The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Journey Down Under (Renayu)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

EXP : 1575
Birthday : 1990-04-09

Character Description
Position: Artist; Architect
Nation: Fire Nation

The Journey Down Under (Renayu) Empty
PostSubject: The Journey Down Under (Renayu)   The Journey Down Under (Renayu) EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:20 pm

(I will get the Bolin thread up soon enough, I promise)

Zhin Lyautey

This had not been the first time that Zhin Suzume Lyautey had visited the Southern Water Tribe, but the last time she had gone there, she had not even met the chief of the tribe. Zhin saw advantages to doing such a thing, and so she was determined to make another visit the next time she knew that the Southern Chief was not travelling the world or out of town in any way.

This time she was slightly more prepared in coming down here, anticipating the upcoming cold as she went farther and farther south. When the boat finally landed and the dim lights of the Main Southern City came into view, Zhin smiled. She made a few mental notes of things to do while here.
“I definitely wish to see Akiyo and Chiyo again,” she told herself, “although I will see them again after my meeting with the chief… whenever that may be. If nothing else, it could be advantageous. I assume that enough respect—genuine respect for them as people, instead of as political rulers, is something that many more of them long for, if they are anything like Fire Lord Shula. Perhaps a little friendliness will continue to go a long way.”

The downside was that, once in the tribes, she did not know exactly where to find her. She would assume the Chief’s Palace, but if Chief Renayu, as she was called, was anything like Fire Lord Shula, or anything like Zhin herself for that matter, then the odds were extremely slim that she would be home, particularly at night.
Zhin decided to get her own room this time, not wanting to rely too heavily on the hospitality of Akiyo and Chiyo, especially since she had more than enough money for her needs. After that was all taken care of, she began her search, asking around for people, wondering if they had seen the chief nearby, or where she could be found.
While she did this, she also collected information, not just about the tribes and the culture, but also about who the chief was as a person. Renayu was good information to have, but that alone was just a name. As she tried to locate her target, she leaned that Renayu was single, in her mid-20s, and had a fondness for men of the Fire Nation. That little thought made Zhin chuckle. She was not the one to make judgments this early on, especially not when she had not even met the one in question. It did not help to have a bit of information to work off of though… And for one so popular, that information was not hard to come by.

Soon enough, she saw the woman she was looking for, and politely approached her, hoping to get a word or two in with her.
Mood: Deep in Thought
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

EXP : 3622

Character Description
Position: Tea Shop Waiteress
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Down Under (Renayu)   The Journey Down Under (Renayu) EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Renayu

Thrown to the ground again. Tjis damn drill sargent got harder and harder by the year. Things were easier when my Pa was here. He helped me get through the practices. But this time as I stumbled upon my feet I limped. "Practice is over for the night!" I called to him. He turned around as he went to challenge my order until some of the warriors looked at the man who was controling the practice. They lightly grabbed onto thier weapons to protect me. He eyed every single one of them before huffing and walking away to his tent. I stood there watching him walk out of the training grounds. As he left I limped over to a chair. I bended some snow and turned it into water. I played with the water allowing it to turn a light blue glowing color before i started to heal myself. He was only lucky that it wasnt a full moon because this would have been one of those rare times I would have bloodbended someone into a deep sleep for the night.

After a few minutes I stood up. One of the messenger boys ran towards the campground. He made a beeline for me.
"Chieft Renayu. The tribe has a Fire Nation citizen here to see you personally. Should we watch them first?" he asked before catching his breath. I simply shook my head and proceeded to walk into the main hub of my village wearing my wolfs head. If they wanted to meet me, they had good intentions. I never get visitors, espically from the Fire Nation. she toyed in her head.

She came to a stop in the village's main squre where there stood a beatiful woman, no more than Renayu's age dressed in Fire Nation attire. Renayu removed her wolfs head as the woman approached
.ghtblue]"Welcome to the Southern Water tribe. A little birdie told me that I was being saught by a Fire Nation citizen. I assume it would be you?" I asked her in a friendly mannor. i was never one to start a fight unless a fight was needed.

Mood: Happily in Love
Condition: Heathly

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Down Under (Renayu)   The Journey Down Under (Renayu) EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Soon Zhin was being led to where the Water Chief was. Based on her rugged appearance, it seemed that she had just gotten finished with drills, training, or something along those veins. Zhin was slightly familiar with such behavior, although she had a light, refined form of fighting that had her almost elegantly dancing around her opponents as she fought. Zhin’s insane reflexes had saved her many times from a strike, or even from simple things like getting dirty.

