The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Meeting of Multiple Cultures

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

EXP : 1575
Birthday : 1990-04-09

Character Description
Position: Artist; Architect
Nation: Fire Nation

The Meeting of Multiple Cultures Empty
PostSubject: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Zhin Lyautey

The Water Tribes had always beckoned to Zhin during her early years, but now that she was actually going to pay one a visit, she was excited. She had had this same excitement when she had set foot in part of the Earth Kingdom for the first time. She would probably have that same excitement any time she went somewhere new.
It did not take a genius to figure out that colder temperatures would prevail the farther south they got. However, Zhin simply donned a trenchcoat and was set. She might add some gloves if it was cold enough, but otherwise, she always wore pants, boots, and long sleeves (and a jacket under her trenchcoat), and so she was set for the cold.

The skies were blue and grey as the boat began dodging the large chunks of rock and ice as it cut through the deep blue southern waters. Being rather wealthy, Zhin travelled to the Tribes in style, and was wondering what it would be like.
“This is the birthplace of Avatar Zulera,” she mused, “and her clan. The Water Tribes are a resoundingly resilient people who have survived many wars. There was a time when they were the only free nation in the world, in fact, and even though the Southern Tribe was this close to extinction, they have rebounded and flourished. I wonder what it is like.”

She would soon find out. The icy tundras of a massive island soon began to come into view, and as they drew nearer and nearer to it, Zhin began to make out the various cities that dotted the region. Most notable was the centerpiece city, which was probably the Southern Water Tribe Capital. This was going to be her stop, since a few more of the cities seemed a bit more inland. The lights from the cities were glowing as twilight came upon them, and as evening fell, Zhin’s ship arrived at the port.

She disembarked and looked around. “There is so much blue.” She observed, noting the color of the ice, the people, the buildings, and what little color there was left in the blackening skies and waters. She glanced up and saw the moon begin to climb into the sky, and glanced around. Even in the evening, the Southern port was fairly busy. It was not as large or as busy as the ports in Fire Fountain or Caldera, but those were also much larger and much more industrial cities.
After looking around for a moment, she came to a realization—she did not know where she was going to stay. This would not likely present a problem to her, but for the moment, she was stranded.
For her… this just meant that she was about to embark on another adventure.

Mood: Excited
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

EXP : 675
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Waterbender
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

Akiyo was happily patrolling the docks, his daughter Chiyo by his side, sketching the landscape around with a piece of charcoal between her gloved fingers. Eventually she grumbled to herself, flipping a page and beginning to scribble anew. Akiyo merely chuckled; Chiyo was a perfectionist, and not one to believe in erasers, and she tended to restart something if she messed it up.

"It isn't funny!" She insisted upon hearing her father's laugh. Akiyo merely put a gloved hand over his mouth, still chuckling, his other hand holding the staff. Chiyo looked up as the sky began to darken. She shot her father another disgruntled look, her brow crumpled with distaste.

"You're just like your mother, such a perfectionist. Can't appreciate mistakes in their natural beauty," Akiyo commented when seeing the look, still laughing faintly. The two were past the point of becoming pain filled when she was mentioned, instead looking back on fond memories with smiles.

"Yes, well, at least my work is never sloppy!" Chiyo snapped back, although she was still in a good humor. These apparent arguments were just ways of the two showing their affection for one another. Chiyo looked up at the darkening sky, tucking her sketchbook into her pocket and folding her hands into the sleeves of her parka, looking like quite the lady now.

"You finish your rounds; I'll go start up dinner. Make sure you're home within the next two hours, or it'll be cold, and I'm not heating it up again," she scolded; her father, despite appearing otherwise, was also a perfectionist and stayed out well past his rounds to ensure the safety of the Tribe.

Akiyo nodded, watching her as she walked away, disappearing around the corner. The streets went from darkened to well lit as the lanterns were all turned on, an automatic invention activated from the Blue Palace, home of Chief Renayu. Akiyo continued walking down the dock, greeting new comers just getting into port.

Until, that is, someone caught his eye. A woman dressed in a trenchcoat with wavy black tresses, looking around as the moon began its ascend to above them. He watched her glance up at it as he felt his own energies replenishing with the moon's arrival--the day had indeed taken its toll on him, and he delighted in the moonlight. The silver-gray beams struck many places, falling on one side of her face; Akiyo tilted his head, looking at her curiously for another second before realizing that he was just standing there.

He walked forward, unsure of what he was doing, only knowing that he wanted to at least welcome her to the 'Tribe before she disappeared into the vast icy tundra. His movements flowed into each other, looking like water himself as he came near her, although not too close as he was a respectful fellow.

"Do you need some assistance, miss?" he asked curiously, delighting in the fact that his position as co-head warrior gave him an opening to speak to her. He gave her a small bow, as was customary--normally those of the 'Tribes clasped forearms, but she was not from here. This much he knew. She was most likely from the Earth Kingdom or the Fire Nation. "Akiyo Tenshi, at your service," he said as he straightened.

Up close, her eyes were green. His electric blue ones met hers for only a moment before he looked at the moon again, hoping to the spirits that he wasn't making too much of a fool of himself. It wasn't that he was awkward or didn't know how to speak and address women--it was more that this one was so different, so completely unique from every person he'd ever seen, he was slightly flustered. It was as if she were a rare, glorious creature that might turn tail and disappear if he made the wrong move.

Chiyo Tenshi
Mood: Calm
Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:45 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin began to ponder what her next plan of action would be from here, and she almost began muttering to herself as she did so.
“It is not like I lack money, or that there are no inns in the area. This place may be cold, but it is far from hostile, unless you count the weather in winter and spring. The people are generally friendly enough, and many are rooted in their traditions just as the Fire Nation is, including myself. With that in mind, getting along with people should not be hard either.”
Zhin was not strapped for cash by any means either, and so she really had no problem. She was simply wasting time gazing up at the night sky for a moment. The smaller settlements and dimmer lights made the sky look filled with stars. Or… perhaps it was just devoid of a flame-spewing statue in the City Center. Whatever the case, Zhin enjoyed it. It was chilly as was naturally expected, but it was not super-cold, and so Zhin left her trenchcoat undone, and her hands exposed. Besides, the jacket she always wore was done up too.

Her attention was diverted when a voice, male sounding, called out to her. She swiveled her head in his direction, sending a mass of wavy strands behind her face, where some whipped up and tickled her chin. She returned the bow, figuring that it was a custom in the Tribes. It was slightly different from the one they did in the Fire Nation, but that was to be expected.
“I am simply trying to figure out where to stay.” She confessed in truth, knowing that the locals would probably know this place the best, and perhaps have some pointers on where to go or where to avoid. “I have plenty of time and money, so that is hardly the issue. I was also admittedly stopping to look at and enjoy the world around me. Does business of some sort bring you here?”

