The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Catching Air

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rafe
Rafe

EXP : 186
Birthday : 1987-02-01

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptySun May 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Rafe

It had taken him a few extra days after flying over the sea but Rafe finally stood at the top of a hill over looking the earth kingdom city of Gaoling. He had been interested in learning what was new in world since this was his latest expedition from the western Air temple. He had to be sure to bring back some souvenirs for the kids this time. Grinning slightly at the memory of their vengeance pranks He stepped over the ledge and plummeted a few hundred feet down before a small whirlwind kicked up under neath him and catching his fall a few feet from the hard earth. "So much faster than taking that long winding mountain trail" He gloated to himself loving how much easier travel was as an airbender. The city itself now only stood a few miles ahead of him which he closed at a good pace resting his glider over his shoulders.

Mood:bored
Condition:healthy

Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Loki

Loki had plenty of supplies as far as food went, and robbing the poor street vendors just didn't have the same excitement that it used to. While stealing in broad daylight had its thrills, Loki had decided she needed something bigger and more elusive. Gaoling did have its fair share of riches. The wealthiest people lived furthest away from the town's center, which actually made those houses the easiest to rob. They were much further from the most concentrated populations. Loki had her eye on a big home; she had no clue who lived inside of it, but the home looked incredibly clean. It had a lush garden behind it, and there were even some decorations on the outside of the home that were worth quite a lot. But those decorations wouldn't cut it for Loki, she wanted to do an inside job. It was just before dawn, and Loki had to be quick or else the inhabitants would wake up. She doubted the family paid for guards to constantly watch over their home, but Loki was going to play it safe. She quietly flew herself onto one of the manor's many balconies, found the door leading inside unlocked, and strolled in. This was obviously not a very smart family. While the balcony was incredibly high from the ground, why would someone with so much money leave any doors unlocked? Probably just forgotten, Loki thought as she continued on.

She hadn't exactly planned what she would steal, but as she crept through the bedroom that she'd entered through the balcony, she knew it was too dangerous to swipe things right next to a sleeping person. She silently made her way out of the room. She went down one flight, then two flights of stairs until she arrived in an expansive dining room. Fine china was on display, and she knew what she would be swiping. Pulling a burlap sack out of her pants, Loki began stacking dishes as quietly as she could. Slowly but surely, the porcelain plates were filling the bag, and not a sound had been made yet. Loki chalked this mission up as a success already. That is, until a man holding a bowl of steaming noodles walked into the room. Apparently noodles were best served at five o'clock in the morning. Loki saw him before he saw her, and, out of surprise and perhaps fear, she sent a blast of wind at him. The bowl of noodles splashed all over the poor man's face, and he screamed things like, "Ow!" and, "Thief!" and "Stop!" but Loki was already out the door, and she knew it wouldn't be long before authorities were notified of an airbender thief. The day was just beginning, and things seemed to be getting interesting.

Mood: Confident
Condition: Fine

Back to top Go down
Rafe
Rafe

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Rafe

Rafe reached the city gates about an hour after sunrise and was eager to get some food in his stomach. As he walked into the market he noticed that the streets had quite a few guards roaming around, more than usual from his experience but having just arrived there was no reason to suspect they were searching for him. Instead he made his way to a small shop and laid down a few copper pieces. "Fresh pie please." He asked before the server scooped up his payment.
Rafe set his glider and satchel aside and began to observe everything around him just absorbing the local culture and news of the day. Apparently there had been an attempted robbery. There were varying details about it too many to be sure of anything in Rafes mind but it seems the guards were following every story.
Just as his hunger was outweighing his curiosity his breakfast was slid onto his table, and with reckless haste Rafe promptly burnt his mouth on the fresh pastry. "Crap!" Rafe muttered as he lightly fanned his outstretched tongue and placed his free hand over the pie generating a small visible cone of air around it.
Everything happened at once then, a passing guard took notice of the whole event and Rafe found his hand caught in a firm grip. "An Ai elp ou?" Rafe asked still nursing his burnt tongue

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

EXP : 975
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Being in charge of a minor military division instead of a major one did leave Aveline with some withdrawals for a little while, but she soon grew accustomed to it, and it no longer bothered her. Things were fairly easy here in Gaoling. It was not without crime, but most were easy to apprehend, and seldom did it come to violence. Aveline did not worry too much about that either way.

