The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bolin Ishigawa

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bolin Ishigawa
Bolin Ishigawa

EXP : 350
Birthday : 1990-04-09

Bolin Ishigawa Empty
PostSubject: Bolin Ishigawa   Bolin Ishigawa EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:52 pm

It's Zhin again. Hopefully I am not breaking any rules? ^.^

Bolin Ishigawa 2exm2w9

Full Name: Bolin Kojiro Ishigawa
Element: Earth
Birthplace: Gaoling
Position: Worker-For-Hire
Training:
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
Expert
Earthbending: Expert

Personality: (word count: 395)
Bolin is a down-to-earth man (no pun intended) who always seems to keep a level head and a cool demeanor. He is a lighthearted fellow, always willing to make a joke, and always up for a good laugh. His lax nature and tendency to assign a nickname to anyone he meets can sometimes get under the skin of the more judgmental people of the world, but he does not let such things bother him. Conversely, getting under his skin is quite the trying task, as he is not the type to let petty insults offend him.
While humble, he is also rather classy, not afraid to look his best for that sole purpose. Despite this, he does not mind getting a little dirty or exchanging a few blows. He is a very confident fellow who is not afraid to step up to a challenge of any sort, and will always fight for his honor. He is a hard-worker who firmly believes that the best way to get something is to work for it, but that does not make him a servant of the law. There are times when he sees a little miscreant behavior as necessary, and thus he does not judge people for such pasts easily. He generally tries to avoid such behavior, only resorting to such things in moments of desperation, which luckily have not happened in many years.
Bolin is also a gentleman with the ladies, his soothing voice and comforting words able to sway many. While he does not necessarily organize commitments, he is always a reliable shoulder to lean on in times of trouble, and he will often try to make merry with a couple of jokes or another good laugh of sorts.
Ultimately, he is a man who is comfortable with who he is, what he has done, and where he is in society. He has little interest in change, and is okay living day-to-day. He does, however, like to think to himself every now and again, occasionally fantasizing, usually about random thoughts or the people around him as opposed to changes he would like to make to his own life. Bolin also has a tendency to give almost anyone he meets a nickname, for the good or for the bad. He is unfazed by what the target thinks of the name, however, and this may bother some people.

Abilities: (word count: 263)
Bolin’s family was always able to make ends meet, if not just barely. He was able to take classes on earthbending and combat, but a lot of his abilities were self-taught, or learned through his travels while out doing whatever odd job would scrape together a few extra coins. While not living out on the streets, he was very familiar with them, willing to take jobs from anyone, be they princes or peasants. He has won and lost his fair share of fights, and has learned hand-to-hand combat from watching them, as well as from participation himself. He is smart, and he is strong, but he knows that he is not the best, and he remains humble about it as a result.
He often spent his free time throwing rocks in the mountains, and over the years he refined his moves into more sophisticated bending techniques, helping him to gradually become an expert at the art. This also helped boost his strength and athleticism, and so he is very fit and muscular. While not afraid to wear shoes, especially if he is dressing formally, Bolin prefers going barefooted to keep in touch with the earth, like many other earthbenders do.
Bolin’s fighting style consists of rigid attacks and rock-solid defense and determination. His high stamina and burly build keep him upright longer than many of his opponents, and he does not hesitate to use this to his advantage when he can. However, he is aware of his limits, and knows that he is not invincible, and knowing this is half of the battle.

Appearance:
Height: 1.75 meters (about 5 feet, 9 inches)
Weight: 72 kilograms (about 159 pounds)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black, usually slicked back a bit
Skin: Light tan
(word count: 243)
Bolin is a slightly shorter, burlier man who very much has the build of an earthbender. His large hands and feet, combined with his sturdy posture and stature make him appear like a formidable and solid opponent. He often dresses in green-colored street clothes, occasionally wearing heavy boots, particularly when he is at work. However, he knows how to be classy, and cleans up rather nicely. His general demeanor is gentle and friendly, and because of his looks, he can be quite the charmer. He keeps his full head of thick black hair reasonably short, usually combing it back a bit.
He is a fairly weathered man, used to manual labor in the sun, so his skin is a light shade of tan. He has thick, distinct eyebrows that can give him some ominous expression, but his emerald green eyes shine with a certain aura of friendliness that makes him seem a bit gentler.
Bolin generally wears a light undershirt under a thick, sturdy jacket. His trousers are usually some shade of either green, grey, or brown. When he is at work, he also wears a large pair of heavy grey or brown boots, and when he is not working, he is usually barefoot. His is a worker’s body, and so although his skin is not soft, he is generally a gentle fellow when not provoked into a fight, and so he typically has a much softer touch than would meet the eye.