“Perhaps a silly question, but I needed some way to ask what he was doing here. Perhaps he is on patrol, or was going to the docks to take a ship of his own somewhere. I am wondering what brought him my way… I suppose I will find out.”

“My name is…” she paused, noticing his eyes as he looked into hers.
“Zhin,” she caught herself, “Zhin Suzume Lyautey. I am visiting the Water Tribes from my home town of Fire Fountain City.”
She had already explained what she was doing and what she was looking for, so she saw no need to repeat it. There was something about this man… something curious… that had her enticed, however. She knew that she was not about to fall madly in love with him, but perhaps he had been drawn to her for her own beauty? He would not have been the first, but he was one of the few, if not the only, one to approach her for the sake of helping her, instead of for the sake of checking her out or trying to eye her behind without her noticing (which she always did).

She waited for answers as she always did when she asked questions, and her face remained gentle and calm.
Mood: Curious
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

When she turned to look at him, Akiyo was taken off-guard. He had seen she was beautiful, but with those bright green eyes scrutinizing him, he couldn't help but feel out-of-place in his own skin. “I am simply trying to figure out where to stay.” Came a confession; a small smile broke across his lips. “I have plenty of time and money, so that is hardly the issue. I was also admittedly stopping to look at and enjoy the world around me. Does business of some sort bring you here?” She continued, then asking her own question.

"Well, we have many beautiful places to reside; the locals are friendly to open their doors, and the inns are usually clean and respectable." Akiyo answered then decided to comment on her decision to enjoy the world. "You and I enjoy doing the same then; my daughter doesn't like to stop and smell the roses often, as she's driven, but I like taking my time with things. And yes, actually; I was on a patrol, as I'm co-head warrior of the 'Tribe," he finished, smiling when mentioning his daughter.

“My name is…Zhin. Zhin Suzume Lyautey. I am visiting the Water Tribes from my home town of Fire Fountain City.” She then provided; Akiyo took three seconds to analyze the pause she gave when they caught eyes. He looked at hers again now; green, like pine trees.

"Ah. I once visited the Fire Nation; far too hot for my liking. Can you firebend? What drives you to travel? Why did you choose the Water Tribes of all places to go?" Akiyo answered, question after question spilling out of his mouth without his will. He eventually managed to get a hold of his own mouth, and stopped himself before making a huge fool of himself.

Chiyo Tenshi
Mood: Cooking

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin’s cheeks took a very slight tinge of pink when she realized that she had made him lose his guard a little. She did not think that he had suddenly been stricken with her beauty. She got heads to turn, but she did not think that it had gone that far. Whatever the case, she managed to hide it fairly well.
As usual, she was attentive when she received the answer to her question. She mentally noted each thing he said, especially when he began talking about the Southern Water Tribe.
“it is as hospitable as I assumed it would be then.” she smiled as she thought, “the reputation was not a false flag like I had postulated. Frankly… that is good—very good.”

“There is an art to some things.” Zhin agreed, “and as much as we sometimes get caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life, there is so much beauty all around us that there are times when it is worth it to just lean back and take it all in.”
She took a deep breath of the crisp, cold air, and smiled again. “I would like to meet your daughter while I am here.” She replied. He had mentioned that the locals were often friendly enough to open their doors, and she wondered if that was the case with him. She did not feel that it was polite to ask him, however, as they had only just met. If he offered, however, she would graciously accept.

“It seems they also ensure to give the respectable people then positions of power. He is Head Warrior here? I would likely have appointed someone similar if I were Tribal Chief, though I know that that is not even close to possible.”
After she gave her name, his eyes met hers, for her mouth dropped only slightly, a blush again forming on her cheeks, which she hoped he did not see under the moonlight. He was definitely not hard on the eyes. Then again, there was a quote that circulated among some folks of the world that more or less implied that everyone from the Water Tribes was, had been, or would be attractive. So far, Zhin could not disagree with what she had seen (since she had also seen citizens of the tribe at the docks when she had disembarked).

She was brought back around after he started asking her questions—several of them, in fact. However, all of them were things she was willing to answer.
“It does get plenty of heat, but it cools off if you know the right places to go or if you are okay with taking a dip in the ocean. It is a pretty place in different ways than the poles though. I came here to see what life was like down here. I came for the people, the culture, the location, the climate, and everything in between. I am a curious woman by nature as well.”
She paused for a moment, and when he had mentioned firebending, she had thought of her parents.
“I am not a bender of any sort, but I had long, rigorous combat and defense training in my youth, muchb of which I still practice. How about you? A waterbender, I presume?”
She kept her tone polite, for that was how he had treated her. Neither one was trying necessarily to impress the other. It was just polite, friendly conversation. Still… Zhin’s curiosity wanted to get to know him more, as well as his daughter.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:57 am

Akiyo Tenshi

Akiyo nodded as she spoke; it was as though she were reading his own views from his mind and repeating them, releasing them into the air. He noted the smile, and the small bit of pink; they made he himself break into an easy smile as he relaxed just a bit. A cold breeze caused him to shiver, and he looked up as clouds drifted over the stars and snow began to lightly fall, sprinkling the already icy area.

He didn't comment on it, instead listening intently so as not to miss a word of what she said. Meeting his daughter? He chuckled lightly; "Well...judging from how early the snow is beginning to fall, and the fact that she's at home cooking dinner provides an excellent place for you to meet her and for us to continue conversation--if you are comfortable with it, of course."

She spoke again, after a blush; the moonlight managed to hide it mostly, but he still caught it peeking out from the edges of her cheekbones. It made him smile. "Oh, yes, we have plenty of people, culture and climate--it's fairly beautiful here. As for curiosity, you and I should get along rather fondly; my daughter likes to chide me, telling me that I'm more curious than a four year old and that it's going to get me in trouble." Akiyo chuckled, finally easing back into his own skin, revealing a bit more of his personality through it.

He then looked at her curiously; a nonbender? Well, he could definitely see it in her; he liked this, for some reason. It seemed that everyone now took their gifts for granted--he also liked the fact that she was a regular practitioner of combat and defense. She then asked a question, which Akiyo knew would come up at some point; "A waterbender myself, yes; my daughter, on the other hand, is an earthbender, as you seem so curious about her. Her name is Chiyo." Akiyo said, blinking twice as he spoke to get rid of some of the snowflakes that were now accumulating at a rapid rate, sprinkling he and Zhin fairly; he watched as they began catching in her dark tresses and on her nose.

Were he not so respectful of someone's personal space or shy around this foreigner, he probably would have went and brushed some of the snow off of her cheekbones. Instead, he simply shook his head a little, letting a few snowflakes fall to shoulders or down to the ground. They were fluffy and powdery, and packed into a nice snowball when the occasion came up. He took a second to wonder how she was warm; the parkas of the South kept you nice and toasty, and it didn't seem that the little trenchcoat could do much in comparison. "Are you warm enough?" he found himself asking.

