossing his staff into his other hand before extending the one nearest to the stranger.
"I can't refuse that! I don't have much coin, but if the first lesson is good, then I'll work to gain as much as I can to learn!" He needed this man's services, and so there was no point in skimping out on the money. Besides, compared to the fortune that came with ruling a kingdom? This would be pittance in the long run.

"My name is Gao. And what of you, teacher?" Gao asked, leaping from his ostrich-horse.

Mood: Also Hopeful

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of All The Places To Stop   Of All The Places To Stop Empty

Back to top Go down

Of All The Places To Stop
Page 1 of 1