NOTES: Faceclaim is (as you may have expected) Bolin (if that is okay)

Weaponry/Gear field omitted. Bolin usually goes unarmed

History: (word count: 551)
Bolin’s life began between 4 humble (but not impoverished) walls in a cottage on the fringe of Gaoling, but luckily for him, his family always had enough to provide for their daily needs, although sometimes they cut it close. Either way, he lived a happy life, growing up taking after the trades of his father and more, which was more or less simply doing odd jobs wherever possible. While definitely unorthodox, it put the bread on the table, and Bolin never thought much of it. It did keep him humble, but his parents also taught him that there was nothing wrong with what he (or they) did, and so as he grew older, Bolin developed a certain type of smug, yet humble, confidence in himself, keeping healthy amounts of self-esteem.
He was not the perfect child, often getting into fights for one reason or another, sometimes simply because someone did not like the nickname he coined for them, but that never bothered him, nor did he apologize. He was always up for the challenge of a fight, and he won some, lost others, and came out a better man each time. He seldom ever remained angry, taking victories as achievements and taking defeats as lessons to learn.
When the time came for him to go into the world and build his own life, he did so and took after his father’s trade, doing whatever jobs would pay his bills, often wandering from place to place. Poverty was not a problem for him either, though he often traded the fine line surrounding it. However, being used to the location of that line (among other things), this never bothered him.
His life of wandering around looking for work has given him a very deep knowledge of the streets and venues of Gaoling and a few of the other surrounding local villages, for Bolin travels a lot. Most of his travels are in the southern Earth Kingdom or even in Gaoling’s city limtis itself, and his frequent haunts often sometimes even goup to Si Wong. Occasionally though, he takes a long journey to some of the more distant corners of the world, including the other nations, particularly the Water Tribe and the Fire Nation. He holds a natural loyalty to the Earth Kingdom because of his heritage and elemental affinity, and has even done work as a mercenary or as part of a security detail before. He has contemplated joining the military many times, although without a war on their hands, what would he sell to the military besides his fighting skills?
Bolin’s childhood was without much in the ways of tragedy, and while his life was not easy, it was not harsh or difficult either. He learned the value of hard work by helping his parents around the house from a young age, and he learned the importance of manual labor as well.
Bolin also currently remains single, mostly for a lack of trying. He is certainly not ugly, nor is he socially awkward. However, he tends to view himself more as a friend than a love interest, and so thus far, his heart has gone out to no one. However, there is still plenty of his life ahead of him, and that could be one of the things that changes over time.

**OPTIONAL**
Sample RP: See Character Box (I am Zhin, if you need further reference to my RPing skills, be they good or bad)

Character Box: (Word count: 465)

Bolin Ishigawa

The day that Bolin had met the architect was one of the most unusual days of his life—definitely a unique one too, as she was quite the unique creature: tall, pretty, gentle, and, based on her demeanor—extremely analytical. Bolin could not help but smirk at that, and he noticed her face change just slightly. He knew she was analyzing him, and decided not to stay quiet about it this time.
“Tell me, Zhin dear,” for that was the woman’s name, “what do you see in a man like me?”
“Surely you are not mixing romantic implications into this conversation, are you, Bolin?” she replied
“If I was, your trousers would already be down, Lily.” He cooed, using the nickname he gave this woman, “so there’s no need to worry about that, since they appear securely at your waist.”
He smirked slightly as he noticed Zhin blush.
“got her,” he told himself, “I got her good.”
Zhin managed to keep her composure, however. “I may have to reconsider hiring you for that contract if these are your true colors.” She warned him.
“Oh come now,” he replied, staying cool, “you’re just a bit upset that someone keeps their cool as well as you do. However, I did not mean to offend. If I touched a touchy subject, then I apologize.”
There was silence as the two analyzed each other, as if to look for a weakness. After a while, Bolin’s face suddenly broke into a grin.
“Zhin, I like the way you think. Don’t take this the wrong way or anything, but the cool, calm way you analyze people is something I admire. It might be because I kind of do the same thing, but if nothing else, I like it. And no, before you ask, I am not trying to schmooze you.”
“Well,” Zhin nodded, “I do like those who know how to hold themselves and stay respectful.”
“Indeed,” Bolin agreed, “but I suppose we have digressed a bit, have we not? You came to me for the manual labor in that contract of yours, wondering if I could provide.”
“I only come to the best.” Zhin chuckled.
“Then the best can provide.” Bolin smirked. “I’ll have it tone tomorrow by mid-day.”
---------------------------------------------------------
True to his word, Bolin had finished the project by mid-day, using earthbending and his own two hands to get it done. He whistled while he worked, sometimes switching to humming, or occasionally actual singing. He didn’t have half bad of a singing voice. More importantly than that though, was that he settled for nothing short of his best. Hard work was not something that he ever shied away form.
He stood back for a moment to admire his handiwork.
“yep…” he thought proudly to himself, “Zhin’ll definitely be pleased.”
Mood: Relaxed
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

EXP : 14635
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Healer
Nation: Water Tribes

Bolin Ishigawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bolin Ishigawa   Bolin Ishigawa EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:11 pm

I am Zulera, so I can use this.
This profile is awesome (and long, as I suspected) xD. Just make sure not to get too close to becoming the real Bolin, KK? Razz

Bolin Ishigawa Soa
wait for one more (or do we still need 3 total?) and then go ahead and knock yourself out.
Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

EXP : 2875

Character Description
Position: Assassin
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Bolin Ishigawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bolin Ishigawa   Bolin Ishigawa EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Yeah, as our lovely admin Zulera has said, this profile's pretty awesome. So i'm going to go ahead and approve.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

Bolin Ishigawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bolin Ishigawa   Bolin Ishigawa EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Sounds good dude. Have fun.
Back to top Go down