Chiyo Tenshi

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:29 am

Zhin Lyautey

The air was getting a bit nippier, but Zhin did not want to come off as weak to this cold. Besides, while she was not a firebender, it was something that ran in her blood, and there was a bit of natural warmth that flowed through her body, keeping her warmer while wearing less. It was never an excuse for her to dress anything short of modest, but it was the reason she did not often bundle up a great deal. Still… she was beginning to wish she had pulled out her gloves. But… for now that could not be helped.

She smiled. “If you are offering, I would be glad to.” She replied, “And I will be pleased to help in whatever way I can, or compensate your family in some way in return for the favor.”
She was not trying to suck up or trying to do anything but return a favor. If it ended up being as simple as paying a sum of money as if it were a hotel room, then so be it, but if they insisted that she not repay them, she would not give up so easily either. She would worry about that when the time came though.
“I have to applaud that kind of generosity. Friends and acquaintances sometimes stop at our estate, but for someone to let an individual who is more or less a total stranger, and a foreigner no less—into his home means that this is definitely a close-knit people. I like it.”

Zhin chuckled lightly. “Then I suppose I would be as curious as a three-year-old. After all… it is my curiosity that brought me here, and it is probably why I will stay here a while.” She chuckled. “whatever the case, thank you again for your hospitality. My respect is not easily given, but it definitely goes out to the respectable type such as yourself.” She smiled, her blush having dissolved.

“This snow is really beginning to come down. Goodness, I hope I do not catch something.”
She shook some snow off of her hair, sending it flowing in one direction and then the next.
“Multicultural family then,” she smiled, “I always thought that would be interesting… a mix of such traditions. I hope that the both of you are happy and well. I am from a long line of firebender stock, so I do not have much mixture in my blood yet.”
She smiled politely though, to show that she took neither side, per se.

“I…” she paused when he asked her if she was warm enough. “perhaps I dressed slightly too lightly.” She cooed, “I would like to see the warmth of your home then if you are willing to lead the way.” She was not in any painful danger, or even any danger of freezing, but the air did have a bite to it that nipped her exposed hands and face. Hopefully they would be able to solve her problem soon enough and get back to Akiyo’s hut for the evening. From there… she would figure things out.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

"Well, of course. You won't find better food anywhere in the entire 'Tribe, either;" Akiyo chuckled. He only nodded at her thanks of hospitality; it was simply the way he was. When she mentioned repayment, his eyes got wide and he immediately shook his head, causing snowflakes to scatter about. 'No, no no. You are a guest, and I think Chiyo would be personally offended if you attempted to pay her for dinner." He said; he was perfectly appalled by the idea of taking anything from this woman.

He did smile when she mentioned the multiculturality [not a word] of his family. "I was much the same, actually, coming from a series of waterbenders and the like. And then Chiyo came along and made everything much more interesting," he said with a smile.

Onto the subject of warmth, Akiyo frowned when she mentioned the cold. He instantly removed his gloves, as her little hands were a bit red--as was her nose. He gave them to her without a word, his blue eyes slightly stern; he would not accept a protest against this. He would've shrugged out of his parka, too, but he found that she may just take that the wrong way and didn't want to throw her off. If she complained of the cold though, he'd gladly hand it to her--growing up in the 'Tribes, he rarely got cold. The parkas were more for safety against hypothermia than anything.

"Let's get you inside, then," he said, beginning to walk; he didn't want to have her follow from behind, but he didn't want to put an arm at her shoulders or waist either. It simply wasn't in his nature.

Within as little as ten minutes, they'd arrived at the humble Tenshi household. You could smell the food from yards away; Chiyo was inside, sitting at the dinner table and humming to herself. She was completing some homework as the food bubbled over the stove. There was also a bit of arctic hen in the oven, as Chiyo had managed to buy one that day. Blubbered seal jerky was a must, and she stood to stir the five-flavored soup, the sea prune stew, and the seaweed noodles. She tapped her foot, going back to the dinner table to finish up the last of her assignments and wait for her father.

Chiyo Tenshi

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin chuckled along with him. She did not see it as bragging, but it was good to know that he had such confidence in his daughter. Her eyes popped open just slightly at his reaction to her offer of repayment.
“Alright then,” she replied, “But know that the offer still stands, regardless of if it is money or not. I obviously meant no offense.”
Zhin was never exactly content with receiving anything for free unless it was explicitly a gift. She was not rude about it, but she always felt obligated to try and repay anyone for a good deed.
“one good turn deserves another, and common courtesy would be to keep the offer standing. Whether or not it is money or something else, I will be glad to return the favor. I wonder why he reacted that way? Perhaps he is just as humble as I had suspected.”

She chuckled. “Well I certainly see nothing wrong with multiculturality. My family might be a long line of Firebenders, but I have had aunts or uncles or the likes who have gone off from that. Nationality does not matter to me in finding a significant other.”
This was her implication that she was single. It was not a hint of any kind, but just another fact about herself that she gave as they got to know each other. Granted, he was not hard on her eyes, but her postulate about Water Tribe citizens also still stood.

At first she was hesitant to accept his gloves, as she did not really pay attention to her own features, or realize just how cold she was. However, he was more stubborn than she was, and so she relented, accepting them and putting them over her hands. They were a bit large, but they were soft inside, and still warm from his own hands.
“thank you.” She said softly. It was slightly humbling, even for someone humble like Zhin. Nonetheless, it was also deeply appreciated. Her natural heat helped her a bit, but even real firebenders got cold.

“I… thank you again.” She nodded as she began following him back to his home. By the time they reached the door, she was starting to shiver just slightly, and it was clear that she was trying to conceal it. It had only been 10 minutes, and Zhin did not remember being this prone to cold. Then again, this was a new type of cold that she had only heard of.

Zhin could not help but take in the wonderful new aromas of the cooking food once she stepped inside with Akiyo. Her eyes darted around the place, and they noticed a young girl that was almost certainly Chiyo. She did not say anything just yet, and decided that it would be best for Akiyo to introduce the two to each other.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

Akiyo noted Zhin's slight shiver and opened the door easily, a small gust of freezing air entering the warm house. He watched her take in the area; Chiyo hadn't even looked up yet, as she was probably assuming he was going to set aside his gear and then come ruin her hair in some sort of way as he did every evening.

Akiyo smiled, letting out a happy "hello" to his dear daughter. Chiyo finally looked up, a warm smile on her face until she noted Zhin standing there. The smile remained, although her gray eyes took in the stranger; she tilted her head to the side, then stood, walking towards her. Akiyo watched her, stepping to the side to allow her a better view of Zhin; Chiyo was analyzing her face, her father's gloves over her hands, her height.

