The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inviting Them In [OPEN]

Go down 
+3
Zulera
Kei
Sagittaria
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

EXP : 3500
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Sagittaria Suki Svenja

Saj sat them down nearby, but not close enough to eavesdrop (plainly) on the avatar's conversation. She nodded towards the list of drinks on the wall. "welp, pick your poison then." she indicated. She got something that might get her a light buzz, but she had drank before anyways. Hitting up a lot of coastal regions meant she stopped at a lot of traveller's taverns. Besides... she almost never went anywhere without her friend Mirablle, which explained the wooden contraption strapped the the young woman's back.

she flipped some hair out of her face as she got her drink. "so... what'll it be?" they could talk business over drinks, she figured. it wasn't like this was some nefarious scheme to get the two of them in bed or anything. Saj just found a bit of alcohol a nice way to unwind.
Mood: Amused
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Feren
Feren

EXP : 1810

Character Description
Position: Engineer
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Feren

He sat opposite of Saj, looking at the list of drinks. He hardly knew what half of these even were! "Uh, I'll go with... Yakow milk?" He said questioningly, looking at Saj to see if it was a good drink. Feren had never been to a bar or tavern, so he had no idea of even standard drinks that the Earth Kingdom had, He kept glancing at the avatar, wondering when she would be done talking. They weren't close enough to eavesdrop, which was good for him. Less distractions.

Mood:A bit Nervous
Condition:Healthy
Link: ""

Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:44 am

Sagittaria Suki Svenja

"heh. not a fan of the booze are we?" she was mostly just curious. "not a bad choice either way though. I digress." they did have non-alcoholic choices for people though, and thankfully Yakow Milk was exactly what it sounded like as opposed to some crazy mixed drink or something.

"so I guess in the meantime, should we get acquainted?" she asked, "y'know... at least a little about name and nationality and where we came from... not like we're suddenly lovers or anything." she chuckled. "just to pass the time or something. it's just a thought. I can even go first if you want."
it was clear that not only was Sagittaria outgoing, but she was also incredibly charismatic and talented with words. It would be interesting to see how she presented herself to the avatar when the time came to do so.

Back to top Go down
Feren
Feren

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Feren

"Not really, no." Feren replied to the booze comment. He was nodding at her when she mentioned getting antiquated, but as she said the word 'lovers' Feren looked like a tomato. All bright red with even the thought of imagining them as lovers. "U-uh, Y-yeah s-s-sure, you g-go first....." Once again, Feren was was embarrassed and had no clue how to respond. Was she being flirty by saying that? Or was that just Saj being Saj? Either way, best to go along with it.

Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Sagittaria Suki Svenja

"heh, don't worry. it isn't for everyone." she wasn't trying to guilt or pressure him into drinking or anything. "Heck, story goes that the Firelady herself can get drunk on a single sip, while her husband could drink a whole barrel and it might just make him belch. Not entirely sure how true it is, but never let the truth get in the way of a good story, eh?" she laughed.

"Me? I'm Sagittaria, as I've mentioned before. Saj, for short. I've mostly been working for the Water Tribes shipping goods from the north and south to the Earth Kingdom or the Fire Nation, though I'm originally from Shu-Jing. I've got 7 younger siblings, to whom I am a terrible example, but am still a shrewd businesswoman and a professional storyteller. Something like that anyways."
"So..." she took another sip, "how about you? surely a good-lookin' dude like yourself has some stories to tell, mm?"

Back to top Go down
Feren
Feren

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:54 am

Feren

Feren listened to her patiently, almost imagining parents arguing with her while kids in the background scribbling on walls or jumping over the couch and horse playing. He had seen those kind of households when he was younger, but was never in one. He blushed once more to her calling him a 'Good lookin' dude'. Then she asked him about his life, and he could remember it clearly. Just, when he did tell her, he looked like he was looking past her, more reliving his past life then telling it.

