The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wishes Granted

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

EXP : 1059
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Waitress
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Ruki Nakamura

"BYE RUKI." came the last valediction from the lazy employees. She opened her mouth to protest, as she needed help cleaning the shop for tomorrow, but the door shut before she could say much more than "wait." She sighed, adjusted her apron, and set to work.

Three and a half hours later, Ruki stood grumbling as she finished scrubbing the last dish of the night. Once again, the employees all skipped out as soon as the last customer left, leaving her to scrub every surface of the place. The windows, floors, tables, seats, counters, and stools were all gleaming; the kitchen itself had never been more spotless. She even got the small crusty bits from the chef's cooking off the stove.

With a huffy sigh, she washed her hands thoroughly and removed the apron over her Geisha gown. She then went through the tea shop, blowing out each candle until the place was dark as pitch. She couldn't believe the audacity of those damned employees; just because her parents owned the tea shop didn't mean that it was solely her duty to make it presentable for the morning.

Her exhausted frame was drooping as she headed towards the door, a white knee-length jacket around her body to keep the cold at bay. Fumbling with her key, she locked the front door eventually, looking up at the full moon before stepping off the porch of the small yet continuously busy shop, headed towards the front gate, silently wishing that her simple life of Gaoling could be changed into an adventurous one filled with travel and odd strangers.

Mood: Tired, Grumpy
Condition: Healthy

Last edited by Ruki on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos suck.)
Back to top Go down
Hocus
Staff Admin
Hocus

EXP : 461

Character Description
Position: Collector
Nation:

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Hocus

Eyes opening in the morning, Hocus realized exactly what sort of thing he'd wanted all along. An antique tea set, so classy, so fancy, so full of tea; yes this was what Hocus needed at this exact moment. Grabbing the compass and the steering wheel, Hocus followed the compass' whims which followed his own. The trip was long, but Hocus found no need to eat while he was in his trance. The day melted from midday to afternoon to dusk. Finally as the night became its darkest, the compass began spinning around. He was right where he needed to be. But a snap and crunch signaled something was wrong.

In fact, he'd crashed right into a building, his heavy baskets full of collected items put all of their mass into a brick wall. Hocus fell down onto the wicker, holding his hands on the back of his head to brace himself. The brick wall finally collapsed under all the weight, leading to ever more chaos. The horrible crunching and collapsing finally ceased, and Hocus, after looking around to make sure there was no more trouble, stumbled over the various items, bricks, and basket pieces that blocked his way.

Hocus followed the compass into the kitchen of some ruined teashop. Well, maybe it hadn't been ruined before Hocus arrived. The compass pointed him to a shiny white tea set with green designs that swirled all around the porceline's many contours and curves. He collected them in his arms, not realizing he was stealing the antiques and meandered back to his balloon. Before he made it back in, however, he could swear he heard someone else.
Mood: Trancelike
Condition: Great

Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

Character Description

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Ruki Nakamura

With a loud crunch, Ruki's head swiveled to witness a hot air balloon colliding with the side of the tea shop. With an alarmed cry, she ran right back through the gate, fumbling with her keys before finally losing her patience and scrambling over the wicker basket and into the giant hole in the wall. She noted many baskets within, and while her usually curious nature would've inspected, she had to find out just where the driver of this airship was.

She moved near silently, her slippered feet passed over the rubble of the wall easily. She found him sneaking about, going into the kitchen. She chose to remain in the dark, ducking behind a particularly large piece of plaster and brick. He came out with the most prized of the Nakamura possessions--an heirloom that had been passed through many generations. A beloved tea set, which had inspired the Nakamura family to begin a tea shop in the first place.

The sign on the gate to the tea shop was actually painted with the image of this tea set, underneath it written in gold curling letters "Nakamura Tea Shop". She felt quite a bit flustered that he was stealing such an important part of her heritage, but made no move to stop him. His appearance threw her off a bit.

He was tall, yet extremely thin and stick-like. She could feel a semblance of warmth coming off of him as he passed her. His face...his face was hidden with a white mask, the left eye designed with a black swirl. The other eye was merely a slit, and he looked extremely intimidating because of this. His suit was far too small for him in length, and she wondered why he didn't just change it if he was a thief.

