The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

superfulous rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rafe
Rafe

EXP : 186
Birthday : 1987-02-01

superfulous rules Empty
PostSubject: superfulous rules   superfulous rules EmptySat May 04, 2013 2:42 pm

► One character per account. Multiple accounts are allowed and encouraged. If you know you will not have much time for the RP, don't create a new character, but instead stick with the character(s) you currently already have.

recently had a discussion with Daichi and the point of it was failed to be made apparent.
The argument that "it helps people keep track of characters" is a non argument as a character roster can be made and each profile within it hot linked to a main account. Then people can see that the character was made and is used by what user, and the user can have each one listed as a link in his or her profile.

► If you want to have a Special Position, such as a General, Admiral, Master etc. you have to ask a staff member for their permission. Usually higher positions are given when you are active and are a good RPer. If you do not ask for permission, and decide to make your character a General or whatever, do not be surprised if your application is denied. Don't be hurt if we decide you can't be a Admiral, not every single character has to be a rich, high-ranked bending master of ultimate capabilities.
^ this rule effectively makes the One character per account rule a chore since how can someone be effectively judged as "active" or "skilled" if there is no clear tracking system of how much or how littler a singe user has done.

I roleplay sometimes up to three characters at a time, this forces me to make three different posts if the three have to interact.
this system is only going to get in the way of effective sotryline or plot direction.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

superfulous rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: superfulous rules   superfulous rules EmptySat May 04, 2013 3:00 pm

Not really. It's much nicer to just have a separate account for each of your characters. Usually active members talk in the chatbox enough that we know whose character is whose. We also try to avoid RPing with ourselves because that completely defeats the purpose of roleplaying with other people. This is not the place for character's of your own creation to interact with each other, this is a place to write stories with others. It's also easy to tell if a member is active because usually active members will use the chatbox, and we will therefore know how active they are. Sites which have multiple characters on single accounts are always confusing, regardless of how many links you put in your signature.
Back to top Go down
Rafe
Rafe

superfulous rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: superfulous rules   superfulous rules EmptySat May 04, 2013 3:22 pm

but that still doesn't tell me why I need so many mule accounts when the character thread that zul made is so easy to follow
its litterally
*user name
main character
second
third

so if this exists isn't it so much simpler than forcing so many extra profiles onto people?
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

superfulous rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: superfulous rules   superfulous rules EmptySat May 04, 2013 3:24 pm

I don't recall where it was written that characters owned by the same person couldn't interact. granted, the reason it is in place is mainly because as Loki said, roleplaying with yourself does sort of defeat the purpose, but it is not explicitly written, nor should it be. (hell, we left Kai's threads up and most of them were just him posting)

as for the multiple accounts issue, there is a thread made for anyone with more than one active account, and it can be found here. it should clarify what characters belong to which people.

any other questions, feel free to nab me or whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Rafe
Rafe

superfulous rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: superfulous rules   superfulous rules EmptyMon May 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Ok I happen to know a bit about this so here we go

making a new account for each character means I need an email account for each character and the more email accounts you have the more fucked up your cyber security is. Im not going to make useless email accounts that I will never check again. Rafe is the main account and my subsequent characters will be used under his account as well.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

Character Description

superfulous rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: superfulous rules   superfulous rules EmptyMon May 06, 2013 6:04 pm

It sucks that you'll never get another approved character then. We can put your accounts under the same email after you register if you need that, I'm sure you have at least two emails.
Back to top Go down
Rafe
Rafe

superfulous rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: superfulous rules   superfulous rules EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:51 pm

I have a civilian email and a DOD email and I'm not puting that on here, if you changed the codeing to allow the same email thats one thing but requiring me to create a mule email for a mule character acount is just wrong and monotonous.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

Character Description

superfulous rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: superfulous rules   superfulous rules EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:14 pm

All well. Have fun playing Rafe!
Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

EXP : 14635
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Healer
Nation: Water Tribes

superfulous rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: superfulous rules   superfulous rules EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:15 pm

given that there's no activation email you have to click and open, you can in theory just make a bullshit one, and then refer to the instructions of this thread to consolidate them onto one email. (or since I already know you want to, just tell me/Meili/Zulera/Avlline/Raeya/etc)

I mean, it's not like we really email our users a great deal anyways, so email addresses aren't terribly important.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

superfulous rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: superfulous rules   superfulous rules Empty

Back to top Go down

superfulous rules
Page 1 of 1