"I was born in the Northern Air Temple, in a family line of engineers and inventors. Except we weren't proud in any way. My parents were horrible people. They cheated, they lied, they made random useless junk and the stuff that was useful broke within hours of use. People hardly bought from them. Only the people too poor to buy the nicer stuff went to them. We never had much because of the low income. In frustration, they would usually beat me." At this point, a few sweat drops came off of Feren's forehead and cheeks. "They even broke my forearm once. Took a long time to heal, and very painful due to the lack of any kind of pain killer. Two years ago, I was sick of it. I took off, knowing the little knowledge I had. I wound up in Ba Sing Se where I started my own shop. When I was little, I took things apart to see how they worked. My parents beat me for that too. Anyways, I lived off of the income I got from the shop, hardly ever shutting the doors. Then a few weeks ago I found the flier for Zulera City. I came as soon as I had the funds to ship my stuff down here along with me. I had to sell my shop, And I hope this place will be worth it." He took a deep sigh, and was present once more. "I'm 17 and name is Feren." He gave a little smile, then looked back down at the table, his Yakow milk arriving. He muttered his thanks, and took a sip. He looked definitely depressed for a moment before looking back at Saj.

"So, 7 siblings huh? H-how is that like?"

Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 1:31 am

Sagittaria Suki Svenja

Sagittaria listened with interest and a bit of surprise at the story. "well... not to be rude or anything, but your parents sound like assholes." Sure Sagittaria's parents had been fairly firm in laying down the law, but that just meant that there was discipline in her house and so her siblings weren't bouncing all over the walls. they didn't fear mom and dad; they simply respected them as the authority over the home.

"well... that sounds like quite the adventure if I say so myself. Luckily you're here now though... I figure that if Zulera City manages to take off, that we'll be able to live pretty damn well." she wasn't referring to them together of course; just that she'd have a good life and that so would he.
"7 siblings... is pretty fun. they're well-behaved enough most of the time, so there wasn't any of that crazy shit you might think. but the stories we could tell... well, let's just say there wasn't a dull moment."
she glanced back over at Zulera and Kei.
"damn, they're chatting away over there aren't they?" she ordered another drink.

Back to top Go down
Feren
Feren

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 2:12 am

Feren

"Yeah, real, uh, assholes." To be honest, that was Ferens first time cursing. "And that sounds amazing. But, I wouldn't have liked a brother or sister, because they would be beat as well. Anyway, yeah. If Zulera City can take off, then I would be set. I just need friends or something. I-i mean, we're friends, but, you know. More. Not that you aren't good enough or anything!" As Saj could probably see, he didn't even know how to have friends. "Oh forget it, I'm making it worse..." He looked back at his drink and drank more.

Link: Feren

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:41 am

Kei

After a brief pause and much difficulty deciding whether he wanted to buy a couple of drinks, Kei finally decided why not.
"Yo Bartender, can I get a couple of glasses of Orange juice here?" Kei called out, not pointing out that just under water, Orange juice was the cheapest drink being sold.
Striking up a conversation as the Bartender was bringing over the drinks, Kei asked Zul, "So, how's life been treating you? I imagine pretty well if you're in the mood for building cities."

A while ago, back when he was an Assassin, back before the world presumed he was dead, Kei could easily come up with a handful of people that could greatly contribute to the building of the city. Of course, as of now, none of these people actually knew Kei was alive. Kei was not going to reveal to them either the fact was indeed still alive for fear that he was not actually dead becomes widely known.
"Sorry," Kei had to tell Zulera as a result, "I know I may not seem it, I'm a really big shut in and I don't handle social confrontations very well. That being the case, I don't really know anyone who could join this project."

Mood: Casual
Condition: Fine

Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:57 am

Sagittaria Suki Svenja

For Sagittaria, swearing was just something she did. it wasn't like she was here to try and coerce him into using bad language. In fact, if he didn't like it, all he would have to do would be to tell her to stop and she would.

