The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Journey with the Avatar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elegys
Elegys

EXP : 5160

Character Description
Position: Dark Avatar
Nation: Air Temples

Journey with the Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:40 am

Elegys

The Airbender jumped as he heard Zulera’s voice behind him. He spun around to look at her and couldn’t help but smile. He had made it! All of his dreams had finally come true, and he was finally going to discover his destiny!

His eyes moved down to his own body, and he let out a slight gasp. Whereas before he had been wearing a full robe, he now only wore the bottom half, with his bare chest exposed to the elements. Fortunately, his necklace still hung around his neck. ”It’s certainly… Different,” he said, raising his eyes as the Avatar spoke.

”Now what?” he said, not only directing it at the Avatar but also to himself. ”I don’t suppose you know any Spirits in the neighbourhood?” he asked, glancing around. They were on a flat plain, and he could see nothing except the volcano for miles around; and he most certainly didn’t want to go any closer to that thing.

Mood: Astounded
Condition: Spirit

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 1:03 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera did appear right behind Elegys, except that the spirit world also apparently did not differentiate between male and female. Thus, the avatar was also, oddly enough, bare from the waist up, barring the armored gloves on her hands, and the golden hoops in her ears. On the other hand, she seemed completely unfazed by this.

"that's just it though," she nodded in response to his question, "they could be anywhere, and there are millions of different kinds of spirits. It's a matter of deciding which ones you're after and where you hope to find them, I believe..." She was not sure what spirits had summoned him after all, and Zulera certainly could not say she knew of every spirit in the spirit world, or anything close.
"But... while I might qualify as the teacher, I should not be the leader. I'll follow you, and I've got your back... but by all means, I believe you should lead the way." she crossed her arms over her chest with a reassuring nod.
Mood: Intrigued
Condition: Spirited
Link: Zulera

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 1:11 am

Elegys

For the first time, Elegys noticed that the Avatar too was bare from the waist up. He cleared his throat slightly before speaking, noticing that it had become tight.

”Guru Tumaki wrote that travelling within the Spirit World isn’t the same as in the physical – a single footstep can take you miles, and time plays no factor. From what I remember of the Spirit, I think some kind of forest would be a good start,” Elegys said, keeping his eyes away from the Avatar’s bare chest. He breathed out heavily and pushed his arms downwards, concentrating upon what he was about to do. He pictured a forest in his head and took a step forwards.

Nothing happened. He growled slightly before re-focusing himself. This time, he pictured the description that Tumaki had written about one of the Spirit Wilds – a place beyond imagining, as far removed from a physical forest as could be. With that in his mind, he took another step.

Before he had even put his foot down he knew it had worked. The heat dipped instantly, and the canopy of the trees gave a nice shade that cooled him. He glanced around again, but no spirits were in sight.

”Spirits! I call upon you now, here my request!” he shouted, attempting to amplify his voice with his Airbending. When it didn’t work, he sighed. Of course, bending didn’t work in the Spirit World.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:08 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Incidentally, Zulera's bare-chestedness seemed to utterly unfaze the young Avatar. She was not going to try to draw attention to it or anything. Sure she could be seductive when she wanted to be, but this was just business. Heck, this time it hadn't even been a choice. She wondered why they had somehow both lost their upper clothing here, but didn't think too hard about it. There were far more pressing matters to think about.

Zulera nodded. "he was correct on that matter. Sometimes, I've been gone for hours when I barely take three steps into the spirit world, but more often than not, I am here for hours to learn it's only been a few minutes. There have even been times where literally no time passed at all since I left."

"For the properly focused," she pointed out, realizing what he was trying to do, "The spirit world can sometimes be like a lucid dream. If you become aware enough, you are able to shape it to your whims. Nothing here is ever permanent, except perhaps the Tree of Time."
With a chuckle she added, "It's funny--because there are two portals within a few hundred meters of this tree... and one leads to the Northern Water Tribe, whilst the other leads to the Southern Water Tribe." Truly, this was further proof of the spirit world's lack of perspective.

After Elegys' summoning failed however, Zulera stepped up next to him. "I suppose it's now a matter of finding out where they went... or who or what summoned you. You might even call it an adventure..." she chuckled, although wasn't neecessarily trying to make a joke of it--let alone a mockery. No, Zulera was genuinely interested in seeing how this played out.
Mood: Intrigued
Condition: Spirited

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:57 am

Elegys

Elegys scratched his head in contemplation. He hadn’t thought it would be easy, but he didn’t expect to be stuck so early. Sighing softly, he dropped to the ground and took up a meditative position. He racked his mind for the voice of the spirit, searching deep within himself for the identity of the sound. He had just glimpsed upon the memory when he heard the same voice in front of him.