Finally, before he could get back into the basket, she came out from her hiding place. "What do you think you're doing?" came an incredulous question; she wasn't being hostile in any way, as she was a little frightened, but more like she wanted to know if he even knew that he was stealing such a precious item.

Her arms were folded across her chest, her long white jacket hiding most of her dress up until the knees, to which a long green skirt flowed out. Her gray eyes examined him once again by the moonlight. "Do you see this humongous hole you've left? Do you know who has to fix that? Me!" She continued, not quite knowing if she wanted to hear his voice; she didn't know what would come out.

Mood: Shocked, Frightened

Back to top Go down
Hocus
Staff Admin
Hocus

Character Description
Nation:

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:55 pm

Hocus

Hocus had heard someone. "What do you think you're doing?" a woman requested, quickly explaining how she'd have to clean up the ruined building.

She wore a white jacket, a green dress, and an annoyed look. She had a short rant, fretting over how she would be the one to clean up this bricky mess, which Hocus was sure couldn't be true. He tilted his head, contemplating the response, and replied, "No you don't." He would have made a gesture for her to follow him, but his arms were encumbered with his fancy new tea set. It was his tea set right? Where had it come from? He lugged the porcelain into his damaged basket, and set the set on a crate. Now that his arms weren't full, he made a gesture at the woman for her to follow him onto the balloon. He then climbed up a ladder and began lighting the fires to take off. The woman would have to act fast if she wanted to come aboard.

He hopped back down the ladder, noticed that the woman hadn't come aboard yet and said a little chidingly, "Well come on then, you wanna be cleaning all this up or do you wanna take a ride?" He held out one of his gloved hands toward her as the balloon began to float above the ground. Its pace accelerated, and it was now or never. The full moon shined on all the dingy brick, the broken wicker, the miscellaneous items strewn around the deck, and they illuminated the face he was trying to take aboard. She was incredibly pretty, her sweet eyes glistened in the moonlight. Hocus wouldn't mind helping her find what she wanted.
Mood: Inviting

Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

Character Description

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:14 am

Ruki Nakamura

"No you don't." Was the stranger's response. Ruki was slightly taken aback; despite his appearance, his voice was nice, albeit muffled. His accent was strange and enticing. She watched him place her family tea set on a crate, opening her mouth to tell him off, but he disappeared up a ladder.

A moment later, his lanky figure came back down. She was still wondering what on earth he had meant; of course she would have to clean it up. No one else in this lazy village was going to do it; she'd have to clean it all up and then hire someone from out of town to repair the wall, otherwise it was going to be left like that. Unless they converted it into a nice window...that could actually improve the tea-shop, give it a nice view. She took a moment to think of this further, but suddenly he gestured at her.

Did he want her to climb on? She gave him an unconvinced glance; why on earth would she do something like that? "Well come on then, you wanna be cleaning all this up or do you wanna take a ride?" His strange accent demanded, and she tilted her head slightly, finding the sound new and delightful. He held out a white gloved hand as the balloon began ascending. She looked down at the rubble around her, then grabbed his hand with one of her own and the edge of the basket with her other. Pulling herself into the basket, she landing lightly on her feet, brushing herself off.

She looked down at the tea shop, seeing a small crowd headed towards the shop from below. From the direction they were coming from, they were most likely her parents, checking to see what had happened and realizing that she wasn't even home yet. She then looked back at the stranger; part of herself chided the decision to join him, while another part cheered about it. She decided to feel a bit proud of herself; she hadn't liked her life and was doing something to change it.

"I'm Ruki." she said, her tone slightly curious as she looked around the basket, seeing the tea set gleaming in the moonlight. She looked back at the stranger yet again; "If you don't mind my asking, what on earth drove you to crash into my tea shop and steal the tea set?"

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Hocus
Staff Admin
Hocus

Character Description
Nation:

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:39 am

Hocus

The woman seemed to contemplate the ground for a while. Funny, Hocus had never done that before. After she finished her earth-gazing, she turned to Hocus, and said, "I'm Ruki," she paused to contemplate the tea set. Where had that set come from anyhow? She followed up her introduction with an interrogation, "If you don't mind my asking, what on earth drove you to crash into my tea shop and steal the tea set?" She looked at him with curious eyes.

