The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

EXP : 2065
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Unofficial Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open)   Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open) EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:55 pm

Alxina “Alxi” Jyan

Alxina sat astride her pet eagle-fox, Lolani, her weary feet blistered and her too-big-boots causing lots of chafing and pain. She looked down at the village of Shu Jing, the wind blowing her silky long blonde hair out behind her. With a click of her tongue, Lo began descending, her large paws padding silently down the mountain. Alxi clicked her tongue again--not really able to hear it, but knowing that she was making some kind of noise--and Lo began speeding up. Alxi could feel the muscle and bone moving beneath her, rocking her body gently back and forth. It reminded her of a vague memory when she rode an ostrich horse, only Lo ran much stealthier.

Alxi tugged on her left ear, knowing that it was useless but wanting to hear just a bit more than she could. She looked around, knowing that the forest and mountains above Shu Jing were filled with teeming life, and she couldn't hear any of it. Lo passed under a tree, and a few leaves brushed against Alxi's right ear, but she couldn't hear the rustle like before. She viewed this as the Spirits' way of punishing her for her misdeeds, and had come to terms with that, but she still longed to hear the most simple things. So much was just taken for granted.

She resumed looking back at the village, a few trees and plants obstructing the perfect view she had at the summit of the mountain, but knowing that she was headed there. It was said that a great teacher lived there; perhaps she could learn a bit more of the Kyoshi art of fighting from this teacher.

Lo got to the village in great time, and bounded into the streets, the flow of people disrupted. She could see people speaking, but the noise was all gone but a little bit of fuzziness in her left ear that meant that the noise was pretty loud. A woman screamed somewhere; the pitch and volume of it was enough for Alxina to know who did it and where from. She shot this woman a scornful look; her pet was tame. She could feel Lo's chest vibrate under her, and knew that Lolani was growling. Alxi slipped off of the creature, petting her nose, looking at the people all around.

"Where is the school?" she said, knowing how to moderate her voice so that she didn't speak to loudly. When she had first lost her hearing, she'd spoken far too loud and was constantly shouting. Now, she knew that even though SHE couldn't hear her words, others could. The faint buzzing in her ear stopped, and she watched as everyone went silent. Then a man began speaking, but she couldn't hear him. She watched the motions of his hands intently, but couldn't quite understand what he was saying. "Louder. I'm deaf." she commanded, not hearing her words but knowing the tone of authority in her voice, and the man shot her a wide-eyed look. He simply pointed towards the western point of the town, away from the eastern mountain that she had arrived from, and she nodded in thanks.

She climbed back aboard Lo, who whined in protest--just loud enough for Alxina to hear--, pawing the ground with her front paws like she always did when Alxi wanted to ride her. But, Alxina's feet were killing her; she'd treat her pet to a nice meal tonight, and all would be forgiven. She clicked her tongue at Lo, her inner ear detecting the noise's vibrations, and Lo began running in the direction the man had pointed. Her body bounded along, stretching and contracting with each leap, and Alxina grabbed a fistful of her fur to prevent being thrown off by the creature's speed.

ooOOooOOoo

The school was old; that much was obvious. Alxi looked at the gates; they were shut and barred. The school was closed. She looked at Lo, unhappy with this. How was she supposed to meet a "great teacher" if the school was closed? She then saw the fire insignia on the side. It was a firebenders' school. This was not where she would meet her "teacher". She looked around, not seeing anyone in sight. Where did she go now?

Mood: Smug
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open)   Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open) EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Eona had been wandering. Having given up on eating human flesh she had withered away. To all that saw her it was a wonder how she was even able to move being nothing but skin and bone. But if one saw her, and of that one knew who she was before. Then they would be able to recognize her. And so, she had been wandering. Sick with worry after so many years of searching for her daughter. And so, she found an old school. And she went around it, seeing Alxina.
Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open)   Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open) EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Alxina “Alxi” Jyan

Alxi petted Lo, leaning against her warm fur, stroking the feathers in her wings. The school was old, but set away from the main part of the town, which Alxina appreciated. She looked up, hearing a rustle of leaves, not believing what she was seeing. "Ma?" She called, not able to hear her own voice, but it was full of astonishment and wonder.

She stood immediately, a hand on Nami, her dagger, strapped to her belt that was holding her loose shorts up. Lo immediately began growling ferociously, coming to stand in front of her, wings spread, claws and talons out. Alxi hushed her, but Lo held her stance, although the growling quieted to the point that Alxi couldn't hear it.

Mood: Smug

OOC: SORRY, IT'S UBER SHORT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open)   Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open) EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:11 pm

Eona's voice was weak, traveling for twenty years and eating very little had made her weak, "Hello. I'm so glad that I found you." Her voice was barely a whisper. She had lost most of it long ago, when she had first left. She had spent weeks doing nothing but shouting in the woods, yelling out Alxina's name. "I was so fearful for you, my child. When was the last time I ate?" She pondered to herself lastly, she then fell to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open)   Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open) EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:27 am

Alxina “Alxi” Jyan

Alxina didn't know whether to run to her adoptive mother or to run away. The woman was obviously emaciated; Alxi didn't even ponder about this, instead having a million other thoughts running through her mind, like how had her mother found her after twelve years? Lo whined to her, brushing her hand with her nose, and Alxi patted the eagle-fox's head before taking two steps towards her mother. Lo automatically took initiative and got in front of Alxi, head low to the ground, talons out, wings spread like she always did when she sensed danger. Lo reached Eona first; her nose nudged the woman's shoulder, and then Lo backed away slowly, a hiss in the air that Alxi couldn't hear. Her dagger, Nami, was out and ready, clutched in one of Alxi's hands, her other hand at the Kyoshi style bladed fans in her belt, Tui and La.