“You called?”

Elegys’ eyes shot open and he leapt to his feet. Before him was a whirling mass of purple and black, seemingly absorbing the light from around it. Elegys took a step back, glancing nervously at Zulera. He steeled himself and re-applied his stoic facemask before stepping forwards once more.

”Great Spirit, I humbly ask for your guidance; you spoke to me once, and now I come to fulfil my destiny – tell me, what is it I must do?” Elegys said, giving great reverence to his words. The Spirit seemed pleased – at least, it grew slightly brighter.

“Air Nomads are always so fun,” the Spirit said, slithering closer to the pair. “And the Avatar too – this must be my lucky day. It isn’t every day that you get to meet the worst Avatar in history, is it?” the Spirit said, obviously attempting to bait Zulera. Elegys stepped forward to draw it’s attention back to him.

”Spirit, what is my destiny?” Elegys asked, glancing nervously around him. Pairs of eyes had begun to appear in the darkness around him – eyes of deep red and filled with loathing and hatred.

The Spirit laughed, if you could call its guttural choking a laugh, at least. “Why, you already know, Air Nomad. You are tasked to restore balance to the world.

“You must complete the job that she has failed.”

Elegys’ face dropped. This had to be nonsense – he wasn’t the Avatar, he couldn’t bring balance back to anything! He glanced nervously at Zulera, trying to gauge her opinions on the matter.

“Unless, of course,” the Spirit said in a silky voice. “The Avatar wishes to do the job herself? But somehow I doubt that outcome.”

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Perhaps ironically, this time Zulera stood her ground. This was not the firs ttime someone, spirit or otherwise, had called her the worst Avatar in history, and it very well might have been true. She was not about to get into an argument with a spirit over the matter. Instead, she would take a different route. If there was one thing that was constant about Avatar Zulera, it was that she was unpredictable and very seldom reacted the same way twice.

Nodding at Elegys as if to tell him to stay calm, the topless Avatar kept a confident and neutral expression on her face. there was no reason to get worked up just yet--at least not from Zulera's side of things. she had been in far worse situations than this before.

"I may be the worst Avatar in history," she stepped forward, "but someone has to be... where there is a best, there is also a worst. Where there is order, there will also be chaos. Where there is darkness, there is also light. Where there is evil, there is also good..."
"This is the balance of the world. Even the great spirits Raava and Vaatu cannot exist without one another. Tell me then... what sort of balance am I obligated to restore?"

Zulera had gone through enough trials and tribulations in her life to know what she wanted and what she didn't want. There were different kinds of balance, and this was the one that Zulera was seeking after. It was not to say that she was about to just blow off this spirit, but she was also not about to get walked all over.
Mood: Steadfast

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 11:56 am

Elegys

The spirit cackled, writhing around within itself even more than before. “Ah, but even Vaatu had to be locked away within the Tree of Time, young Avatar. Although both of the Great Spirits exist, one is chained and forced to simply wither, whilst Raava continues to roam both worlds at her leisure. Alas, this discussion is one for another time. The task at hand is much more important,” the spirit said, and it snaked closer to the topless pair.

“You should know what is happening, Zulera; you helped to set some of it in motion yourself! This ‘Industrialisation’ that you are so fond of may be good for your kind, but it hampers the power of the Spirits. Balance is not just something that must be achieved for mortals, Avatar; you must bring balance between the Physical and Spiritual Realms, and everything that lies in both! Alas, it is believed that you cannot do this, due to your own personal involvement in the activities. And that is why we summoned Elegys here.” The spirit slithered closer to Elegys, who took a step backwards. It was not fear; he stepped back into a defensive stance in case the spirit proved aggressive.

“Elegys is one of the more spiritual people in the world at the moment – his affinity for our ways is amplified by his Air Nomad teachings and his lifestyle, and he was chosen to lead the world into a new age of balance. Whether you help or not, Avatar, it will be done.”

Elegys looked nervously at Zulera again. He wanted to help the spirits, but to go directly against the Avatar? He knew he didn’t have anywhere near enough power or influence for that; surely there was another way?