Robberies were never as big a deal as the nobility made it out to be, but Aveline would deal with it when and how she could... when she was on duty. She sometimes helped if something happened while off-duty, but she trusted her soldiers to get things done. not just anyone joined Aveline's Ranks, and those who did, Aveline made sure that they could at least hold their own against her, even if she could still beat them (and destroy them in an arm-wrestle).

she noticed one of her on-duty guards grab the wrist of a fellow. She decided not to get involved yet, as sometimes the ol' redhead just wanted to stay out of the spotlight. If there was trouble though, the guard would easily be able to spot his captain.
Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Last edited by Aveline on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rafe
Rafe

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:56 pm

Rafe

The guard quickly pulled Rafe from his seat twisting his arm behind his back and reaching for a pair of shackles. "You're come with me airbender, you're to account for your whereabouts this morning." He droned while signaling another guard.
"Hang on a minute!" Rafe complained trying to free his arm but finding the guard to be to strong to break free from in this position. "What is this about I'm a simple traveler, I only just got into town!" He complained taking a quick note of where his glider was.
"Hmm, likely story, got anyone to collaborate it?" The guard asked with a hint of amusement.
Rafe decided that even if he did have an advocate this guard wasn't going to listen there must have been a commission for apprehending suspects. "I hope your head is as thick as I think it is." Rafe said before jumping backwards into the guards grip In mid air he managed to turn himself just enough to get his hand and arm free before kicking off the guards chest and sending him flying with a small push of airbending. Even as Rafe landing on his feet he heard several tables get knocked over.
Rafe didn't want to stick around and find out what was going to happen next, he took his glider and travel bag and made for the street then jumped onto the rooftops, leaving his uneaten breakfast behind.

Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

Character Description

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Loki

Normally Loki would have flown off at the first sign of trouble, but she'd actually been using her burlap sack to float from place to place. Now that she'd left it behind, because the man's appearance had been enough to make Loki drop it, she had no way of effectively flying. She'd have to find something else that could capture the wind for her and lift her off the ground. She could still make flying leaps, so she had no trouble going along the rooftops of the city. She was basically looking for a clothesline with a sheet hung up to dry, but she hadn't had much luck yet. People didn't tend to hang their clothes up to dry overnight, that was something you did once the sun was up. Loki sighed, and reluctantly waited around on top of one of the many buildings.

She was actually thinking about taking a nap, when she heard a commotion. A man in his early twenties was running in Loki's direction, and he seemed to be moving rather quickly. Loki stood up, brushed off her pants, and tried to decide what to do next. She would hide, but the rooftops of the city were bare, and she didn't want to jump down into the streets. If she did that, she'd have to reveal her airbending to cushion her fall. Her hesitation meant she was about to meet the man who was running toward her. He seemed to be holding a glider. Well that was interesting. Maybe Loki could rob this man and fly away.

Mood: Confused

Back to top Go down
Rafe
Rafe

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptyMon May 06, 2013 1:08 am

Rafe

Rafe only barely noticed another person in his way. There weren't many people atop the roofs and he didn't have time to interrogate anyone just yet. "I'd be running if I were you." He warned chancing a glance behind him to see if anyone was pursuing but kept his head long pace jumping the gaps easily with his momentum. However everywhere he looked guards populated the cities streets. "What is all this?" He muttered aloud stopping short on a small two story building and trying to find his bearings.