"you seem so tense." Sagittaria observed, sitting next to him, but still giving him space. "you alright? is there something worrying ya?" she ruffled his hair playfully but reassuringly--the way a friend would. that's what they were now, right? Sagittaria was one of those charismatic and outgoing people who could make friends fairly easily.
"it's not cuz we're dressed nearly the same or anything, is it?" she joked, flipping some hair out of her face. She had on a white dress shirt under a dark red vest and matching slacks, with dress shoes on her feet. She had wanted to look professional for Zulera when she showed up.

Back to top Go down
Feren
Feren

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Feren

Saj was right, Feren was being a little tense. After telling his story, he was sweating lightly and his muscles were tensed. Surprisingly, ruffling his hair calmed him down quite a bit. He looked over to Saj. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just, telling my story about my parents kinda, sucked. Sorry." Saggittaria was the first person that he could call a friend, he realized. She was charming, beautiful, and easy going. When she mentioned them being dressed similar, he looked her up and down more carefully. And, of course, his brain ruins this awesome moment by suggesting her to be his girlfriend. He blushed again, and shook his head to get it out of his head. He was out of his tensed state by now, and smiled genuinely at her.

Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Sagittaria Suki Svenja

"Nah, I don't blame ya," she chuckled, "shit happens. I suppose the best thing we can do when we get knocked down is get back up and become even stronger," she shrugged, and ruffles his hair again, because it was nice and soft.

"so what's on your mind then?" she asked out of curiosity, not suspecting anything particular. "didja wanna start talking business already, or should we bide a bit more time?" Clearly the Avatar was a busy woman, and so she figured they'd have to wait their turn. then again, chances were that she was not about to make this a one-day thing. Zulera was much more patient than that, and for a glorious project like creating and building a city, she would need to be.
Sagittaria took another shot and sighed contently. Sicne she had moved to ruffle his hair earlier, she was now seated next to Feren, but not uncomfortably close.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

The barkeep did in fact have orange juice, and so Kei was given his drinks without incident. "Life has treated me fairly well, despite a few disruptances," she nodded, vaguely referring to a spiritual crisis she had been part of not too long ago, but that was not going to stop her either. once Zulera put her mind to doing something, she did not stop until it was completed, or until it was deemed impossible after multiple different attempts. "I've got the city to build, and a few more tweaks to make to a couple of inventions, but otherwise, I'm golden." she grinned.

"well... I suppose if you don't know anyone, it begs me the question--what do you hope to gain from Zulera City?" she was not about to throw Kei out or anything, but this whole venture was something, but she wanted to know what he planned or hoped to gain from all of this. Zulera was not the type who wouldn't help someone, but she wanted to see people help themselves before she got involved.
Mood: Happy
Link: Zulera

Back to top Go down
Feren
Feren

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Feren

Feren usually thought about what he was going to say every time he opened his mouth around a girl. This was not one of those times. When he was asked what his thoughts were, his voice was going off before he knew it, instantly just giving her the answer. "Well, I was just imagining you as my girlf-" Feren stopped right there, clasping his hands around his mouth and turning more red than ever. Instead of running off in embarrassment, he did what people rarely do. Sit there and stare, with his eyes wide open. Thousands of things were running through his head. A few examples were "Good going bolthead" and "OH CRAP".

Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 10:34 pm

Sagittaria Suki Svenja

Okay, so Sagittaria admittedly blushed a little bit at that, but it was times like this that she was glad she had dark skin. it hid the blush better.
"heh! I..." she scratched her head, "I can't say I'd mind that too much." he was cute, and he was also rather good-looking. He seemed on the more innocent side, and so perhaps she could make his day.

she took his hand in hers, and then leaned over and planted a little kiss on his cheek. "you're cute." she admitted. sure it was probably gonna make the blood surge through both of their faces, but someone had to break the ice. Kudos to him for doing it, even if it had been an accident.
Mood: Flattered
Condition: Blushing

Back to top Go down
Feren
Feren

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Feren

Feren swore he saw a faint blush in he cheeks, but her dark skin was hiding it. Maybe it was his imagination? Then she took his hand in hers, and kissed his cheek. Yup. His imagination. Then she called him cute. Nope, not imagination, but a dream. And if this is all a dream, He might as well go along with it. He wasn't going to get this in the real world.