”Zulera…” Elegys said slowly, picking his words carefully. ”The Spirit is right. The Monks have been predicting this for years, and something has to be done about it!”

Mood: Hopeful

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 4:45 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

One of Zulera's lifelong passions and dreams was to be remembered as the Avatar who ushered in a new technological age. It was not like he was tearing down kingdoms or ripping open spirit portals or committing genocide or anything. Zulera was interested in development for the sake of development. she was not about to abandon her designs and dreams just because of one spirit. She couldn't. It would destroy her whole life's purpose.

"but how does this threaten balance?" the topless avatar asked, "when it is simply furthering our own intelligence. The things I build are powered by the elements--renewable resources... they are not going to destroy this world and lay waste to it the way the Fire Nation of old did. I take many things into consideration when I build my machines... besides..."

She took a step towards the spirit in question, "it seems to me that the spirits are bossing the mortals around, instead of the other way around... but tell me... what is this new age of balance that you seek, and why does it feel like the Avatar is the one getting cheated here?"
Mood: Steadfast

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 5:14 am

Elegys

“I’ve heard it all before, Avatar; nobody creates these machines with the plan to destroy the world, yet it happens all the same. There will always be individuals that threaten the very existence of the world, and your machines are making it easier for them. You threaten the very existence of both of our worlds, not just balance.”

The spirit drew closer to the pair and seemed to grow, the forest turning darker around it. “The spirits seem to be the only ones trying to keep the balance around here. Your machines are instruments of war, while you should be trying to maintain peace. Nobody is being cheated, Avatar – you follow a path leading in personal gain, whereas the Spirits want what is best for both worlds, best for balance. Your co-operation is not essential, though,” the spirit said maliciously. “There are other ways to achieve our goal.”

Mood: Hopeful

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 12:34 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera stood her ground. "the world is changing," she replied, "and I intend to keep up with it, even if it does consist of me building grand machines and leading this world into a new era of prosperity. Knowledge is not something that should be harbored away from the people who deserve to know it. I have travelled the physical world and the spiritual world on my quest for knowledge, and I will not be stopped."

"Change does not always thwart balance. Balance is retained through progress. If the world progresses while human intelligence and technology remains the same, then the world will in fact be thrown out of balance. We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss, even if it will not come. I, however, still for that moment... and if it comes, I will not hesitate to leap. It is only when I fell that I learned whether I could fly."

"But..." she warned, "if you wish to make enemies with the Avatar, I would recommend planning very carefully. I do not seek war. I have stopped it, in fact, and will not hesitate to do so again."
She was standing firm in her decision. She was not about to back down from the thing she had dedicated her entire life to doing.
Mood: Defiant

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 1:23 am

Elegys

The spirit laughed; a deep, cruel laughter that seemed to echo off the trees all around them. “Enemies? You are no more to me than a fly, Avatar; your connection with Raava might have made you stronger in the physical world, but being joined to a human made her weaker. You can’t defeat us by force, child! And whether you agree to it or not, balance must be upheld – if not by you, then by somebody stronger in both spirit and mind.”

By this point, Elegys had backed up slightly from the pair. Power seemed to emanate from both figures, and fear was starting to grip the airbender. He glanced side to side, but couldn’t see any kind of way of escaping without the pair realising he had gone.

“You can’t hold to your petty ideals forever, girl; even you can’t be as blind as to think that humans will ever be free from war. Your technology makes it much easier for them to kill each other, and eventually they will die out. You cannot simply give them such weaponry and then halt wars whenever they occur; you are not a god, Avatar!”

At those words, Elegys couldn’t help but step forwards. ”Is there no agreement that you two can come to? There must be some way balance can be upheld!”

Mood: Scared

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera folded her arms, still as defiant as ever. "I am no god, and neither are you." she retorted, "I am but a mortal woman who manages to do what needs to be done in this world. The world pushes me without mercy, and when I finally decide to push back, the world points and cries, ‘evil’! My notion of balance and yours seem to differ, but I will not be bossed around. If you wish to wage war against me, then tread carefully. The world is a dangerous place, and the Avatar is a dangerous woman."

She was fairly certain that this was a dark spirit--a wolf in sheep's clothing, so to speak. There had been technological advancements before--which was why wars were fought with tanks and battleships instead of sticks and rocks. Where were these spirits for those advancements? or were they so vehement against it this time simply because the Avatar was one of the advocates of this industrial revolution.