Akiyo didn't usually bring strangers home. He certainly didn't bring female strangers home. He partially wondered what his daughter would make of it, and hoped that she wouldn't ask too many questions. "Hello, ma'am. I suppose Daddy brought you here for dinner?" came an innocent enough question; her voice was calm and sweet as a kind smile warmed her features.

Confident that the two women could talk for a second, Akiyo set to removing his parka and setting it on a hook, as it was extremely warm in the house. He went to check on the food, and picked up a spoon to stir it. "Don't even think about touching it! You'll ruin it!" Chiyo said without missing a beat, not even turning around to look at him. Akiyo chuckled back, moving to take a sip; Chiyo stomped one booted foot and the spoon was knocked out of his hand by a thin pillar of earth that immediately sunk back into place, showing no signs of it having been there. The bottom floors were earthen in this house because of Chiyo's tendency to earthbend inside; upstairs were wooden, of course.

Akiyo, still chuckling softly, grabbed a rag and cleaned up the small spoonful of five-flavor soup that had been tossed onto the floor; he set the spoon in the sink before straightening and leaning against the counter, watching his daughter continue to analyze Zhin.

The stranger was three inches taller than her; eyes green, hair black and wavy. Snowflakes were melting in her hair, looking like diamonds. Chiyo brushed her hands off on her skirt, holding one out to clasp the woman's forearm traditionally. She broke into a sweet smile. "I hope you're hungry!" she said with a small laugh.

"I know I am," input a starving Akiyo, to whom Chiyo shot a loving but stern glance. "Guests first!" she declared, gesturing for Zhin to take a seat with a warm smile and grabbing a stack of bowls out of the cabinet. She literally threw them behind herself, which Akiyo caught easily enough and set the table within minutes as she set the spoons down.

As she did so, she put on some oven mitts, pulling out the warm and scrumptious smelling arctic hen from the belly of the stove. "You're in for a real treat," Akiyo whispered to Zhin with a large grin.

Chiyo Tenshi
Mood: Welcoming

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:15 am

Zhin Lyautey

Once inside, Zhin politely removed her gloves, as well as her long overcoat, right as Akiyo closed the door behind them. It was cozily warm in here, and suddenly, she did not need them as much. Her nose and hands were still a little pink, but that would correct itself the longer she was inside the warmth of the house. She remained silent, but not rigidly so. she was just being polite, and would speak when she saw the need. Her eyes also darted towards Chiyo, who had watched her remove a few articles (namely her overcoat and Akiyo’s gloves), and seemed to be analyzing her. Zhin did not mind this, because she was doing the exact same thing to the younger girl.

For a moment that seemed to stretch for many minutes, Zhin could tell that both she and the other girl were investigating the other, both probably even wondering the same things about each other. Then again, maybe she was just wondering why her father had brought a woman home with him. Zhin hoped that she did not get the wrong idea from it.

Luckily, it seemed she didn’t, as Chiyo posed an innocent question.
“He did indeed.” Zhin smiled in return, “you have a very kind father.” She would have further complimented him, but she did not want to come off as captivated, or imply that she was trying to hit on him. That would perhaps be quite awkward for a father to do in front of a daughter.
Zhin cocked her head towards the stove when Chiyo snapped at Akiyo. She could not help but chuckle lightly at how aptly she intercepted his movements.
“My name is Zhin, by the way.” She introduced herself to the younger girl, “Zhin Suzume Lyautey.”
“I know her name already thanks to her father, so I suppose that it is only fair that I give her mine. Besides, I have nothing to hide about myself except my emotions, and having emotions is not a crime of any sort in any nation.”

She would tell that she was still being analyzed, but it did not bother her, for it gave her the time to do some analyzing of her own. She brushed a bit of snow off of her trousers, leaving the few remaining crystals in her hair, where they continued to rapidly melt. Her jacket and torso had not been affected, as her trenchcoat had taken the snow, since she had just barely removed it.
When Chiyo presented her hand, Zhin extended hers out as well, admittedly a slight bit embarrassed for not knowing what she was supposed to do. hopefully the other girl would show her, so that she would know for next time. Learning these gestures was polite at the very least, and those sorts of manners were imprinted so deeply into Zhin’s behavior that she might as well have tattooed them on her forehead.

“Rest assured, I am.” Zhin smiled in response to her comment. It had not occurred to Zhin just how hungry she was, but luckily for here, there was no cliché’d stomach rumble right after she said it. Despite the absence of this noise, she knew that she was hungry.
Zhin politely took a seat when invited to do so, and waited for the other two to finish the preparations and sit down. She was in no hurry, as she was the one being served here, not having to lift a finger on her own. She had contemplated offering to help, but she had not forgotten how they had taken it last time, and she figured it would be better not to potentially offend in such ways.

The aroma of arctic hen undoubtedly made Zhin’s mouth water, and she almost had to close her mouth to keep from dripping saliva out the corners of her mouths. Besides, that would be very unbecoming of a lady of her mannerisms. She nodded in agreement towards Akiyo and smiled, waiting now for dinner to be served.

Condition: Chilly; Warming up
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

Chiyo merely grinned at Zhin's comment of her father's kindness; yes, the man was kind to a fault, and it was pretty surprising that he was a warrior to begin with. Chiyo noted the chuckle, and the name. "Welcome, Zhin. I have no doubt that my motormouth father has already told you about me, but I'm Chiyo." Chiyo responded, her tone still sweet and her expression very warm.

Chiyo took her coat easily, setting it to the left on the hook next to her father's; her own parka was hanging on the right. She merely giggled at Zhin's hesitant presentation of her palm, and Chiyo gripped her forearm in the traditional Water Tribe style. "Here in the 'Tribes, we grip forearms instead of bowing," she murmured, low enough that Akiyo need not hear, in case it embarrassed Zhin.

Chiyo easily then placed the hen on a cool plate, then set it on the table to which Akiyo immediately began cutting, smiling at Zhin as Chiyo got large bowls filled with the five-flavor soup, the sea prune stew, and the seaweed noodles. A large plate of fresh blubbered seal jerky also touched down on the table, and Chiyo smiled at her handiwork. Her father finished cutting the arctic hen into different sized slices, wiping his knife off on a napkin and setting it next to the plate.

Akiyo sheepishly stowed the knife in his boot after one look from Chiyo told him to get the dang thing off her nice clean table. "Help yourself, Zhin," Akiyo said with a smile, indicating the different dishes. "I'd tell you which one I recommend, but Chiyo never manages to use the exact same recipe twice." He said. Chiyo merely smiled happily, filling a bowl with the five-flavor soup as her father did the same with the seaweed noodles.