The mask jostled as Hocus spoke, "I'm Hocus, I'm not sure why I crashed into your tea shop, but I am sure of why I procured that tea set. Look at it, isn't it so shiny, so fancy, so full of wonder and joy and movement and magic? It is full of magic, isn't it?" Hocus wasn't sure if the tea set was actually magical, but the way it shined in the moonlight, it looked like it was possessed with some kind of glittering sheen, something special that separated it from other tea sets. That must've been why he wanted it.

And something else seemed to be shining in the moonlight. Those stupid eyes shimmered when they looked at him. He was starting become annoyed with his own feelings. He turned away from her as he began to speak.

"So...what do you want? What do you wish for? What is your ultimate goal?" The question was abrupt with no premise behind it. He turned back around and waved a hand in front of him. Sparks flew in a shimmering line as he made the gesture, dazzling the dark air. "It's only fair to pay you for that tea set, after all."
Mood:

Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

Character Description

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:20 am

Ruki Nakamura

The corners of Ruki's mouth upturned slightly as he spoke; "I'm Hocus, I'm not sure why I crashed into your tea shop, but I am sure of why I procured that tea set. Look at it, isn't it so shiny, so fancy, so full of wonder and joy and movement and magic? It is full of magic, isn't it?" Ruki almost laughed at this observation, but managed to not to. "I'm not sure if it's magical...all I know is that it's extremely old," she responded with a faint chuckle.

"So...what do you want? What do you wish for? What is your ultimate goal? It's only fair to pay you for that tea set, after all." he asked abruptly. Her eyes, already wide in their own respect, widened even further. What a strange thing to ask; she took a moment to contemplate this as he waved a hand in the air, sparks flying. She was slightly mesmerized by this, and her words spilled from her mouth as she wondered how he'd done that.

"To travel, instead of being stuck in one place, doing the same routine repeatedly, day in and day out. Adventure is what I'm after, I suppose," she said; part of her was surprised at this, as she had never really thought about what she wanted and in turn never knew. She looked at his masked face, partially wondering why he covered it. Feeling as though she were staring, she looked at the sky as they went along, surprised at the brightness of the moon from up here; looking down again, she could see the tea shop getting ever smaller.

Back to top Go down
Hocus
Staff Admin
Hocus

Character Description
Nation:

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Hocus

"To travel, instead of being stuck in one place, doing the same routine repeatedly, day in and day out. Adventure is what I'm after, I suppose," Ruki said, and Hocus smiled beneath his mask. This was the easiest request he'd ever had.

"Well great, we're already heading for that." he said. His voice sounded warm, like he was pleased that he didn't need to do anything. Hocus turned around, walked through the messy yet organized basket, making his way toward a ladder. He walked up, going to the second floor.

"Do you want some food?" Hocus shouted down. An area of the second floor was devoted to non-perishables. Bags of dried fruit, nuts, and jerky sat side by side. It wasn't exactly the life, but it was livable. Containers of water sat nearby. Hocus grabbed a handful of mixed nuts and munched on a few.
Mood:

Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

Character Description

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Ruki Nakamura

Ruki smiled, glad that he sounded pleased about this. She was rather excited, but what with the way she'd been raised, she was able to hide it considerably well. She watched as he climbed up a ladder--apparently this hot air balloon was multi-leveled. How strange.

"Do you want some food?" came his voice. She took a curious step towards the ladder, grabbing one of the rungs with a hand and looking up. She wasn't famished, but she could eat. All this excitement had her tummy rolling anyways, and she figured some food could settle it.

"Sure, I suppose," she answered, setting her other hand on the rung above it and ascending. She found him munching on some nuts, blinked once, and walked past him to examine the baskets. She didn't really bother asking permission--he was a strange character, and doubted he'd mind anyhow. Even if he had something to hide, who was she going to tell? They were in a balloon, for heaven's sake.

She opted for some dried peaches, popping one in her mouth and enjoying the new texture and slightly altered flavor. Ruki'd never had dried fruit until now. She then went back to examining their surroundings as they went, finding the whole situation so curious and strange from her usual life.

"Where are we headed?" she said around another bit of fruit, looking over at the masked man across from her.

Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Hocus
Staff Admin
Hocus

Character Description
Nation:

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Hocus

Ruki climbed the ladder and accepted Hocus' offer of food. He finished the mixed nuts right as Ruki asked where they were going.

"Hmm, the compass is pointing east. I feel like...we're going to the Eastern Air Temple. I did want a magical flute...seems appropriate," Hocus couldn't play a musical note to save his life, but he still wanted a flute. Of course, it would probably end up in a box or basket as soon as he got it. Such was the way of the whim.

"Have you ever been to the air temples?" Hocus asked. He had a feeling that Ruki had never left her house, let alone been to the air temples. He walked over to some hole which was full of black dust. He threw a bunch of wood into it and conjured some sparks to light it. It was a fireplace on a wooden airship, how very safe. Soon a roaring flame was going, but Hocus didn't exactly need it. His body was self-warming. He'd made it mostly for Ruki, because the night air was frigid especially up here in the sky.

Mood: Fine

Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

Character Description

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Ruki Nakamura

"Hmm, the compass is pointing east. I feel like...we're going to the Eastern Air Temple. I did want a magical flute...seems appropriate," he returned, to which Ruki's expression lighted up at. "I play the flute! Do you?" she said happily, finishing with a curious expression.

"Have you ever been to the air temples?" He continued, to which Ruki shook her head and murmured a small, "no." She was a bit embarrassed by the fact that she hadn't ever left her little village of Gaoling.

She then watched as he walked over to a little hole filled with black dust; he threw wood on it, and she tilted her head to the side and watched curiously, resting her forearms on the edge of the basket, leaning against it. He threw some sparks on it then, to which she blinked three times. Was he a firebender? She'd never met one before, nor seen firebending at all in her life.

She then realized that it was a fireplace...while they were airborn in a wicker aircraft. She opened her mouth to voice concern over it, but then shrugged; he'd obviously done this before, and if the whole thing hadn't burned down yet, she doubted it was going to.

A large fire was burning bright and warm now, to which she sidled a little closer, although maintaining her carefree leaning against the side of the wicker basket. She definitely felt a bit warmer, and she passed Hocus an appreciative look, although didn't interrupt the sound of the flames crackling in the silent night.

Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Hocus
Staff Admin
Hocus

Character Description
Nation:

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Hocus

This was Hocus' downtime. He wasn't in his zone of hysteria because they'd just gotten...something. Hadn't he just gotten something? Well whatever he'd done, Ruki was here now. She seemed to appreciate the fire. This was where Hocus was at his most normal, and probably the best time to get to know one another. There was a long pause before Hocus answered the previous question.

"No, I don't play the flute. I just..." he couldn't explain why he wanted one, he had no idea why. He looked around at the humongous collection of objects around them, knowing there was a story behind each and every one, but they all blurred together. He didn't understand why, but he couldn't stop moving, trading or collecting, he felt like he was trying to bury something under all of this useless stuff. He looked at the compass, which he was still holding, questioning its origins. It glinted gold in the bright fire.

"So what were you doing back there?" he asked, referring to the tea shop. He tilted his masked face curiously, ready to learn her story.

Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

Character Description

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 pm

Ruki Nakamura

"No, I don't play the flute. I just..." came his response, to which she nodded. He seemed like one who wanted, received, forgot, and then repeated the cycle. It seemed like such an empty way to live--although serving in a tea shop wasn't much more fulfilling. She eyed the collection of baubles and boxes around as he did so; perhaps, with his permission, she would examine them tomorrow. She was a naturally curious sort of woman, and was intrigued by what lay within. Perhaps maybe even a few earthbending scrolls? He seemed to have a vast collection.

"So what were you doing back there?" he said, his voice cutting through the soft quiet that the crackling flames and silent night provided. She knew immediately to what he was referring to; she looked at him as he tilted his head, knowing that he expected some grand explanation. He seemed like the sort to enjoy grand explanations.

"Well..." she began uncertainly, then continued on with a bit more confidence, like a child taking its first steps. "I was born in Gaoling, grew up there. I've never left before, actually; it's what makes all of this so exciting. My parents owned the tea shop, so I worked for them. I was hoping to save up my earnings and maybe head to Ba Sing Se, go to school, earn a degree, change my life's path around. I'm not sure what I intended to do once I got out of Gaoling and started up at the university, but I know it was going to be very different from waitressing." She said, her voice quiet.

