The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules of the Arena

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Rules of the Arena Empty
PostSubject: Rules of the Arena   Rules of the Arena EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:30 am

Welcome to the Avatar Arena! test the skills of your favorite character(s) against the might of another user's character or two.

However, like any game, there are a few rules to ensure good fun, fair play, and overall enjoyment of this game from all parties.
Also remember that all applicable forum rules apply, as would be expected. So, here are the rules of Avatar Arena

•Absolutely no godmodding. This is important enough that I will repeat it at least one other time later on in this list.
•Be sure to read the signup rules. No just running into some random thread thinking you can join a fight so quickly.
•Stick to your own thread(s) unless authorized to do otherwise. Most of the time, however, these fights will be duels between two players, and so there will not be much of a need for interference of any kind.
•If you want team battles [or anything with more than 2 players], make sure that all involved parties are aware of it, and decide how you want your teams to be divided. it doesn't have to be 2-on-2 or 3-on-3. if a powerful character thinks she can handle 2 or 3 characters on her own, then go right ahead, as long as each player is aware of how the teams are being divvied. If this sounds confusing, then let's just stick to 1-on-1 for the time being
•Play nice, and play reasonably. Avatar is not anime, and so to have powerful attacks that blow half of the planet off into space is beyond the bounds of what the world of Avatar calls "reality". I assume that most of you have seen most of the show, and so try to stick within the confines that it set, or at least the bounds that the forum userbase has created. Obviously I want people to have fun, but when people start calling all their own shots and deciding that they're too cool to play by the rules, it ruins the fun for everyone, and fun is the main reason this is starting up in the first place.
•Absolutely no godmodding. I mean it. When you launch an attack at another player, you do not get to decide the outcome. The other player gets to decide whether or not the attacks hits. This also leads us into...
•Play fair. Not all of your attacks are going to hit, and not all of your opponent's attacks are going to miss. The secret to writing a good piece of story, and similarly, a good piece of role-play is to make it sound believable. a believable story is more interesting than some overpowered anime god who can't ever lose. And, no one wants to play against someone who doesn't want to lose.
•And and all disputes should be taken up with either me [Meili, Xilingshi, Zulera] or a staff member. Hopefully that won't ever need to happen though.
•Rematches are allowed, provided that both players are okay with it.
•It is up to the two players to decide who wins and who loses. Come to an agreement, roll dice, play Rock-Paper Scissors, meet up with each other in real life and beat the juice out of each other... just do something to decide who will win the match so that they don't drag on for time and all eternity, you know?
•And finally, absolutely no godmodding. I wasn't kidding.

...did I mention absolutely no godmodding? Rules of the Arena Azula

SETTING RULES:
these are much simpler, so hang tight; we're almost done, and you're almost ready to play.
•Each fight should have its own thread to prevent confusion.
•The first posts [namely, the first post made by player 1, and the first post made by player 2] should ideally contain a bit of description of the surroundings, so both players can be a little more aware of what sort of playing field they are on. like when you described your character's appearance, there is a lot of difference between saying "a volcano" than saying "an active volcano surrounded by smoky plumes of ash and a dark grey sky." While the descriptions are not required, they are highly recommended. [not in every post, mind you; just the first couple of posts, to set the scene.]
•any questions, comments, suggestions, or additions should be sent to Meili or a staff member
•and most importantly, have fun! There's no point in RPing if it's not fun, so let's play fair, write some good roleplaying games, and have a great time.

happy RPing.
Back to top Go down

Rules of the Arena
Page 1 of 1