Chiyo Tenshi
Mood: Delightful

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin chuckled. “sometimes there is plenty to say, and when that happens, why inhibit yourself? If it means anything, I do not think that he spoke too much. He did mention you though, but it is always much better to meet you in person. It is a pleasure, Chiyo.”
She smiled again, keeping her expression equally warm. She was not a suck-up or even a schmoozer. She just generally possessed an intelligent, polite aura that gave her a reputation as someone respectful—which she was.

She thanked Chiyo softly as the younger girl took her coat and gloves. Most of the color in Zhin’s pale hands was the pinkness from how cold they still were. She was in no real danger of any permanent damage, and they were warming up quickly. The paleness of the rest of her skin was just a natural part of who she was, and did not mean anything bad either.
Zhin nodded, blushing a little from slight embarrassment at not knowing the Water Tribe custom. She chuckled lightly, attempting to recover from the situation.
“Well, my mistake then.” She noted as she clasped Chiyo’s forearm. “thank you.”
habitually however, she did give a slight nod as if to bow. She was a woman of tradition through and through.

As dinner was placed before her, Zhin’s mind raced. She was hungry, and the succulent smell of the food wafted across Zhin’s face. Already she was imagining how it must taste. It especially got her thinking after Akiyo told her to dig in, and that Chiyo never made it the same way twice.
“Water Tribe cuisine is new to me, but if all of it is even remotely as good as this smells, then I might have just found my new favorite place to eat. I wonder if they have much in the ways of spices and seasonings. Those are always my favorites.”

Given that Zhin now knew that she never cooked it the same way twice… there had to be an explanation. She took a little bit of everything, trying bits of each thing in varied succession. Her manners also extended to the table, where she was as polite as she ever was.
The food was in fact amazing. She had heard that some people thought that Water Tribe food was bland, and perhaps they were right. But… this food was much different than what she had expected, and each bite made her mouth nearly implode with flavor.

“So Chiyo made all of this then?” she exclaimed, “It is amazing! All of it!”
She took a sip of water to wash it down. “and that… is something I say with utmost sincerity.” She smiled, and continued to eat, wondering how the younger girl—and Akiyo, for that matter, would take her compliments.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:47 am

Akiyo Tenshi

Chiyo didn't respond to Zhin's statements, and merely nodded to the thanks. She was a quiet one, usually thinking rather than speaking. When she blushed, Chiyo merely smiled and shook her head, motioning that she shouldn't feel embarrassed. It was natural that she wouldn't know the customs of another culture.

Chiyo returned the slight bow of the head as well, smiling as she did so. This was obviously a custom of the Fire Nation, then, and Chiyo made sure to remember it. Dinner was then set and laid out, and Chiyo watched Zhin's expression as she took the sight of the food in. She seemed hungry enough, and Chiyo then dug in.

Akiyo was also watching her. “Water Tribe cuisine is new to me, but if all of it is even remotely as good as this smells, then I might have just found my new favorite place to eat. I wonder if they have much in the ways of spices and seasonings. Those are always my favorites.” was her comment, to which Chiyo stifled a giggle as Akiyo began to chuckle.

"Ohhhhh, yes," he said in between chuckles, "you'd be hard-pressed to find a bland dish here in Chiyo's kitchen." He then dug in as well, although still watching the small mannerisms of Zhin's as she ate. She took a small bit of each thing, trying it all; she was polite through and through, which Chiyo obviously appreciated through the fact that she gave a nod of approval to Akiyo.

“So Chiyo made all of this then? It is amazing! All of it!” Zhin then crowed, to which Chiyo looked at her father with a huge smile, gave him a thumbs up and an impish grin, ducked her head down and resumed eating. Akiyo's face darkened, burning with heat as he blushed against the embarrassment of his daughter's blatant acceptance of Zhin. As if this whole thing was going anywhere. Could it?

Akiyo watched as she drank of water, continuing on. “And that… is something I say with utmost sincerity.” a smile completed it, and Chiyo was obviously so taken with this woman that she gave her father another look, a slightly urgent one. As if saying, Go for it, you little prude, she's gorgeous, polite, smart, AND likes my cooking!

With Chiyo thoroughly embarrassing him at this point, Akiyo chuckled nervously and smiled at Zhin. "You may just stop Chiyo's heart; she adores compliments, even if she hasn't thanked you for them yet.

"Oh, pssh, she knows I appreciate it!" Chiyo responded, before looking at Zhin with a softer smile. "Really though...thank you for the sincere kind words. They mean more to me than you know." she corrected herself.

Chiyo Tenshi

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Zhin Lyautey

It was certainly not that Zhin did not like to talk, for she loved a pleasant conversation with polite and respectful individuals. However, she did also enjoy wordless communication—a silent understanding between two or more individuals, very much. It was a very intimate setting for her, be it friendly or romantic. It was a deep level of trust in Zhin’s eyes.

She noticed that both Akiyo and Chiyo were watching her, but she did not mind it. She was not doing anything unusual or embarrassing, nor did she feel like she was being scrutinized. She was curious about them, and they were apparently just as curious about her. Such was the way of people from different cultures a lot of the time, and since Zhin had been other places and received similar curious treatment, she was not fazed. She smiled instead.

“That is actually rather reassuring.” Zhin giggled in response to Akiyo’s comment. “so she understands the perfect blends of herbs and spices and seasonings… I definitely approve. My compliments go out to you, Chiyo.” She turned to the younger girl, smiling sincerely.

She did, however, also notice the looks Chiyo was giving her father. It seemed that Zhin had already won her approval and was trying to wordlessly tell her father something. She was unsure if Akiyo picked up, but it made Zhin smile shyly.
“surely she is not suggesting that he and I… no, no, that can’t be it. We just met a few hours ago. That would be much too early for something like that. Although… I cannot say I want to dismiss the notion from my mind. If I do pursue said notion though, I want it to be real, not forced. It should be taking its own pace. Akiyo is a nice man and his daughter is the same way. They deserve respect and kindness. I will let fate play its cards.”

Zhin giggled at Akiyo’s other comment. “Well, I am generally not much of one to flatter, but I am an honest woman who compliments things and people that I feel deserve them. Anyone who can cook this good definitely deserves a compliment on those skills.”
She turned towards Chiyo. “I am glad I can provide them then. I am honest and sincere in my doings, and so when I say something, know that I mean it with sincerity. You are one of those people who deserves such words and treatment. Your father is another.”
She had not forgotten Akiyo’s little good turns either, and she had greatly appreciated them. She continued eating, steadily and politely, and would do so until she was full.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

Akiyo couldn't help but watch Zhin. She was beautiful, and as he continued to observe her, he found it was more and moer difficult to find flaws in her impeccable features. As he did so, Chiyo was happily stuffing her face--she was extremely mannered as she did so, but stuffing it all the same. The silence that ensued for but a moment was nowhere near awkward; it was just a quiet silence. Outside, low winds could be heard as little flurries of snow could be seen through the curtains.