She wasn't sure why, but looking at Hocus, she decided not to ask him his own story. Ruki really didn't know what was holding her back, but something just told her not to ask right now. So instead, she gestured to the big balloon, passing him a little smile. "So you live here?"

Mood: Alright

Back to top Go down
Hocus
Staff Admin
Hocus

Character Description
Nation:

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:22 am

Hocus

Hocus listened to Ruki's story and was pretty interested in it. The fact that she'd never left her hometown was foreign to him, and it seemed very strange that she needed to save money to travel. It sounded like she'd wanted out of her life for a very, very long time. Hocus couldn't sympathize, but the fact that he wore a mask meant even if he put on a sad face, it never would have communicated.

"So you live here?" she asked.

The question caught him off-guard. Did he live here? He guessed he could consider this to be his floating house.

"Yeah, this is my home. he said. "It's got all the amenities," he said with warmth in his voice. He looked at the stars which were interrupted by three balloons. The glow from three flames could be seen above. The darkness and warmth around him, along with the fact that he was coming off of one of his crazed periods created the perfect environment for sleepiness. His eyes drooped and he mumbled, "I think I going to bed..." but he never made it. He passed out right there by the fire and Ruki. There were, in fact, three mats on the lower level of the basket, but Haruki of course had no way of knowing that. Whatever the case, Hocus was gone, and Haruki would be alone for the moment.

Mood: Sleepy

Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

Character Description

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:09 am

Ruki Nakamura

Ruki didn't mind the fact that he didn't comment on her little life story. To be truthful, she'd told him all there was to tell; her life really was a boring one, although she left out the part where she'd enjoyed quite a bit of gossip in her early teen years. No reason to point out such an irritating flaw if it had already passed.

She really couldn't tell what he was thinking, what with the mask in the way. Did he wear it to intimidate others? Perhaps he just liked how it looked? Was he hiding something? Or had he been taught to dress in such a way? By the looks of his too-short suit, it seemed as though he hadn't been clothes shopping in a while.

She looked down at her own self, dressed in bright green faux silk and covered with the white jacket. She hadn't exactly donned clothes for travel...but she was appreciative of one thing in her life, and that was the finery of what she wore. She always had a soft spot for pretty things, especially clothes. Perhaps, had she not boarded the airship, she would've been a seamstress?

She ignored this though, as Hocus began speaking once more, in response to her question.

"Yeah, this is my home. It's got all the amenities," was his simple answer, warmth in his voice that made her smile. It mixed with the accent and produced a lovely sound. She watched him as he looked at the sky and balloons, not really seeing what his eyes were looking at but more the angle with which he examined things. She was more a people-watcher than anything else, preferring to be more observant if naught else.

He took her slightly off guard with a small mumble; "I think I going to bed..." She opened her mouth to wish him a goodnight, not really sure where she herself would sleep, but didn't mind it if she spent the night by the fire. Before the sound could come out though, he collapsed completely.

Ruki made no sound, but her eyes widened, half in alarm and half in curiosity. She looked around herself--he had said he was going to bed, so there must've been somewhere to sleep. Of course, when she first boarded, she hadn't really paid much attention to the contents of the balloon other than noticing the crates and boxes, she was busy looking at the world drift away.

She took a second to examine the area around her, finding a lantern near a bag of nuts and lifting it up. It was wrought iron, intricately designed in a beautiful way, and by the looks of it from the Fire Nation. Black, gold, and red markings designed it, with a dragon curling around the base. The dragon's head leaned in through the glass of one pane on the lantern, it's mouth opening around where the flame would end up being.

She picked up a long stray woodchip, putting the end into the fire and lighting the oils within the pretty little lamp to explore the unlit lower level. Keeping the lantern in one hand and using the other to descend the ladder, she arrived at the darker lower level. With the fire crackling faintly above and the eerie silence of night around her, she was a little spooked, and drew her jacket tighter around herself.

After a bit of poking around, she found three mats which obviously served as beds. Three? Why on earth would Hocus have three? she found herself asking, but she pushed the questions aside and shoved some boxes and crates around to make a clear path to one of the mats. She then blew the flame from the lantern out, enveloping herself in darkness, set it down next to the least rumpled of the mats, and headed towards the ladder and the light above it.