"Behind the mask of the avatar is more than just a face, spirit. Behind this face lie ideas of great power--and you cannot kill an idea. If I was to die here and now, there would be others that would continue my legacy. If they were to die, it would continue to be passed from one individual to the other until it came to pass. You cannot stop progress. You cannot stop the destiny of the world."

With a pause, the Avatar's lips curled upwards. "but first, tell me this... who *are* you? for you sound awfully like an old friend of Raava and I..."

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 8:58 am

Elegys

Once again the spirit let out a deep laugh that made Elegys shudder. It writhed around and seemed to grow, towering over the pair now. “You know nothing of danger, Avatar; your stint as Keeper of Balance has been an easy one, although you have still handled it poorly. Your legacy leaves nothing but warmongering and attempted dominance. The spirits did not seek you to restore balance for this exact reason – you are too set in your ways, too unwilling to change. Your actions will be the death of both our worlds if somebody doesn’t change.”

The darkness around them grew as the Avatar spoke her last words. The spirit seemed to glow a brighter purple, seemingly growing in anger as well as stature.

“You know more than I that Vaatu is still trapped. It is for the best that he remains so – the world does not want to see him released once more. Vaatu is the spirit of Chaos and Darkness – I seek only balance and understanding. The world is not as black and white as you may understand it, Avatar. There are those who walk both sides, through light and darkness, to achieve their goals. I do what is necessary.”

After speaking, he turned towards Elegys, who stepped back as the spirit’s formidable might was attuned directly to him. “Now Elegys, will you accept your role? Will you restore what Zulera has failed to keep?”

Elegys frowned slightly, looking at Zulera. She was one with Raava, the spirit of peace and light, tasked with keeping Vaatu at bay and keeping the world in order. But maybe the spirit was right – maybe it was time for somebody who wasn’t so constrained to conventional ideas of good and evil, somebody who was willing to venture in the darkness if it brought balance.

The Airbender sighed. The ultimate sacrifice. Was he willing to go against his own ideals in order to save others? He shook his head slightly. The needs of the many always had to come before the needs of the few, or in this case, the one.

”I will. Tell me what I must do.”

Mood: Scared

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera smirked and let out a chuckle of her own. "then you have clearly not been paying attention." she responded. She was not afraid of the dark. "People often have this delusion that they know me... that they know what makes me tick. to give chaos as the answer would be generalized, but it goes much deeper than that. To truly understand the mind of the avatar.... you would have to BE the Avatar."
She took a deep breath, and sighed. "you are out of touch with reality if you believe that is what my existence has been about. You have not mingled enough in the mortal world to understand the era of peace and prosperity that I have ushered in, and that I fight to defend. The world is not black and white at all, and your false perception of it has blinded your actions and turned you against me. I am not the aggressor here."

Zulera was not easily one to be intimidated (with one prominent exception). "If you truly sought balance, you would have lauded me as a hero, and if you truly sought understanding, you would not be accusing me of things that I have neither thought nor done. I walk the line between light and dark and between good and evil because *THAT* is the nature of balance. One cannot exist without the other."

"I believe I've done what I had to do. I've taken the first step toward the future. No one ever said the trip would be an easy one." Zulera admitted, "gone are the days of the black and white world you used to know. Gone are the days of Yangchen, Kuruk, Kyoshi, Roku, and Aang. My past lives are in the past, and thus it is I that must press forward into the future. If I did not serve the needs of the many... the industrial revolution would have never begun.

Turning to Elegys, she also nodded, "Otherwise, I am done here. I know a dark spirit when I see one, and wishing to destroy the avatar is a pretty easy qualification, if you ask me." She was ready to leave.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Elegys

Elegys joined his hands in front of him and bowed deeply to the Avatar in a show of respect. ”Then this is where we part ways, Avatar. I hope that next time we meet it won’t be under such… Conflicting circumstances,” he said calmly. ”I will stay and see what the Spirit has for me; this is my destiny.”

After he finished speaking, he took a step towards the Spirit. It shrunk again until it was the same size as Elegys, and then turned to leave. Elegys took a few steps after it before turning around.

”Good luck, Zulera.”

Mood: Decisive

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey with the Avatar   Journey with the Avatar Empty

Back to top Go down

Journey with the Avatar
Page 1 of 1