He felt as a kiss on the lips was not appropriate at this time, so he copied her and kissed her on the cheek, and copied her again. "You're cute too." His blush was still very present, but had faded a little as he gained confidense and gave her a smile.

Mood:Flattered
Condition:Tomato

Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 11:25 pm

Sagittaria Suki Svenja

when Sagittaria was kissed, she couldn't help but give a rather cute giggle. it was a little higher than her regular voice, but it wasn't loud or anything. "well then..." she was blushing a bit more obvious this time, and she let go of his hand, "maybe we *should* get a room then... or at least somewhere private while we confess our feelings for each other or what have you." sure her statements were bold and forward, but really, that was the only way things got done sometimes.

she kept a bright and playful smile on her face to show that she wasn't trying to pressure him one way or another. she did glance back at Zulera and then chuckled. "I reckon we can catch her again later--maybe when she's less busy?" she suggested. she wasn't trying to divert him from the reason they were here either, and so that wouldn't be a problem, she didn't think.

Back to top Go down
Feren
Feren

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 12:14 am

Feren

Saj gave out probably the cutest giggle he had ever heard. He smiled the biggest smile he had ever gave, then stopped when she mentioned getting a room. "A-A room? W-well... I guess we could catch her later.... O-ok." He ended with a nod, grabbing her hand again.

Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 12:28 am

Sagittaria Suki Svenja

"n pressure. it's not like we're about to do anything weird." she laughed offhandedly. She approached the manager, asking for a key to a room, slapping a few coins on the table in return. Sagittaria and her family were considerably rich, after all.

to cut a long story short, she led them up to a single-bed room, although there was also a washroom and a table that could easily seat two or three people. "wanna have a seat?" she offered, stepping towards the table after closing the door behind them. Just to make sure that he knew her intentions and all. she just wanted somewhere private where they could talk or befriend each other, rather than in the crowded halls of the tavern below.

Back to top Go down
Feren
Feren

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 12:43 am

Feren

Along with never having someone before, he had also never had this experience. The young engineer didn't know if he was ready when they got the room key. He was a bit nervous on the way up to the room, and it was made even worse when there was a single bed in the room. But calmed down a bit when she motioned for him to sit down at a table. He took his seat. "So, we talking business or, something along the lines of that?" Feren inquired. He half-hoped it was something a little more than just talk. He had rather liked the kisses on the cheek. His other half was the innocence of him telling him to leave back to his safety bubble.

Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 12:49 am

Sagittaria Suki Svenja

Sagittaria chuckled as they sat down across from each other this time. "aye, I suppose we can talk business... or if we both decide to blush our faces off, at least no one will be watching." she laughed.
"so what my proposal is, provided Zulera accepts it, is that I will contract builders to construct a port on Zulera Island that can hopefully reach the city. perhaps I could contract you to help me build a better boat, so to speak. I suppose we can discuss more details once we get Zulera City squared away though, yeah?"

she smiled again. "sorry if I made you awkward earlier, by the way." she apologized, "but yeah. I'm fine with the idea of friends... or frankly... well, you're a pretty nice guy too, y'know. so maybe more than that? I dunno. it's just a thought." she didn't want to sound like she was pressuring him one way or another, since her words were often times very swaying. so she left it at that.

Back to top Go down
Feren
Feren

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 1:16 am

Feren

Feren was fine talking business, especially now with Saj. He nodded and agreed with the boat and dock idea. He could make modifications to a boat. He always had new ideas brimming around his head. "Yeah, boat work is alright for me." To the whole awkward deal, he replied "Oh, um, yeah. Friends are nice. I-if you want, we can be a little more than that. I just, need a little time. So much has happened today, biggest of all is that I've never had a good friend. Especially a gir-.. w-woman, like yourself." Even when he was alone in a one bedroom hotel room with a girl, he was still trying to say the right things.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:22 am

