The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

EXP : 3090

The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] Empty
PostSubject: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:13 am

”It’s been a long time since Wan Shi Tong has been to this temple. It forces me to wonder why he didn’t come willingly.”

Elegys' sudden appearance caught Tseng (Ex-Water Bender Captain) and Jiraia (Fire Bender Samurai) by surprise. By reflex, Jiraia's hand shot toward the handle of his sheathed Katana. Jiraia was facing Elegys and was immediately prepared to cut him down in a single swing. Tseng instantly pulled the water out the air and instantly formed dozens of ice spears behind his head which were suddenly ready to be launched at deadly speeds towards Elegys.

Unlike his two companions, The Third Man, hooded, didn't make a single move at Elegys' sudden appearance. The Man held one of his hands in front of Jiraia and Tseng to signal for them to not attack.
"Do not worry," The Man told Jiraia, "He doesn't mean us harm... yet."
With that, Jiraia relxed his posture and Tseng let the water in his Ice Spears return to being simple gas particles in the air.

Looking over at the head of Wan Shin Tong and replying to what Elegys said upon his entrance, The Man said, "Is it not a crime to keep knowledge that could help the world for yourself? To keep the riches of information locked away in your own castle, isolated from the world."

The Man paused, then spoke, "Now tell me, is it a crime to enter a castle of such riches and slay the dragon that keeps it from us mortals? Does that make me a criminal? Or a Hero?"
Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

EXP : 5160

Character Description
Position: Dark Avatar
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 2:06 pm

Elegys

The bald monk couldn’t help but scoff at the man’s words. He took a few steps forwards, not sparing even a glance for the water-bender or the Samurai, until he was only a few paces in front of the mysterious Man.

”You are right in that regard; I’m not here to kill you quite yet. In fact, you might say I’m the one keeping you three alive right now.”

He turned his head slightly to look at the entrance to the ruins. Several lights were blinking in the darkness, and Elegys could feel the presence of the spirits waiting just outside. It was only the force of his spiritual will, harnessing the cosmic energies of Vaatu, which kept them at bay. He looked back at the man, eyes drifting lazily to Wan Shi Tong’s head.

”It is not a crime,” he continued. ”To keep information from those who do not deserve it. Many have been to the Great Library and come away enlightened – Wan Shi Tong has always been an excellent judge of character. Not anymore though, it seems.”

He took a deep breath in through his nose, focusing on exerting his control over the spirits at the edge of the ruins. They were growing boisterous, almost moving out of the nomad’s control. Almost.

”I know why you are here, but it is in vain. Gomorrah is gone – he hasn’t been seen in centuries by mortal or spirit. He has faded like so many great spirits before him, and will not be seen in either world ever again. Your quest was in vain.”

He turned now to the other men who had come to the ruins, and felt a soft tingling in his fingertips. ”But even if he was still alive, you would fail. It will take more than a single Waterbender and a Firebender to kill me, no matter how large his sword is,” he said, running his eyes along the samurai’s blade. He turned back to the apparent leader of the trio, glaring angrily at him.

”Know this; this is not the Fire Nation. It is not so easy to exert your will upon this realm as it was to attack the Capital. This world is defended by more than you know, and I won’t hesitate to use all of the strength it offers to force you from it.”

As he spoke, the floor around him started to vibrate. His eyes, still locked with the man’s, gave off the faintest tinge of burnt orange as the cosmic energies of the Spirit World flowed through him, using him as a conduit for the huge expanse of power that resided within it. The spirits behind him started to grow more agitated, the lights moving even faster than before.

”But before I kill you…” he whispered menacingly. ”Tell me what it is you seek from Gomorrah.”

Mood: Eager
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:12 am

"Gomorrah has faded from common knowledge and those who do know of him believed him long gone. Truth is, he hasn't disappeared, he merely sleeps. Sleeps and waits, until he would be called upon once more." The Leader spoke, his face ever so emotionless.

When Elegys said that both Tseng and Jiraia wouldn't be enough, they both didn't say anything. The only thing that happened was Jiraia let sparks of electricity dance amongst his finger tips briefly as if to show his eagerness to fight.
The Leader turned toward Jiraia and Tseng and spoke, "Leave us, and make sure we don't get anymore visitors."
Jiraia and Tseng both nodded and walked out of the ruins.

