The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dark Avatar Rises

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elegys
Elegys

EXP : 5160

Character Description
Position: Dark Avatar
Nation: Air Temples

The Dark Avatar Rises Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Avatar Rises   The Dark Avatar Rises EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 1:18 pm

Elegys

The cold, red light of the sunset at the Southern Water Tribe washed over the figure that stood upon the hill. He wore a set of long robes, but they were of a plain grey colour. Around his neck a small shell was tied, and the man was holding it, running his finger over it slowly.

He had seen the Fire Lord’s airship arrive, and still he waited. The Earth Queen had arrived as well, and he continued to wait. Barely moving an inch, he stood as a silent guardian over the Tribe, his eyes concentrated on the Palace. After waiting for what seemed like a painstakingly long time, he raised an arm slowly. A gust of air whipped up around him, sending the snow flying upwards for only a second before dropping back to the floor.

Movement erupted at the Palace. All around the Tribe, warriors were springing into action, activating the trap that he had thought out for so long. So far it was a success, but he did not smile; the hardest part had yet to come. He turned on his heel and moved into the Spirit Forest that surrounded the Southern Portal, moving easily in the darkness. He had travelled the path many times before, but after this time, everything would change.

He reached the open portal quickly, and let out a sigh. This was it. After this, there was no turning back; his life would change forever. He gulped slightly, and stepped into the portal.

Elegys emerged at the plateau where the Tree of Time had stood since the beginning, and recently had become the prison for the Spirit of Chaos, Vaatu. It was there that he headed, but the distance seemed to warp and shrink, causing him to arrive in a few steps. He stood before the tree and looked up into the face of Vaatu.

”Vaatu. It is time.”

The spirit seemed to writhe within its prison. It turned towards the Airbender, and Elegys had the strangest feeling that Vaatu was actually happy.

“I have waited a long time for this, Nomad. You would do well not to disappoint me; only together can we destroy the world and finish off Raava for good.”

The Nomad averted his eyes from the spirit. He hadn’t told Vaatu his true plans of course – otherwise he would never have agreed to merge with him in the first place. He had told him enough to gain his allegiance, and that was all he would know of it. A gust of wind blew from behind him and he turned to see Galaad, seemingly having appeared out of thin air.

”The Spirit Portals are prepared – with all of them, we should be able to harness enough energy to free Vaatu. Are you ready for this, Elegys?”

Elegys nodded slowly. For the past few months it had been all he had thought about, but now that he was here he was beginning to have second thoughts. Galaad believed in him, but could he tame Vaatu? He had seen first-hand that Raava didn’t control the Avatar, but could Elegys exert the same command over this more unruly spirit? He gulped and turned to face Vaatu.

”Begin the ritual, Galaad. I’m ready.”

He heard an intense screech behind him and closed his eyes. Galaad had been busy in the Spirit World while Elegys was gathering Allies in the Real World – he had visited a multitude of open spirit portals across the world and harnessed the cosmic power of each. In his opinion, it would be enough to break Vaatu free without the need for harmonic convergence, which Elegys simply couldn’t wait for – it was almost 10,000 years away, after all.

Lights began to fly towards the Tree of Time, seemingly from every direction possible within the world. The two Spirit Portals that led to each side of the world seemed to curve inwards slightly, but it still wasn’t enough. Elegys looked back to see Galaad, and let out a gasp. His mentor had grown massively in size, now larger than the tree itself. Somehow, it seemed the cosmic energy was powering up the spirit as well.

Betrayal crossed the Nomad’s mind. Had this been a trap? Had Galaad planned this all along, just to increase his power? Just as the Airbender took a step forwards, however, Galaad began to deflate. A huge beam of light erupted from his body and collided with the tree, causing it turn a bright yellow colour and begin to pulse. The purple spirit collapsed onto the floor, but Elegys couldn’t go to him now. His eyes locked on Vaatu just as the two Spirit Portals touched, and the Spirit of Chaos was released from his prison.