Alxi stopped just far enough from her mother that if her mother tried to grab her, she could back away and Lo would attack. One of the many benefits of having such a large and ferocious pet. "What are you doing here?" Alxi asked so quietly that she couldn't hear her own voice; it was full of fear, dread, and anger to those who could hear it. Lo growled from behind her, but Alxi more sensed than heard it, and she hushed the eagle-fox as she bent over towards Eona. Her eyes were wide and fearful, the striking blue color not full of wonder like they had been when Eona and Alxina had first met.

Alxi placed a hand on Eona's shoulder, and shuddered, but kept it there. "Am I next on your menu?" she asked quietly, voicing a tiny childhood fear that had followed her through her life. Could Eona have wasted away, searching for Alxi to eat her? Had she survived on the bare minimum to punish Alxi for leaving her? Alxi couldn't bear the thought, and recoiled from her adoptive mother. Lo immediately brushed against her, and Alxi felt comfort in the feeling of her pet's fur and feathers. She looked at her mother, now ten yards away, sitting on the ground, Lo standing in front of her. Alxi could barely see over Lo's back at Eona, and Lo was growling consistently, although her wings were no longer spread; her talons were out though. Alxi could see that the threat was less, based upon Lo's reaction, but she didn't dare go close to Eona again. Instead, she laid her head against Lo's haunches, who remained standing guard and growling. She wouldn't leave her mother to die from exposure, but she sure as heck wasn't making any moves to help her, either.

Mood: Undecided

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open)   Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open) EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Eona looked at her daughter, she reached into her robe. It was the same one that Alxina had given her long ago, "You forgot your claws..." She barely whispered. Her hand came out and they held her claws within them. "Alxina... I have given up eating meat... Just to find you... And now that I have... I can die..."
Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open)   Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open) EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:47 am

Alxina “Alxi” Jyan

Alxina couldn't help but be disgusted. A powerful woman--terrible, yes, but powerful--was reduced to this? Even as Alxina had run away from Eona, she had always thought of her as a symbol of strength and power. The power to choose whether one lived...or one died. She couldn't hear exactly what Eona was saying, but saw the claws come out of the red silken robe that Alxina had torn from the body of a woman who had only wanted to help her. "I don't want the claws. And I can't hear you; I'm deaf." Alxi answered, her nose wrinkled in distaste. Lo sat heavily, sending a dust cloud everywhere, and Alxi couldn't see for a moment. This didn't scare her; she was used to sensory deprivation. She breathed calmly through her nose, a smell of faint sweat upon Eona's skin; Lo's scent was like pine needles, although a little muskier, also with a bit of sweat; Alxi's own scent was of clean clothing and yes, sweat. She took a moment to rub the dirt from her eyes, before opening them. It stung, and she quickly grabbed her canteen to remove the dirt. "Lolani...." she chided as the last of the dirt was removed. She looked back to Eona, still unhappy.

Lo stood up and began circling Alxi's mother slowly, and Alxi had to reach out a hand and grab the eagle-fox's tail before she pounced on her mother. She could see that Lo was hungry, what better to eat than something weaker than her? Lo was, after all, an animal. Alxi clicked her tongue at Lolani and the great beast came and sat next to her, laying her head in Alxi's lap, drooling on her shorts. Alxina didn't mind this; she'd just wash them once this whole thing was done. She needed a bath anyways, now having a film of dirt in her hair and on her clothes.

She looked at her mother, laying there in the road, Alxi's claws in her hand. With two clicks of her tongue and a motion, Lo went and snatched the claws from Eona's hand with her great jaws, and came and dropped them in Alxina's lap. Alxi inspected them; they looked the same as the day she left, not a single dent, not a spot of rust. She looked at Eona warily, before tucking her fingers into her claws. Her hands were still almost as small as they were when she'd been younger, as Alxi was still extremely tiny, reaching a bare minimum of five feet; she was also considered underweight; sometimes she joked with Lo about how all of her weight went into her shapely form. She flexed her hands with the claws on; this felt both familiar, and wrong. With a disgusted gasp, she realized just how many she felled with these same claws, just how many she'd SKINNED.

She flung the claws from her, and Lo went and sniffed at them for a moment before running off to chase a squirrel-bat that was messing around in one of the many pine trees. "So you basically spent the last twelve years wanting to give me my old claws?" Alxi asked in pure disbelief. Honestly, the things some people did these days...

Mood: Disgusted

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open)   Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open) EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Eona looked at Alxina, she spoke loudly this time. "My daughter.... I came to give you a gift..." She started to wheeze, her time was nearly up. "I gave up on meat a long time ago, I couldn't eat it without it reminding me of you..." She reached into her old robes, and she pulled out larger claws, one that were black. "I had these made for you, for when you got older... They are made from obsidian, but the claws that they fire are simple wooden stakes... Now that you have this... I can finally die... I love you..." And with that she fell, her last breath was audible to all that were around her, "My child..."

[EONA DIES]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open)   Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Pasts and Bright Futures (Open)
Page 1 of 1