When Elegys brought up the Invasion of the Fire Nation Capital and powers of the Spirit World, The Leader only smiled.
"I know not to underestimate the mysterious powers of the Spirit world. Things so ancient forgotten, things that defy reality, things that shouldn't exist. All of these exist here. This is not the realm of man. I can only you tell you the same; do not underestimate the Spirit World. You might not be as powerful as you believe yourself to be." He told Elegys.

Despite Elegys' threats, The Xuri showed no caution or preparation to fight.
"Gomorrah was worshiped as a God in ancient times. Related to Earth Lion Turtle, Gomorrah wielded the ability of manipulation over Earth. Perhaps this is why these people didn't view him as a Spirit as they usually don't have such power. Whether this was the case or not, Gomorrah's power rivaled that of a god, so perhaps in his own rights, he deserved to be one. Gomorrah's existence is prominent even today. They say he was the one who created the Great Divide, angrily carving away at the Earth which was once a town whose citizens hadn't done as he asked. Gomorrah was the same person who completely removed the existence of the 5th Element. Destroying the lion turtle which carried it."

The Leader paused for a bit then continued, "What I seek from Gomorrah is his power. One that would be completely unrivaled in our world today. Unstoppable, even from the armies of all four nations."

"You ask me why I desire such a thing." The Leader continued, "I know who you are, Avatar, and I know you've seen what I've seen. This world is restless and everywhere you look, you see it all heading down a darker path. Our world is undergoing change, change that would destroy the foundations our ancestors set. Change that would bring forth further evil in people."

Then the Leader brought up a question for Elegys, "Now let me ask you, Avatar, you try to teach people the error of their ways and the you find yourself now the enemy of each nation and Ravaa's carrier. What do you do?"
Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:53 am

Elegys

Elegys shook his head slowly. ”You misunderstand; power in this realm does not belong to one individual. I am the embodiment of balance – Spirit and Human in the same host, and the world reacts to me as such. My power here is far greater than it could ever be in the physical world – even without my bending I know that.”

When the strange man explained Gomorrah to him, he couldn’t help but smile. ”I know of the legends, but they are no more than that. Even if Gomorrah was somehow still living here, you wouldn’t be able to harness his power – he would destroy you.”

”Know this, though – I am not here to teach. The time for teaching has long been passed by, and I am not one to look back into the past. Gentle persuasion will not work, so it is time to move onto stronger incentives. Only the power I wield can stop the destruction of everything that the spirits hold dear.”

”As for being an enemy, I actually find myself on rather good terms with a lot of people, including a prominent world leader,” he said with a scoff. ”I am friendly with all who sympathise with my ideals, and have no time to try and persuade anybody who fights me. I’ve tried the peaceful approach, and now it is time for the judgement day. The difference between us is that I can control the power that I harness, whereas you will not be able to wield Gomorrah’s power so easily. Are you prepared to die for what you believe in?”

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 10:47 am

"Balance you say?" The Leader questioned Elegys, "You say this, yet you host the spirit of Vatuu. I find it hard to believe that balance exists in you. One side seeks the light, the other seeks the dark. Many call this 'Balance', saying that one cannot exist without the other. Nothing lasts forever. What exists here is not balance, but rather conflict. The weaker side will eventually lose, and the stronger side will rule. That is the natural law of nature."

"I do not intend to attempt to control Gomorrah's power." The Leader said, "In fact, I intend to let it free. Mankind has grown too arrogant, stepping on whatever is in their path in order to rise. Easily enough, some were able to rise more than others and stepped on those below them. This has created much separation and division amongst people. I can only pray Gomorrah's wrath will be enough to remind people that we are all the same."

"To destroy and start anew, that is how change is created. It matters not how we get there, but instead what we achieve in the end. It matters not how much of ourselves we lose along the way if it benefits the all life."

"Understand that I have no quarrel with you Avatar." The Leader continued, "Our paths are both very similar. We've given up trying to correct humanity peacefully and now we resorted to more forceful methods. In doing so, we've given up our lives for the sake of what we seek and crushed whatever stood in our paths, all because in the end, it would help mankind for the better good. Now that our paths have crossed, we come across the only two options available to the both of us: Join Paths, or destroy each other."