Zhin chuckled at the introduction. “Aye… just as a little birdie told me where I could find you, Chief Renayu—he also told me your name.”
However, she was not about to try and rub that in her face or anything. Instead, she gave a customary Fire Nation bow, as was the traditional way to greet people in a respectful manner.
“I suppose that since I was the one who asked to see you, that I should explain why I am here. Incidentally, this has nothing to do with politics, though I must admit that debating such is quite entertaining.”
“My natural curiosity wants to know what her political views are, but that might come after a little more proper conversation. We need to warm up to each other a little bit before we can go off rambling our personal opinions of such a deep nature.”

“I am Zhin Suzume Lyautey, and ultimately, I just wished to meet you—to get to know you. I am unsure if you enjoy the preferential treatment that being the Southern Water Chief gives you, or if you are similar to some others who prefer to be treated as people instead of monarchs. I apologize if I offend.”

She waited to see how Renayu would react before she continued. “Otherwise, I just wish to say hello, to get to know each other a bit more, mayhaps. If you do not have the time right now, I completely understand and will come back later. What say you?”
She kept a polite smile on her face that was for the most part sincere. She was straightforward, and sometimes had a tendency to ramble on and on, or to mumble to herself, but other than those two small eccentricities, Zhin was a very polite woman who did not like to offend or make enemies.

“I do hope that I did not weird her out with my ranting.” she mused, “I have enough trouble containing my thoughts as it is, and I do not need them spilling out from every orifice at every opportunity. Blah. I suppose I will figure this out as time goes. Let fate play its course…”

Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Down Under (Renayu)   The Journey Down Under (Renayu) EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:35 am

Renayu

This woman dressed of rich and proper attire. Could this have been not her first trip here? Or was it her first and she came prepared for anything? She looked strong, like she could keep herself protected at all times. That was what a woman could do. Instead or relieing on a man to protect you, she could protect herself, even if it was a swift kick in the croch or a jab on the stomach. “Aye… just as a little birdie told me where I could find you, Chief Renayu—he also told me your name.” she informed me. My people had no reason as to kepp secrets from anyone, even though they were still fearful of the Fire Nations histories with all the Nations including the water tribes. As the girl bowed in customary Fire Nation stance, I suprised many by returning the same gesture, allowing my hands to resemble a fire with one fist and an onpen hand upon the knuckles of the fist.

“I suppose that since I was the one who asked to see you, that I should explain why I am here. Incidentally, this has nothing to do with politics, though I must admit that debating such is quite entertaining. I am Zhin Suzume Lyautey, and ultimately, I just wished to meet you—to get to know you. I am unsure if you enjoy the preferential treatment that being the Southern Water Chief gives you, or if you are similar to some others who prefer to be treated as people instead of monarchs. I apologize if I offend. Otherwise, I just wish to say hello, to get to know each other a bit more, mayhaps. If you do not have the time right now, I completely understand and will come back later. What say you?”
This girl seemed to have met other World leaders before me. Yet why on Earth would one Fire Nation female, as young as she was, want to perform tasks in which World leaders try to acomplish in their days of rein?

"Believe me, you have not offebded anyone here. In fact I call upon my people to treat me like they would their own friends and family, since most of us do share blood. You do not have to refer to me as Chief. Renayu or Rena is acceptable, just dont let others know that." She inserted a wink here before moving on. "It is a pleasure to meet you miss Zhin Lyautey of the Fire Nation. My tribes people and myself welcome you to our tribe for as long as your stay may last. Now come with me and we shall talk in private if you wish. And pardon my current appearence. I was just finishing up some weapon's training for the night. My warriors here will see that nothing shall harm you here if something were to happen, Roku forbid." she said as she turned in the opposite direction facing her hut. She was going to wait for the girl to be at her side before moving on. Some of the tribes childern ran up to her and clinged to her legs. They giggled as they looked up at her. She laughed and pried them off her legs, bringing them in a bear hug before having some fun with them. She used her waterbending to create a slide down the road way. She created the walls out of snow and placed ice for the inside lining of the slide. She sent them on there way down the make-shift slide. Others joined in laughing and playing with outhers. Maybe that would show her that I am a gentle giant.