Finally arriving on the second floor of the strange wicker basket, she wasn't sure if she would awaken Hocus, but she didn't want to leave him up here all alone. So, with a shrug, she grabbed his arm and started tugging.

She eventually got him down the ladder without harming him too badly, although he might have a little bump on the back of his head when he awoke. She dropped a blanket on top of his motionless form, went over to the mat that she'd obviously decided to claim as her own and hunkered down to sleep.

Back to top Go down
Hocus
Staff Admin
Hocus

Character Description
Nation:

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Hocus

Hocus opened his eyes in the morning but could not see. His mask was tilted, and the eyeholes were off. He'd become used to these sorts of problems, and he quickly adjusted it so that the slits allowed him to see. It was an overcast day today. He'd just looked at a clear, starry sky last night, and the transition seemed a bit strange. He just hoped that it didn't rain, it was never a pleasant event on the balloon. So many metal object that invited lightning in.

Wait, was he on a mat? Hocus had not fallen asleep on any sort of sleeping receptacle in a very long time. He was used to passing out during any sort of task and waking up a few hours later. He usually continued what he was doing when he woke up. Sometimes the task he had been doing was important to keeping the ship afloat, but he always managed to save himself. The more Hocus thought about it, it was a miracle he hadn't had a fatal crash yet. So many hazardous factors went into flying this balloon.

He sat up and, oh that girl was still here. Ruki. He walked over to her, squatted, and stared at her for a while. What a weird girl, who else would join a complete stranger on an airship after he destroyed a building they were inside of? He was worried she would come to regret it and leave. He wasn't sure if he'd let her leave.

Looking to the horizon, Hocus could see that the ship was flying over Ba Sing Se, he wondered if they needed to stop there for any sort of supplies. He might be low on fuel. But if they stopped, would Ruki just get off and leave? Hocus hadn't realized how lonely he'd been up here until yesterday.

Was she waking up? Hocus was still staring at her.

Mood: Worried

Back to top Go down
Ruki
Staff Moderator
Ruki

Character Description

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Ruki Nakamura

For a moment or two, Ruki was in a strange state. Her mind was awake, but her body was still sleeping. She thought about things, mostly the wonderful dreams she'd had. Most of them involved the airship and making stops in strange places with strange creatures. One of them was where she ended up well known for her contribution to world discovery through the travels. Another was where she became a well known travelling proprietor of rare desirables.

Eventually her eyes opened to softened light--the clouds above prevented the glaring sun to shine in her eyes. It took her a moment to recall where she was as her eyes focused. She let out a small frightened squeak, sitting up and scrambling away for a split second as she looked at Hocus' mask before remembering who he was.

She took a few gulps of air, a hand over her heart as though to still the frenzied beating. "'Morning," she eventually said with a small breathless smile, stretching for a few seconds. Small popping noises ensued from between her shoulder blades, and she sighed with relief before looking around at the boxes and crates, her shoes by her mat and her jacket still laid over her as a sort of blanket.

Back to top Go down
Hocus
Staff Admin
Hocus

Character Description
Nation:

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:04 am

Hocus

Oh no, he'd scared Ruki. She was shocked awake, backing up so quickly that Hocus was worried she'd run into something and knock some object or another onto her head. She put her hand on her heart and took deep breathes. Oh no, he'd done it now, she was going to leave for sure. He'd never have a friend again in his life.

And then, "Morning."

Hocus let out an audible laugh, mostly from relief. He thought he'd spooked her right out of his life.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked. A small rain drop lightly touched his hand. Regardless of whether they needed fuel, Hocus needed to take the ship down. He was not going to deal with a storm right now, it was far too dangerous.

"Umm..." he quickly explained, "It's about to storm, and we need to land. I guess we'll be visiting Ba Sing Se." he said. He climbed a ladder to one of the balloons and put the fire out. Only two balloons were picking up all of the ship's weight, so they began descending at a decent pace. He scrambled back down the ladder and stood in from of Ruki.

Mood: Needy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wishes Granted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishes Granted   Wishes Granted Empty

Back to top Go down

Wishes Granted
Page 1 of 1