Akiyo was really curious about her. Why had she chosen to come to the Southern Tribes, instead of the North? Had the Fire Nation changed since he’d last been there? His mind slowly wandered to other topics as well; was she single? Was there some handsome Fire Nation man waiting for her when she returned home?

He shook his head, barely, to clear these thoughts away. “That is actually rather reassuring.” she giggled, and Akiyo couldn’t help but smile at it. She was superb. “So she understands the perfect blends of herbs and spices and seasonings… I definitely approve. My compliments go out to you, Chiyo.”

Chiyo merely blushed, nodding her head, swallowing her mouthful of food.

"Thank you, Zhin," she smiled, then went back to eating. Akiyo gave her a fond smile, enjoying the fact that she got along so well with Zhin. He noted the looks she gave him, and merely gave her one in return. Both telling her to shut up and that he was working on it.

“Well, I am generally not much of one to flatter, but I am an honest woman who compliments things and people that I feel deserve them. Anyone who can cook this good definitely deserves a compliment on those skills.” She continued on. Akiyo found himself nodding in approval.

"I agree; flattery is useless unless it is sincere and genuine," he said, to which Chiyo made a face.

"If he compliments you, jump for joy and start sobbing with happiness, Zhin. I think he’s allergic to flattery with how often he avoids it.” She said. Akiyo rolled his eyes, although he refrained from denying it—she was right, after all.

“I am glad I can provide them then. I am honest and sincere in my doings, and so when I say something, know that I mean it with sincerity. You are one of those people who deserves such words and treatment. Your father is another.” Zhin returned, to which both Chiyo and Akiyo’s faces darkened slightly; as they were both fairly tan, blushing couldn’t be seen easily but it was there.

Chiyo Tenshi

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:56 am

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin continued eating, displaying manners as she saw fit and appropriate. It was not a display of her class; just a common habit that she had picked up that was surely not offensive to anyone. The silence that followed was a gentle, rather serene one that Zhin highly appreciated.
“I certainly appreciate good conversation, but good silence, which I equally appreciate, is hard to come by. It is much different from silence in general, and almost an opposite of awkward silence. The cam, serenity of silent understanding is something that makes my heart flutter. The sounds of the weather outside and the shelter from the storm in here… it can make my heart flutter.”

Zhin was curious, and this was a very obvious trait of hers. She was analyzing Akiyo and Chiyo silently, but it was a positive type of analysis. She wondered what had happened to his wife. He didn’t seem like the type that would leave her, unless she was an outright terrible person, because to her, Akiyo was a big softie under that gruff Water Tribe appearance that she associated with the ‘Tribes. In the words of her parents, both firebenders, they once stated “those Water Tribe citizens are some of the most ruggedly good-looking people you will ever meet.”
The thought always made Zhin chuckle. She was definitely seeing how correct they were now.

Zhin smiled. “You are welcome.” She replied to Chiyo sweetly. She liked the younger girl. There was not really a distinct way to describe what she liked, but she liked her. IT was obvious that she liked Akiyo, so that went without saying.
“At the very least, Chiyo is an adorable name.” she thought to herself. “she is a cute and strapping young lady too… there is little if anything about her not to like.”

She could not help but laugh at Chiyo’s remark regarding Akiyo and flattery. “Well… I cannot say that I would go fishing for compliments, nor do I try to flatter. I simply say what I feel needs to be said, and if someone deserves a little praise, I will be happy to give them what they deserve.”
She smiled sweetly at the both of them, her pink blush showing much easier on her beautiful, pale, Fire Nation skin than it did on their darker Water Tribe skin. She noticed it, but did not feel the need to bring it up.

“Everyone has their moments, and there is no reason to turn this conversation in an awkward direction if you ask me. Think Zhin, think. There are numerous ways out of this and you can keep this far clear of awkward territory.”

“So what are your plans for after dinner?” she asked softly. She hoped that whatever it was, that she could join them, be it helping with something or joining them with something. Zhin was already growing an attachment to this little family.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:35 am

Akiyo Tenshi

The silence that followed was filled with Chiyo's beautiful purple-ish grey eyes dancing between her father and their guest; she was barely able to contain an enormous grin, and instead continued to eat with a small smile. She finished before her father and rose to put her dishes in the sink before turning back to collect his and refill his glass.

The serene silence was cut through smoothly by Zhin's soft voice. Akiyo's eyes rested on her with fondness in the warm brown eyes. “So what are your plans for after dinner?” was the simple question, which received a lot of excited movement on Chiyo's part, to which Akiyo chuckled.

"Oh, you've done it now," he said while shaking his head slightly at his daughter.

Upon the question, Chiyo ran upstairs as fast as she could, extremely excited, grabbing her lyre and her father's sitar. She was suddenly back in her seat next to her father and Zhin, the instruments in hand; she passed the sitar to her father and rested the lyre upon her knee, looking at him curiously before remembering Zhin.

"Oh, I'm sorry! After dinner... uhm... well, we usually sing. It's a tradition ever since mom... I didn't mean to forget you. If you'd like to join in..." Chiyo said, her face extremely darkly colored with chagrin and she stared at the floor as her father finished her sentence.

"If you'd like to join in, you're welcome to. We would greatly appreciate it. If not, it's not a big deal. We're pretty used to audiences; my parents or Chiyo's friends like to come and listen to us play on occasion. In fact, if you play an instrument, I'm sure Chiyo has it up there in that cavernous closet of hers somewhere." Akiyo said before ruffling Chiyo's hair.

Chiyo sniffed, fixing it easily; it was obvious that her father did this often. She seemed to find her voice, her eyes wide as she looked at Zhin with a smile. "Do you play? Fire Nation music is lovely but it's not like this schlub knows much of it." She said, teasingly jerking a thumb towards Akiyo as she said "schlub". He smiled, his fingers dancing over a few strings of the sitar softly.

Chiyo Tenshi

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin's keen eyes did not miss Chiyo's grin, but the most she could do in terms of reacting was simply blush. She finished eating, doing so at a steady pace that was fast enough to not make the others wait, but slow enough that she enjoyed every bite and upheld her usual mannerisms.
“She knows too much…” Zhin thought to herself, “or perhaps my guard is slipping around this man. He is nice, and has many likable qualities. To say that I was not… interested… would be something of a lie. I am too honest for that.”

She chuckled at Chiyo’s excitement, and knew that Akiyo’s words could only foreshadow a good thing. She was interested to see what it was. Perhaps they had similar passions. If they were anything like what they had already displayed to her thus far, then she was almost certain of it. Simple things pleased Zhin Lyautey: Serenity, music, family, dance… among other things.