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Elegys

The Dark Avatar couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow. ”Your path leads to nothing but destruction. Even destruction with the chance of resurrection is not the right path here. Our paths may yet cross in the future, you are right about that – but for now you have a third option. Leave this place and I will let you live. Death isn’t necessary right now, but it is necessary for you to stop.”

He took a few steps to the side, looking away from the strange leader. ”However, I am willing to make a deal of sorts. You seem confident that Gomorrah is here, however unlikely that seems – I will allow you to attempt to summon the Great Spirit, but that is it. I will petition him myself – you may stay if you desire, but I will not defend or help you.”

The bald nomad turned quickly on the spot, glaring at the Man. ”Do you agree?”

Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 7:14 am

"Very well, Avatar. I will release Gomorrah, perhaps then you will realize the truth in what I preach."
The Xuri leader had no intention of abandoning his quest after all that has happened and at this point, nothing would stop him from achieving what he desired.

The Man approached the center of the ritual circle where Wan Shi Tong's head lie.
"Understand that there are more dimensional planes that exist besides the Human world and Spirit World." The Leader told Elegys, "No one has ever gone to these other planes before just because reality does not work the same as it does either in here or the Human world. Life cannot exist in these planes simply because their laws of reality will not deem it so."

Out from his cloak the Man brought out nine scrolls and placed it around the head of Wan Shi Tong as he continued to talk.
"Long ago, much before the time of Avatar Wan, nine monks, with the help of other powerful spirits sealed Gomorrah's being in one of these different dimensions, defying these different laws of realities. The powerful Spirits fueled the ritual with their energy and the monks guided Gomorrah's spirit into one of these unknown dimensions."

The Leader stopped talking for a bit as he prepared the final preparations of the ritual.
"Bringing Gomorrah back will require the same process. The head of Wan Shi Tong will provide a source of energy and the scrolls will provide an anchor that will guide Gomorrah back to the Spirit Plane."

The preparations were complete and the Leader stood in front of Wan Shi Tong's head and held his hand over it and held a dagger to it.
"And so we begin." The Leader said cutting open his hand, letting some of his blood spill onto the Great Owl's head.

Nothing happened for half a minute and all was silent. The leader stood still, making no move as his blood continued dripping. Then all of a sudden, there was a loud tearing noise and the air in front of the Xuri leader tore open. It was a small portal to another dimension. Out of the portal stepped out a man. Average size, roughly six feet. He was in his 30's, clean shaven, and had long white hair which went past his shoulders. He didn't look like a spirit or a god, but gave off an aura of intense power.

"Finally," Spoke the white haired man who was no doubt Gomorrah, "For far too long have I been bathed in darkness, breathing in air that did not exist, seeing, feeling nothing."
Gomorrah smiled and looked the Xuri Leader.
"You've done well, Xanxus." He told the Leader revealing his name to be Xanxus. It would be unknown why, but it would seemed that Gomorrah and Xanxus (Xuri Leader) had some kind of connection prior to this meeting.

At last, Gomorrah turned to Elegys. He recognized the power of Vatuu coming from him, but Gomorrah could tell that this Elegys was not Vatuu by appearances. (Note that Gomorrah lived before Avatars existed.)
"Vatuu?" He asked curiously, "No... that's not quite right, You are clearly human... Tell me, who are you, mortal?"
Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 10:20 am

Elegys

”Everybody knows the stories – continue the ritual,” he said to the man, his anticipation rising against his will. If Gomorrah did truly still exist, then it could mean destruction for the entire world and everybody in it.

After the man performed the ritual, Elegys stood with his arms crossed. Nothing happened for quite some time, and he wondered whether or not it had gone wrong. Just when he was about to berate the man on failing the ritual, a split in space and time ruptured into existence in front of the pair.

The man that emerged was certainly not what he had expected. He hadn’t known what he had expected, but it certainly hadn’t been this. If anything, he looked like he would spend all day in a hair salon rather than destroying the world.