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Down Under (Renayu)   The Journey Down Under (Renayu) EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin often made little assumptions about people based on how they looked, talked, held themselves, dressed, and so on, but there was a big difference between assumptions and judgments. Zhin was simply a dreamer; one who liked to fantasize and create. But… she often lost track of herself if she ran too far down that road, so she was careful.
Zhin knew the differences between men and women. Foolish was the woman that thought she needed a man to protect her at all times, and foolish was the man who thought that women were defenseless. Granted, was no feminist. Nor was she trying to fight for any type of “liberation movement”. She was simply Zhin Suzume Lyautey. She did not support the weak or those who could not help herself—she was simply there to show people who she was; nothing more, and nothing less.
While some may have been surprised at a Water Tribesperson performing a Fire Nation style bow, Zhin simply smiled. It was good to know that the world leaders knew the tricks of other nations and cultures.it did boost her respect a bit as well.

“Very well, Renayu.” Zhin nodded in response to the Chief’s remark. She was no suckup or brown-noser, but Zhin did like common courtesy and basic respect, which was what she gave in this situation. She respected people like that as well.
“it is as I thought,” she told herself, “but it is not like I am trying to record this information for any other sinister purpose, unless learning about people is considered sinister. That would be the day, and it would be a very tragic day indeed if we ever degenerated as a society enough that we would reach that point. Luckily, I do not think that such a time will come anytime in the near future… or distant future, for that matter.”

She smiled and followed Renayu, chuckling lightly at the other woman’s remark. The two were more or less the same height. “Such is a common appearance for one who has just finished training or sparring.” She acknowledged, assuming that that was what Renayu had been doing. She managed to stay slightly classier than that, but she saw nothing wrong with not doing so. Zhin was just a neat-freak, and her well-groomed demeanor as well as her classy attire indicated this. It did not, however, make her a snob.

She smiled sweetly as she saw Renayu play with the children, and gave a few friendly little waves of her own. Being sociable was always a good thing.
Soon however, she reached Renayu’s hut, following the other girl inside.
“So… you wished to speak privately?” she asked curiously. She had been fine where they were, for nothing she had intended to talk about had exactly been a private matter.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Down Under (Renayu)   The Journey Down Under (Renayu) EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Renayu

As the woman made a remark about her clothing attire, She looked down. Was there truely something wrong with the way I looked? she thought as she entered the hut, keeping the door open for the visitor. Rena took her heavy coat off and replaced it with a wrap that was given to her as a gift by one of the elders in the village. She walked to the little kitchen area and began pouring tea. She started a fire in the fire place.

“So… you wished to speak privately?” the girl asked. Rena wasnt sure why she thought this to be a question, but yet she rarely ever had visitors in the South Pole. So whenever she did get a visitor or two, she always welcomed them to her home for a nice chat over a few drinks and maybe a meal.

"I like for people to be treated like guests when they decied to spend time in my Tribe. Its a tradition my father has started. He would welcome them to his home and talk to the visitors as if they were friends or family. Its nothing about being secretive of sneaky. It's just a friendly thing." she said bringing over the hot tea and some finger foods. She brought over some sweet dumplings she had delivered from a little family ran shop in the Fire Nation along with some other food items. She sat the drinks and food down on a little table surrounded by a few chairs. "So what brings you down here?"

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Down Under (Renayu)   The Journey Down Under (Renayu) EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin had a way of reading people, though she was not always 100% accurate. Either way, she could tell (or assumed that she could tell) that perhaps her remark about Renayu’s clothing had not exactly been as harmless as she had originally intended. Zhin had nothing against her looks, her clothes, or anything else. Just because she did things one way did not mean that she felt that everyone else had to do it that way to or be snubbed. No, she was much classier lady than that.
“I did not mean to be offensive when I made that remark, by the way.” She noted, “I do hope you did not take it as such.”
“it never hurt to play it safe in that regard,” she told herself, “I would rather have myself looking like a motormouth and the meaning of my statement correctly known than the opposite. A lot of hatred can spawn from misunderstandings. They are not good.”

Zhin’s other question was answered through showing, not telling, and to this, Zhin was surprised. Seldom did she meet people who were so hospitable personally to guests they had only met once in their lifetimes. It took a more hospitable woman than Zhin for that.
“I hardly expected it would be secretive or sneaky…” she nodded, “I simply found it surprising, is all. It is very appreciated either way… I just did not expect it. Nonetheless, thank you.”

Zhin helped herself to the food and drink once Renayu had done the same, thanking her as she did so.
“it is a remarkable amount of hospitality, and I almost was caught by surprise at it. Chief Renayu is an honorable woman, and surely she is well-loved by those who she presides over. I must say that I certainly approve as well, and not just because I am on the receiving end of free food and shelter for the evening.”