“Uh-oh indeed then!” she chuckled, enough humor in her voice to make it obvious that she was just playing along. That, and her smile gave it away. To Zhin, Akiyo was one of those people that deserved to be happy almost all the time. Perhaps she was making the judgment too early, but she felt that if they were not happy that there was something seriously wrong with the situation.
“Or… most likely, I am just overthinking it. I do that far too often for myself.”

Dismissing that thought as she heard their voices, Zhin’s face straightened somewhat as Chiyo’s did. “Oh, I certainly did not feel unwelcome.” She reassured the younger girl, also turning towards Akiyo as he added his remarks to hers.
“I will surely not be able to fully replace what they have lost, but to say that I do not want to join them would be something of a rather large lie. Music is one of my several passions. How could I ever say no?”

She smiled again, chuckling almost inaudibly. “I don’t play anything too well… but I do enjoy singing… as well as dancing. I know a few melodies from back home off the top of my head. I am sure the Water Tribe has plenty as well.”
This was more of an educated guess than anything, although it did express some of Zhin’s interests, since she was already familiar with most of the music of her homeland.
“Ultimately though, I appreciate any good music, regardless of where it is from. I am fine with singing, dancing, or even providing an audience. Perhaps I shall do a little of all of them.” She smiled at both of them. It was clear that she was completely game for whatever they had in store.
Condition: Warm ^.^
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:43 am

Akiyo Tenshi

“Uh-oh indeed then!” Zhin laughed along with Akiyo at the silly display of what was simply Chiyo Tenshi.

Chiyo's apology brought about some seriousness. “Oh, I certainly did not feel unwelcome.” and Chiyo began to smile once more as Akiyo tuned his sitar. Several questions were fired from the little penguin's mouth and Zhin answered in the way that only Zhin could.

“I don’t play anything too well… but I do enjoy singing… as well as dancing. I know a few melodies from back home off the top of my head. I am sure the Water Tribe has plenty as well. Ultimately though, I appreciate any good music, regardless of where it is from. I am fine with singing, dancing, or even providing an audience. Perhaps I shall do a little of all of them.”

Akiyo was fine with this indeed. "Then we shall treat you to the finest of what the Water Tribe has to offer," he said with a small wink.

The two began to play almost simultaneously; the rich vibrations of the sitar complimented the angelic pursuits of Chiyo's lyre, and soon their voices did the same. The two sang with such an intertwining passion that if one had doubts of their bond before, they could see it clearly then.

It was obvious that they had been doing this for many years.

Chiyo stopped singing for a moment, letting her father's deeper, more comforting voice take over. She gave Zhin an endearing, loving smile, inviting her to join in. Join in to much more than the song. Join in, and become a part of their family.

She then began again and that moment in which her eyes said much more than she ever could to Zhin was gone. Her high, powerful, angelic voice lit the world in new ways and filled one with the feeling of triumph and love.

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:50 am

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin chuckled. She appreciated humor, and did enjoy the antics of the young earthbender. A brief thought darted through her mind, although it passed as swiftly as it came. If she ever married Akiyo, which seemed like something of a far stretch, Chiyo would become her stepdaughter… or in Zhin’s eyes, her daughter full-on. Something about this girl interested Zhin. There was something about her… the way she acted, the way she looked… that made Zhin feel concern for her. It was not a bad type of concern, but more like the type of concern where Zhin wanted to make sure that she led a happy life and got to pursue her dreams and ambitions. Chiyo’s well-being was suddenly important to Zhin. Similarly, so was Akiyo’s. This was the sort of family bond that she wished for in her life. She had not been devoid of a good and loving family for sure, but she was almost 28 years old and ready to start a family of her own.

Snapping back to reality though, her face changed both times Chiyo’s did: straightening when her face straightened, and stretching back into a smile when hers did the same.
“Maybe I am thinking about it too deeply, or getting ahead of myself. Whatever the case, I care for these two. They deserve to live happy lives, and if I can help that in any way I can, I wish to. Perhaps I am fantasizing like I so often do… but if the feelings I have for them are reciprocated, then perhaps it is not out of the realm of possibility just yet. I am patient though. I will take it slowly and let whatever happens naturally… happen. Manipulating events in this way would just be detrimental.”

Zhin’s ears were suddenly overwhelmed with a lovely barrage of luscious melodies. For a moment, she sat there in almost stunned silence, but her expression was bright. If this was surprise, it was the pleasant kind. She did not need reminder of the firmness of their bond, although witnessing this more or less cemented it. After a few more minutes of listening in, Zhin joined in, particularly at Chiyo’s nonverbal request. Her voice was a gentle harmony that almost served as a link between the high-ness of Chiyo’s voice and the deepness of Akiyo’s. Hers was a soft and melodious voice, and it fit her well.

Being a keen and analytical lady, Zhin had a pretty shrewd idea that she was aware of the implications that the younger girl had made with that expression of hers. Frankly, she liked them, and thus, liked where this was going, provided that her assumptions on the matter were, after all, correct.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

Akiyo was vaguely aware of the look Chiyo shared with Zhin; had he not been baring his soul through song, he might have been a little embarrassed. Yes, he liked Zhin, perhaps a little more than he should've. It appeared that Chiyo was desperate for her to be a part of their tiny family unit because she was continuously giving him meaningful looks too.

His thoughts were pleasantly interrupted by Zhin's voice joining in; suddenly the major differences between he and Chiyo was balanced with the softness of Zhin's. Chiyo herself couldn't help but smiling at the sound of Zhin's voice; she filled the empty space between she and her father.

The song was over soon enough, the soft pretty notes of the lyre fading away last. Chiyo smiled at Zhin before taking her father's sitar and going upstairs to put the instruments away. As she ascended the stairs, she raised an eyebrow at her father and nodded her head once towards Zhin. His expression changed ever so slightly in understanding and she continued her ascent.

"You have an amazing voice," he commented, wiping a few crumbs off of the table and onto the floor, unable to meet her eyes. Finally he looked at her, his cheeks a little dark. "And I would apologize for Chiyo's behavior, but..."

God, was it always this hard to ask a woman out? Then again, he'd only ever dated one girl in his entire life, and ended up marrying her. He sighed, steeling himself. If she said no, that was that. If she said yes... he'd die of a heart attack caused by euphoria.

"Look, I know that we've only just met and that this is too soon for anyone's standards, but I can't help it. You're a wonderful, caring young woman and I have to admit that I have feelings for you.

"Would you be interested in going out? For one night? Dancing, perhaps, or maybe a moonlit tour of the Tribe?"
He said most of this in a rush, and when he was done, couldn't do anything but hold his breath. Some random banging ensued from upstairs with Chiyo calling that everything was fine, and then silence again.