Kei

"Oooo, more inventions? I wouldn't suppose that you'd be interested in letting me in on what they are? There is no point in keeping it top secret forever."
In all honesty, Kei really liked the development of new technology, it was like waiting until Christmas as young kid, excited to see what new gifts you'd get that year. Well, truthfully, Kei did like Christmas just as much as any other kid would, but he couldn't just tell that to people. Pretending to have the mindset of a kid at his age wasn't considered 'cute' anymore and it's not like he would be able to pay the kids admission fee for himself when entering an amusement park by using his 'mental age' as an excuse. That was besides the point however, All that should be noted was Kei was excited to see what Zulera had come up with. The last invention he saw from her was her giant mech.

Kei had to think over what exactly he wanted from this city. Peace would be nice, but did truly expect it? No, not really. It would take more than a city to end violence which has always remained parallel to the human race. Money was the real allure here.
"The thing you have to understand about me," Kei told the Avatar, "Is that I feel that there is just too much in life to worry over a single, long term goal. Me? I set a bunch of short ones, like, 'What am I going to eat tomorrow?' or 'I'm going to hit the jackpot at the local gambling bar'. So my answer? Definitely tonight's dinner."

Mood: Casual
Condition: Fine

[OOC: Sorry for the belated response to Zulera]
Back to top Go down
Asafu
Asafu

EXP : 310
Birthday : 1994-09-29

Character Description
Position: Trader
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Asafu

Spoiler:

Full Moon Bay, Earth Kingdom

City-life, even several excursions later, was still a trying experience on Asafu's desert-dwelling mind. All the sound, confusion. It was akin to drowning in zero-gravity.

The palanquin-driver new exactly where to take him. The Seasons' Palace might not have been anything landmark to an everyday citizen of the Earth Kingdom, but it may as well have been the Royal Palace compared to the huts and tents of Si Wong.

"Thanks," Asafu said dryly on his step down from the cart. "How much?"

"For this trip? A mere fifty yuans!"

Asafu's attire gave him away as a stranger to the city, but working for his father had made him shrewd and well acquainted with the real value of money.

"I think you're mistaken, friend. Twenty should do."

His driver searched for words but opted to snatch twenty coins and cut his losses. He left silently, stewing over his lost prospect.

The lobby was quiet and ornate. Early afternoon found few coming and going. A man, blanketed by a had-read newspaper, snoozed in his armchair. A help desk of sorts stood vacant at the far end.

He sat himself down at the bar next to a woman and her male companion. "Glass of water, please." When the barkeep returned with his order, Asafu presented him with the flyer advertising Zulera City.

"Know where I can find out about this?" he asked.

Mood: Reserved
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
http://www.planetary.org/
Fan-Lei
Fan-Lei

EXP : 1185
Birthday : 1998-07-08

Character Description
Position: Travelling Fire Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Fan-Lei

Fan-Lei had been sitting in the lobby for three hours now. He was used to being so stationary for so long, his wandering thus far had been largely aimless, and had become a cycle of finding places to eat, sleeping on their roofs, and travelling. Today, he was seated drinking tea and eating rice, when the desert man entered. He had been to the Si-Wong before, and he recognized a sandbender when he saw one.

Fan-Lei had seen a lot of illustrious individuals in the Full Moon Bay recently, and he had heard that the Avatar was holding a meeting for those that wished to partake in the formation of her city. Fan-Lei had no dreams so big, he had no idea what he was doing in the first place, but something about the sandbender had piqued his interest.

Fan-Lei knew himself to be unusually forthcoming at times, and he was no different today. He stood, abandoned his tea and walked over to the sandbender. He couldn't tell the age of him, but that made no matter. He tapped the sandbender on the shoulder and began to speak.

"Hello, I am Fan-Lei. It's been a while since I've seen a sandbender, especially so far from the Si-Wong. If I may ask, are you here to see the Avatar?"

Mood: Curious
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inviting Them In [OPEN]   Inviting Them In [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Inviting Them In [OPEN]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next