But inside the Dark Avatar, everything was different. The spirit that resided in his body started to rear up, striving to get out. Elegys tried to push the Spirit of Chaos back down, but it was no use. When Gomorrah spoke to the nomad, the spirit overwhelmed him, taking full control of his body.

”Wrong again, Gomorrah – I am in here. This mortal is my vessel, my link to the physical world. It truly is magnificent what one can do with so-called ‘bending’ these days. Much different to your time, my old friend,” he said, but the voice was different to Elegys’ normal deep timbre. It was infused with the voice of Vaatu, who was simply using the Airbender’s mouth to convey his message.

And then, the ruins began to shake. Elegys gripped his stomach with a groan, but straightened up quickly when the spirit took control of his limbs. He felt his body stretching and morphing, pulling in every direction at once. His skin began to pulsate slightly until it took on a much darker hue, with strange markings appearing all over his now tentacle-like arms. He let out a roar, and darkness swept all over the ruins.

In the place of the Airbender, Vaatu now stood in his immortal form. His tendrils snaked along the ground towards the man known as Xanxus, but Elegys managed to use the small amount of power that he still had to prevent them from gripping him.

”Do you recognise me now? I barely recognise you – it has truly been a long time. But what is your business here? The Lion Turtles are all but gone, and the spirits have been confined in this world for an age. What could you possibly have to do here, Gomorrah?”

Condition: Vaatu’d

Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:11 am

"Interesting..." Gomorrah said. "Even though I was locked away in my prison, not all of me was locked away. A small part of my conscious remained in this world, that was the way I came into contact with Xanxus. It was true, I heard rumors of Ravaa fusing with a human, but never you Vatuu."

"Ahh," Gomorrah replied as Vatuu revealed his true form, "Much better. Seeing an old friend is refreshing, it almost makes me forget I was locked away for nearly all eternity."

Gomorrah began walking around, stretching his arms and legs.
"As I've told you," Gomorrah continued as he was walking around, "Not all of me was ever truly locked away. A small part of my conscience remained on this planet. True, in that form I had no more power than that of a really weak spirit, but I was able to watch as times changed."
"If you want to know what I think about this change," Gomorrah said with a smile, "Times have grown a bit too peaceful... Wouldn't you agree? I think some more change is due."
Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:49 pm

Elegys

The Dark Avatar laughed deeply, looking at the silver-haired man. ”I know what you mean – maybe we should teach them the meaning of fear, my old friend?”

No! You can’t do this, Vaatu!

I can do it with you; trust me, Elegys. This is the only way to fulfil your destiny. We can create a new world together.

The Airbender stepped forwards until he was directly in front of the ancient spirit, and extended his hand for Gomorrah to shake. Together they would easily be able to overcome anything that might come up against them – Avatar or otherwise.

Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:36 am

"More then fear." Gomorrah chuckled, "Perhaps an Armageddon."

Gomorrah took Elegys hand and shook it, and said this time to both Vatuu and Elegys, "Do you feel it? A coming of a new age."

Gomorrah looked backed at Xanxus and nodded in approval. Xanxus knew what it was about. It seemed all of the scales were beginning to tip in their favor. Not only was Gomorrah's revival on time, but they seemed to have now gotten the Dark Avatar as an ally. All that was left now was the final part of their plan. One that would completely change the lives of everyone on the planet forever...

[OOC: I wasn't sure if you wanted to continue this or not, but I feel as though this thread is mostly done. This thread was the most important one out of all the mini-ones, so once I get the others completed, that'll be the end of Act 2 and we can move onto the final Act. I'll definitely let you know when that happens, because it seems that Elegys would definitely be in on that.]
Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Elegys

”We can feel it, my friend – and we’re ready to make the others feel it.”

Elegys turned around slowly and began to take a few steps away. ”You know how to contact me, Gomorrah. I’ll be ready as soon as you are,” he said over his shoulder, before taking a few more steps. With each one his stride seemed to increase, and in a few seconds he had disappeared, traversing through the Spirit World back to his peaceful grove, where he sat down cross-legged once again.

I don’t agree with this, Vaatu. There’s no way this can further our goals.

Wait and see, Elegys; wait and see.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]   The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rise Of Gomorrah [Elegys]
Page 1 of 1