“Well,” she paused for a moment to think up an answer for the chief’s question, “I came down her to visit another acquaintance of mine, but mainly just to enjoy the company of the Water tribes. I did wish to meet you as well, and here I am. So in fine, I suppose I am simply here for my own enjoyment and to socialize with those from other cultures. Such are some of the things I appreciate in life, and again, I must thank you for your hospitality.”

She was not going to ask for more generosity, though she would not decline any if offered, as rejecting hospitality in a nation liked this seemed like the ruder option. She was perfectly fine with seeking out shelter in the city. She had plenty of money for her needs (and wants) after all.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Down Under (Renayu)   The Journey Down Under (Renayu) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Renayu

“I did not mean to be offensive when I made that remark, by the way. I do hope you did not take it as such.” Zhin had informed her. Renayu simply chuckled as she looked to the woman. She could easily tell two things about this woman: She didnt like to be offensive to anyone who does not deserve it, and she was never low on money. "Its ok. I normally do not look this battered after a sparring session. I respect peoples opinions and such about myself so i can understand how to act like a better leader." she had said.

“I hardly expected it would be secretive or sneaky…I simply found it surprising, is all. It is very appreciated either way… I just did not expect it. Nonetheless, thank you.” Zhin had said. This made rena think about how people are no-a-days. She knew many people who welcomed total strangers as friends and family into their own homes. Maybe she was just a member of a dieing breed. "Your welcome. I treat other more kindly and with more respect than i ever wish to have. This is just my way of saying thank you for allowing me to welcome you to the tribe."

“Well, I came down her to visit another acquaintance of mine, but mainly just to enjoy the company of the Water tribes. I did wish to meet you as well, and here I am. So in fine, I suppose I am simply here for my own enjoyment and to socialize with those from other cultures. Such are some of the things I appreciate in life, and again, I must thank you for your hospitality.” "Your absolutly welcome. It is nice that people such as yourself like to come around just to see and feel what it is like to be..umm..out of their element, no pun intended." This, renayu had to laugh at. It was the little things in life that allowed her to ease up a bit, not that this wasnt stressful or anything. "Although, this friend of yours, could this friendship or whatever be more than just what you are getting to?" Renayu was being scarcastic. She enjoied gossip and wanted others to feel good about themselves, even if it was just empty humor.

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Down Under (Renayu)   The Journey Down Under (Renayu) EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 am

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin chuckled. “I suppose looks do not matter when it is a matter of winning or losing.” She remarked, “not a bad thing either.”
She always liked looking her best, but understood that it was not always practical or even an option sometimes. She also liked sparring, especially against benders, who often had an edge for having a built-in weapon. For Zhin, that was just her hands and feet that served as her weapons. No metallic death instruments, no elements to bend… just plain ol’ Zhin.

Zhin smiled at hearing Renayu’s thoughts on respect and opinions and the likes. “It is a good philosophy to have.” She agreed, “although there is a danger to extremes of any kind. There are some people that are so open-minded that their brains have fallen right out!” she laughed. “Not that I am referring to you by any means… as long as you know and understand the danger of extremes on either end of that spectrum, I think you should be alright. That, and I have said it before, but I enjoy those who understand the concept of respect. Frankly, it is the easiest way to earn mine, which you have certainly done, my dear chief.”

“Perhaps I am rambling. I suppose that I would get politely told to shut up if that was the case. I am not sure, but I suppose that time will tell at this point.”

Renayu’s other remark made Zhin chuckle. “well, out of my element is certainly what I am right now, given that this is very obviously not the Fire Nation. However, the hospitality of this beautiful tribe has made me feel warm and right at home in most cases. For that, I thank you and your people.”
She did blush when the chief asked about her friend Akiyo.

“Err… I am honestly not sure.” She confessed in honesty, “we are good friends, but we don’t know each other a great deal just yet. Whether or not it goes beyond that, know that I am pleased by how hospitable and welcoming people of this tribe are.”

“Goodness, if Chiyo had heard all of this, she would have probably made some playful remark towards Akiyo and I telling us to fall in love already or something… I don’t know. Still, I like entertaining that thought. He is a nice man—handsome, smart, respectful, and an appreciator of things such as family and the finer things of life…

“So how about you?” she cooed playfully, “Anyone you’ve got your eyes on?”
she was not so much trying to turn the tables on her as much as she was just trying to get the same type of small talk circulating between the two of them.

Mood: Happy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Down Under (Renayu)   The Journey Down Under (Renayu) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Journey Down Under (Renayu)
Page 1 of 1