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptyMon May 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Aveline Zianja Tosari

It seemed that there were troublemakers afoot. She wasn't sure if they were actual criminals, and her guards and soldiers were far from oppressive. Still... she wasn't exactly one to let suspicious activity roll by while she turned a blind eye. her keen eyes noticed a pair of folks on the roof... an odd place for people to be unless they were patching a hole or something similar.

stamping her foot and flinging herself upward with a column of earth, she flipped up onto the rooftops, her bare feet barely making a noise as they thudded onto the roof a few feet away from where the others were.

"what is this, you ask?" she quipped in response to his question, "it's the city guard on patrol. little more."
There was little to suspect about this woman at first glance. she stood out because of her red hair, but when she wasn't in uniform, she was just another woman--a bit more muscular than average (also noticeable, given her arms were exposed), but otherwise only those native to the area knew of her rank.

"although, it would get me to wonder... what are you doing up here anyways?"
Link:

Last edited by Aveline on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rafe
Rafe

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Rafe

Rafe turned his body angling himself defensively toward the woman who just earth bended herself up onto the roof with him and the girl. 'great' He thought to himself wondering how far he could get before a boulder found his head. "Well it seems to me the guards are a little less grabby up here, I didn't realize it was a criminal offense to cool off my breakfast with a little airbending." He said reasonably watching Aveline carefully for any sign of bending being subversively done.
"I take it you would be the local vigilante then miss, you're not quite as 'arrest first talk later' as the regular garrison I've met."

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:53 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline may not have been the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she was far from the dullest.
"I never said anything about you breaking laws." she countered, "I simply asked what you were doing on a rooftop of all things. Surely you don't need to bring your breakfast up here to cool it off."

Aveline's stance was relaxed and she did not seem ready for an attack. "those who have done nothing wrong have nothing they need to hide from the Captain of the Guard. Off-Duty or on, I can still ask a question, can I not? or did someone change those laws when I wasn't looking?"
Link: Aveline

Last edited by Aveline on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rafe
Rafe

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptyTue May 07, 2013 2:10 am

Rafe

Rafe ground hsi teeth in agitation. Was this woman toying with him. "Actually I had to give up on breakfast since the guards saw fit to try and arrest me on sight. So you tell me what you would do, stay on the streets or evade the lot of them all together?" He asked still wary any move she made. Even if she did relax her posture he kept his balance on the balls of his feet ready to dodge. "I'm not hiding anything just trying to figure out why I'm being hounded by your guards miss captain." He said after Aveline introduced herself through her position and rank. "So tell me is it just some earth bender air bender grudge or did I break some town rule by ordering that pie, you hold all the cards here."

Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

Character Description

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Loki

Loki quickly realized it was too late to make her escape.  No way was she stealing this man's glider right in front of the captain of the guard.  She'd just throw a rock at Loki, Loki would hurtle to the ground, and she would be jailed while this man got away free.  No, Loki would have to play this man and get him arrested in her place.  In the meantime though, she just tried to stay small and let the man next to her dig his own grave as he got more and more aggressive.  She put on a very blank face, hoping it would prevent anyone from reading her emotions.  In her head though, she was planning how to go about this so that she got away safely.

Mood: Scheming

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline blushed a little, mostly because she was responsible for these men and women.
"perhaps a few of them are... overzealous." she stammered.  "not all of them are like that, and if you can talk a bit of sense into them, it wouldn't have to come all the way to me. if you *were* doing something suspicious however, it's far easier to turn yourself in than to run."

she paused. "but I'm sorry if you were falsely accused. I will do better to keep my overzealous guards in check next time. Till then, you can report them to Captain Aveline." she indicated herself. it was always an embarrassment when her guards went after the wrong suspect, and usually it somehow came back to her, as the leader of them. But... what could she say? it was part of the job.
Link: Aveline

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catching Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Air   Catching Air Empty

Back to top Go down

Catching Air
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Earth Kingdom :: Gaoling-