He flew out of the tree with such an intense strength that Elegys had to take a step back to balance himself. Vaatu flew in the air in several circles, stretching out his tentacles and humming with power. And then, without warning, he dropped to the ground right in front of Elegys, who felt the Spirit’s power begin to enter him.

“Prepare your body, Nomad. This may well destroy you, which I’m sure would be an inconvenience. If you somehow manage to survive, then the world will crumble.”

Vaatu flew forwards into Elegys’ chest, and he dropped to his knees. Heat seemed to course through his body, but it wasn’t a warming heat – it was so intense that he felt as if he was burning from the inside out. He began to breath heavily as pain wracked his mind, the deep laugh of Vaatu echoing around as if within a cave. He fell forwards onto his hands and knees, panting heavily. After a few seconds the pain began to subside and he stood back up.

Straight away he could feel something different – he felt powerful. Laughing maniacally, he spun in a circle with his arms extended, causing a huge tornado of wind to whip up around him with minimal effort. He clapped his hands together and the tornado blew outwards, knocking the leaves off the trees that were quite some distance away. His eyes flashed purple for a second and he fell back down to one knee as a voice entered his mind.

Get to the portals, you fool. We don’t have long until Raava arrives!

Elegys nodded and turned towards the Southern Portal. His mind flashed to Galaad for a second, but he quickly put the spirit out of his mind. He wasn’t important anymore – only Elegys was important now. He felt his body shift in space and he appeared before the portal instantly, before raising back up to his full height.

He put his hand forwards and touched the massive stream of energy. At first he felt little different, and removed his hand to look at it. Had it worked? He racked his mind quickly, but couldn’t work out what had gone wrong. He turned slowly on the spot, ready to ask Galaad what had happened, when he remembered about the Spirit collapsing.

”Galaad!”

He ran forwards and appeared at the spirit’s side. He dropped down next to him, and sorrow filled his mind and body. The spirit still glowed, but it had become very dull.

”It’s done, Elegys. I’m done. I put all of my power into that last blast, but I think it worked – I forced all of my being into it, and now you can fulfil your destiny.”

A single tear ran down the Nomad’s face, and he expected to hear the mocking voice of Vaatu, but it never came. ”Vaatu?” he asked cautiously, but his head remained silent.

”It worked. My power, however small, seems to have tamed him just enough for you to control. But you’re on your own from here, Elegys – I can’t help you anymore, and Vaatu should remain quiet for a very long time. But remember this, Elegys – betrayal awaits you at every step. Be… Careful,” Galaad said, shrinking more and more with each word. At his last word he faded, leaving behind nothing but an ash mark upon the ground. Tears ran freely down the Nomad’s face now; Galaad had been his only friend, even if they had known each other for a short time. He had died because of his belief in Elegys, that he would do what was right – and he would try to live up to the legacy that had been forced upon him.

Tears still on his face, he rose to his feet. He raised an arm slowly, and a spout of water from a nearby puddle rose into the air at his command. He released it and turned on his heel, heading to the Southern Portal. His allies needed help, and he was ready to support them now.

Mood: Prepared
Condition: Dark Avatar’d

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

EXP : 820

Character Description
Position: Cook
Nation: Air Temples

The Dark Avatar Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Avatar Rises   The Dark Avatar Rises EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Daichi

Daichi stood outside the the cave. A blizzard raged in the distance. The Avatar would surely come and disrupt Elegy's plans. As he sat there on that cold winter day he thought about what he has done. He was going to verge with Vaatu and essentially destroy Raava. He realized he made a bad decision. There was little he could do except to possibly backstab Elegys.

He pulled out of his bags an old book of his. He must have forgotten to burn it. In it was childhood memories growing up in the fire nation; Warm summers at Ember Island,Delicious food he cooked and love of his parents and his culture. "What have I become?" Daichi said.

Mood: Sad
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down

The Dark Avatar Rises
Page 1 of 1