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin watched Chiyo closely, although after she began singing, it was more out of the corner of her eye. This was a clever girl. Zhin was certainly one to appreciate a spar wit and cunning intellect. Those were a couple of things that she prided herself on, even.
Zhin did almost see something of a metaphor with their singing voices. Always the analytical one, she saw perhaps what Chiyo saw—a filling of a void.
“I could never truly replace her mother… but to think that she wishes for me to fill that void… to become family. I cannot say I object to that idea. I simply admittedly do not know how to go about making such a proposition. I am not sure what would be impolite or too forward, or perhaps too polite.”
Yep, that was Zhin—worried that she might sometimes be too polite. It was not exactly a bad trait to have, but Zhin was a perfectionist like that.

She smiled. “Thank you. You do as well.” She said in sincerity. She had a vague idea where this was going, and she did not at all mind the prospect. Usually when Zhin had these kinds of premonitions, she was right, but she did not want to get ahead of herself. It would be much better to let it play itself out.

Her cheeks went slightly pink, but she smiled. “I…” she stammered, finding the words slightly difficult to get out, “I would love to!” I am not entirely sure of the reason yet, but there was something about you; about Chiyo as well for that matter… that struck me differently than normal. It was in a very good way, and is difficult to explain. I… well, I suppose that it is a matter of not knowing it until I see it, but upon seeing it, clearly recognizing it… if that makes sense?”
It hardly made sense to her, and she wanted to mentally slap herself for babbling like an idiot.
“I do love to dance,” she continued, “and perhaps cooling off with a nice walk around the tribe afterwards would be a great way to end a nice evening.. especially with a man so wonderful and caring for me.”

Such were her thoughts anyways. Dancing was definitely fun, but even Zhin had her limits, and certainly could not dance from sundown to midnight or the likes. A nice walk afterwards to converse and share thoughts, feelings and insights would be a nice follow-up from a fun and frivolous activity, if you asked Zhin.
”I do find it surprising how swiftly our feelings for each other escalated, but I see nothing wrong with the concept. Sometimes it can happen, and what sort of monster would I be to try and fight it? It was natural and not forced—the way any good relationship should be.”
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

'Oh no,' was Akiyo's instant thought. 'She's going to say no, you idiot! Shoulda never listened to Chiyo--what does a fifteen year old girl know about adult affairs anyhow?!' he mentally berated himself as Zhin's cheeks went pink and a small smile perfected her already gorgeous face.

She began to speak, and Akiyo almost cut across her, to ask her to forgive him and just forget that he had asked. But suddenly, she announced that she would love to, and he thought his heart might burst.

He nodded as she spoke, saying that he and Chiyo were different somehow, completely feeling the same way about her.

“I do love to dance, and perhaps cooling off with a nice walk around the tribe afterwards would be a great way to end a nice evening.. especially with a man so wonderful and caring for me.” she finished, and Akiyo couldn't hide the smile any longer. It was a dopey, cute smile, filled with an almost childlike happiness that he hadn't been rejected.

A loud EEEEEEEEEE! sounded from the stairs, and Chiyo came bounding down them, tackling her father in a grand bear hug. She then went straight to Zhin as well, hugging her tightly. "Finally," she murmured. Pulling away slightly, she gave Zhin an almost heart-breaking smile. "You have no idea how long I've waited..."

The poor girl's eyes welled with tears. They were tears of happiness, but also of a deep pain relieved; she never thought her father would marry again... or that she would know what it was like to have another woman around. Chiyo would never admit it but she had felt very alone growing up with just her father. She hugged them both again before going right back upstairs for bed, an even wider smile than her father's on her face.

"....Sorry. She's hounded me for the past seven years about 'finding love' again." Akiyo's face darkened with another blush. The darned girl was making everything a bit awkward. "I suppose I should be getting to bed... rounds tomorrow, Chiyo's training, the likes. Would you like me to show you to your bedroom?" he asked, looking at the small stack of dishes in the sink. He'd do them in the morning before walking Chiyo to school so that she wouldn't have to.

"Perhaps tomorrow you can wander around the 'Tribes, or join me on my rounds, whichever seems more pleasant to you. Chiyo will be attending school until mid-afternoon, so if you choose to remain here, she has a vast library of books that could entertain you until she comes home."

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 1:09 am

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin could tell that the question had taken a lot of courage to muster up, and she would feel horrible to devastate him like that by saying otherwise. However, it was not a guilt thing in the slightest. She loved him, and apparently he felt the same way about her. It was not that Zhin could really complain. She could not find a flaw with him, but perhaps that was just a surefire sign that she was in love... not that that was a bad thing.

For a split second, Zhin's eyes went as wide as dinner plates as she swiveled her head in Chiyo's direction. That squeal had certainly caught her off guard. as Chiyo's arms squeezed her, she found her own hands wrapping their way around the younger girl.  

"already, it's clear that there is a lot that she isn't telling me. I would not expect to know right off the bat, but perhaps she and I need a good girl-to-girl conversation one of these days. If my presence is filling a hole in her life, I want to know its significance. I do not think that I am a top-notch mother figure... could it simply be female presence?"

After all, men and women were very different, no matter which way they were painted. It was not necessarily a bad thing, but differences were there and there was nothing that could be done about it really. luckily, Zhin was female... very female.

Zhin chuckled, her cheeks still slightly pink. "no worries... I... well, I guess I am glad to help you then; because I really am pretty sure that I am in love with you."
Zhin was on vacation down here, which was the obvious explanation as to why a Fire Nation citizen of her standing was down here in the Water Tribes, so she did not really have any real obligations. However, even though she was not a bender, she still had that blood in her (her parents both being rather skilled benders), and so she would inevitably wake up early regardless of when she went to bed. Thus, she figured it would be best for her to retire about now.

"Alright then. I suppose it is bedtoime for me anyways" she smiled, almost chuckling softly, "Call it the Firebender's Curse if you want, but the rising of the sun always wakes me up, even if I don't have those kinds of talents."
Non-benders being born to bender parents were rare, but they were not unheard of. Zhin's parents dealt with it well, although they were initially disappointed. However, it was no fault of Zhin's, nor under her control when she was unable to make any use of the teaching her parents tried to give her when she was incapable of producing a single flame. However, parental love was crucial for a child's development, and so they made sure not to leave that out of Zhin's life. Thus, she had grown up as a happy, friendly, and intelligent little girl.

"As for tomorrow... I might just have to see where the day takes me. I am sure that it will be a lovely one if you're in it with me." she chuckled, at this point shameless about the fondness she had for him, and how happy it seemed to make Chiyo. She already had great admiration for this little family.
Mood: Elated
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures Empty

Back to top Go down

The Meeting of Multiple Cultures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next